Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10942198 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7237) (7238) (7239) (7240) (7241) (7242) (7243) ... (7772) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 11:09am On Sep 06, 2023
Like Ardova, like Oando.

Ardova came up with a buyout offer of N17.38 prior to delisting. Some 'good' news came out and investors (abi speculators) rushed in and bought the shares even at over N20. Ardova went ahead to delist paying N17.88.

Oando wants to delist, offering N7.07. Some 'good' news has come out and investors (abi speculators) are bidding and projecting the price to hit N100 and above. Na wa!

Oando has a negative book value per share of about N10 as at Q4 2021 (unaudited). So the N7.07 is a generous offer by the majority shareholders for a company worth less than zero and the last Audited accounts states reservations as a going concern. Oando will get easy approval for N7.07 or thereabouts.

The litigation was instituted by some minority holders 'begging' to be bought out and it was upheld. The adjournment is to brief the court on progress made.

They could well sell some warehoused shares at over N8, push through the delisting and buy out at N7.07 or something close. They make money on speculators that didn't exit on time.

For the risk-taker, why not speculate on DanFood or other stocks that have not indicated clear exit prices?

Caveat emptor.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 11:13am On Sep 06, 2023
Frangel:
Like Ardova, like Oando.

Ardova came up with a buyout offer of N17.38 prior to delisting. Some 'good' news came out and investors (abi speculators) rushed in and bought the shares even at over N20. Ardova went ahead to delist paying N17.88.

Oando wants to delist, offering N7.07. Some 'good' news has come out
how much the they sell the last public offer
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 11:16am On Sep 06, 2023
yMcy56:
E Ku Market o.

Battle for the soul of OANDO the newest bride in town........ grin

Currently trading @7.35 in market.......
Went as low as 6.80.........now @7.35.....

I hope shareholders can forced the management to pay higher exit price if the price goes much up than CP...... especially since the case is still in court.........that's if the company will eventually delist self.

Think we've talked about this here as well.
10 or 13 naira should be ok

** Caveat: Not to be taking as any form of advice**
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 11:18am On Sep 06, 2023
yMcy56:

Think you made some valid points here.
Shareholders should reject the buyout price at the Court Ordered meeting, then case closed.... smiley

Either the company will be forced to up the buyout price or drop exit and continue to operate as listed company.

Let's be watching the drama sha.......

shareholders can be bribe especially when lot of money is involve
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 11:21am On Sep 06, 2023
Frangel:
Like Ardova, like Oando.

Oando wants to delist, offering N7.07. Some 'good' news has come out

The scenarios are different!

In the case of OANDO, the majority of shareholders will decide at an AGM. Recall that the Management of OANDO did not initiate the buyout process; the buyout was triggered/initiated by some aggrieved shareholders who lost patience due to the protracted issues/battles of OANDO and SEC which affected the share price.
So the Management only obeyed the Court's order to make an offer in response to the buyout option that was instigated by the aggrieved shareholders, but subject to the approval/acceptance of majority of all the shareholders (rather than the majority shareholder).
It is certain that the majority of shareholders will reject the buyout offer at the AGM (most of the deals on the NSE are by informed investors most of whom know the implications).
I will be at the AGM to add my voice to the rejection of the buyout offer!

Look out for OANDO selling at around N150-200 by next year, after the court case!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 11:21am On Sep 06, 2023
Adinije:
What is the implications of having 2 CSCS account please?
i dont think there is any implication
rather you might easily get confuse when quoting them for transcation
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 11:34am On Sep 06, 2023
Redoil:

how much the they sell the last public offer

I don't remember. But AP/FO last offer/rights was over N200, yet buyout was at N17.88. 😁
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 11:35am On Sep 06, 2023
ojesymsym:
Wow... So just buying small shares like that can have a lot of impact in future o.

Even though some of those companies may have actually died the ones that survived were more than enough to make up for those ones..
Yes but it has to be the shares of companies which have immense grown potentials and are in a sector which provides indispensable goods or services, especially when their stock prices are undervalued.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 11:38am On Sep 06, 2023
mikeapollo:

The scenarios are different!

In the case of OANDO, the majority of shareholders will decide at an AGM. Recall that the Management of OANDO did not initiate the buyout process; the buyout was triggered/initiated by some aggrieved shareholders who lost patience due to the protracted issues/battles of OANDO and SEC which affected the share price.
So the Management only obeyed the Court's order to make an offer in response to the buyout option that was instigated by the aggrieved shareholders, but subject to the approval/acceptance of majority of all the shareholders (rather than the majority shareholder).
It is certain that the majority of shareholders will reject the buyout offer at the AGM (most of the deals on the NSE are by informed investors most of whom know the implications).
I will be at the AGM to add my voice to the rejection of the buyout offer!

Look out for OANDO selling at around N150-200 by next year, after the court case!

You think those few shareholders did that on their own?

It's okay with your projections. Time clears everything. I might be wrong.

PS: What you quoted was incomplete. I posted in error.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 11:49am On Sep 06, 2023
Frangel:

You think those few shareholders did that on their own?

It's okay with your projections. Time clears everything. I might be wrong.

