Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6998) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10869792 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6995) (6996) (6997) (6998) (6999) (7000) (7001) ... (7747) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GreatEko: 8:29pm On May 24, 2023
aremso:

So what u are telling your newbies is that they should keep buying at any price since you are certain the will hit the roof? You think our NSE operate in isolation? What of if we have global serious bank collapse and we have contagious effects u think those banks price can't tank? Dey play!

For every market tip we drop here, we always advise that people do their own due diligence.

If they carry out their due diligence, invest and their portfolios turn red/green, that’s their business.

So relax bro.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Stan2330(m): 8:31pm On May 24, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Behind every stock, there is a business and market for the product or service of the business, understand the business, competition, market and their corporate strategy so that you can make informed Investment decisions
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:32pm On May 24, 2023
aremso:

Lolllll this advice is to your newbies ooo not for the rugged man on the broad Street.

Information about the business are written in English na.

Knowing so much about a stock and little or nothing about the business behind stock, is the reason why one will be waiting for an external factor like FPI and other before he or she can money from the stock.

I don't wait for FPI before I buy a wonderful business at a wonderful price

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 8:37pm On May 24, 2023
GreatEko:

For every market tip we drop here, we always advise that people do their own due diligence.

If they carry out their own diligence, invest and their portfolios turn red, that’s their business.

So relax bro.

Guy I think everyone is entitled to his/her own opinions. No matter how u see it or view it, those that comes to me on stocks I tell them my perception about any stock and will never tell anyone what is not obtainable. There are some newbies that depends on whatever one tell them they don't bother. I have them and infact one gave me is log in he doesn't have time he will just fund the account and tell me to buy whatever I think is ok and sometimes I tell him I won't buy anything if am not comfortable. In my formative years on NSE brokers were telling me to buy stocks and I was buying since there bulls occasioned by FPIs and I was buying till I bought dead stocks.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 8:40pm On May 24, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Behind every stock, there is a business and market for the product or service of the business, understand the business, competition, market and their corporate strategy so that you can make informed Investment decisions
Sir are you saying the banks and businesses that folded and people lost thr investment did not have this things you mentioned. I lost heavily in oceanic bank,tantalizer,Dunlop, numerous insurance companies etc.The economy and corruption spearhead by the government made them close shop
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:50pm On May 24, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
Sir are you saying the banks and businesses that folded and people lost thr investment did not have this things you mentioned. I lost heavily in oceanic bank,tantalizer,Dunlop, numerous insurance companies etc.The economy and corruption spearhead by the government made them close shop

Did you understand what you quoted at all?

You were advised to understand the business behind the stock, the market position, competition, competitiveness, strategy etc in order to make an informed Investment decisions.

Did you make an informed Investment decision with the stocks you highlighted, or you made a trading decision on a stock whose business and financial fundamentals are shaky.

Fortunately I don't have any of the stock you listed

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 8:51pm On May 24, 2023
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:35pm On May 24, 2023
yMcy56:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Why did you delete your question. Agba will answer you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 10:14pm On May 24, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Did you understand what you quoted at all?

You were advised to understand the business behind the stock, the market position, competition, competitiveness, strategy etc in order to make an informed Investment decisions.

Did you make an informed Investment decision with the stocks you highlighted, or you made a trading decision on a stock whose business and financial fundamentals are shaky.

Fortunately I don't have any of the stock you listed
Nice one my oga.You want to tell me that when I made investment in oceanic bank and Dunlop the business and financial fundamental whr shaky.And the likes of fbn ,oando etc we bought high many moons ago which prices have nose dived too.I guess thr fundamentals too whr shaky when we bought
The ones you are buying now.How do you know the financial fundamentals are perfect since you are not the one preparing thr financial results. The last time I checked, it is still the old external auditors we know around, regulatory bodies and Nigerian that are the ceo of this trusted company.We all work with figures and information they pass on then and now still .The problem to me, is failed economy policy and corruption that stinks to the heavens
On another note how is your wapco doing because I remember you mentioning going for loan to buy then and the price was then above #28
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 10:38pm On May 24, 2023
On another note how is your wapco doing because I remember you mentioning going for loan to buy then and the price was then above #28[/quote]

Fair play please. Nsempa without violence!!
We are learning from the back -ground!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 10:47pm On May 24, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
Nice one my oga.You want to tell me that when I made investment in oceanic bank and Dunlop the business and financial fundamental whr shaky.And the likes of fbn ,oando etc we bought high many moons ago which prices have nose dived too.I guess thr fundamentals too whr shaky when we bought
The ones you are buying now.How do you know the financial fundamentals are perfect since you are not the one preparing thr financial results. The last time I checked, it is still the old external auditors we know around, regulatory bodies and Nigerian that are the ceo of this trusted company.We all work with figures and information they pass on then and now still .The problem to me, is failed economy policy and corruption that stinks to the heavens
On another note how is your wapco doing because I remember you mentioning going for loan to buy then and the price was then above #28

Bad guy. grin grin grin. That right offer at #42.... Don't go and open that line. Let the sleeping dog snore away.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 12:53am On May 25, 2023
aremso:

Lolllll this advice is to your newbies ooo not for the rugged man on the broad Street.

