Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6992) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10837590 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6989) (6990) (6991) (6992) (6993) (6994) (6995) ... (7738) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 6:27pm On May 19, 2023
LordAdam16:

Maybe you don't have plans to ever wear a Brioni. Or stay at an Aman. Or buy La Mer for your wife. Or fund your kids/grandkids down payment or tuition in part or in full. Or comfortably pay for world-class medical care when you're frail.

-Lord

Lol, if you couldn't afford this lifestyle when you exchanged your naira for dollars at 180, how do you think you can afford it now?

Will this lifestyle become less expensive because the naira is devaluing? Some people sef. Unless you earn in dollars or live abroad, exchanging naira for dollars to buy foreign stocks will not suddenly make you dollar rich, naira rich maybe.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 19, 2023
Keep some cash for the generational low that is coming. It will be very painful when people see stocks at an unimaginable low level and can't buy. The market isn't bullish. In a real bullish market, everything rises.

Can NSE index touch 18,900? We will see.

Food cost will get worse. Oil price decline could exacerbate things for oil producing countries and banks that fund it. Emerging markets are about to see shege.

After these events comes calm.

See you in January 2024.

In Biden's voice: Let's lick the world!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by LordAdam16: 6:57pm On May 19, 2023
Ades1:

Tesla does not pay dividends, but this conversation was started for dividends, I only named Tesla because it is popular. But since we're still on Tesla what do you say to the $$$ people who bought at $350-$400?

Btw, before doing wire transfer, at what rate did you convert your naira to $$$?

For clarification, these are your stated fees,

1-1.5% Transaction fee
3% Wire fee
30% Taxes

Total as stated by you is 34-35%... You see that $2,000,000 I earlier stated as needed for $140k/year? May want to bump it up to $3,000,000 to account for those outrageous fees and taxes

Respectfully, you're missing the forest for the trees.

I'm not sure why you're intentionally sidestepping the devaluation impairment. That is the elephant in the room.

3x surge in exchange rate in Nigeria that wipes off your capital's nominal value vs 30% extricated from dividends (you keep 70%) while your capital maintains its value and appreciates against the naira. It's a no-brainer. Buy a Eurobond, Municipal Bond, or a non-US domiciled ETF and you're exempt from the WHT.

The dollar camp will thin out if the naira held its value or experienced a marginal loss. Proponents will change their jerseys before you blink.

In fact, FPIs will return in droves. We'll all collectively be falling all over ourselves to buy the banks, palm oil, and other high yield dividend stocks and sleep with both eyes closed. There'd be sustained perennial capital appreciation of A-list coys as well.

Unfortunately, that is not the reality and a lot of people are not optimistic about how the next 10, 20, 30 years will shake out.

I repeat, devaluation is the primary reason for the interest in dollar-denominated securities. When the rate stabilizes for an extended period, very few people will chase single-digit yields in the US when CPs and stocks in Nigeria offer double digit yields. The math will be very different then.

You cannot be jumping out of NSE stocks when their quarterly results stink but point fingers at those looking to preserve their capital in $ securities when the naira rate is dropping like a rock. That's a shocking lack of self-awareness.

I don't care about the color of my money. I only care about what it can get me.

-Lord

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by LordAdam16: 7:20pm On May 19, 2023
ositadima1:

Lol, if you couldn't afford this lifestyle when you exchanged your naira for dollars at 180, how do you think you can afford it now?

Will this lifestyle become less expensive because the naira is devaluing? Some people sef. Unless you earn in dollars or live abroad, exchanging naira for dollars to buy foreign stocks will not suddenly make you dollar rich, naira rich maybe.

There's a lot to say about this but I'm sure some folks are probably seething already that this has gone on long enough.

I no get strength to catch stray bullet.

All I'll say is that you should look up the word "progress" in your dictionary. Most of the Ogas here are high earners and business owners.

I don't know why you can't wrap your head around significant net worth increases over decade long periods through a combination of astute investment plays and revenue growth.

On that note, let's suspend the debate. This is NSEMPA. Naira or dollar. I wish everyone the best.

-Lord

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 7:27pm On May 19, 2023
LordAdam16:

Respectfully, you're missing the forest for the trees.

I'm not sure why you're intentionally sidestepping the devaluation impairment. That is the elephant in the room.

3x surge in exchange rate in Nigeria that wipes off your capital's nominal value vs 30% extricated from dividends (you keep 70%) while your capital maintains its value and appreciates against the naira. It's a no-brainer. Buy a Eurobond, Municipal Bond, or a non-US domiciled ETF and you're exempt from the WHT.

The dollar camp will thin out if the naira held its value or experienced a marginal loss. Proponents will change their jerseys before you blink.

In fact, FPIs will return in droves. We'll all collectively be falling all over ourselves to buy the banks, palm oil, and other high yield dividend stocks and sleep with both eyes closed. There'd be sustained perennial capital appreciation of A-list coys as well.

