Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6990) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10901652 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6987) (6988) (6989) (6990) (6991) (6992) (6993) ... (7756) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 3:43am On May 19, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
Just thinking and cracking my brain on how to achieve 100 million annual dividend in the next 8 years so I can retire from daily hustling.

U need to invest around 500-700m naira, is doable with good strategy. If u are outside the country and you work very hard this is doable as naira devaluation will reward your hard work and your purchase stock power would be greatly increased. If you are in Nigeria and your income can't give you 700m in the next 8yrs is a big task ooo. A guy saved 100k Canadian $ for 2+ yrs which is around 55m if your annual income is 7-10m can u save 55m in 2yrs+ but your mission is more achieve able if u are outside the country and work hard u will surely get that 100m yearly dividend. Another strategy is if u have huge money from 10-50m and you are actively trading on nse may u buy low then sell u don't wait for dividend and you compound the money like that it will give u around 800m to 1b in the next 10-12yrs. Have done the calculations before using zenith Bank and uba as a case study cos the duo stocks have better movement to achieve it then at the end of the 10th or 12yrs u finally settle for a particular stock for your 100m dividend. Have done this on an excell sheet. Note waiting for dividend u cant actualize this for but get capital appreciation move out then enter after mark down

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 3:49am On May 19, 2023
nosa2:

I advise you work towards doing this in USD. Planning a retirement using Naira investments is uber risky

I hear alot of people saying $ $ stuff retirement, if am in Nigeria and am spending naira and not $ 100m dividend is ok for me no matter the naira devaluation all I need to do is to see how I can increase such dividend which doesn't even require I work to do that is just a mental stuff

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by perfectgen(m): 5:10am On May 19, 2023
What they are trying to tell you is that the 100M you wish to make annually in few years time may not be able to do more than what 10M can do now, due to inflation.

It is like going to make about 200k monthly in 2013; it will be above $1k and you will be able to meet up with the basic needs but if you make same 200k monthly today, you cannot do much.

On your statement of spending naira since you are in Nigeria, until we start producing the bulk of what we use here in Nigeria, the dollar will determine our standard of living. Are you not going to need a car, basic amenities and probably send your kids abroad for Masters, vacation etc. It is at that point that you will understand that the 100M in naira does not have the anticipated value anymore

aremso:

I hear alot of people saying $ $ stuff retirement, if am in Nigeria and am spending naira and not $ 100m dividend is ok for me no matter the naira devaluation all I need to do is to see how I can increase such dividend which doesn't even require I work to do that is just a mental stuff

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 5:50am On May 19, 2023
perfectgen:
What they are trying to tell you is that the 100M you wish to make annually in few years time may not be able to do more than what 10M can do now, due to inflation.

It is like going to make about 200k monthly in 2013; it will be above $1k and you will be able to meet up with the basic needs but if you make same 200k monthly today, you cannot do much.

On your statement of spending naira since you are in Nigeria, until we start producing the bulk of what we use here in Nigeria, the dollar will determine our standard of living. Are you not going to need a car, basic amenities and probably send your kids abroad for Masters, vacation etc. It is at that point that you will understand that the 100M in naira does not have the anticipated value anymore

Still depends on your strategy I can still be increasing my dividend yearly to meet up and I can still relocate my family abroad so they start their life there so I don't think of sending anyone to school in the long run. All depends on individual strategy as inflation bites, one think of making more money to counter the effects
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rmx: 8:17am On May 19, 2023
mendes911:

How many investments in Nigeria have grown tremendously in the last 5 years? What's the exact growth for those that have made progress?

If you had N30m to purchase a commercial property 10 years ago and then you had the same opportunity to to have converted that same amount to USD (about USD190k) to purchase a commercial property in the US, which of them would have been a far better investment now?

Always better to have dollar assets in your portfolio mix , it’s a no brainer ,could be dollar funds , stocks, real estate or even crypto depending on the level you play or risk appetite to hedge , been doing this close to a decade now

But I Also know people locally that there revenues are outpacing devaluation and inflation , all of them are not salary earners

Know people that buy property / land , some of there returns also ahead of devaluation , you could say same with stocks if you bought at the Covid crash of 2020

Will be good to be well diversified

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 11:24am On May 19, 2023
PZ Just de one corner doing the movement without much noise. Abeg anyone with info should share. Currently above 15naira today

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 11:27am On May 19, 2023
I never see dollar people talk about FEES and TAXES! Cumulatively you’ll lose 10-15% to FEES and exchange rates. You’ll lose another 20-35% to capital gains or ordinary income TAX as a foreigner.

