Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,975 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7629) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10880887 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7626) (7627) (7628) (7629) (7630) (7631) (7632) ... (7752) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:40pm On Mar 01
crownprince2017:
At mercy, I have been checking my mail as if am expecting bank alerts from you regarding the likely skim of arrangements regarding transcorp.

I later got my sugar at 54 as a patience deciple.. grin grin grin
Lol. Not much details at the moment.....
As soon as there's more information, we'll all get clearer picture and will be posted here as well by our good Ogas too.

I like your patience spirit on SUGAR.
Let's all be hoping for the best.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 7:48pm On Mar 01
TRANSCORP PLC shareholders will smile...watch out

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndept: 7:58pm On Mar 01
Me: Nothing concern me about ASI. My own is about my stock and what the street is saying. Sorry o. Mr street… Are you more street credible than @wanajo? Wanajo will never talk anybody here down. He respects the opinion of others and will kindly give you detailed account of how the products of a listed company is being sold on the streets and major supermarkets and you will be totally convinced of his submission.

Me: I don’t follow TA and FA. It is simply man-made technicality to distract people. Afterall, I bought UCAP when it was selling @20k and I am still holding it till now. Sorry o, ancestor…. We have people like Pa @emmanuelewumi that bought cheaper than you. Emma is still giving useful tips on investing and he is not as arrogant as you are.

Me: I don't sell my stock. I hold it forever. I don't need money and that's why I never sell stock. Sorry o, the methuselah of stock. Go and ask people that have been holding Oceanic, Afribank, Bank PHB etc forever and they will tell you their experiences

Good people like currentprice, customstreet, locotrader, bullbearmarket, emmanuelewumi, mankind2024, yMcy56, agbalowomeri, ositadima, thebargainhunte, deruggedprof, Karltom etc will come here and state their views base on their thorough research but only you will antagonize them. If you don’t care about others, why not keep your opinion to yourself and stop constituting a nuisan!ce here.

FYI, “THE STRENGTH OF A BROOM STICK IS ON ITS NUMBERS” This platform has been a noble forum consisting of people with great, resourceful and very intelligent personality. It is however noteworthy that due to the flagrant noise and influx of some foreigners like you, we have lost some of them.

Mr know-all that care only for his belly and doesn't want anybody to quote him, Know this and know peace, You are not feeding anybody here and this place is not for money miss-road people. I am very sure that you don’t belong to any meaningful group, and if you do, other member of that group would have been clamoring for your removal. We have been happy and remain a one-family before you come with your unwarranted loose statements and abuses that is driving some of our resource persons away. I believe you are still a youth and suffering from youthful exuberance. But why not try and behave like a civilized person when you are in the midst of a noble gathering. Once again, comport yourself and at least behave responsibly like a well-trained person so that younger people under you can learn good habits from you.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mankind2024: 8:06pm On Mar 01
Minority investors should give Tony the benefit of a doubt.
Analysis paralysis would make many investors to miss the 🚢 ship of Transcorp Power
In 2020 or so MTNN listed @ N90 after splitting one share into 20, many NSEMPA lamented bitterly, many anti-investment article was posted, fueled by ANALYSIS PARALYSIS.
Geregu was listed at N100, it was so expensive at the time.
BUA food was listed at sub N50, it was equally expensive.
Tony's ship has been treating patient investors very well.
I do not subscribe to all the dirty names and past antecedents being assigned to Tony Elumelu.
Most of the conglomerates under Tony are doing well.
Tony and his family bought substantial units in Transcorp plc, setting greed aside, he would never destroyed Transcorp plc. I believe Transcorp plc represents the sweat and blood of Tony Elumelu and his Family.
He travels wide and far on Transcorp plc.
In the worst scenario Transcorp plc can transform to Transcorp Energy.
The idea behind the listing is 0.25$ per unit at exchange rate of NGN1000.00 per US$
Power generating company is not a child play anywhere in the world.
Any buying opportunity on Monday 4th March 2024 should be utilised by patient value self investors.
Km N1000.00 by Q3,/Q4 2024 is a possibility.
Ignore all the ANALYSIS PARALYSIS.
Investors would mop Transcorp Power on Monday.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndept: 8:12pm On Mar 01
Mankind2024:
Thank you, better person.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 8:58pm On Mar 01
Mankind2024:
Analysis paralysis would make many investors to miss the 🚢 ship of Transcorp Power
In 2020 or so MTNN listed @ N90 after splitting one share into 20, many NSEMPA lamented bitterly, many anti-investment article was posted, fueled by ANALYSIS PARALYSIS.
Geregu was listed at N100, it was so expensive at the time.
BUA food was listed at sub N50, it was equally expensive.
Tony's ship has been treating patient investors very well.
I do not subscribe to all the dirty names and past antecedents being assigned to Tony Elumelu.
Most of the conglomerates under Tony are doing well.
Tony and his family bought substantial units in Transcorp plc, setting greed aside, he would never destroyed Transcorp plc. I believe Transcorp plc represents the sweat and blood of Tony Elumelu and his Family.
He travels wide and far on Transcorp plc.
In the worst scenario Transcorp plc can transform to Transcorp Energy.
The idea behind the listing is 0.25$ per unit at exchange rate of NGN1000.00 per US$
Power generating company is not a child play anywhere in the world.
Any buying opportunity on Monday 4th March 2024 should be utilised by patient value self investors.
Km N1000.00 by Q3,/Q4 2024 is a possibility.
Ignore all the ANALYSIS PARALYSIS.
OK boss.Do you think you will see transcorp power to buy on the floor till it get to like #500.You will only see crossing that will be pushing it up.
My concern is we have been on this bus since it was listed at #7.50 .And anytime something good happens, you don't benefits directly.
Hotel went without any direct benefits to us.And if this still goes the same way it will be too bad.
Imagine seeing transcorp power at #1000 and transcorp plc you started as parent company struggling to reach #20.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Emeka1441: 9:09pm On Mar 01
Streetinvestor2:
OK boss.Do you think you will see transcorp power to buy on the floor till it get to like #500.You will only see crossing that will be pushing it up.
My concern is we have been on this bus since it was listed at #7.50 .And anytime something good happens, you don't benefits directly.
Hotel went without any direct benefits to us.And if this still goes the same way it will be too bad.
Imagine seeing transcorp power at #1000 and transcorp plc you started as parent company struggling to reach #20.
omo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 9:15pm On Mar 01
Streetinvestor2:

