Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7019) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10906140 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7016) (7017) (7018) (7019) (7020) (7021) (7022) ... (7759) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:50pm On May 31, 2023
As predicted, market closed flat

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:58pm On May 31, 2023
Over N15 billion was spent in the market today
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 3:03pm On May 31, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
Over N15 billion was spent in the market today
...and half of that on Geregu? 🤔

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:11pm On May 31, 2023
Zagee:

...and half of that on Geregu? 🤔

N4.9 billion was spent on banking stocks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 3:11pm On May 31, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Everyone is right, stocks on NGX are dirt cheap and most stocks can still do 25% in order to get to their intrinsic value.

Market sentiments, interest rates, happenings in global economy can still make stocks on NGX to lose

But on the long run market logic will always overtake market sentiment.

In the market, we have price and we have value. Ability to identify difference between price and value, and then use it to ones benefits is the key to a long term success in the stock market.

Surprised, those who sold GTB at N20 are now ready to buy at N30. No be juju be dat

Compared to the US and perhaps some other international economies stocks are over priced. Where prices are way ahead of value.

In Nigeria many stock prices are below value. Many stocks have been growing in value but not in price. It appears some local investors are not paying attention this.

Apart from the issue of price and value. EM's like Nigeria are growth areas compared to DM's.

Mixing all three issues of price, value and growth. There is an attraction for global fund managers to move some funds from over priced assets in the DM's to select EM's that currently have under priced assets. Especially where government policies are favorable. Hence there is a possibility that as assets re-price correctly downwards in the US, NSE will re-price correctly upwards towards fair values. To the extent in which this new government is rated. So how our new president moves in the next couple of weeks and months can prevent the global US asset meltdown from impacting NSE negatively. However banks with unduly large amounts of global assets may still be negatively impacted.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 3:18pm On May 31, 2023
yMcy56:

Thanks for sounding those warnings but just try and talk in plain terms that we night school students can understand. smiley

Those buying huge volumes in market now are not really retailers, we don't know what they've seen or what Their mission is.

Whatever is ahead, we pray God see us through.

Perhaps FPI are taking positions. In a couple of weeks, NGX will tell us the split in FPI and LPI
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 3:21pm On May 31, 2023
Lion123:

Thanks. Sold all my ACCESS yesterday and looking to get back in, but hoping for lower prices.

Will remind you when ACCESS hit #20.

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 3:35pm On May 31, 2023
PETERiCHY:

I already got back in at between 11.75 and 11.90 and got back my old position. I have made my brokers a lot of money between yesterday and today, but took a tiny profit that will pay for suya.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 3:41pm On May 31, 2023
Your brokers will be grateful for your generosity.

Lion123:

I already got back in at between 11.75 and 11.90 and got back my old position. I have made my brokers a lot of money between yesterday and today, but took a tiny profit that will pay for suya.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 3:59pm On May 31, 2023
thesilentone:
Your brokers will be grateful for your generosity.

🤣

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by toyeoye(m): 4:08pm On May 31, 2023
Reality of increase in price for goods and services due to the adjusted petrol prices should mean that a lot of people would prefer to hold cash and exit the market?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 4:12pm On May 31, 2023
toyeoye:
Reality of increase in price for goods and services due to the adjusted petrol prices should mean that a lot of people would prefer to hold cash and exit the market?
As far as coys are givin us fantastic results.... back to back....Stk market remains the best place to to be....

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 4:15pm On May 31, 2023
@Agba How is that MTNN cup and handle looking?

grin grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 4:15pm On May 31, 2023
BabsO2:

So how our new president moves in the next couple of weeks and months can prevent the global US asset meltdown from impacting NSE negatively. However banks with unduly large amounts of global assets may still be negatively impacted.

Well said.

But all right policies are expected
to De-value the naira.

Nigeria is in one big maze over the next 12 months. And I see only the financial markets winning. Sadly, that's not all what constitute the Nigerian economy 😢

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 4:16pm On May 31, 2023
thesilentone:
MTNN is an obvious cup and handle on the weekly.

Do with this information what you will.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by handsomebolanle: 4:18pm On May 31, 2023
yMcy56:

They are responding to emails.
Only that I can't drop a staff's mobile here.
Try and put yemisio@morgancapitalgroup.com in copy.

Yemisi did.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 4:22pm On May 31, 2023
Ades1:

These doom and gloom people too funny! Everybody's portfolio gained 4,5,6,7,8,9% yesterday, but the sky is falling today because we are down 2% or less?

Make we dey look
They're waiting on the sidelines just to tell you ''I told you so'' cheesy. Well, wetin I know sef? Make I jejely go deposit my UPDCREIT dividend inside my trading account as we resume buying spree tomorrow.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:23pm On May 31, 2023
toyeoye:

Such people have less than 10% of the fund in the market

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 4:29pm On May 31, 2023
NNPC Limited wishes to inform our esteemed customers that we have adjusted our pump prices of PMS across our retail outlets, in line with current market realities.