These two things will limit your performance regardless of how lucky you are with your stock picking. If you have no way of minimizing taxes and fees, abeg stick to your normal Naira investments

But make una continue to dey service Uncle Sam, they love the free money.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:45am On May 19, 2023
yMcy56:
MANSARD: Sighted @2.73......this one go still touch 3 las las. tongue

Cornerstone: Na +N1 stock.... We go see how it will go. :...
2 days ago post.
E Ku MANSARD ooo.
Las las e don touch 3...... grin
We'll see if it can be able to return to the initial 3.32 first...

Chai!!! Oga Pluto09 see as you miss this effortless +100% ..... shocked tongue

IKEJA HOTELS: Sighted @1.94.......@2..... smiley

PZ: Sighted @16.........na WA oo.

FBNH...... ?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rmx: 12:14pm On May 19, 2023
Ades1:
I never see dollar people talk about FEES and TAXES! Cumulatively you’ll lose 10-15% to FEES and exchange rates. You’ll lose another 20-35% to capital gains or ordinary income TAX as a foreigner.

These two things will limit your performance regardless of how lucky you are with your stock picking. If you have no way of minimizing taxes and fees, abeg stick to your normal Naira investments

I do dollar funds both with gtmutual funds formerly investment one and Stanbic mutual , all the fees you mentioned does not apply at all

but if you also have good foreign assets you picked up 10 years ago when naira was trading at 170 to 190 , stocks or real estate , might still be better despite the fees , it’s not for everybody . The objective is always to build and protect wealth and diversification ensures that . A lot of opportunities abound locally also ,said that already . Let’s return to discussion on stocks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by LordAdam16: 12:23pm On May 19, 2023
Ades1:

I'll need a source on that claim.

Also, how does the 15% in fees and exchange rate break down? It can only be that high if you're investing tashere amount with flat fee.

-Lord
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 12:31pm On May 19, 2023
DS might be heading back to 17.50 by next week

Presco waiting to shoot back to 160 or more depending on result outcome.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:34pm On May 19, 2023
onegentleguy:
There has been a reoccurance of mergers/aquisation or takeover/buyout and follow-up delisting of some quoted companies on the NSE bourse.

Over the yrs, the likes of NBC, BAGCO, IHS, CAPPA & D'ALBERTO, OASIS INSURANCE, CRUSADER INSURANCE, 7-UP, ASHAKA CEMENT, AVON CROWN CAPS, DIAMOND BANK, NEWREST ASL, DANGOTE FLOUR, CONTINENTAL RE, 1ST ALUMINIUM and most recently AG LEVENTIS to mention just a few, have either undergone a merger, aquisation or takeover/buyout. ...with the last 6 all brokered in less than a year !!
However, I think we might see a few more in the not-so-distant future.

Given the current position of their financial print(balance sheet position in view) in relation to their present equity prices, the following coys could be future candidates for a merger, aquisation or take over/buy out:

NEIMETH PHARMACEUTICALS, CHAMS, FO, GLAXOSMITHKLINE NIG, COURTVILLE, TRANEX(trans-nationwide express), UNIONDAC, PZ and BERGER PAINTS PLC.

Why?

1st off, is to ascertain if there are doubts surrounding the survival of these companies, so one doesn't lose their money taking(early) positions in them. And next, is to look in on their current earnings capacity, then gauge its relative sustainability over time.

On that line, keeping a tag on their OHLSONS O-SCORE(a key financial tool used to forecast if a company could go bankrupt), I see them remaining as a going concern. ...which makes them attractive candidates for 'external forces'(investors) who could bid to take them on at a cheap and turn them around.

...and using the EPP(earnings persistence approach: a valuation technique used to predict how often the earnings return of a coy will likely continue to reoccur over time after raking-off risk), I see a higher probability that any take over/buy out(should they occur) will be priced @ great premiums to their current market prices.
With some, at potential premiums of near 105% ROI !!

I particularly like the 1st 5.

On a side note, a few coys in the financial services sector, particularly the INSURANCE segment 'could also be up for grabs'... so watch that space !!

CAVEAT: This piece is only intended to look at quoted coys with chances of a merger, aquisation or takeover/buy out.
...it is NO licence to any sought of recommendation !!

My advise: Always do well to follow ur instinct.

debeey87:
PZ Just de one corner doing the movement without much noise. Abeg anyone with info should share. Currently above 15naira today

Now N16.
...up approx 300% since the time we gave an entry call @ N4.

