Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10907712 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7272) (7273) (7274) (7275) (7276) (7277) (7278) ... (7760) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 5:57pm On Sep 23, 2023
BAMOFIN1:
@Emmansoft, @Customstreet, @Mcy2 Please I already have stock account with Morgan Capital which I have found to be very okay.To diversify I want to open a second stock account with another low fees broker that also allows its clients direct live access to the trading floor, comparable to that of Morgan. My research on this thread pinpointed Stanbic brokers because of its relative low fees but going by the discussion here at page 6967 between BabsO2 and Omoeko to the effect that they monitor their orders to Stanbic through the portal of other stockbrokers, I now hesitate to go with Stanbic. Please which is the stockbroker whose fees is low and at the same gives investors direct access to the market like the Morgan's platform? My need is a broker with low fees (I do jijo) a platform with direct view of current market bids, offers and volume on real time basis. Suggestions are welcomed and I will do my due diligence before choosing. Thanks.

Irrespective of the broker you find with a low fee, you can continue to use your access to MC to monitor trade activities .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 8:06pm On Sep 23, 2023
Copied:

*Summary*
Total Comprehensive Income for UBA as at June 2023 stood at *821.03B* (Page 28 ) while Access Bank was *N556.78B* (Page 4)

UBA total OCI comprises Profit After Tax of 378B + and Other Comprehensive Income of 442.8 making the bulk sum of *N821.03B* while Access has Profit After Tax of 135.4B plus OCI item of 421.3B making total Comprehensive Income of *N556.78B*

Also Access Bank too reported FX gain in the Income Statement but very minimal .
Access Bank reported FX Gain of *192.04B* (page 45) while UBA reported *418.2B*(page 28)

Access Bank Net FX position was minimal due to their huge exposure to Euro Bonds Issuance while UBA was very positive with the highest FX net position the industry as at 31-12-2022

FX gain was reported in Access Bank profit statement as 192B and was considered in arriving at their Profit Before Tax .

In my view , Access Bank result was knocked down due to the high Interest Expense .

Last year Interest Expense for June 2022 was *174.8B* for Access Bank while same Expense head for June 2023 jumped to *383B* representing about *118.8%* negative variance .

Note that the total expenses payment by Access Bank is higher than FX gain .

*UBA*
PBT - N403.6B
PAT -. N378.2
EPS-. N10.96
Total OCI - N821.03
Interim Div - 0.50k

*GTCO*
PBT -. N327.3B
PAT -. N280.4B
EPS- N9.94
Total OCI -. N358.9B
Interim Div -N0.50K

*Zenith Bank Plc*
PBT - N350.3B
PAT -. N291.7B
EPS-. N9.29
Total OCI -. N494.09B
Interim Div- N0.50K

*Access Bank Plc*
PBT -. N167B
PAT -. N135B
EPS- N3.74
Total OCI -. N556.78B
Interim Div - N0.30k

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:24pm On Sep 23, 2023
customstreet:
How to select stocks

Select stocks using a simple 5-step framework:

1️⃣ Universe of ideas

Define your investable universe

2️⃣ Circle of competence

Only invest in what you understand

3️⃣ Financial stability filter

Filter for companies with a healthy balance sheet, high profitability and attractive growth rate

4️⃣ Wide moat

Only keep the companies with a sustainable competitive advantage

5️⃣ Price filter

Select the companies which trade at a cheap or fair price

You want even more?

Here's how I screen for quality stocks:

• Revenue growth > 5%
• Earnings growth > 7%
• FCF / earnings > 80%
• ROIC > 15%
• Net debt / FCFF < 5
• Debt/equity < 80%

• Revenue growth > 5%

Organic growth is the most preferred source of growth.
In the long term, revenue growth is the main driver for stock market returns.

• Earnings growth > 7%

In the end, you want most sales to be translated into earnings.
Why? Because in the long term stock prices always follow the underlying performance of the company.

• FCF/Earnings > 80%

Earnings are an opinion, free cash flow is a fact.

Companies that translate most earnings into free cash flow perform significantly better than companies which don’t.

• ROIC > 15%

For quality investors, Return On Invested Capital (ROIC) is one of the most important financial metrics.

It shows you how efficiently management is allocating capital.

Furthermore, a high and stable ROIC is a great way to look at a company’s competitive advantage.

• Net debt / FCFF < 5

You want to invest in companies which are in good financial shape.

A healthy balance sheet gives a company flexibility and protects them against unforeseen circumstances.

•Debt / Equity < 80%

Too much debt and leverage is never good.

If you’re smart you don’t need it and if you’re dumb you shouldn’t use it.

This beautiful visual was created by Vishal Khandelwal.

Which criteria would you add?