Transcorp shareholders should pray to God to receive allotment of T power shares which is late already.

Their should be a formal announcement to this and Transcorp placed on technical suspension but this process was bypassed.

Do you think this can happen after listing on Monday?

The only good news is that Transcorp will be the majority shareholder of Transcorp power which will lead to increase in dividend payment.

Do you think Transcorp can pay up to 50kobo dividend to shareholders going forward considering the huge OS?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eanestca(m): 9:16pm On Mar 01
Nobody is talking of ETF
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogoo4real: 9:29pm On Mar 01
Locotrader:

Transcorp shareholders should pray to God to receive allotment of T power shares which is late already.

Their should be a formal announcement to this and Transcorp placed on technical suspension but this process was bypassed.

Do you think this can happen after listing on Monday?

The only good news is that Transcorp will be the majority shareholder of Transcorp power which will lead to increase in dividend payment.

Do you think Transcorp can pay up to 50kobo dividend to shareholders going forward considering the huge OS?

So much speculations on Transcorp. Monday will tell
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 10:11pm On Mar 01
Streetinvestor2:
https://nairametrics.com/2024/03/01/breaking-transcorp-power-to-list-on-the-ngx-at-a-n1-8-trillion-market-cap/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Emeka1441: 10:21pm On Mar 01
222Martins:

https://nairametrics.com/2024/03/01/breaking-transcorp-power-to-list-on-the-ngx-at-a-n1-8-trillion-market-cap/
but why e be say na only nsempa get This pessimistic outlook.. every other forum have been spilling optimism
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:31pm On Mar 01
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 10:38pm On Mar 01
Emeka1441:
but why e be say na only nsempa get This pessimistic outlook.. every other forum have been spilling optimism
If you see the opinions here as pessimistic, then your perspective is narrow because every information here will help you gain a balanced view and make an informed decision; with full understanding of the odds, risks and upside....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmaodet: 10:38pm On Mar 01
Emeka1441:

Which other forums do you follow on stocks bro?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:55pm On Mar 01
delvzy:
To the OGs and well-wishers in the how, I do need a bit of advice from you.
I’m planning to create an investment portfolio based on four key areas-; Food, Clothing, Shelter and Power. Would you care to recommend some quoted coys w good fundamentals that fall under this category or have a direct or indirect link to the categories mentioned above?

Your diverse feedback is much appreciated.