I will look to reduce my stake now though... as the combination of CMP and inherent risk catches up on intrinsic valuation. (MoS/RRM now just 27.1% above SRM... assuming a conservative projection)

That said, PZ is among the coys I highlighted as a potential candidate for a buy-out/acquisition, so it's also possible there are other factors currently impacting it's price. (see post above) wink cheesy cool

CAVEAT: NOT to be inferred as any sought of recommendation. Due diligence still applies as always.

It is well

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 12:41pm On May 19, 2023
NSEINDEX being optimistically cautious. Will it hold till inauguration?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:42pm On May 19, 2023
onegentleguy:

LIVESTOCK FEEDS was trading for <N1 when the above post was put out.
...its only been up by approx 13%.

Well, some persons will probably think it's expensive until it pushes up by a further 60-71% above it's currently mkt price.
And so shall it be with the 7 other coys highlighted above... with some likely to deliver even more.
...still early.

One of them (UPDC) is yet to push up. (just approx 5% return since call)
...just waiting for "the day of reckoning". wink cheesy cool
Again, still early!

NOTE; NOT to be inferred as any sought of recommendation.
Pls do well to follow your instinct.

LIVESTOCK FEEDS still doing great.
...currently up by over 36% since our entry call @ 95k.
Still got plenty of room for upside!

Again, that other "U" name is yet to move as expected... even as current MoS/RRM makes a mockery of the combination of its FVP and surrounding risk. (ref: >79% peg)
UPDC... just waiting for that day of reckoning.
...it will respond! wink cheesy cool

Again, NOT an investment advice.

Selah
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 12:48pm On May 19, 2023
Zagee:
Why is Etranzact not making waves? Is there a mystery to it?

Full bid today with no sales I think. Yesterday was peanut supply. Up about 20% from last post.

Last I checked, Access ramped up its stake to about 25%

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:56pm On May 19, 2023
Zagee:

Full bid today with no sales I think. Yesterday was peanut supply. Up about 20% from last post.

Last I checked, Access ramped up its stake to about 25%

When you look at E-TRANZACT, then you'll probably understand why a coy like CHAMS should have no business trading below 65k.
Yes I said 65k! ...and that's me trying to be conservative.

Not saying that E-TRANZACT is bad, but give me the opportunity and I'll gladly "marry one and make the other my concubine".
Am sure you already know who would be the wife. wink cheesy cool

Do a thorough P2P sampling analysis and a few things will become a bit clearer. wink cheesy shocked
But that's just one side to the story.
CHAMS is fundamentally healthy with many pockets of prospect yet untapped.

But hey! this is not an investment advice.

I can not come and go and kill myself for nothing. wink cheesy grin

It is well

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 1:05pm On May 19, 2023
LordAdam16:

I'll need a source on that claim.

Also, how does the 15% in fees and exchange rate break down? It can only be that high if you're investing tashere amount with flat fee.

-Lord

Quick Google search will give you all the source you need in regards to the taxes.

As for fees, do the break down of the fees you pay to buy one share of Tesla, and then calculate the percentage based on the the price of Tesla. After doing that, also do the reverse calculation for when you eventually sell..

Majority of people screaming dollar dollar only have tashere to invest. When Ote$ was buying Transcorp he wasn't screaming dollar dollar

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 1:42pm On May 19, 2023
I don't know. I'm really thinking of going in heavy on Access Corp. It's trading at the lowest PE compared to the other tier-one banks, and it looks like it had the best performing result in Q1. What do the gurus advise?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:49pm On May 19, 2023
onegentleguy:
When you look at E-TRANZACT, then you'll probably understand why a coy like CHAMS should have no business trading below 65k.
Yes I said 65k! ...and that's me trying to be conservative.

Do a thorough P2P sampling analysis and a few things will become a bit clearer. wink cheesy shocked
But that's just one side to the story.
CHAMS is fundamentally healthy with many pockets of prospect yet untapped.

But hey! this is not an investment advice....
CHAMS and E-Transact are in the same business I Blvd....
- ACCESS has increased its stake in E-Transact to 37.56% totalling N12.1B injected in fund....
- I think 2 banks were able to make much revenue recently due to their Fintech use of doing biz...
- CHAMS has 5 major corporate substantial shareholders with shareholdings around 35% of the total share capital of N5B....
* All CHAMS needed is just one catalyst to leap......who knows, a bank or one int'l body may just decide to partner or inject fund into the coy one day or buy the coy over..........that's the kind of news Chams needed to blow......... tongue
** Still have bright future in my opinion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 1:55pm On May 19, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:55pm On May 19, 2023
Heavy funds really entering this market .......
GTCO resumes the buying spree today again ....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 1:55pm On May 19, 2023
onegentleguy:

LIVESTOCK FEEDS still doing great.
...currently up by over 32% since our entry call @ 95k.
Still got plenty of room for upside!