PS: What you quoted was incomplete. I posted in error.

I understand your arguments and line of thinking. It makes some sense to be cautious and not over optimistic
But I am a shareholder and did not authorize or ask those investors to seek for a compulsory buyout on my behalf.
Buyouts should be voluntary. That is why the Court ordered that the shareholders must sanction it at the AGM.
I guess the Court was willing to give more time (about 6 months from March when the case was last heard) to see if things could turn around so that the buyout could die naturally, and that seems to have happened now.
The buyout offer price of N7.07 would have made sense and succeeded about 3 months ago when the share price was around N5.00.
But with the current trend and the ENI acquisition, the buyout offer will die naturally!. No shareholder would accept a buyout for him to make losses. If the OANDO Management offers a higher buyout price and raise it to something reasonable, shareholders may then accept it, and the company can delist
I bought a lot of OANDO when the price was around N5, so I have nothing to lose if I received the offer price of N7.07 (but I will reject the offer at the AGM because I need to make more money from future price appreciation, and most shareholders have similar sentiments)

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 12:21pm On Sep 06, 2023
Oil prices all the way up!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 12:28pm On Sep 06, 2023
Dangote Food Tip

Example: Looking for 1,000 DangSugar above N66.80, why not buy 1,091 Nascon @N61.00 or lower.

True if the already published share exchange ratio of 11 for 12 holds.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 12:32pm On Sep 06, 2023
Zagee:
$89.51, no be small thing.
Hopefully oando people go enjoy this one.
I also pray the big boyz in seplat allow us enjoy it too.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ProphetUtuocha: 12:34pm On Sep 06, 2023
Excellent for Oando. For tips, Oando is now a major upstream oil company. Also, folks should note that Oando has not released their 2022 annual result, which many believe will be greatly improved. It's important to note that Oando's divestment from their downstream business, by selling all their fuel stations to NNPC, has not reflected in their published accounts. That in itself is a gamechanger. To me, the future of Oando is very, very bright and all things being equal, there's no reason why Oando will not go beyond #100. Time will tell.

Zagee:

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 12:37pm On Sep 06, 2023
Please any information on Omatek ventures plc? its been doing 10% daily lately.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 12:41pm On Sep 06, 2023
yMcy56:

Let's hope your brother Loco haven't rushed out again without seeing what's pursuing him yet...... lipsrsealed grin

E go don go sha grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 1:00pm On Sep 06, 2023
Frangel:

I don't remember. But AP/FO last offer/rights was over N200, yet buyout was at N17.88. 😁
NSE are full of thieves in suit
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RichEstate(m): 1:06pm On Sep 06, 2023
Postingand analysis of big boys portfolios will motivate and teach us small boys.
It can be recorded for you as a good deed.
emmanuelewumi:

A wise man said, making money is activity based, it requires energy and efforts. That is where 90% of us belong to, that is the making money stage.

Managing money, keeping it and sustaining the money, is behavioural and psychogical

Multiplying money and growing it, is intellectual and also requires wisdom.

No wonder Warren Buffett is a very wise man .

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 1:06pm On Sep 06, 2023
edwardaigb:
Please any information on Omatek ventures plc? its been doing 10% daily lately.

It's just gamble I think
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RichEstate(m): 1:11pm On Sep 06, 2023
Hes one of the good men.
I cant thank Mcy enough for her personal emails to tutor me. Its a privilege.

4tunebest:
I had to log in after my long sabbatical to express my appreciation to you sir for sharing your wealth of experience with us on the Tbills platform (in the past) and on this thread.

I had always been skeptical about the stock market due to its volatility but decided to hold on because I felt if pa Emma is ruggedly into this thing, then it means I can be successful in it if I follow his tips/mindset bumper to bumper, and that was what I did. The rest they say, is history.

Because of your guidance here, even when I was new to investing, I have never made mistakes that will cost me money due to my inexperience. This is because When people present so called investment opportunities to me, I mentally ask myself if pa Emma will invest in something like this and once my answer is 'no', then bye bye to you and your investment opportunity. I'll rather learn from others ' experiences than to learn the hard way.

You kept talking about Dangsugar here recently which made me key in massively at 27 naira. The rest, again, is history grin.

Ese gan ni sir. I can't thank you enough.

Please continue to share your wealth of experience and guidance here. It is the lifeline some of us are holding on to smiley

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 1:21pm On Sep 06, 2023
megawealth01:

It's just gamble I think

God bless and thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 1:53pm On Sep 06, 2023
mikeapollo:

I understand your arguments and line of thinking. It makes some sense to be cautious and not over optimistic
But I am a shareholder and did not authorize or ask those investors to seek for a compulsory buyout on my behalf.
Buyouts should be voluntary. That is why the Court ordered that the shareholders must sanction it at the AGM.
I guess the Court was willing to give more time (about 6 months from March when the case was last heard) to see if things could turn around so that the buyout could die naturally, and that seems to have happened now.
The buyout offer price of N7.07 would have made sense and succeeded about 3 months ago when the share price was around N5.00.
But with the current trend and the ENI acquisition, the buyout offer will die naturally!. No shareholder would accept a buyout for him to make losses. If the OANDO Management offers a higher buyout price and raise it to something reasonable, shareholders may then accept it, and the company can delist
I bought a lot of OANDO when the price was around N5, so I have nothing to lose if I received the offer price of N7.07 (but I will reject the offer at the AGM because I need to make more money from future price appreciation, and most shareholders have similar sentiments)

Minority will have their say, majority will have their way. That's how it works, most times.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 2:01pm On Sep 06, 2023
Frangel:
Like Ardova, like Oando.