I would have listed the stocks to look into but this is not the best of time to invest big in this market... There are still uncertainties

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Emeka1441: 10:57pm On Mar 01
emmaodet:

Which other forums do you follow on stocks bro?
some are paid.. some are from my broker app
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 11:03pm On Mar 01
Princkez:
Dear Sir/Ma,

We are delighted to announce that the Facts Behind the Listing and Closing Gong Ceremony of Transcorp Power Plc to commemorate the Listing by Introduction of 7,500,000,000 Ordinary Shares of 50 kobo each at N240.00 per share on Nigerian Exchange Limited is scheduled for Monday, 04 March 2024

Please see details of the event:

Date: Monday, 04 March 2024
Time: 2:00 PM - 3:35 PM (WAT)
Venue: 8th Floor (Trading Floor) and 20th Floor (Event Center)

This document is classified as: DC3 - Authorised Use Only – CONFIDENTIAL

Regards,

Broker Dealer Regulation Department
NGX Regulation Limited
Nigerian Exchange Group House
2 - 4 Customs Street
Marina, Lagos
Nigeria.

TRANSCORP POWER iis the REAL DEAL 🤝
SHARPEN your CUTLASS, KEEP your FUNDS on STANDBY and don't be DISTRACTED.

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!

*ThE OcToPuS* 🦑🐙
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by delvzy(m): 12:08am On Mar 02
megawealth01:

I would have listed the stocks to look into but this is not the best of time to invest big in this market... There are still uncertainties

I do understand you, but I'm here to do my preliminary homework based on those four pillars. With the TRANSCORP POWER listing next week, it only makes things more interesting as regards POWER, just need to know what it is for me as a TRANSCORP shareholder.
Let's see how it all plays out.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:08am On Mar 02
onegentleguy:

Probable scenarios on TRANSCORP;

1) Certain crop of persons with links to the core investor/majority holder and those with insider information on the outcome of her last BOD meeting may have been mopping up the shares on the floor.
The coys recent technicals (ref: PV action) is suggestive of this fact.
This could be the reason for the high volatility in price of the asset as they tactfully push it down in spasms to engage in staggered but strategic accumulation until they achieve their set out target.

2) Then comes the unbundling of her energy business arm from the group and
listing of TRANSCORP ENERGY as a separate entity.

3) Allotment of an estimated % proportion to all stakeholders of TRANSCORP. (ref: UBA >> UCAP/AFPRUD way)
However, the % equity distribution to qualified minority holders will be very small, most probably a calculated attempt to ensure that TRANSCORP ENERGY's free float on listing, maintains a wide deviation from would-be OS, with NCI and "others" having the lion's share.

4) If truly the intention is to remain a listed entity, the share price will then be proped up (artificial skip) the "geregu way" (as we saw when geregu power was listed) to attract... and fulfill.... wink cool

5) The core investor/majority holder will then proceed with a PP/RI post listing, to increase the coys OS.
Well of course for himself and/or his cronies by taking up an appreciable proportion of the PP/RI in other to remain in "charge" of affairs in the coy.

6) You may eventually be bought over in future (MTO in view) depending on how items No 4, 5 & 6 play out.

N.B: This is only a plausibility, not a certainty! ...so iit may or may not play out.

Whatever happens though, I continue to think that the current holders of TRANSCORP will benefit from it! Though much of what should accrue as great future benefit might end up been diverted. (if 4, 5 & 6 play out)

Interestingly, TRANSCORP POWER LTD dolled out a total cash dividend of N214 per share to its shareholders in 2022. And yes you heard me right... N214 !!
By the way, that's a near 70% increase from what was declared in the previous calendar yr.

Should I hold on to my TRANSCORP?

A lot depends on ones entry price. If you were among the early birds who keyed in below N1 or @ N1--2+, it might be ok to lock in your capital together with a good proportion of ROI and redirect the funds to other great asset. Then you can hold the balance.
Whatever happens, you should be good!

Many folks will recall I issued a buy recommendation on TRANSCORP, 1st @ N1.14 following several analysis.
I later gave it an outperform rating @ below N2 when many folks had doubts about the assets value accretive potential post release of her Q1, 2022 financial print.

As always, it pays to be among the early birds!

CAVEAT: NOT to be inferred as an investment advice. The need for due diligence should still take higher precedence ahead of this post.

It is well

Recall the post above?
Apparently, item No 3 has been cut off from the equation, thus changing the dynamics of items No 4, 5 and 6.
Perhaps the part in bold may well play out.