Reference: CHRIS QUINN

Nothing to add jor.

Net debt/EBIT < 3.5

5 years compounded equity growth of 8% and above

The average 5 years growth rate of

Earnings

Revenue or sale

Equity or shareholders fund

Operating Cash Flow

Should be 10% and above

Net Operating Cash Flow must be higher than the profit after tax.

Capex/Sales. 10% or less

Capex/ Net Operating cash flow 20% or less

Free Cash flow margin 10% and above

Earning growth should be at least 50% higher than equity growth. If equity growth is 10%, earning growth should be 15% and above. This will eliminate companies who pay meagre dividends and plough a bigger percentage of their earnings but that didn't produce justified earning and dividend growth.

Free cash flow/Dividend 120% and above

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 8:28pm On Sep 23, 2023
sky2891:
Copied:

*Summary*
Total Comprehensive Income for UBA as at June 2023 stood at *821.03B* (Page 28 ) while Access Bank was *N556.78B* (Page 4)

UBA total OCI comprises Profit After Tax of 378B + and Other Comprehensive Income of 442.8 making the bulk sum of *N821.03B* while Access has Profit After Tax of 135.4B plus OCI item of 421.3B making total Comprehensive Income of *N556.78B*

Also Access Bank too reported FX gain in the Income Statement but very minimal .
Access Bank reported FX Gain of *192.04B* (page 45) while UBA reported *418.2B*(page 28)

Access Bank Net FX position was minimal due to their huge exposure to Euro Bonds Issuance while UBA was very positive with the highest FX net position the industry as at 31-12-2022

FX gain was reported in Access Bank profit statement as 192B and was considered in arriving at their Profit Before Tax .

In my view , Access Bank result was knocked down due to the high Interest Expense .

Last year Interest Expense for June 2022 was *174.8B* for Access Bank while same Expense head for June 2023 jumped to *383B* representing about *118.8%* negative variance .

*UBA*
PBT - N403.6B
PAT -. N378.2
EPS-. N10.96
Total OCI - N821.03
Interim Div - 0.50k

*GTCO*
PBT -. N327.3B
PAT -. N280.4B
EPS- N9.94
Total OCI -. N358.9B
Interim Div -N0.50K

*Zenith Bank Plc*
PBT - N350.3B
PAT -. N291.7B
EPS-. N9.29
Total OCI -. N494.09B
Interim Div- N0.50K

*Access Bank Plc*
PBT -. N167B
PAT -. N135B
EPS- N3.74
Total OCI -. N556.78B
Interim Div - N0.30k
Very nice job you did.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogoo4real: 9:02pm On Sep 23, 2023
[quote author=sky2891 post=125978261]Copied:

*Summary*

*UBA*
PBT - N403.6B
PAT -. N378.2
EPS-. N10.96
Total OCI - N821.03
Interim Div - 0.50k

*GTCO*
PBT -. N327.3B
PAT -. N280.4B
EPS- N9.94
Total OCI -. N358.9B
Interim Div -N0.50K

*Zenith Bank Plc*
PBT - N350.3B
PAT -. N291.7B
EPS-. N9.29
Total OCI -. N494.09B
Interim Div- N0.50K

*Access Bank Plc*
PBT -. N167B
PAT -. N135B
EPS- N3.74
Total OCI -. N556.78B
Interim Div - N0.30k

With these analysis UBA no suppose dey below Access bank at all. Infact it should be trading above #20 bench mark.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Standardguy(m): 10:09pm On Sep 23, 2023
Mpeace:
Unbelievably disappointing result from Access bank if that is trulyvtheir eps. But the result is hard to interpret. It appears they excluded their fx gains in calculating their eps.

Make the accounting gurus interpret this one for us abeg.
I see eps of N3.74

Exactly, they did. The FX gain we see there is the normal FX gain we have been used to seeing. Check the company side of the income statement and you will see that the FX revaluation was taken out. Check out the components that skyrocketed other banks FX income and you will see them missing in Access bank income.

I guess they took advantage of the recent CBN policy on FX revaluation gain and adjusted according. Remember that they shifted their financial report release date as soon as that CBN policy came out.

From my analysis on their income atatement, I can see that they have masked close to a trillion in FX gain.

