Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7079) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10953129 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7076) (7077) (7078) (7079) (7080) (7081) (7082) ... (7778) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:21pm On Jun 25, 2023
BullBearMkt:

I hope you don't mind setting up a brokage account in Nigeria and we check it out!
@Emma & any other interested guys can help set the goals and objectives.
grin grin grin grin grin

Thanks, not interested.

I am a one man soldier.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:23pm On Jun 25, 2023
IHelp:

The last time I asked Morgan and CSL (2 years ago), they don't.
Most of my stock is now with Investment One because of this.

Talk to your account officer at CSL, you will be directed to FCMB the parent company
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:30pm On Jun 25, 2023
You need to have an above average knowledge of business valuation for one to know that a stock currently selling at N4 is worth N12 after considering all the variables.

Imagine how long Currentprice was talking about Vitafoam, Nahco etc.

I used leverage on the stocks above after carrying out my due diligence with the knowledge that the intrinsic value will be identified by the market in the next 24 months to 30 months, just that very few people can wait for 24 to 30 months.

In the cause of waiting, the price went down but I still bought more, you need to know what you are doing before having this type of conviction

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 6:31pm On Jun 25, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Thanks, not interested.

I am a one man soldier.
I sincerely apologise Oga Emma.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:33pm On Jun 25, 2023
BullBearMkt:

I sincerely apologise Oga Emma.
grin grin grin grin grin

No need for apologies, that is my nature. Lone ranger
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 6:36pm On Jun 25, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

No need for apologies, that is my nature. Lone ranger
I need to, mentioning you without your consent.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:43pm On Jun 25, 2023
What should we expect from the market in July?

Some believed the market would be bearish in July.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:43pm On Jun 25, 2023
What are the charts showing
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 6:48pm On Jun 25, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
What are the charts showing
July may or may not be bearish. Last week shows that the index is slowing down, this coming week might be a determinant
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:58pm On Jun 25, 2023
BullBearMkt:

July may or may not be bearish. Last week shows that the index is slowing down, this coming week might be a determinant
grin grin grin grin grin

It might close flat

I think there is 55% probability that it will be bullish and 45% probability that it will be bearish

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IHelp: 7:12pm On Jun 25, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Talk to your account officer at CSL, you will be directed to FCMB the parent company

They should be happy am doing business with them.
Since I have other good options, I don't have to stress myself. I have gotten and paid back loan 3times from Investment One since then.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:14pm On Jun 25, 2023
IHelp:

They should be happy am doing business with them.
Since I have other good options, I don't have to stress myself. I have gotten and paid back loan 3times from Investment One since then.

Who processed your application, Olachukwu or Chinwe
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IHelp: 7:21pm On Jun 25, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Who processed your application, Olachukwu or Chinwe

Olachukwu

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 7:24pm On Jun 25, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

It might close flat

I think there is 55% probability that it will be bullish and 45% probability that it will be bearish
...Oga Emma, beta if it's bearish self, more opps!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:27pm On Jun 25, 2023
IHelp:

Olachukwu

Very efficient. One of the reasons why I still have my Investment One account.

I have not bought Stock through them in 2 years but I enjoy their credit facilities.

Just got a loan from them last week which will be used to renovate my business premises and get more furniture

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 7:35pm On Jun 25, 2023
Afromentalist:
I hate technical analysis with passion. To me it looks like well packaged Bullsheet. I am very certain some exceptionally talented people do make serious money with it, but I tend to believe the average Joe shall only lose money especially in the Long run (just like gambling).

I know traders here will disagree and I beg to be corrected but pure technical analysis looks to me nothing more than gambling with complex theories.

I might be wrong though.

grin grin grin

To go from 100k to 25 million is a 250-fold increase. To achieve this, you would need to compound 100% annually for 8 years.

That is greatness! grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:43pm On Jun 25, 2023
ositadima1:

grin grin grin

That is greatness! grin

There must be regular top up to the portfolio, through dollar cost averaging. It works like magic, i have known him for over 10 years on Nairaland

I actually opened my first Stockbroking account with N5000 ( Five Thousand Naira) at Amyn Investment 18th floor Stock Exchange building Lagos.

Prior to opening a stockbroking account, i had bought shares through the primary market

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Afromentalist: 7:55pm On Jun 25, 2023
ositadima1:

grin grin grin

To go from 100k to 25 million is a 250-fold increase. To achieve this, you would need to compound 100% annually for 8 years.