Again, that other "U" name is yet to move as expected... even as current MoS/RRM makes a mockery of the combination of its FVP and surrounding risk. (ref: >79% peg)
UPDC... just waiting for that day of reckoning.
...it will respond! wink cheesy cool

Again, NOT an investment advice.

Selah

Livestock ... to the moon.

Kudos OGG
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:56pm On May 19, 2023
Lion123:
I don't know. I'm really thinking of going in heavy on Access Corp. It's trading at the lowest PE compared to the other tier-one banks, and it looks like it had the best performing result in Q1. What do the gurus advise?

Divide the funds into 2 parts and put 50% each in ACCESSCORP and UBA.

I would've said you work with a portfolio weighting that slightly favours the latter ahead of the former (10% more or 60-40%), but they both look good from a TA standpoint. Fundamentally though, I have a slight preference for UBA ahead of ACCESSCORP.

Wouldn't be a bad idea if they get an equal proportion of your billions.
Pls remember to come back and pay small homidge to the boys later. wink cheesy cool

It is well

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 1:56pm On May 19, 2023
yMcy56:

CHAMS and E-Transact are in the same business I Blvd....
- ACCESS has increased its stake in E-Transact to 37.56% totalling N12.1B injected in fund....
- I think 2 banks were able to make much revenue recently due to their Fintech use of doing biz...
- CHAMS has 5 major corporate substantial shareholders with shareholdings around 35% of the total share capital of N5B....
* All CHAMS needed is just one catalyst to leap......who knows, a bank or one int'l body may just decide to partner or inject fund into the coy one day or buy the t over..........that's the kind of news Chams needed to blow......... tongue
** Still have bright future in my opinion.

Interesting.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 1:59pm On May 19, 2023
onegentleguy:

Divide the funds into 2 parts and put 50% each in ACCESSCORP and UBA.

I would've said you work with a portfolio weighting that slightly favours the latter ahead of the former (10% more or 60-40%), but... wink cheesy grin
They both look good from a TA standpoint. Fundamentally though, I have a slight preference for UBA ahead of ACCESSCORP.

Wouldn't be a bad idea if they get an equal proportion of your billions.
Pls remember to come and pay small homidge to the boys later. wink cheesy cool

It is well

Thanks bro. Knowing the deep things I know about my dear Uncle TOE and how he runs his shops, I'm inclined to stay away from his companies.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 2:00pm On May 19, 2023
Lion123:
I came jejely to buy 10m units of Access at 10.20, you people have now moved it to 10.30. Be fearing God. I will play sha.
With ur size 10k much shaaa, but not too much.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 2:05pm On May 19, 2023
Someone heavy is snapping up Geregu. I wonder what's happening.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Neverlosemoney: 2:06pm On May 19, 2023
mendes911:

For someone claiming that he/she doesn't spend USD or GBP in Nigeria shouldn't forget that the purchasing power of N1m 5 years ago is not the same now. Take for instance the price of condom which has almost tripled in Nigeria from 5 years ago till now.
Five Years Ago A Loaf Of Bread Was Selling For #50. You Were Given #200 To Purchase 4 Loaf Of Breads To Eat, You Decided To Put The Money Into An Investment Account Yielding 20% Per Annual. After 5 Years Of Compounding, Your #200 Is Now Worth #498 Before You Congratulate Yourself On A Job Well-done. A Loaf Of Bread Is Now Selling For #200, Your #498 Will Buy You Just 2 Loaf of Breads. Yes! You made great return on your investment, you might feel richer but you won't eat richer.

Investing should not be focused on making money but beating or keeping up with inflation or devaluation through any means necessary. I can't help but notice Most people focus on the former. As long they are making money they doing a great job. That is a wrong way of seeing investing.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:13pm On May 19, 2023
yMcy56:
Heavy funds really entering this market .......
GTCO resumes the buying spree today again ....

GTCO still dey maintain ..Market get i'm own mind
Now ahead of Zee
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:15pm On May 19, 2023
lancee:
GTCO still dey maintain ..Market get i'm own mind
Now ahead of Zee
ZEE doesn't have a mind of its own..... Just like to answer to GT.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:17pm On May 19, 2023
yMcy56:

ZEE doesn't have a mind of its own..... Just like to answer to GT.. grin

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 2:19pm On May 19, 2023
GT @ N26.6. Zenith @ N25.50. God wins! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6987) (6988) (6989) (6990) (6991) (6992) (6993) ... (7756) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Pesuzok(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.