Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7016) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10836864 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7013) (7014) (7015) (7016) (7017) (7018) (7019) ... (7736) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:04am On May 31, 2023
locodemy:

I discovered some didn't have up to 5m transactions yesterday but fall on the 10 10% category.Such stocks will go far if the bull continues.When Ftn cocoa started, it was doing below 5m daily transactions but on full bids.It has done 200% already and still counting.More are towing same footsteps

Liquidity of a stock is different from capital appreciation of a stock.

It is the liquidity that determines the acceptability of a stock as a collateral security.

I only advise that one should not put substantial funds into illiquid stock.

The N5 million i quoted for yesterday's transaction was because of the volume of funds that entered the market yesterday,

Ideally any stock that does less than an average of N20 million worth of transaction per week for at least 80% of trading days in the last 52 weeks is illiquid.

Pray you don't get stucked in an illiquid stock.

The stock can be in the market for months and years without an offer

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 3:53am On May 31, 2023
locodemy:

I discovered some didn't have up to 5m transactions yesterday but fall on the 10 10% category.Such stocks will go far if the bull continues.When Ftn cocoa started, it was doing below 5m daily transactions but on full bids.It has done 200% already and still counting.More are towing same footsteps

Total transaction on FTN Cocoa this month is N23million. For one doing small few thousands trading operations fair. But if the operations is millions naira worth, not much can be made, rather one risk getting stuck at time of exit. I have FTNCOCOA bought a long time back. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:45am On May 31, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Liquidity of a stock is different from capital appreciation of a stock.

It is the liquidity that determines the acceptability of a stock as a collateral security.

I only advise that one should not put substantial funds into illiquid stock.

The N5 million i quoted for yesterday's transaction was because of the volume of funds that entered the market yesterday,

Ideally any stock that does less than an average of N20 million worth of transaction per week for at least 80% of trading days in the last 52 weeks is illiquid.

Pray you don't get stucked in an illiquid stock.

The stock can be in the market for months and years without an offer
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:56am On May 31, 2023
BabsO2:

Total transaction on FTN Cocoa this month is N23million. For one doing small few thousands trading operations fair. But if the operations is millions naira worth, not much can be made, rather one risk getting stuck at time of exit. I have FTNCOCOA bought a long time back. grin

Not bad if one invested some few thousands of Naira.

N80 million monthly transaction is good enough, at least the investor won't be stucked for too long
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 6:12am On May 31, 2023
onegentleguy:

When you see the price of ETI @ N12+, you'll know the likes of ACCESS and especially UBA are currently given out a BONANZA!
...for a discerning investor, the price they can pay now is quite disproportionate to the VALUE they can get.
Even @ a 40-55% premium to CMP, you can still sleep very well having peace of mind!

@RabbiDoracle, I guess the others were right this time around. No judgement. I too didn’t jump in undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:46am On May 31, 2023
moneymanager:

@RabbiDoracle, I guess the others were right this time around. No judgement. I too didn’t jump in undecided

Everyone is right, stocks on NGX are dirt cheap and most stocks can still do 25% in order to get to their intrinsic value.

Market sentiments, interest rates, happenings in global economy can still make stocks on NGX to lose

But on the long run market logic will always overtake market sentiment.

Iñ the market, we have price and we have value. Ability to identify difference between price and value, and then use it to ones benefits is the key to a long term success in the stock market.

Surprised, those who sold GTB at N20 are now ready to buy at N30. No be juju be dat

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:02am On May 31, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Everyone is right, stocks on NGX are dirt cheap and most stocks can still do 25% in order to get to their intrinsic value.

Market sentiments, interest rates, happenings in global economy can still make stocks on NGX to lose

Iñ the market, we have price and we have value. Ability to identify difference between price and value, and then use it to ones benefits is the key to a long term success in the stock market.