That is greatness! grin
I make weekly contribution to the Portfolio (cost averaging), and I compound monthly through careful Selection of Stocks to have Cashflow each month.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:10pm On Jun 25, 2023
Afromentalist:

I make weekly contribution to the Portfolio (cost averaging), and I compound monthly through careful Selection of Stocks to have Cashflow each month.

Nothing beats the power of consistency. In Investment consistency is better than knowledge.

How long did it take you to achieve this

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 8:23pm On Jun 25, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

There must be regular top up to the portfolio, through dollar cost averaging. It works like magic, i have known him for over 10 years on Nairaland

I actually opened my first Stockbroking account with N5000 ( Five Thousand Naira) at Amyn Investment 18th floor Stock Exchange building Lagos.

Prior to opening a stockbroking account, i had bought shares through the primary market

$25 million shocked

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:25pm On Jun 25, 2023
ositadima1:

$25 million shocked

Naira equivalent, i guess
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Afromentalist: 8:28pm On Jun 25, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Nothing beats the power of consistency. In Investment consistency is better than knowledge.

How long did it take you to achieve this
About 5 years. My average annualized rate is about 9% but compounded monthly. I make weekly contribution of at least 120k but I also put in extraordinary contribution from gifts or unexpected/unused income, or yearlyproceeds from my personal business.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 8:29pm On Jun 25, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Naira equivalent, i guess

Ok,

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Afromentalist: 8:29pm On Jun 25, 2023
ositadima1:

$25 million shocked
No naira 25 Millions. I actually own about 90k in Euros but Some of it I dont count, because I invest on behalf of my wife.

This is excluding Real estate and Private ventures.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 8:33pm On Jun 25, 2023
Afromentalist:

No naira 25 Millions. I actually own about 80k in Euros but Some of it I dont count, because I invest on behalf of my wife.

This is excluding Real estate and Private ventures.

You are doing well. cool

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 9:22pm On Jun 25, 2023
That would mean a trend reversal is likely.

Agbalowomeri:

I would have preferred an inverted hammer in this scenario
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:26pm On Jun 25, 2023
BullBearMkt:
Hello everyone and Happy Sunday!
Is there any news on ARDOVA's acquisition and if it will still be listed/delisted from NSE after acquisition.
Thanks.
grin grin grin grin grin
Here is the latest news.......as of 2nd June, 2023.
* Exit price adjusted up from N17.38 to N17.88.
* Posted this before now as well.

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/38725_ARDOVA_PLC-OUTCOME_OF_COURT_ORDERED_MEETING_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_JUNE_2023.pdf

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 9:41pm On Jun 25, 2023
Most times, when one does not understand a subject matter, it looks like voodoo or like you put it, 'well-packaged bullsh*t.'

Let me correct your opinion, since you asked to be corrected.

A car in the hands of a 5-year old is a huge risk. Same car in the hands of a properly trained adult is not so much of a risk. The risk isn't eliminated just because it is an adult. The risk is reduced due to training.

Technical analysis shows you the 'WHAT' has happened and the likelihood of a repeat because Human beings are involved whilst your self-professed love for Fundamental analysis shows the 'WHY'.

Both forms of analysis requires educated guesses/prediction which you have termed as 'gambling'.

Intrinsic value is calculated using a lot of assumptions which makes asses of everyone, pardon the pun.

Without being the know-it-all-technical-analysis-moniker, I believe it makes sense to consider any 'edge' you can get in the market. Even Oldie Warren continues to use technical analysis, read between the lines in his annual letters. Don't do what they say all the time, watch what they do.

The herd know Buffet, do you know Jim Simons? Do you think Fundamental analysis is the strategy he employs? grin grin

Considering I would prefer to make money than to be right, I won't flog the matter beyond this post.

Afromentalist:
I hate technical analysis with passion. To me it looks like well packaged Bullsheet. I am very certain some exceptionally talented people do make serious money with it, but I tend to believe the average Joe shall only lose money especially in the Long run (just like gambling).

I know traders here will disagree and I beg to be corrected but pure technical analysis looks to me nothing more than gambling with complex theories.

I might be wrong though.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Afromentalist: 10:07pm On Jun 25, 2023
thesilentone:

The herd know Buffet, do you know Jim Simons? Do you think Fundamental analysis is the strategy he employs? grin grin
Hello, thanks for your answer. I actually was not in for a dick contest , hence I appreciate your answer.

Since the Jim Simons topic has already been raised in this place a few times (and I always remained silent) let me use the opportunity to address it.

First off, I never claimed technical analysis is absolutely useless. I said to the average Joe it is actually gambling. To be truly useful TA requires a level of Skill that is very rarely available to retail investor. Heck even Simons was not successful until he formed a group of geniuses around him (himself equally a math genius).

