Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,992 members, 7,835,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10967590 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7334) (7335) (7336) (7337) (7338) (7339) (7340) ... (7780) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 7:57am On Nov 07, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
Looking at inflation and currency devaluation in the last 15 years most investors have underperformed.

It is even worse with penny and dead stocks that have lost 80% of their stock price in the last 15 years and have not been able to pay dividends for 5 years and above

It is sad to see how so many stocks listed on the NSE have destroyed investors money. It is about a quarter that have tried to correct the loses to bring the overall performance up.

It will be nice to see what analysts state as the annualized return of the NSE over 5, 10, 15, 20 etc years. Plus returns of various sectors.

S&P I think is quoted to have returned 15% annualized. Will need to search for what time frame of decades and years.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Adinije(f): 8:03am On Nov 07, 2023
essentialone:

I have a feeling which is sentimental anyway . I believe many of the Banks might not want to pay the huge Company Tax of 30% from the humongous profit that will run around half a trillion by year end 2023. In my personal thinking they will buy more of their shares , then declare a huge dividend to escape the huge tax liability of 30% . The money will come back to them via dividend payment. The tax liability would have been reduced from company income tax of 30% to 10% of withholding tax .

My personal thinking anyway , so we are likely to see more purchases from them.
You may be right. Take UBA for instance. 72m unit single order.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 8:09am On Nov 07, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
From CSCS price history record, Dangote Sugar was listed on 8th May 2007 at N18.00, the price closed at N18.90k.

Check the stock performance from when it was listed 16 years ago till date.

Share purchases is a moving bus. Not everyone jumped in at the listed price. Some jumped in along the way. Everyone has their own entry price and break even.

The narration I gave was actually real event on the the sugar investor.

A Stock might be on N30 15 years ago and today it's N10 doesn't mean all investors have suffered losses. It's only the investor who held everything from peak to low that should lament.

I bought GTB years ago at N35. Today it's around N35. But I have also bought at lows and currently average down and I am on almost 70% profit apart from the dividends.

I believe it's also about strategy and not to rule out luck

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by itzzkhaliii(m): 8:18am On Nov 07, 2023
Clean Like New.
Direct From US
Hp Elite x2 1012 G2

Ram:16Gb Ram
Storage:256 Gb SSD
Processor: Intel Core i5
7th generation.
Touchscreen.
With Stylus Pen
Screen size:12.3" diagonal
Detachable Keyboard.
Keypad backlit.
Type C charging port.
Good Battery.

Price 245K
Available in Lagos,Can be Waybilled to Kano,Kaduna and Jigawa.Other states at buyers Cost.

Contact
0 8 one 36 seven Six 42 Six Two

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 8:28am On Nov 07, 2023
essentialone:

I have a feeling which is sentimental anyway . I believe many of the Banks might not want to pay the huge Company Tax of 30% from the humongous profit that will run around half a trillion by year end 2023. In my personal thinking they will buy more of their shares , then declare a huge dividend to escape the huge tax liability of 30% . The money will come back to them via dividend payment. The tax liability would have been reduced from company income tax of 30% to 10% of withholding tax .

My personal thinking anyway , so we are likely to see more purchases from them.

I think buying back their shares would not affect their assessable profits, to which the 30% tax rate applies. Unless they buy and sell at a loss, thereby erroding profits. Usually, buybacks directly affect their share capital and cash positions.

They can reduce potential tax liabilities by incurring more allowable expenses/donations. Flex more šŸ˜

Yes, if they execute share buybacks, they can declare higher dividends. Shareholders enjoy.

They can benefit from the 10% WHT rate if they have invested and received dividends/interests.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 8:32am On Nov 07, 2023
unite4real:

Share purchases is a moving bus. Not everyone jumped in at the listed price. Some jumped in along the way. Everyone has their own entry price and break even.

The narration I gave was actually real event on the the sugar investor.

A Stock might be on N30 15 years ago and today it's N10 doesn't mean all investors have suffered losses. It's only the investor who held everything from peak to low that should lament.

I bought GTB years ago at N35. Today it's around N35. But I have also bought at lows and currently average down and I am on almost 70% profit apart from the dividends.