Oando wants to delist, offering N7.07. Some 'good' news has come out and investors (abi speculators) are bidding and projecting the price to hit N100 and above. Na wa!

Oando has a negative book value per share of about N10 as at Q4 2021 (unaudited). So the N7.07 is a generous offer by the majority shareholders for a company worth less than zero and the last Audited accounts states reservations as a going concern. Oando will get easy approval for N7.07 or thereabouts.

The litigation was instituted by some minority holders 'begging' to be bought out and it was upheld. The adjournment is to brief the court on progress made.

They could well sell some warehoused shares at over N8, push through the delisting and buy out at N7.07 or something close. They make money on speculators that didn't exit on time.

For the risk-taker, why not speculate on DanFood or other stocks that have not indicated clear exit prices?

Caveat emptor.

It is free market, but there is no need to tell lies or put a spin on matter of general public knowledge!

The Court has ordered that an AGM be held for all the shareholders to decide whether to accept or reject the offer.!
When did the AGM hold and the offer was upheld? Quote the date and venue if you know for sure!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 2:04pm On Sep 06, 2023
mikeapollo:

It is free market, but there is no need to tell lies or put a spin on matter of general public knowledge!

The Court has ordered that an AGM be held for all the shareholders to decide whether to accept or reject the offer.!
When did the AGM hold and the offer was upheld? Quote the date and venue if you know for sure!

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 2:04pm On Sep 06, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

A wise man said, making money is activity based, it requires energy and efforts. That is where 90% of us belong to, that is the making money stage.
Managing money, keeping it and sustaining the money, is behavioural and psychogical
Multiplying money and growing it, is intellectual and also requires wisdom.
No wonder Warren Buffett is a very wise man .

Wise words! I remember you once said this here: "when a man with money meets a man with experience, he gives his money to the one with experience". I'll like to add that when the man with experience meets a man with wisdom, he pours his money and experience into the hands of the one with wisdom.

Thank you for expatiating on the proverb in your follow-up post sir. May we all arrive at the destination we call wealth in good health of mind and body, without losing any essentials of life.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 2:08pm On Sep 06, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Meerahbel: 2:49pm On Sep 06, 2023
4tunebest:
I had to log in after my long sabbatical to express my appreciation to you sir for sharing your wealth of experience with us on the Tbills platform (in the past) and on this thread.

I had always been skeptical about the stock market due to its volatility but decided to hold on because I felt if pa Emma is ruggedly into this thing, then it means I can be successful in it if I follow his tips/mindset bumper to bumper, and that was what I did. The rest they say, is history.

Because of your guidance here, even when I was new to investing, I have never made mistakes that will cost me money due to my inexperience. This is because When people present so called investment opportunities to me, I mentally ask myself if pa Emma will invest in something like this and once my answer is 'no', then bye bye to you and your investment opportunity. I'll rather learn from others ' experiences than to learn the hard way.

You kept talking about Dangsugar here recently which made me key in massively at 27 naira. The rest, again, is history grin.

Ese gan ni sir. I can't thank you enough.

Please continue to share your wealth of experience and guidance here. It is the lifeline some of us are holding on to smiley
True, i must confess, i have learnt a lot as a guest and now a member of this great thread, however, i got 5k dividend at a time i was dead broke, then i understand the importance of investing in stocks.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ojoboak(m): 3:21pm On Sep 06, 2023
Adinije:
What is the implications of having 2 CSCS account please?

You will have to subscribe to the two or more CHN accounts to view status of your holdings through different stockbrokers on CSCS portal. However, if you have on CHN and multiple stockbrokers linked to the one CHN, with one online subscription, you can see statuses of all your stockbroking accounts.
That is my personal experience.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:25pm On Sep 06, 2023
Meerahbel:
True, i must confess, i have learnt a lot as a guest and now a member of this great thread, however, i got 5k dividend at a time i was dead broke, then i understand the importance of investing in stocks.

Wetin go happen, if you come get 500k dividend from a stock. Wey be say na the alert wake you up when you are about getting ready for work.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:28pm On Sep 06, 2023
E get some dividend alerts wey dey make person, restrategize as per working smart and the need to get out of the rate race as soon as possible through careful planning

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebuka1997: 3:31pm On Sep 06, 2023
Asiwaju is here to stay, Oando looks like the place to be

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 3:56pm On Sep 06, 2023
ebuka1997:
Asiwaju is here to stay, Oando looks like the place to be
His anticipated victory should help move Zenith and GTBank to N100 Biko oohh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7237) (7238) (7239) (7240) (7241) (7242) (7243) ... (7772) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: olamydey(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.