Surprised, those who sold GTB at N20 are now ready to buy at N30. No be juju be dat

Abeg use another example
Make dem push GTB to above 40 biko.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 8:27am On May 31, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

Abeg use another example Make dem push GTB to above 40 biko.
Chai Uncle... You said you need GTB at 30, but now you don adjust your goal post ni.. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by toyeoye(m): 8:29am On May 31, 2023
locodemy:

Can you please share some of the stocks that fall into the category.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 8:30am On May 31, 2023
If you're a newbie in the stock market , always buy shares based on good dividend payment by the company.

If a company has not been paying dividend consistently for the past 10 years, don't buy it.

In the long run,consistent payment of dividend is a sign of a well managed company.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mills55: 8:30am On May 31, 2023
Mfunkynation:

Chai Uncle...
You said you need GTB at 30, but now you don adjust your goal post ni..
grin grin

You remember Oliver Twist? That's the fun of the market. But let's not be carried away.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:40am On May 31, 2023
EDUECO:
If you're a newbie in the stock market , always buy shares based on good dividend payment by the company.

If a company has not been paying dividend consistently for the past 10 years, don't buy it.

In the long run,consistent payment of dividend is a sign of a well managed company.

Dividend growth in the last 5 to 10 years is also important

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 8:45am On May 31, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Dividend growth in the last 5 to 10 years is also important
You're right!
A very good examples are Zenith Bank,GTBank and Fidelity Bank.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:55am On May 31, 2023
The impact of subsidy removal in the stock market.
Imagine buying fuel at #235 on Monday afternoon, by the evening same fuel costs #500.
On Tuesday, there was a sharp rise in stocks.
My take is for this subsidy removal to work for a common man, the stock market where the common man is hopeful need to be on a steady rise for a period of time.
If Tinubu can do this, he is going to be better than Bubu who didn't allow his common citizens to have a breathe of life in his regime.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 8:57am On May 31, 2023
lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:04am On May 31, 2023
ositadima1:

So

Why GTB, when Transcorp can still give another 100% all things being equal.

The highest GTB should be able to give is 50% for it to attain its intrinsic value
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 9:20am On May 31, 2023
Pls hold your stocks ooo
GTB to 79
Zenith 66
Access 59
Uba 50
Fidelity 35
Fcmb 25
MTN 560
Flourmi 75
Sterling bank 25
DSR 75
Nascon 60
Nestle 5,000
Ftn 30
Dangcem 650

I will update later.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 9:22am On May 31, 2023
YoungBuffet:
Pls hold your stocks ooo
GTB to 79
Zenith 66
Access 59
Uba 50
Fidelity 35
Fcmb 25
MTN 560
Flourmi 75
Sterling bank 25
DSR 75
Nascon 60
Nestle 5,000
Ftn 30
Dangcem 650

I will update later.
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 9:29am On May 31, 2023
YoungBuffet:
Pls hold your stocks ooo
GTB to 79
Zenith 66
Access 59
Uba 50
Fidelity 35
Fcmb 25
MTN 560
Flourmi 75
Sterling bank 25
DSR 75
Nascon 60
Nestle 5,000
Ftn 30
Dangcem 650

I will update later.

Jeje with all this projections abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Seunn11: 9:32am On May 31, 2023
YoungBuffet:
Pls hold your stocks ooo
GTB to 79
Zenith 66
Access 59
Uba 50
Fidelity 35
Fcmb 25
MTN 560
Flourmi 75
Sterling bank 25
DSR 75
Nascon 60
Nestle 5,000
Ftn 30
Dangcem 650

I will update later.

🤣🤣🤣
FBNH is conveniently missing on this your list.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 9:33am On May 31, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Because they are greedy and pursuing what is coming back to their door steps, my dad taught me to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy when others are fearful. The fact remains and Mark this with time is still coming down the time it will do is what I can't say. Once I sell a stock whatever it does after I don't look back into it with that have maintain my sanity and protect my capital. From 2006 till date no stock hangs up there for yrs so what are they pursuing? Stock that will come down again wt time? Time to be greedy has gone so am very FEARFUL now

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:33am On May 31, 2023
YoungBuffet:
Pls hold your stocks ooo
GTB to 79
Zenith 66
Access 59
Uba 50
Fidelity 35
Fcmb 25
MTN 560
Flourmi 75
Sterling bank 25
DSR 75
Nascon 60
Nestle 5,000
Ftn 30
Dangcem 650

I will update later.