Here's what you should know;

The absence of a share allotment amidst an unbundling/spin-off of the power arm should it materialize, defies the basic logic of equity investing.
...it's like asserting that what was clearly a SUBSET to a SUPERSET can become a DISJOINT SET or even the superset itself without an established process of dissolution.

TRANSCORP POWER was a subset of TRANSCORP PLC and not a disjoint set or a superset of the latter.
Well, so we thought!

Perhaps the plan is to have you settle for what could well be a small part of the ACCRUALS (accrued earnings) from TRANSCORP POWER post listing. ...and if that is the case, then you do not need a soothsayer to tell you that Mr. ToE would want to have a complete grip of the proposed power arm (possibly 80--90% or at the very least 2/3 of total OS) to control or "maneuver" those future accruals.

Nigeria is indeed a funny place!

My projection;

• Attention may well shift to TRANSCORP POWER in the near term. (value accretive potential in view)

• For good reason, TRANSCORP PLC remains a hold in the short term as "there just might be some available juice to sip from it".
But am not so sure if that "juice" can last for so long. "The pack could be emptied at some point"...especially when you remember that energy revenue (from transcorp power) contributes a substantial proportion of TRANSCORP PLC's AsQ/Y, CGPR, CROIC, ROCE, and EM.

Should I buy, sell or hold TRANSCORP PLC?
Again, a lot depends on ones investment personality, with special emphasis on whether they're a trader, investor or both.
It's imperative to note that my initial recommendation of TRANSCORP PLC was at N1.14 and subsequently at below N2.

TRANSCORP PLC? ...I'll search for reward having a traders mindset.
TRANSCORP POWER? ...I'll look out for value having an investors mindset.

@ ToE & co may have shortchanged minority investors, but at this point I care less about that. ...it's now strictly business for us!
But that's just me so you might also want to follow your instinct.

DISCLOSURE: This post was made to guide all, particularly those who sent mails and messages asking for my view on the proposed listing of TRANSCORP POWER.
...it is however NOT an investment advice.

CAVEAT: The need for due diligence should still take higher precedence ahead of this post.

Regards

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mankind2024: 4:00am On Mar 02
URGENT LETTER TO MR TONY ELUMELU
Dear Chairman
Transcorp plc
Mr Tony Elumelu.
We hope this letter finds you well. We are writing to express our deep concern and disappointment regarding the recent decision to list Transcorp Power, the subsidiary of Transcorp plc , without consulting or informing the Nigerian minority shareholders. This would never happened in an organised country.
As minority shareholders, We were taken aback and shocked by the news of Transcorp Power listing. This decision came as a rude shock, leaving many Nigerian investors feeling neglected and disregarded. It is disheartening to witness such a significant corporate action being carried out without any consideration for the interests of minority investors.
We urge you to reflect on the consequences of your actions and the impact they have on the trust and confidence of shareholders. It is essential to recognize the importance of transparency and communication in maintaining a positive relationship with investors. By excluding minority shareholders from such crucial decisions, you risk undermining their trust and loyalty to Transcorp plc.
Furthermore, We implore you to learn from the unfortunate demise of your fellow Chairman, the chairman of Access Holdings plc, Mr. Wigwe. His passing serves as a poignant reminder of the transient nature of material wealth and human being. In the end, what truly matters are the relationships we build and the legacy we leave behind. It is crucial to prioritize integrity, fairness, and inclusivity in all our dealings, both in business and in life.
By proceeding with the listing without the involvement of minority shareholders, you have not only disregarded our rights but also jeopardized the goodwill and reputation of the company. The decision to list the Transcorp Power without consulting minority shareholders has created a sense of betrayal and disillusionment among investors.
In conclusion, We urge you to reconsider your approach and take proactive steps to address the concerns of minority shareholders. It is imperative to rebuild trust and restore confidence in the company's leadership. As steward of the company, You must strive to uphold the values of transparency, accountability, and fairness in all your actions.
Thank you for your attention to this matter. We look forward to your prompt response and a constructive handling of this issue at the next AGM on how the interest of all Nigerian minority shareholders is protected.

https://businessday.ng/companies/article/transcorp-power-eyes-n1-8trn-capitalisation-from-ngx-listing-by-introduction/?amp=1

https://businesspost.ng/economy/transcorp-power-to-list-shares-on-nigerian-exchange-march-4/

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 5:33am On Mar 02
I am not the Octopus but we just might see some shareholders of Transcorp dumping their shares to buy Transcorp power
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 6:24am On Mar 02
This. Is. Business cool

onegentleguy:

Here's what you should know;

The absence of a share allotment amidst an unbundling/spin-off of the power arm should it materialize, defies the basic logic of equity investing.
...it's like asserting that what was clearly a SUBSET to a SUPERSET can become a DISJOINT SET or even the superset itself without an established process of dissolution.