As we strive to provide you with the quality service for which we are known, it is pertinent to note that prices will continue to fluctuate to reflect market dynamics.

We assure you that NNPC Limited is committed to ensuring a ceaseless supply of products.

The company sincerely regrets any inconvenience this development may have caused.

We greatly appreciate your continued patronage, support, and understanding during this time of change and growth.

Garba Deen Muhammad
Chief Corporate Communications Officer
NNPC Ltd.
Abuja

With all this realities on ground someone is still waiting for market crash tongue

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 4:32pm On May 31, 2023
I've always liked your takes since the days of the 'other' thread.

Meanwhile, the illiquidity of UPDCREIT is the only reason I don't have significant volumes in my portfolio.

It's in my buy zone right now.

seyisanya:
They're waiting on the sidelines just to tell you ''I told you so'' cheesy. Well, wetin I know sef? Make I jejely go deposit my UPDCREIT dividend inside my trading account as we resume buying spree tomorrow.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:41pm On May 31, 2023
thesilentone:
I've always liked your takes since the days of the 'other' thread.

Meanwhile, the illiquidity of UPDCREIT is the only reason I don't have significant volumes in my portfolio.

It's in my buy zone right now.

Not liquid, but gives predictable dividends twice in a year.

The Architect who introduced UPDC REIT stock to me 5 years ago, will go home with a dividend of N3.2 million today. Not too bad for an illiquid stock

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 5:00pm On May 31, 2023
Not bad at all.

The predictability of payment is good if treated like a coupon or for long term folks.

This could be a 'Set and Forget' part of a portfolio.

Div yield of 10%+ - not bad

Some of us like 'action' though in place of patience plays.

emmanuelewumi:

The Architect who introduced UPDC REIT stock to me 5 years ago, will go home with a dividend of N3.2 million today. Not too bad for an illiquid stock

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by X21: 5:13pm On May 31, 2023
Almost all stock in this market have negative real yield when when their respective dividend yield is adjusted for 23% inflation.
can we still say they are under valued considering this our peculiar inflation that growing month on month

one can submit that at the short run dividend investors are loosing value.

emmanuelewumi:

Be careful, on what basis. I have the following intrinsic values using 5 years average EPS and 5 years average return on equity and then making provision for margin of safety

GTB 45
Zenith 42
Access 24
Uba 20
Fidelity 11
FCMB 9
MTN 320
FMN 43
Sterling 7
DSR 42
Nascon 21
Nestle 1500
Dang cement 330

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 5:19pm On May 31, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

I like how this bros always brings numbers to the argument!!!

I can picture him saying argue with ₦3.2 Million Naira and leave me alone 😂😂😂😂😂😂

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:29pm On May 31, 2023
Ades1:

I like how this bros always brings numbers to the argument!!!

I can picture him saying argue with ₦3.2 Million Naira and leave me alone 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Considering the fact that he would earn another N3.2 million or above in another 6 months time as interim dividend.

He did some jobs for the parent company and used his profit to buy shares of UPDC REIT
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:32pm On May 31, 2023
X21:

Almost all stock in this market have negative real yield when when their respective dividend yield is adjusted for 23% inflation.
can we still say they are under valued considering this our peculiar inflation that growing month on month

one can submit that at the short run dividend investors are loosing value.

Consider businesses with dividend growth.

700k dividend from Zenith Bank in 2006 is over N3 million in 2022
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:36pm On May 31, 2023
thesilentone:
Not bad at all.

The predictability of payment is good if treated like a coupon or for long term folks.

This could be a 'Set and Forget' part of a portfolio.

Div yield of 10%+ - not bad

Some of us like 'actioen' though in place of patience plays.

Some prefer to do dangerous play or JIJO with the predictable dividends from their investments, if they lose money they are sure of getting another fund to play with in another 6 months to 12 months

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:49pm On May 31, 2023
thesilentone:
@Agba How is that MTNN cup and handle looking?

grin grin

Hopefully it's time to chase Airtel
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 5:56pm On May 31, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Considering the fact that he would earn another N3.2 million or above in another 6 months time as interim dividend.

He did some jobs for the parent company and used his profit to buy shares of UPDC REIT

₦6.4 million per annum for being a lazy Nigerian youth 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. Sign me up for this all day, everyday

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:11pm On May 31, 2023
Ades1:

₦6.4 million per annum for being a lazy Nigerian youth 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. Sign me up for this all day, everyday

Most artisans and professionals in the construction and building industry prefer buying a property with the profit they make from a major contract, because they don't know when the next contract will come.

I guess all the properties he wanted to buy were damn too expensive, but was lucky he got to know that it was possible for him to make a predictable passive income from a REIT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 6:15pm On May 31, 2023
PETERiCHY:

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7016) (7017) (7018) (7019) (7020) (7021) (7022) ... (7759) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: unite4real, Adinije(f), ojeysky(m), Kwibaba(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.