I believe it's also about strategy and not to rule out luck

To make money in the stock market one has to average down or do stock picks when or if prices drop on good stocks. There are also many moving parts that can make a good stock bad and a previously bad stock become good. That requires ones time to monitor the market and take action as needed. I bought Dunlop offer when the factory was expanding. I even averaged down when prices fell. But alas bad government policies (an unfavorable moving part) of anyhow imports with cheap oil forex destroyed Dunlop. Bought PRESCO sat back. Monitored nadding and it has returned excellently. Summary one cannot really sit back in this market or take a rigid position. But to take opportunities as they come. If one has little time, one will be better off with a portfolio tilted more towards bonds.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:49am On Nov 07, 2023
Transcoorp was listed by introduction in November 2006 at N6.30k. Then had a public offer few months after N7.50k.

Based on the current price of Transcoorp can we say those who bought the public offer have made money in the last 17 years

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:57am On Nov 07, 2023
ote author=BabsO2 post=126835329]

To make money in the stock market one has to average down or do stock picks when or if prices drop on good stocks. There are also many moving parts that can make a good stock bad and a previously bad stock become good. That requires ones time to monitor the market and take action as needed. I bought Dunlop offer when the factory was expanding. I even averaged down when prices fell. But alas bad government policies (an unfavorable moving part) of anyhow imports with cheap oil forex destroyed Dunlop. Bought PRESCO sat back. Monitored nadding and it has returned excellently. Summary one cannot really sit back in this market or take a rigid position. But to take opportunities as they come. If one has little time, one will be better off with a portfolio tilted more towards bonds. [/quote]

In this market where corporate managers are vultures and shark, majority of investors are better off buying real estate, bonds or Eurobond.

With the exception of the very few who have more than an average knowledge of the financial markets. Such investors are less than 10%

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:04am On Nov 07, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
Transcoorp was listed by introduction in November 2006 at N6.30k. Then had a public offer few months after N7.50k.

Based on the current price of Transcoorp can we say those who bought the public offer have made money in the last 17 years
They have not.Then again if you look at the like of ucapital. My majority of the shares was bought at below #1.Therefore no example is perfectly right to convince that the 14% in fixed income is better or best because my investment in shares has yield better. My dangota flour paid me #21m plus for BE of #4plus.Just like glaxo now my BE is #6 plus.okumu was bought at #50.Bought plenty sugar at #6.And the list continues The same transcorp is at #1 plus in my portfolio

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 9:14am On Nov 07, 2023
BabsO2:

To make money in the stock market one has to average down or do stock picks when or if prices drop on good stocks. There are also many moving parts that can make a good stock bad and a previously bad stock become good. That requires ones time to monitor the market and take action as needed. I bought Dunlop offer when the factory was expanding. I even averaged down when prices fell. But alas bad government policies (an unfavorable moving part) of anyhow imports with cheap oil forex destroyed Dunlop. Bought PRESCO sat back. Monitored nadding and it has returned excellently. Summary one cannot really sit back in this market or take a rigid position. But to take opportunities as they come. If one has little time, one will be better off with a portfolio tilted more towards bonds.

Oh yes. Remember that Dunlop too. I was a victim.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:14am On Nov 07, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
They have not.Then again if you look at the like of ucapital. My majority of the shares was bought at below #1.Therefore no example is perfectly right to convince that the 14% in fixed income is better or best because my investment in shares has yield better. My dangota flour paid me #21m plus for BE of #4plus.Just like glaxo now my BE is #6 plus.okumu was bought at #50.Bought plenty sugar at #6.And the list continues The same transcorp is at #1 plus in my portfolio

I said 80% of stocks on NGX didn't give 14% annualized return. We still have 20% of stocks that did better

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:15am On Nov 07, 2023
It is even worse if the stock did not pay dividends

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tpharell: 9:23am On Nov 07, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
It is even worse if the stock did not pay dividends
like Oandoā€¦

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:25am On Nov 07, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

I said 80% of stocks on NGX didn't give 14% annualized return. We still have 20% of stocks that did better
Are you sure its even up to 20%?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tpharell: 10:19am On Nov 07, 2023
A lot happening with Oando this morning. Almost 10 million units in 15 minutesā€¦
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 11:24am On Nov 07, 2023
Jagoal!!!!
Any update?
1.52.... high for the year
Full bid damn!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 11:29am On Nov 07, 2023
Mfunkynation:
Jagoal!!!!
Any update?
1.52.... high for the year
Full bid damn!
JAPAULGOLD