Unfortunately, that is not the reality and a lot of people are not optimistic about how the next 10, 20, 30 years will shake out.

I repeat, devaluation is the primary reason for the interest in dollar-denominated securities. When the rate stabilizes for an extended period, very few people will chase single-digit yields in the US when CPs and stocks in Nigeria offer double digit yields. The math will be very different then.

You cannot be jumping out of NSE stocks when their quarterly results stink but point fingers at those looking to preserve their capital in $ securities when the naira rate is dropping like a rock. That's a shocking lack of self-awareness.

I don't care about the color of my money. I only care about what it can get me.

-Lord

Ummm lemme get this straight, I raised the issue of crazy fees and taxes, you accused me of spreading fake news. In your quest to insult and prove me wrong, you proved me right! All I did was point it out to you lol. But now, it was never about the Fees and Taxes??

Good luck to you brotherly

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 7:37pm On May 19, 2023
RabbiDoracle:
Keep some cash for the generational low that is coming. It will be very painful when people see stocks at an unimaginable low level and can't buy. The market isn't bullish. In a real bullish market, everything rises.

Food cost will get worse. Oil price decline could exacerbate things for oil producing countries and banks that fund it. Emerging markets are about to see shege.

See you in January 2024.

It's obvious that after the bull comes bear. From the look things, June may be bullish cause they may touch the subsidy after dangote refinery launch. For now, don't miss the present opportunity

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:39pm On May 19, 2023
Unfortunately dollar is gradually losing its appeal in international trade

The Koko be say, do what works for you.

As bad as the last 8 years was some people have tripled and quadrupled their Investment and business income.

There are 22 houses on a street in my area, 12 were bought and demolished of in the last 18 months to erect new structures. The buyers are not politicians, civil servants or criminal but everyday Nigerians who own their thriving businesses.

Still trying to talk some of these guys into understanding the wealth creation ability of the stock market

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by LordAdam16: 7:42pm On May 19, 2023
Ades1:

Ummm lemme get this straight, I raised the issue of crazy fees and taxes, you accused me of spreading fake news. In your quest to insult and prove me wrong, you proved me right! All I did was point it out to you lol. But now, it was never about the Fees and Taxes??

The crazy fees is a myth. I pointed that out. The crazy taxes can be exempted by careful selection. And I reiterated that the only reason why most consider $ securities, regardless of fee or tax, is the devaluation.

I'm not out to get you. I'd gain nothing from that. Only sharing an alternate perspective which you've recurrently glossed over.

Not even sure where you're seeing insults.

Do accept my apologies if anything I said rubbed you the wrong way.

Let's close things off here please.

More power to you too chief.

-Lord

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:07pm On May 19, 2023
Thanks to all that responded to my 100M dividend post.Your contributions gave me different angle. Oga Emma your statistics on investing nigeria is shocking. On the guys that believe in dollars. I no send dollars or dollar investment. I live and die in niaja come rain come sun.My expenses will be in naira.Then on the trading aspect in nse,I don't think it is as easy as it sounds.
My biggest take from all contributions so far it is achievable.Then I will die trying, lol.I really want to partially retire early.
I have a friend whose father retired in his mid 50.He has 3 wives as a Muslim.His daily routine was so sweet. He come down from his private parlour to visitor lobby by 12 noon.He goes to his malam to study from 2 till around 4pm.He does not miss any molem prayers.Then from 4 pm till evening prayers. He sits with locals on the street to gist and give out arms/help or visit one of the sons shop/business
to gist.He shared his building properties to the sons and placed thr wives on monthly allowance .Instead of the man growing older he was growing young, lol

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Afromentalist: 9:27pm On May 19, 2023
ositadima1:
The dollar has increased in value by 3 times or more in the last 8 years. Some "good" stocks have done even better, while others have decimated investors' money.

I believe that selecting good stocks can beat inflation.
We are talking about two different things here. Of course selecting good stocks can beat inflation! Else nobody would be active in the stock market.

What I am saying is that stocks do not necessarily adjust to inflation and indeed high and persistent inflation has a negative and positive effect on stocks. Hence considering hedging one's portfolio is not a bad idea.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Afromentalist: 9:32pm On May 19, 2023
Ades1:

I don't understand.

Where did he insult you? If anyone, you are the one being disrespectful to him. And indeed he clearly addressed the incorrect premise of your posts with facts and figures.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 9:50pm On May 19, 2023
Meristem has certainly done something with their new app.... Fast and swift!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gamaliel9: 9:59pm On May 19, 2023
ojeysky:
Meristem has certainly done something with their new app.... Fast and swift!

