Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,142 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7010) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10831887 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7007) (7008) (7009) (7010) (7011) (7012) (7013) ... (7732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ladasha: 4:12pm On May 29, 2023
Experts in the house, please what would be the likely impact of President Tinubu's speech;

“The central bank must work towards a unified exchange rate…they should direct the fund from arbitrage to meaningful investment”

“Interest rates need to come down, currently too high, anti-people, anti-business, we have to work on all of those”

1. How will a unified exchange rate impact USD/NGN?
2. Is it wise to hold cash in NGN and watch events unfold?
3. How will the President statements affect NGX and stock prices?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 4:21pm On May 29, 2023
With removal of FUEL SUBSIDY let's EXPECT the much anticipated ORACLE 10% 10€%

A repeat of 2006/2007 is staring at us.

UP JAGABAN!

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!

*The OcToPuS*

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by toyeoye(m): 4:37pm On May 29, 2023
PETERiCHY:
With removal of FUEL SUBSIDY let's EXPECT the much anticipated ORACLE 10% 10€%

A repeat of 2006/2007 is staring at us.

UP JAGABAN!

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!

*The OcToPuS*

You speak in parables sir, please expand for newcomers like myself.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 4:49pm On May 29, 2023
My fellow Daar come shell holders. What am I just hearing.
Very very unfortunate. Our chairman has passed on. This life
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 4:59pm On May 29, 2023
toyeoye:

You speak in parables sir, please expand for newcomers like myself.

With removal of petrol subsidy market.
Its now a SURE BET that MARKET will reprice and rise like never before.

It will be very swift starting from tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 5:00pm On May 29, 2023
Mpeace:
My fellow Daar come shell holders. What am I just hearing.
Very very unfortunate. Our chairman has passed on. This life

https://punchng-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/punchng.com/breaking-ait-chairman-raymond-dokpesi-dies-in-abuja/?amp=&amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQIUAKwASCAAgM%3D#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=16853759656786&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fpunchng.com%2Fbreaking-ait-chairman-raymond-dokpesi-dies-in-abuja%2F
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 5:03pm On May 29, 2023
Ladasha:
Experts in the house, please what would be the likely impact of President Tinubu's speech;

“The central bank must work towards a unified exchange rate…they should direct the fund from arbitrage to meaningful investment”

“Interest rates need to come down, currently too high, anti-people, anti-business, we have to work on all of those”

Straightforward answers;

On 1, Positive for the Naira and Naira-backed assets.
How?
• All mkt players will now have a near equal access to the currency at a presumed fair rate which should drive more acceptability, create less volatility (less margin for arbitrage), hence better exchange pricing over time.

• A fair playing field for export, hence improved FX flow as the govt will no longer indirectly subsidize imports.

• Increase in diaspora remittances, FPI/FDI inflow given that a convergence will create exchange rate clarity and boost the much needed mkt confidence.

It's imperative to state that this policy alone can not achieve a hit-off-kind-of desired result in isolation.
For an all-touching impact, several key policy decisions will need to be proficiently implemented and effectively managed accross the fiscal and monetary end of the economy as a collective.

2) A RIGHT BLEND of asset mix is advised until we can see how effective a policy implementation it is.
However holding a higher portfolio weighting in Naira-backed assets should be a logical thing to do NOW and in the near term.
I'll advise a 60-70% position in Naira backed securities, and 15-20% each in FX-related assets and real estate.

3) Absolutely positive for the NGX and I think the reason should already be taken for granted at this time.
That said, it's important to also permute from the fitting names/coys with high value accretive stance and which are well positioned to reap from the take-off of these policies.
...we already highlighted a select few of them here!

It is well

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 5:33pm On May 29, 2023
Ladasha:

A sustainable fall in interest rate will drive cash towards the stock market. Such could spark off a repeat of the 2007/2008 crazy bull which saw very dry and fossilized bones ressurect on the floor of NSE.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:48pm On May 29, 2023
Deadlytruth:

A sustainable fall in interest rate will drive cash towards the stock market. Such could spark off a repeat of the 2007/2008 crazy bull which saw very dry and fossilized bones ressurect on the floor of NSE.

Good luck to those who have been quietly taking positions in the last 4 weeks.

Stocks will definitely be repriced northward

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:49pm On May 29, 2023
Those who have not taken positions still have ample opportunities to do so, before it is too late
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:56pm On May 29, 2023
Can we have a guess on what the All Share Index will close on the 31st of December 2023.