Look deep to see.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eziokwunwoko(m): 11:03pm On Sep 23, 2023
Good evening Mr customstreet.
Please timeline for completion of dangote Foods listing. Any other information will be appreciated. Reply via valentinenwoko@gmail.com.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GreatEko: 12:08am On Sep 24, 2023
sky2891:
:

UBA
PBT - N403.6B
PAT -. N378.2
EPS-. N10.96
Total OCI - N821.03
Interim Div - 0.50k

GTCO
PBT -. N327.3B
PAT -. N280.4B
EPS- N9.94
Total OCI -. N358.9B
Interim Div -N0.50K

Zenith Bank Plc
PBT - N350.3B
PAT -. N291.7B
EPS-. N9.29
Total OCI -. N494.09B
Interim Div- N0.50K

Access Bank Plc
PBT -. N167B
PAT -. N135B
EPS- N3.74
Total OCI -. N556.78B
Interim Div - N0.30k

1. Impairment charges on financial and non-financial instruments

JuneY2023 JuneY2022
(₦'million) (₦'million)

GTCO (82,962) (3,519)

UBA (153,944) (8,330)

Zenith (207,925) (25,122)

Access ?

2. If you strip out all the FX revaluation gains, which bank did better?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by agbanimu11: 12:31am On Sep 24, 2023
Trancorp half year 2023 financial statements is very impressive Eps 9.73

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by agbanimu11: 12:39am On Sep 24, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 12:41am On Sep 24, 2023
agbanimu11:
Not impressive. That is 9kobo not naira.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Backpedal: 8:18am On Sep 24, 2023
customstreet:
How to select stocks

Select stocks using a simple 5-step framework:

1️⃣ Universe of ideas

Define your investable universe

2️⃣ Circle of competence

Only invest in what you understand

3️⃣ Financial stability filter

Filter for companies with a healthy balance sheet, high profitability and attractive growth rate

4️⃣ Wide moat

Only keep the companies with a sustainable competitive advantage

5️⃣ Price filter

Select the companies which trade at a cheap or fair price

You want even more?

Here's how I screen for quality stocks:

• Revenue growth > 5%
• Earnings growth > 7%
• FCF / earnings > 80%
• ROIC > 15%
• Net debt / FCFF < 5
• Debt/equity < 80%

• Revenue growth > 5%

Organic growth is the most preferred source of growth.
In the long term, revenue growth is the main driver for stock market returns.

• Earnings growth > 7%

In the end, you want most sales to be translated into earnings.
Why? Because in the long term stock prices always follow the underlying performance of the company.

• FCF/Earnings > 80%

Earnings are an opinion, free cash flow is a fact.

Companies that translate most earnings into free cash flow perform significantly better than companies which don’t.

• ROIC > 15%

For quality investors, Return On Invested Capital (ROIC) is one of the most important financial metrics.

It shows you how efficiently management is allocating capital.

Furthermore, a high and stable ROIC is a great way to look at a company’s competitive advantage.

• Net debt / FCFF < 5

You want to invest in companies which are in good financial shape.

A healthy balance sheet gives a company flexibility and protects them against unforeseen circumstances.

•Debt / Equity < 80%

Too much debt and leverage is never good.

If you’re smart you don’t need it and if you’re dumb you shouldn’t use it.

This beautiful visual was created by Vishal Khandelwal.

Which criteria would you add?

Reference: CHRIS QUINN
Correct
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 1:48pm On Sep 24, 2023
The minister highlighted the innovative use of 11-inch-thick concrete roads with 20-millimetre reinforcement, which will support local cement manufacturing, boost steel production from Ajaokuta, and utilize Nigeria’s abundant bitumen resources.

Huge Revenue for the Cement guys

https://nairametrics.com/2023/09/24/fg-awards-lagos-calabar-coastal-highway-to-hitech/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 4:22pm On Sep 24, 2023
This Week on the Value Nigeria podcast, We have a far-reaching conversation with a behemoth in the finance Industry, Alhaji Kasimu Garba kurfi (MD/ CEO, APT Securities Limited.

We discuss his humble origin in Investing, how he and the team built APT into the giant it is today, why blockbusting deals by high networth individuals are done through his firm and how retail investors can Invest profitably. He also goes on to share areas in the market today where opportunities can still be found.

We hope both retail & institutional investors learn a thing or two from the wise words of this industry elder.

Thanks for listening.

https://anchor.fm/value-nigeria/episodes/90--Becoming-an-industry-giant-A-chat-with-Alhaji-Kasimu-Garba-Kurfi-e29mm76

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 5:36pm On Sep 24, 2023
• As OANDO Plc’s litigation hearing nears, (scheduled for October 10, 2023) it can be observed that investors interest is receding, as the stock traded about 60 million units today losing 9.89% in price, to close at NGN11.85.

For me, I still believe that there is nothing Wale Tinubu want to get on this delisting that he can not get. He has hunted the regulators down, more so that one of his own is now in power.