You don’t sound like you’re anti stock market, you’re just anti Nigerian stock market which is fine tbh.

You’re not disputing the facts being presented(such as fundamentals, profits), you’re just anti NAIJA market regardless of how much profits these companies are making.

The funniest thing was when someone asked when you’ll know when foreigners are in the market. Your response cracked me up.

The people you’re arguing with have been in the market for long, they have been through many cycles of foreigners coming and going and they’re still here.

It’s fine if you're waiting for the daily 10% up before investing, some of us got in early and we are ok with however long it takes. We will be collecting nice dividends while we are waiting.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:02am On May 25, 2023
Streetinvestor2:

I still bought more shares of Lafarge yesterday.

A business won't go under overnight, the signs will be there at least for 12 months.

There is a difference between making money from a stock whose business is losing money and fundamentals are shaky, and losing money from a stock whose business is making money and fundamentals are sound.

The first one is a trader's delight while the second one is an investor's delight.

The earlier we know the difference between price and value the better.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 4:09am On May 25, 2023
Ades1:

You don’t sound like you’re anti stock market, you’re just anti Nigerian stock market which is fine tbh.

You’re not disputing the facts being presented(such as fundamentals, profits), you’re just anti NAIJA market regardless of how much profits these companies are making.

The funniest thing was when someone asked when you’ll know when foreigners are in the market. Your response cracked me up.

The people you’re arguing with have been in the market for long, they have been through many cycles of foreigners coming and going and they’re still here.

It’s fine if you're waiting for the daily 10% up before investing, some of us got in early and we are ok with however long it takes. We will be collecting nice dividends while we are waiting.

Oga I never told u am waiting for 10% daily rise, mention where I said so. For what works for you and your strategy. Simple as ABC. Have communicated my message and nothing more.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 4:11am On May 25, 2023
Ades1:

Guy wether it cracked you up or not is none of my business, have communicated the message and I was not even discussing anything with u in the first place
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:19am On May 25, 2023
mendes911:

Bad guy. grin grin grin. That right offer at #42.... Don't go and open that line. Let the sleeping dog snore away.

I have been buying Lafarge for the past 18 years, I have bought the stock about 8 times this year infact I still bought more yesterday.

My average price for the stock is N17, less than N20.

Unilever @ N11, Lafarge @ N9, Nigeria Brewery @ N25, could not remember the price of Nestle, those were the stocks that saved me from the brutal bear market of 2006 to 2008 that crashed most of the the banking, insurance and other penny stocks.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 4:25am On May 25, 2023
Streetinvestor2:

After consolidation under Pro. Soludo the man I like so much, I was thinking all was very perfect and well and Soludo too was assuring everyone that no problem with the banking industry. I was buying intercontinental, I was buying oceanic I was buy bank PHB. The rest is now history. I was buying Oando was seriously mopping until they were bringing out right offer now and then and to me that was a red signal after the right settled in my cscs account I sold all and thank God I did uacn I bought for #54 in those days where is UACN today? Performance of today doesn't guarantee that of future especially in Nigeria. Cadbury of #64 naira where is it today? Unless those manage by white CEO like Nestle and that is the only stock I ever regretted I didn't buy when a family brought it to me via someone close then to buy at #100 when their father died and they needed money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 4:28am On May 25, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

I have been buying Lafarge for the past 18 years, I have bought the stock about 8 times this year infact I still bought more yesterday.

My average price for the stock is N17, less than N20.

Unilever @ N11, Lafarge @ N9, Nigeria Brewery @ N25, could not remember the price of Nestle, those were the stocks that saved me from the brutal bear market of 2006 to 2008 that crashed most of the the banking, insurance and other penny stocks.

This same stock bought for someone at #15
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:57am On May 25, 2023
aremso:

This same stock bought for someone at #15

The same stock bought for N15, I bought for N8 in 2006.