Secondly, one can argue that Simons does not really practices TA as done by majority of speculators. Although the details of his strategy remain proprietary, the core idea is now (through former employees) known: he uses high level arbitrage across asset classes coupled with high leverage. His strategy is said to work up to a net fund of about 100 millions (if my memory serves me right).

Why do you think his fund is closed to investors? Beyond that amount the returns diminish.

If anyone thinks Simons does chart analysis to predict the direction of the stock market, nothing could be further from the Truth. Not to mention that all his trades are computer generated and not humanly analyzed.

Yes, if one has the brain Ressource of Simons and his team, TA is effective, but to the average retail investor looking at Gant Charts and analyzing Waves, it is most likely as effective as random luck.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 10:30pm On Jun 25, 2023
Pattern recognition is quite critical and current technologies has democratised this information. Most times, people agree that some of the events seen in the market is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

If a large enough number of participants believe in an eventual outcome, the odds that the event will take place is almost assured. As market participants, our schools of thought will determine how we play the market.

I don't knock other forms of analysis, I simply take what is useful for my analysis and keep it moving. It is application that matters.

Many a time, Buffet has said that a smaller fund should always beat the S&P500 because you have less restrictions on what opportunities you can take without becoming the 'market' in that company - meaning you move the price in either direction with your transactions.

I believe every skill can be improved upon, else there would be no growth.

As a retail trader, I know my place - I CANNOT move the market BUT I can tailgate the movers and nimble enough to be out of their way when they change their minds.

Either analysis is dependent on OUR TIMEFRAMES - Many people have shorter timeframes than mine, I don't begrudge them. Understanding who the competition is will allow ALL of us win.

Finally, one of the advantages of TA as I see it is TIMING of entries and exits. Other people employ Naira cost averaging - not my style. I don't throw good money at a declining stock - but it works for them. I look for other opportunities.

Afromentalist:

Hello, thanks for your answer. I actually was not in for a dick contest , hence I appreciate your answer.

Since the Jim Simons topic has already been raised in this place a few times (and I always remained silent) let me use the opportunity to address it.

First off, I never claimed technical analysis is absolutely useless. I said to the average Joe it is actually gambling. To be truly useful TA requires a level of Skill that is very rarely available to retail investor. Heck even Simons was not successful until he formed a group of geniuses around him (himself equally a math genius).

Secondly, one can argue that Simons does not really practices TA as done by majority of speculators. Although the details of his strategy remain proprietary, the core idea is now (through former employees) known: he uses high level arbitrage across asset classes coupled with high leverage. His strategy is said to work up to a net fund of about 100 millions (if my memory serves me right).

Why do you think his fund is closed to investors? Beyond that amount the returns diminish.

If anyone thinks Simons does chart analysis to predict the direction of the stock market, nothing could be further from the Truth. Not to mention that all his trades are computer generated and not humanly analyzed.

Yes, if one has the brain Ressource of Simons and his team, TA is effective, but to the average retail investor looking at Gant Charts and analyzing Waves, it is most likely as effective as random luck.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:33pm On Jun 25, 2023
Afromentalist:

I don't agree with you

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 11:02pm On Jun 25, 2023
thesilentone:
Pattern recognition is quite critical and current technologies has democratised this information. Most times, people agree that some of the events seen in the market is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

If a large enough number of participants believe in an eventual outcome, the odds that the event will take place is almost assured. As market participants, our schools of thought will determine how we play the market.

I don't knock other forms of analysis, I simply take what is useful for my analysis and keep it moving. It is application that matters.

Many a time, Buffet has said that a smaller fund should always beat the S&P500 because you have less restrictions on what opportunities you can take without becoming the 'market' in that company - meaning you move the price in either direction with your transactions.

I believe every skill can be improved upon, else there would be no growth.

As a retail trader, I know my place - I CANNOT move the market BUT I can tailgate the movers and nimble enough to be out of their way when they change their minds.

Either analysis is dependent on OUR TIMEFRAMES - Many people have shorter timeframes than mine, I don't begrudge them. Understanding who the competition is will allow ALL of us win.

Finally, one of the advantages of TA as I see it is TIMING of entries and exits. Other people employ Naira cost averaging - not my style. I don't throw good money at a declining stock - but it works for them. I look for other opportunities.

This is the only reason I see TA working because it was able to pull crowd that responded in its direction as you mentioned in your post .All that waves and graphics na just magic, lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (7076) (7077) (7078) (7079) (7080) (7081) (7082) ... (7778) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Cation(m), Emumakpo and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.