I think 65,000 is very possible
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 6:11pm On May 29, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Good luck to those who have been quietly taking positions in the last 4 weeks.

Stocks will definitely be repriced northward

Amen.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 6:17pm On May 29, 2023
onegentleguy:
My inference from Pres. Tinubu's inaugural speech.
...what to expectation from his administration;

1. Birth of a unified exchange rate aimed at redirecting/channelling excess arbitrage gains from different multiple window rate into real sector driven investments.

2. Policy mechanisms targeted at reducing interest rate to curb the pressure on cost-push inflation, improve purchasing power (<<PPP) and supplement the collective objective as highlighted in item 1 above.

3. Possible review of the currency swap deal by the previous administration.

I have a slight concern here but will prefer to wait to see how they intend to go about it.
Am guessing the concern should be around the lack of pragmatic impact on the greater No of Nigerians particularly the unbanked and it's attendant impact on Naira-backed assets.

4. Removal of petroleum subsidy with allocated/entitled resources directed towards investment in key sectors of the economy.

Long overdue! However, I expect this to further put pressure on cost and exacerbate current surrounding risk.
...this is why I think item 3 above is in order. (to absorb some of the pressure following full implemention)
Notwithstanding, a few key decisions will need to be taken at the fiscal end to get this to work.
Whatever happens though, there will surely be short term pains.

5. Planned reforms in the power sector aimed at boosting the accessibility and affordability of electricity via aggressive generation & transmission networks and the decoupling of power at the center by encouraging the development of additional sources of power at State levels.
...I like this!

6. Reforms in the Agricultural sector aimed at increasing production and ensuring long-term food sufficiency through the CEB to regulate pricing & secure/insure the income of farmers/Agric players... creation of Agric hubs to engage value-added processing & improve production... and the exposure of the livestock sector to modern technology to minimize usual bottlenecks & maximize gains.

7. Tactful job creation via infrastructural initiatives that are labour-intensive... industries that are labour-driven... and the provision of social welfare related services targeted at the poor & vulnerable in society.

8. Boosting of GDP growth through stringent fiscal policy measures that reduce import dependency and encourage domestic manufacturing as well as budgetary reforms to reduce surrounding risk and stimulate the economy.

Item 4 will pose a challenge towards achieving item 8, but line 1 & 2 can lend a helping hand if proficiently and effectively managed, particularly with the Dangote Refinery billed to begin production in a few months.

Are these great plans? Yes
Do I believe they're achievable? Absolutely! But if it will surely come with many thorns & pains in between.

The problem is that with Nigeria, "belief" and expectations often tend to be synonymous to dissatisfaction and disappointment.
Talk is cheap! is unfortunately a very familiar term when describing our leaders.
I sincerely hope it won't be business as usual!

Well, we know for now that Nigeria a "portfolio county" so I'd prefer to focus on what's in all this for me?
Likely sector winners from this speech...

• DBMs... already highlighted the names we like here.
• Coys in the oil & gas space... ARDOVA, OANDO, SEPLAT.
• Coys in the health sector.
• Coys in the Brewery sector... also highlighted the names we like here.
• Some select names in the Insurance sector. (I see a connection)
Elsewhere, UNILEVER, DANGOTE SUGAR, TRANSCORP, UPDC, CHAMS, LIVESTOCK FEEDS, NAHCO, RED STAR EXPRESS...

CAVEAT: NOT an investment advice. ...the need for due diligence should still take higher precedence ahead of this post.
Bookmarked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 6:17pm On May 29, 2023
With the great speech and clear roadmap provided by PBAT today, the stock market will respond to it in a bullish way.

Time for the dead bones to rise again.... grin

I wish you all a green portfolio.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:33pm On May 29, 2023
Remember the MSCI Nigerian index has been on red on average for a decade. I only wonder those who invest in those funds.

Hopefully our new president will add action to words and see our economy take it's long awaited leap

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 6:34pm On May 29, 2023
Hopefully caverton will rise significantly from tomorrow...10% daily will be good

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:41pm On May 29, 2023
Short termers should cash in on the euphoria. The market will not fly to heaven in one month Lol.
But overall, the medium/long-term outlook is bullish

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 6:46pm On May 29, 2023
Spent the day assessing NSE charts -

60+ uptrending.

Plenty to go round. Some are at or near All Time Highs whilst many are just gearing to take off.