I tell you..... cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 6:19am On May 20, 2023
BabsO2:

ACCESS had EPS over the last three years of (2020, 2021 and 2022) of N2.95, N3.56 and N3.57. These numbers makes it not qualify for lowest PE based on todays closing price of N10.20

Since Access has Tier 1 capital issued. Owners of these Tier 1 capital are entitled to profits. And it will be erroneous not to somehow discount for their entitlement when calculating the EPS for access for holders of its stock traded on the NSE. grin

As Mpeace pointed out, kindly double check your numbers...

Also we need to ask why the numbers for 2022 came in that way (Ghana bond wahala). Will that continue this year? Maybe or maybe not. Excluding the Ghana write down, what would 2022 EPs have been? If gahna bonds do not raise their head again this year (hopefully not), how will 2023 EPs look like as compared with 2022 and with current price?

Answers to these questions will help one decide the direction access might be heading to.

What do you mean by tier 1 capital issued? All banks have tier 1 and 2 capital. Do you mind elaborating on what you meant.

1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Emir01: 9:53am On May 20, 2023
What's the MTN share price? How can someone sell it?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:11pm On May 20, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by comatekeke: 12:16pm On May 20, 2023
DrAwo:

As Mpeace pointed out, kindly double check your numbers...

Also we need to ask why the numbers for 2022 came in that way (Ghana bond wahala). Will that continue this year? Maybe or maybe not. Excluding the Ghana write down, what would 2022 EPs have been? If gahna bonds do not raise their head again this year (hopefully not), how will 2023 EPs look like as compared with 2022 and with current price?

Answers to these questions will help one decide the direction access might be heading to.

What do you mean by tier 1 capital issued? All banks have tier 1 and 2 capital. Do you mind elaborating on what you meant.
Where can I get ACCESS HOLDINGS 2022 Annual Report pdf?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 1:15pm On May 20, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by comatekeke: 1:21pm On May 20, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:54pm On May 20, 2023
comatekeke:

seen right?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 4:00pm On May 20, 2023
At the rate that these guyz are buying their bank stocks, does it mean they know something big is coming? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 6:38pm On May 20, 2023
This alert appears to be early in the expected move. Remember that "markets can stay irrational longer than you and I can stay solvent"

We have had a healthy pullback on the index already . Using the simple trend analysis on multi-timeframes , our uptrend is still intact. If you use fibonacci, you'll see where we are and what the market did.

If they drop the index to my 'get out' number, I will be out of the market. Until then, we ride the momentum.

Macros might not support the bullish stand but let us trade the charts. The bulls have momentum.

It would appear that a lot of scenarios have been priced in, maybe even fully but I don't know that for a fact.

RabbiDoracle:

See you in January 2024.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 1:55am On May 21, 2023
I'm not advertising, but reach out to me if you need dollar payments (school fees, SEVIS, purchases, etc.) in the USA in exchange for naira lodgement in a Nigerian bank.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 4:42am On May 21, 2023
presiade:
I'm not advertising, but reach out to me if you need dollar payments (school fees, SEVIS, purchases, etc.) in the USA in exchange for naira lodgement in a Nigerian bank.

Do reach me on WhatsApp or put your contact.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 5:01am On May 21, 2023
ojeysky:

Do reach me on WhatsApp or put your contact.
Alright. You may confirm.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 6:25am On May 21, 2023
comatekeke:

https://www.accessbankplc.com/annual-report/Access_2022_AR.pdf

You're welcome

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Pesuzok(m): 2:54pm On May 21, 2023
Neverlosemoney:

Five Years Ago A Loaf Of Bread Was Selling For #50. You Were Given #200 To Purchase 4 Loaf Of Breads To Eat, You Decided To Put The Money Into An Investment Account Yielding 20% Per Annual. After 5 Years Of Compounding, Your #200 Is Now Worth #498 Before You Congratulate Yourself On A Job Well-done. A Loaf Of Bread Is Now Selling For #200, Your #498 Will Buy You Just 2 Loaf of Breads. Yes! You made great return on your investment, you might feel richer but you won't eat richer.

Food for thought

Investing should not be focused on making money but beating or keeping up with inflation or devaluation through any means necessary. I can't help but notice Most people focus on the former. As long they are making money they doing a great job. That is a wrong way of seeing investing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sophy17(m): 7:43pm On May 21, 2023
presiade:

Interested.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 8:48pm On May 21, 2023
moneymanager:
At the rate that these guyz are buying their bank stocks, does it mean they know something big is coming? undecided

More buying undecided

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Pennystockwarri: 9:29pm On May 21, 2023
Good evening. Here's a rundown of what happened in the Nigerian stock market last week and what to expect this week.

https://twitter.com/quansimodo/status/1660369783865462784?t=_vWBYD6bxDresUsIqlsN8Q&s=19

(1) (2) (3) ... (6989) (6990) (6991) (6992) (6993) (6994) (6995) ... (7738) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SetrakusRa(m), yMcy56(f), onegentleguy and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.