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dapix: 11:30am On Nov 07, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 11:33am On Nov 07, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:33am On Nov 07, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:41am On Nov 07, 2023
Princkez:
were is LOCO oooo...you Don hammer oooo
Anybody wey call Loco name again ehh, we go dobthat persin wetin Hope Uzodinma do Agaero for Owerri. Lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 11:41am On Nov 07, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 11:43am On Nov 07, 2023
Princkez:
were is LOCO oooo...you Don hammer oooo
grin grin the second time this year cheesy cheesy Loco of Chineke cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dapix: 11:53am On Nov 07, 2023
What is going on with Fidelity bank? Is it preparation for their right issue, that is pushing the price up?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 11:53am On Nov 07, 2023
Tpharell:
A lot happening with Oando this morning. Almost 10 million units in 15 minutesā€¦

It's available for those that want to buy at N10.25 right now in small quantities. If one needs more one needs to bring out more money. Some are still waiting, bidding at N8.70 grin

Currently a betting stock as financials are incomplete and minority shareholder buyout still lurking around shocked.

People are careful not to sell. And those buying are doing so cautiously. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 11:54am On Nov 07, 2023
dapix:
What is going on with Fidelity bank? Is it preparation for their right issue, that is pushing the price up?

Yes now. Some bulls are released for such things grin

I predict FCMB playing catch up if it doesn't want to be left far behind once the Q3 audit comes out.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 12:03pm On Nov 07, 2023
BabsO2:

It's available for those that want to buy at N10.25 right now in small quantities. If one needs more one needs to bring out more money. Some are still waiting, bidding at N8.70 grin

Currently a betting stock as financials are incomplete and minority shareholder buyout still lurking around shocked.

People are careful not to sell. And those buying are doing so cautiously. grin

Life changing loss or life changing profit. Choose yea this day!! grin

Japaul shocked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 12:18pm On Nov 07, 2023
Please why is Morgan site not allowing see what is happening. The drop page is refusing to go off thereby blocking the main page
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 12:19pm On Nov 07, 2023
PZ Cussons (ā€œPZ Cussonsā€ or ā€œthe Groupā€) today confirms that it has made an offer to acquire the minority-held shares of PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc (ā€œPZCNā€). Following this acquisition the Group intends to de-list the business from the Nigerian stock exchange. The Group believes the transaction will significantly simplify and strengthen its business in Nigeria, putting in place a sustainable structure and platform to maximize long-term growth and value.

The Group has made the offer to the Board of PZCN to acquire the 26.73% of issued share capital held by minority shareholders at a value of ā‚¦21 per share, subject to prevailing market conditions, equivalent to a total cash consideration payable of Ā£22.8 million. Funding for the transaction is expected to come from existing Naira cash balances.

The Group believes the offer to be attractive for the minority shareholders of PZCN, particularly given the recent macroeconomic developments and foreign exchange challenges. It is also confident that the offer is in the interests of Group investors, as part of the focus to deliver against its strategy and create sustainable shareholder valueā€¦

Why do they say (ā‚¦21 per share, subject to prevailing market conditions,) ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 12:21pm On Nov 07, 2023
That kind of jackpot that gives inflation-and-dollar-rate a line from Burna boy

"You go bow for the result oh"
cry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:26pm On Nov 07, 2023
GSK
Notice of Court Ordered meeting
Coming up on 5th December 2023

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/39851_GLAXO_SMITHKLINE_CONSUMER_NIG._PLC.-_NOTICES_OF_COURT_ORDER_MEETING_(COM)_-__COURT_ORDER_MEETING_(COM)_NOVEMBER_2023.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 12:27pm On Nov 07, 2023
We no do advert again for Japaul.
I am waiting to cash out 200,000,000.
I am currently navigating my next winning stock.
Japaul has made me and my fellow brothers who identified with me millionaires

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7334) (7335) (7336) (7337) (7338) (7339) (7340) ... (7780) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amaa2019(m), TradeSunMoore, Allthelight and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.