In a nutshell, I believe the delisting would still go ahead. Since most company getting delisted have alternatives trading their shares, I mean NASD. I am 70% sure that the company would be delisted. This is my own personal opinion

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eziokwunwoko(m): 6:04pm On Sep 24, 2023
Good evening sir
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eziokwunwoko(m): 6:06pm On Sep 24, 2023
Good evening sir. Any updates on Dangote Foods plc. @ valentinenwoko@gmail.com.
customstreet:
• As OANDO Plc’s litigation hearing nears, (scheduled for October 10, 2023) it can be observed that investors interest is receding, as the stock traded about 60 million units today losing 9.89% in price, to close at NGN11.85.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 7:08pm On Sep 24, 2023
eziokwunwoko:
Good evening sir. Any updates on Dangote Foods plc. @ valentinenwoko@gmail.com.

I dont have information yet my brother. But third quarter results would give you clue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:29pm On Sep 24, 2023
agbanimu11:
Wasn't Q2 done and dusted?
This result came out since July and it's Q3 we are expecting, which won't be ready until anytime after September.

.....and yes, it was an impressive and improved result.
We expected a much better Q3 result....all things being equal.

The other link you posted also was for 2022 .....any reason for posting outdated result?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chinonsobest: 9:12pm On Sep 24, 2023
customstreet:

For me, I still believe that there is nothing Wale Tinubu want to get on this delisting that he can not get. He has hunted the regulators down, more so that one of his own is now in power.

In a nutshell, I believe the delisting would still go ahead. Since most company getting delisted have alternatives trading their shares, I mean NASD. I am 70% sure that the company would be delisted. This is my own personal opinion

I still don't understand why the court ordered AGM has not been organized as the court date is fast approaching. The volume of share traded in this stock since last week got me thinking. Do you think the minority investor are changing their mind and would want to withdraw the case on 10th Oct.?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:16pm On Sep 24, 2023
customstreet:

I laugh in French when some people think is some yeye 14 minority shareholders that are gunning for delisting. Wale abeg make you pity some of us that bought at high price long ago..I remember Mr nwosu pleading on behalf of shareholders in conoil agm to the management not to tow the part of its peers in the industry delisting
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogoo4real: 9:50pm On Sep 24, 2023
How I wish one can decide which way the mkt will go. But nevertheless tomorrow is most likely going to be like this...
Access bank vs UBA = Bears vs Bull
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 10:38pm On Sep 24, 2023
customstreet:

Aaaah. shocked shocked shocked
A key benefit of delisting is the freedom for the company to focus on investing for the long run without the pressures (& wranglings over poor/bad management) from some strong shareholders to deliver substantial profits in the short term. This delisting does not augur well for Shareholders who participated in all the various offers (rights & PO) at higher prices, injecting more valuable naira in years past, only to be given a highly devalued N7.07

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Popson92: 4:31am On Sep 25, 2023
Hello House

Please, which website can I use to see the trends in prices and volume of stocks?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 5:41am On Sep 25, 2023
customstreet:

https://ngxgroup.com/ngx-download/rules-for-delisting-of-equity-securities-from-the-daily-official-list-of-the-exchange/

Please what do you think of Rule 1.11 ?
That's if the delisting pulls through.

Secondly, TA is predicting something different from yours. One must be wrong or may be delisting price maybe enhanced.
What do you think please?
Anyway, It must be clarified in less than 12 working days.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 6:36am On Sep 25, 2023
ogoo4real:
How I wish one can decide which way the mkt will go. But nevertheless tomorrow is most likely going to be like this...

Imagine selling UBA @#30 to buy ACCESS @#10.

Too much imagination will not kill me grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 7:01am On Sep 25, 2023
Court awarded Honeywell N‎72.2 billion damages against Ecobank, and then Ecobank appealed Honeywell’s N72.2bn court judgement. Any latest update on it?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 7:04am On Sep 25, 2023
Maybe this week, we will hear again from our Oando analysts. They have been largely silent since the stock dropped from N14.60 to N11.85. Well the good news is that it cannot drop below N7.07

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogoo4real: 7:56am On Sep 25, 2023
PETERiCHY:

Imagine selling UBA @#30 to buy ACCESS @#10.

Too imagination will not kill me grin grin grin grin grin

😀😃😄

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 8:03am On Sep 25, 2023
essentialone:
Maybe this week, we will hear again from our Oando analysts. They have been largely silent since the stock dropped from N14.60 to N11.85. Well the good news is that it cannot drop below N7.07

from 16.00 actually. guys picked a lot at that price
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 8:11am On Sep 25, 2023
essentialone:
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 8:39am On Sep 25, 2023
ogoo4real:

Some people will be waiting to pick up ACCESS lower. The company seems to be doing some underreporting.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7272) (7273) (7274) (7275) (7276) (7277) (7278) ... (7760) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.