TRANSCORP POWER was a subset of TRANSCORP PLC and not a disjoint set or a superset of the latter.
Well, so we thought!

Nigeria is indeed a funny place!

My projection;

• Attention may well shift to TRANSCORP POWER in the near term. (value accretive potential in view)

• For good reason, TRANSCORP PLC remains a hold in the short term as "there just might be some available juice to sip from it".
But am not so sure if that "juice" can last for so long.
TRANSCORP PLC? ...I'll search for reward having a traders mindset.
TRANSCORP POWER? ...I'll look out for value having an investors mindset.

@ ToE & co may have shortchanged minority investors, but at this point I care less about that. ...it's now strictly business for us!
...but that's just me so you might also want to follow your instinct.

CAVEAT: The need for due diligence should still take higher precedence ahead of this post.

Regards
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 6:55am On Mar 02
MUCH ADO ABOUT TRANSCORP POWER FOR SHAREHOLDERS OF TRANSCORP PLC

To understand the present and predict the future (if this is possible at all), we need to understand the past.

Trancorp Hotels Plc, owned by Transcorp Plc (88% and the FG 12% in 2014). They did an IPO in the same year by selling 800 million shares at N10 per share.

Transcorp Hotels Plc had 7,182,000,000 issued shares. Post offer the shares outstanding was to become 7,982,000,000.

Unfortunately the IPO was 52.3% subscribed. The company was thus able to raise N4,184,039,000 out of the N8billion on offer. A total of 418,403,980 ordinary shares were therefore allotted to the subscribers for a total of 1,293 applicants. This brought total shares outstanding to 7,600,403,980.

In 2020, transcorp power did a RIGHTS ISSUE OF 2,659,574,468 ORDINARY SHARES OF N0.50 EACH AT N3.76 PER SHARE ON THE BASIS OF 7 NEW ORDINARY SHARE FOR EVERY 20 ORDINARY SHARES.

However, only 2,642,124,511 units were taken by shareholders, signifying that the level of subscription was 99.34 per cent. The total issued and fully paid-up shares of Transcorp Hotel increased from 7,600,403,900 units to 10,242,528,411 units after the rights issue.

Following all the above, Transcorps ownership of transcorp hotels dropped from 88% to 76.16%.

Did any shareholder of transcorp get one unit of transcorp hotels as compensation for owning transcorp in all these gymnastics above? No!

Yet someone somewhere that owns transcorp thinks he or she is going to get units of transcorp power allotted to them. I laugh in Spanish...

UBA allotting shares in United capital, Africa Prudential registrars and afriland properties was a different ball game. That was a spin-off and it had a scheme of arrangement between UBA and it's shareholders agreeing to the allotment of shares. Transcorp power is a listing by introduction. Two very different things.

UBA spun off business it was no longer allowed to have under its umbrella. Transcorp plc is still very much interested in keeping transcorp hotel and power under its auspices.

Another case in point, when UACN plc decided to distribute it's direct holdings in UPDC REITs to it's shareholders, there was a scheme of arrangement that was made public before it was concluded.

Have you seen or heard of any scheme of arrangement between transcorp plc and it's shareholders discussing a distribution of shares in Transcorp power to shareholders of transcorp plc?

Transcorp plc may wake up tomorrow and decide to give out shares in its power or hospitality businesses but that's highly unlikely to happen. They are not Father Christmas.

If you are a shareholder of transcorp plc, enjoy the speculative ride that this whole saga will bring and the indirect dividends you will enjoy from all the subsidiaries but it you're expecting to receive share in Transcorp power, you are on a long thing. A very long thing...

(NB: Credits to Nairametrics, proshare, business post newspaper and transcorp power annual reports as the source of all the data above.)

Ajibola Awolowo
Value Nigeria Podcast

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 7:34am On Mar 02
NSE hmmm. I remember when the biard of transcorp met and decided on this action. They promised to relay the outcome of their meeting to investors after the said meeting, but never did.
They allowed speculations drive up prices. As it stands today we no know where we dey as transcorp shareholders.
Nigerian companies, They just keep playing their shareholders.
Elumelu might just be doing the exact thing Otedola did at FO when he simply removed the power segment for himself and sold the rest with the shareholders.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 7:36am On Mar 02
SonofElElyonRet:
I am not the Octopus but we just might see some shareholders of Transcorp dumping their shares to buy Transcorp power

If dumping Transcorp shares to buy Transcorp is possible, good for them.