The price you pay for a stock is different from your average price

The first one is a one off thing, the second one is an ongoing thing especially for an investor who buy stocks regularly

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:10am On May 25, 2023
aremso:

After consolidation under Pro. Soludo the man I like so much, I was thinking all was very perfect and well and Soludo too was assuring everyone that no problem with the banking industry. I was buying intercontinental, I was buying oceanic I was buy bank PHB. The rest is now history. I was buying Oando was seriously mopping until they were bringing out right offer now and then and to me that was a red signal after the right settled in my cscs account I sold all and thank God I did uacn I bought for #54 in those days where is UACN today? Performance of today doesn't guarantee that of future especially in Nigeria. Cadbury of #64 naira where is it today? Unless those manage by white CEO like Nestle and that is the only stock I ever regretted I didn't buy when a family brought it to me via someone close then to buy at #100 when their father died and they needed money.

Performance of today does not guarantee tomorrow, that is why monitoring the businesses behind the stocks you have invested in is an ongoing thing and not a one-off thing.

The calibre of the CEO of the business plays a great role in the ability of the business to create long term wealth for investors.

Same on the national level, the entrepreneurial and problem solving ability of the President will play a major for the sustainability of our stock market

We remember how Obasanjo was traveling all over the world, marketing Nigeria to international investors and was able to get debt forgiveness for the country. Unfortunately we are back owing a huge sum of debt with nothing tangible to show for the debts, the debts were used for consumption.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dum20: 5:42am On May 25, 2023
aremso:

When u see 10% rise almost everyday then u know they are around and they do it across board of all perceived good stocks by them. They clear at any price since the purchasing power is super.

Oga, this information is actually wrong.

When you see 10% almost everyday, that means they were already in the market and about to leave the market.

Was there 10%, when FO entered Transcorp? But when he was about to leave it became news.

Was there 10% when Heineken bought more share of NB? In fact alot of people do not know. But when they want to leave, you will see NB at N150

It is about this time they enter the market when there is a level of uncertainty in the eyes or the ordinary investor.
The sophisticated investors know what to look at

Like the saying goes "Be fearful when others are greedy, be greedy when others are fearful"

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:51am On May 25, 2023
aremso:

Guy wether it cracked you up or not is none of my business, have communicated the message and I was not even discussing anything with u in the first place

Lol no vex grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:58am On May 25, 2023
Dum20:

When you see 10% almost everyday, that means they were already in the market and about to leave the market.

Was there 10%, when FO entered Transcorp? But when he was about to leave it became news.

Was there 10% when Heineken bought more share of NB? In fact alot of people do not know. But when they want to leave, you will see NB at N150

It is about this time they enter the market when there is a level of uncertainty in the eyes or the ordinary investor.

Like the saying goes "Be fearful when others are greedy, be greedy when others are fearful"

You are 💯 correct.
Exactly what I know. When you see 10% daily, pack ya load and be ready for japa. FPI are about to leave. They will create the news for FOMO, mass slaughtering and dumping

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 6:06am On May 25, 2023
There is a guy that keeps suppressing the price of dangotesugar whenever it gets to 19.30.why are people so wicked?if you are here,don't try it this time around oo.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:20am On May 25, 2023
naturalflow:
There is a guy that keeps suppressing the price of dangotesugar whenever it gets to 19.30.why are people so wicked?if you are here,don't try it this time around oo.

Are you not happy that you can still buy Dangote Sugar at sub N30.

Here is what an analyst wrote about sugar

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:21am On May 25, 2023
Finally he said this

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:23am On May 25, 2023
It won't be a bad idea to hold on dearly to your Dangote Sugar shares at least for the next 2 years

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:28am On May 25, 2023
Also hold on to your Okomu and Presco shares

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 8:35am On May 25, 2023
Krisuba:

Fair play please. Nsempa without violence!!
We are learning from the back -ground!!
Bro me violence with my chairman. Oga Emma na my top chairman for this thread. On serious note he is the best person to turn to for advice when you really don't want to lose your principal investment in this market. I hope you get my drift.His risk analysis from all angle is top
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 9:17am On May 25, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

I still bought more shares of Lafarge yesterday.

A business won't go under overnight, the signs will be there at least for 12 months.

There is a difference between making money from a stock whose business is losing money and fundamentals are shaky, and losing money from a stock whose business is making money and fundamentals are sound.

The first one is a trader's delight while the second one is an investor's delight.

The earlier we know the difference between price and value the better.

This is a deep truth about the market. Unfortunately, many folks that come here are coming with a mind to be an investor but most of them follow traders advice and they will jump in and out of stock at the slightest change in price without considering value.
Weldone oga Emma.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogbs2020: 10:03am On May 25, 2023
Sell multiverse
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 10:45am On May 25, 2023
Dum20:

Why LEAK the age long secret

(1) (2) (3) ... (6995) (6996) (6997) (6998) (6999) (7000) (7001) ... (7747) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: robobo, BabsO2(m), ndept, MeezPat(f), Streetinvestor2, KayOn1, yeddy99 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.