Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6996) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10889903 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6993) (6994) (6995) (6996) (6997) (6998) (6999) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 9:56pm On May 23, 2023
Frangel:
Terms for the Tier 1 capital ($500million) are actually stated on page 247 of the 2022 Annual reports. Rate now is 9.125%, payable from 7 July 2022. So should have been charged to arrive at the profit for the year.

According to the note on page 247, this tier 1 capital injection qualifies for a fixed annual interest of 9.125% till 2026 after when the instrument can become redeemable at the discretion of ACCESS. First coupon interest payment due 7 Jul 2022 and payment coupon be withheld by Access Bank.

Thus you should be right in the charges (entitlements) for this tier1 capital to be deducted before declaring profit.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 10:19pm On May 23, 2023
Looking at the cashflow also. The amount due from the effective date of payment in July 2022 could account for the increase in cash outflow highlighted in the cashflow statement. That means Access has a high EPS for NSE shareholders at the moment. The only issue worth considering is increased risks to shareholders if any item in the increased loan book of Access goes bad. Though rate of growth of loan book is far far behind rate of growth of cash deposits, which looks prudent.

lagbaja:
I believe it is already charged under the interest expense for the year. The Tier1 loan is $500m (N206B). At the booked rate of 9.12%. The interest will amount to about N18.8B.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 10:43pm On May 23, 2023
Guinness has remained at N70.00 for far too long. Any bright future for it?
Buy, Sell, or Hold?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 6:08am On May 24, 2023
Technically looking at their most recent performance on chart, some stocks are most likely to be on Full Bid today...

CHAMS
TRANSCORP
UNILEVER
FIRST BANK
FTN COCOA
UNIVERSITY PRESS

✍️
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:24am On May 24, 2023
Topson88:
I have mytradebook which i have been using for about 4 years. I want to sell some stocks but cant seem to log in for about 2 weeks. Pls how else can i see my shares?
Mytradebook is working fine.
You may have to contact : customerservice@gtlgroup.com for password reset.

Also check the url to be sure it's mytradebook portal from Comodo Secure you're logging in from.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:28am On May 24, 2023
New Incoming Admin:
- Over 65 countries to be present for the inauguration...
- Tony Blair visited the President Elect, Bola Tinubu at the defence house in Abuja to discuss area of mutual interest...
- More support, economic and investment allies coming from different countries...

France declares economic and investment ties with Nigeria:
https://nairametrics.com/2023/05/24/france-declares-to-continue-fostering-economic-and-investment-ties-with-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 6:54am On May 24, 2023
yMcy56:
New Incoming Admin:
- Over 65 countries to be present for the inauguration...
- Tony Blair visited the President Elect, Bola Tinubu at the defence house in Abuja to discuss area of mutual interest...
- More support, economic and investment allies coming from different countries...

France declares economic and investment ties with Nigeria:
https://nairametrics.com/2023/05/24/france-declares-to-continue-fostering-economic-and-investment-ties-with-nigeria/

Which companies on NGX can help us share in the next phase of corruption? grin

My thoughts on Oando: This case will linger while The cowboys codedly mop up Oando shares through brokers. At the right time, heavy crossings will be made, shortly after that, Oando will agree to pay more than N7.07 knowing they are not going to spend so much again to get the remaining units from the stubborn holders... grin
Just hearing the adjournment date go weak some weak hands, causing dem to do exactly what Oando figures out they will do... grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 9:32am On May 24, 2023
DeRuggedProf:

My thoughts on Oando: This case will linger while The cowboys codedly mop up Oando shares through brokers. At the right time, heavy crossings will be made, shortly after that, Oando will agree to pay more than N7.07 knowing they are not going to spend so much again to get the remaining units from the stubborn holders... grin
Just hearing the adjournment date go weak some weak hands, causing dem to do exactly what Oando figures out they will do... grin
October has been fixed, I'll just be observing that stock with one eye
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 9:51am On May 24, 2023
NSE INDEX Update:

An increase in volume of 4b between March(6b) and April(10b). The market has witnessed -1.7% and -4.47% respectively. Currently 9.4billion in May with 0.42% change.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:54am On May 24, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
The way some go jump out from widow and escape through roof when Fbn announced thr traditional 50kobo dividend. Na serious oso abiola go happen...
April 13 posts....
onegentleguy:
Remember what happened with FBNH btw Sir FO, the folks @ LEADWAY INS and Sir Oba Otude**
The bidding war actually helped propel the price... because everyone wanted to ... wink cheesy cool
They may not even be done with FBNH yet..
yMcy56:
Doesn't look like they're done yet from the look of things too.
Odukale's % is still very close to Otedola's.
Lots of coded accumulations were witnessed after the noise.
We'll see how this pans out eventually. smiley
Oga, e be say you never enter Customs Street when 2 elephants were fighting for control of FBNH.... smiley

It's not only Dividend news that's driving FIrst Bank lately...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 10:49am On May 24, 2023
Mpeace:
Total energies is ready to move but not enough units.
What is our take on Total Energies ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 10:52am On May 24, 2023
DeRuggedProf:

We are on the same page.They will definitely pay two figures at the end.It is the next corruption in the market
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:00am On May 24, 2023
ACCESS/UBA:
Looks like they are showing strength early today.....
*ACCESS moving gradually...

GTCO/ZEE: The buyers arriving Customs Street?
Erasing early loss slowly.....
GT.....21M units done and counting........ZEE 23M+
Heavy buyers doesn't seems to be on queue...just picking from the background...

UNILEVER: Sighted @15.90 earlier......Up with +N1.20

TOTAL/NESTLE: In early upward mvmt...... receiving quite some àttentions...

*Just observation*

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:25am On May 24, 2023
sterlingD:

What is our take on Total Energies ?
Wow. It might move today. There is enough units to move it
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 11:42am On May 24, 2023
yMcy56:
ACCESS/UBA:
Looks like they are showing strength early today.....
*ACCESS moving gradually...

GTCO/ZEE: The buyers arriving Customs Street?
Erasing early loss slowly.....
GT.....21M units done and counting........ZEE 23M+
Heavy buyers doesn't seems to be on queue...just picking from the background...

UNILEVER: Sighted @15.90 earlier......Up with +N1.20

TOTAL/NESTLE: In early upward mvmt...... receiving quite some àttentions...

*Just observation*

well done mcy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 11:50am On May 24, 2023
Access bank dividend received.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:56am On May 24, 2023
leparj:
Mine just landed too.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 11:59am On May 24, 2023
leparj:
Mine too has landed. Veritas come see your mate undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 12:09pm On May 24, 2023
Seplat
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bbbwings: 12:14pm On May 24, 2023
leparj:
Didn't even fill mandate form
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 12:19pm On May 24, 2023
leparj:

AGM still ongoing. I guess shareholders approved the dividend payment already
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 12:20pm On May 24, 2023
Pls when should we be expecting presco annually result. I want to sell that one too
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 12:22pm On May 24, 2023
Dividend money at work grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 12:22pm On May 24, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
Pls when should we be expecting presco annually result. I want to sell that one too

No idea oh. Still waiting
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:23pm On May 24, 2023
ACCESS
Papa don Waka reach KM 11 las las.....
No be small thing.... smiley

UBA too....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 12:29pm On May 24, 2023
yMcy56:
ACCESS

11.25 now
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 12:36pm On May 24, 2023
yMcy56:
ACCESS
dividend reinvestment

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 12:41pm On May 24, 2023
Bbbwings:

Didn't even fill mandate form

That is the ultimate destination market operators and regulators are working towards, with the KYC request as directed by SEC which started about two years ago for existing shareholders. The aim is such that at the point of purchase of any company's shares, your details go straight to the registrars, and dividend collection becomes seamless.
Some operators like Coronation have implemented it.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 12:43pm On May 24, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
From their letter this month end so let us wait and see from now till 31st of this month if they will keep to their word this time around.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 12:53pm On May 24, 2023
Streetinvestor2:

Today or tomorrow, they said
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 1:44pm On May 24, 2023
Keep buying ooo zenit going to 55, Gtb 80 uba 45 access 50 fbn 45 grin grin grin grin.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 1:54pm On May 24, 2023
Abeg where is fbnh results?
I hope they can give us at least N1.00.
I need it to sign off my divendend calendar.
Then till interim dividend season.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6993) (6994) (6995) (6996) (6997) (6998) (6999) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: stronglink, Mfunkynation(m), Curiouscity(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.