At least Transcorp shareholders should be allowed to get the stock at the official listing price 240 or alot some proportion of the shares to them which the registrar has failed to do before this listing.

They decided to do it secret to avoid court case from the shareholders which will distract the listing.Can shareholders stop this listing on Monday?Yes, they need to petition Tony, sec and other regulatory bodies this weekend.

What is the essence of being a shareholder when you don't benefit from the goodies.

Let me enjoy champion people wey dey think good of shareholders.

Wale, Tony and Wigwe are greedy people.

Ote, Alhaji, Rabiu better.

At least we know those to avoid and those to dine with.

Tony will not allow Transcorp shares to fall easily to avoid intimidations but certainly it gonna fall below #7 self as time goes on because the remaining subsidiaries can't service the 40B os .He has used Transcorp group to achieve so many aims from the FG and will still do more with Transcorp.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mankind2024: 7:40am On Mar 02
The resolution that empowered TOE to steal Transcorp Power from Transcorp plc was passed on April 21 2022.

https://www.proshare.co/articles/resolutions-passed-at-the-16th-agm-of-transcorp-plc-held-thursday-april-21-2022?menu=Market&classification=Read&category=Stock%20%26%20Analyst%20Updates

Article 10
10. That the Company be and is hereby authorised to invest in, acquire, or divest from any business and/or carry out as the Directors may deem appropriate and in accordance with any relevant laws, any actions, including but not limited to restructuring, reorganisation, reconstruction and such other business arrangement exercise or actions.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 7:53am On Mar 02
Locotrader:

A total of 6,788,540 units of champion cooling head in my portfolio now.Not for sale till target met.I even pray for buy out offer self.

No need to show pics again.
Some go begin throw me big stones on my bald head.

Could not pack much but will ride my 1m units with you and see how it goes
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 7:55am On Mar 02
Indeed a man is only as good as the information he has.

They did not give us gist of the BM, instead they resolve to giving us headlines!

Transcorp Plc will still have a %share on the Power arm that I believe for sure. This is why I don't pity any stock. Once I run up, I secure and let the 20% continue with the "uncertainty" phase.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:25am On Mar 02
Mpeace:
NSE hmmm. I remember when the biard of transcorp met and decided on this action. They promised to relay the outcome of their meeting to investors after the said meeting, but never did.
They allowed speculations drive up prices. As it stands today we no know where we dey as transcorp shareholders.
Nigerian companies, They just keep playing their shareholders.
Elumelu might just be doing the exact thing Otedola did at FO when he simply removed the power segment for himself and sold the rest with the shareholders.

Una dey play with Cowboys

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Shalom428: 8:28am On Mar 02
The surest way to make money this year and next is to follow the oligarchies . As Transcorp Power announcement came like a thief in the night , Na xo DangFood announcement go come

Too many uncertainties as to , if the present shareholder of Transcorp will have some part of the power's cake but it is 💯 certain that DS / Nascon holders will share in DangFood's cake

Once upon a time , Buafoods was selling at 47 Naira . I posted last year that Buafoods will rally in anticipation for DangFood, that was when Buafoods was sub 200 . I remember getting attacked on this forum when I mentioned ₦350. The rest is history now. A word is enough for the wise

Summary : Follow The Money

Not a buy / recommendations

Shalom

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by narite: 8:48am On Mar 02
222Martins:

Tony Elumelu is here with his Boju Boju again grin grin grin grin grin grin............I wonder how many percent stake the parent Transcorp has in this new Transcorp Power PLC. Parent Transcorp has a 40,647,990,293 outstanding shares with market cap of N580.45Billion...........While the new Transcorp power has 7,500,000,000 outstanding shares with listing valuation of N1.8Trillion...............

The Tony Elumelu Boju Boju magic grin grin grin grin
I see Transcorp plc owning at least a little bit above 40% of the total shares of Transcorp Power. Both company stocks will crash significantly in the coming weeks but I see them quickly recovering. Transcorp power surely will be the darling of investors.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7626) (7627) (7628) (7629) (7630) (7631) (7632) ... (7752) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ndept, chimex38, jaybee3(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.