Happy Hunting

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:51pm On May 29, 2023
Agbalowomeri:
@Mcy
Custodian moved rapidly from 1ish to 6 over a couple of years. It's currently in a long consolidation. Maybe I will take a look at the stock again. One thing is sure, whenever it decides to move, it will be another fast journey
Oga Agba pls do.......and kindly revert with your findings as well as what the chart is saying.
Thks sir.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:56pm On May 29, 2023
Ajibade123:

do you have any idea when they would be paying there dividend
ACCESS already paid on 24th May.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:03pm On May 29, 2023
phoinix:
Hi Sis, longest o. I am planning to sell my CAP a day before dividend qualification to avoid markdown. I read here about the T+3. Will I still qualify for dividend?
Jagaban don bring you out.....E Ku plenty days o.. wink

* T+3 is talking about cash settlement date...when you sell and wish to withdraw from the amount into your bank acct...OR, when you plan to buy before qualification date.
* If you sell a day before markdown, you WON'T qualify for Dividend.
* To qualify for Dividend, you have to sell after final qualification date.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:07pm On May 29, 2023
thesilentone:
Spent the day assessing NSE charts -
60+ uptrending.
Plenty to go round. Some are at or near All Time Highs whilst many are just gearing to take off.
Happy Hunting
Can you assist with list of some of those gearing up?
Thanks for your good works here.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 7:36pm On May 29, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
FSDH accepts shares as collateral but you must by shares with the loan.

Meristem Finance a subsidiary of Meristem Securities accept shares as collateral, you can buy shares or use the fund for business / personal use

Orange One Finance a subsidiary Investment One Stockbrokers accept shares as collateral, which you can use to buy shares or also use for business/personal use.

UC Plus Advance limited a subsidiary of United Capital accepts FGN bonds and United Capital mutual funds as collateral. You can use the loan for business or personal use
What's their least account opening fund?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FoolishBoy419: 7:42pm On May 29, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
All hell has been let loose.The wolves are now in charge .Be ready to be part of the corruption they will be sharing while it last.

Throw some recommendations bro.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 7:45pm On May 29, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
Can we have a guess on what the All Share Index will close on the 31st of December 2023.

I think 65,000 is very possible
It will do 200,000,lol.What has changed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 29, 2023
Everything will fly including Daarcom.This is not a time of monkey hunting or stock recommendations.
Just have a decision of where to put your money and invest.
Loco is in for stocks that is capable of delivering 200-300% in the first 100 days of Jagaban in office.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:10pm On May 29, 2023
locodemy:
Everything will fly including Daarcom.This is not a time of monkey hunting or stock recommendations.
Just have a decision of where to put your money and invest.
Loco is in for stocks that is capable of delivering 200-300% in the first 100 days of Jagaban in office.
Lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 8:11pm On May 29, 2023
The usual suspects are ALL on the table but here are some of the 'not so usual suspects' - Charts to follow:

UACN - 11.45 - next target
LIVESTOCK - 1.62 Next target
RTBRISCOE - 0.54 Next target
LASACO - 1.66 Next target
NB - 46/48 Next target
JBERGER 35 Next target
FLOURMILL 34 Next target
CAP 23.90 Next target

As you know, these prices are not absolutes.

yMcy56:

Can you assist with list of some of those gearing up?
Thanks for your good works here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 8:21pm On May 29, 2023
@Mcy56
CAP
FLOURMILL
JBERGER
LASACO

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 8:27pm On May 29, 2023
@Mcy56

LIVESTOCK
NB
UACN
RTBRISCOE

The usual FUGAZ, WAPCO, VITAFOAM, FCMB, FIDELITY, CONOIL, TOTAL, CAVERTON, BANKS generally including Microfinance are all on the rise

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:35pm On May 29, 2023
veecovee:

What's their least account opening fund?

N10,000.

Least loan from United Capital is 100k

Least loan from Orange One Finance is 500k

Least loan from Meristem and FSDH is N1 million

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 8:36pm On May 29, 2023
thesilentone:
The usual suspects are ALL on the table but here are some of the 'not so usual suspects' - Charts to follow:

UACN - 11.45 - next target
LIVESTOCK - 1.62 Next target
RTBRISCOE - 0.54 Next target
LASACO - 1.66 Next target
NB - 46/48 Next target
JBERGER 35 Next target
FLOURMILL 34 Next target
CAP 23.90 Next target

As you know, these prices are not absolutes.

This is too moderate for this new era.Pls don't discourage newbies that are been led to slaughter house .Just joking oh,I no sabi TA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7007) (7008) (7009) (7010) (7011) (7012) (7013) ... (7732) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dangle, KayOn1 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.