Be careful, on what basis. I have the following intrinsic values using 5 years average EPS and 5 years average return on equity and then making provision for margin of safety

GTB 45
Zenith 42
Access 24
Uba 20
Fidelity 11
FCMB 9
MTN 320
FMN 43
Sterling 7
DSR 42
Nascon 21
Nestle 1500
Dang cement 330

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 9:35am On May 31, 2023
Seunn11:

🤣🤣🤣
FBNH is conveniently missing on this your list.

Sorry bro FBNH is 55
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 9:36am On May 31, 2023
[quote author=YoungBuffet post=123482253]Pls hold your stocks ooo
GTB to 79
Zenith 66
Access 59
Uba 50
Fidelity 35
Fcmb 25
MTN 560
Flourmi 75
Sterling bank 25
DSR 75
Nascon 60
Nestle 5,000
Ftn 30
Dangcem

Watch out before d BEAR swallows you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 9:36am On May 31, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Be careful, on what basis. I have the following intrinsic values using 5 years average EPS and 5 years average return on equity and then making provision for margin of safety

GTB 45
Zenith 42
Access 24
Uba 20
Fidelity 11
FCMB 9
MTN 320
FMN 43
Sterling 7
DSR 42
Nascon 21
Nestle 1500
Dang cement 330

Bro. Freedom of information ooo let everyone follow their plans and plans their follow.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 9:37am On May 31, 2023
debeey87:

Jeje with all this projections abeg.

But average down is also part of value investing nah, if u miss target then u average down

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 9:41am On May 31, 2023
locodemy:
The impact of subsidy removal in the stock market.
Imagine buying fuel at #235 on Monday afternoon, by the evening same fuel costs #500.
On Tuesday, there was a sharp rise in stocks.
My take is for this subsidy removal to work for a common man, the stock market where the common man is hopeful need to be on a steady rise for a period of time.
If Tinubu can do this, he is going to be better than Bubu who didn't allow his common citizens to have a breathe of life in his regime.

I disagree on this, there will be massive inflation so if u carry your loot from NSE na Ghana u wan go spend am? This will reduce the purchasing power of people any how and NSE participants not excluded.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 9:45am On May 31, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

GTB 45
Zenith 42
Access 24
Uba 20
Fidelity 11
FCMB 9
MTN 320
FMN 43
Sterling 7
DSR 42
Nascon 21
Nestle 1500
Dang cement 330

Newbies are in troubles grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:53am On May 31, 2023
YoungBuffet:
Pls hold your stocks ooo
GTB to 79
Zenith 66
Access 59
Uba 50
Fidelity 35
Fcmb 25
MTN 560
Flourmi 75
Sterling bank 25
DSR 75
Nascon 60
Nestle 5,000
Ftn 30
Dangcem 650

I will update later.
You are perfectly in order. Infact you are to moderate in this figures. If mugu no fall how guy men wan take chop.And you know plenty guy men dey here

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 9:55am On May 31, 2023
YoungBuffet:

Sorry bro FBNH is 55

🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 10:09am On May 31, 2023
Streetinvestor2 grin:
You are perfectly in order. Infact you are to moderate in this figures. If mugu no fall how guy men wan take chop.And you know plenty guy men dey here

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gbengafaro1986: 10:18am On May 31, 2023
Breakfast loading grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7013) (7014) (7015) (7016) (7017) (7018) (7019) ... (7736) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Locotrader(m), megawealth01, ExpertDealer, 222Martins(m), otomatic(m), Zagee, Ginalex(f), dammybrite, Hedgefunds and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.