Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,245 members, 7,815,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7632) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10870321 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7629) (7630) (7631) (7632) (7633) (7634) (7635) ... (7748) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 11:50pm On Mar 02
Emeka1441:
omo the NGX is tough oo..🥶🥶🥶.. dem juss dey rip person everywere..

NGX is not really as tough as you seem to perceive it. What you need is a self invented strategy which works for you.
For example, one of my personal strategies about buying high priced stocks like Dangote Cement is that it must first lose 10% for three to four consecutive trading days for me to move in else no go area.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExcessKJ(m): 7:48am On Mar 03
Good morning. Which online app can be use to monitor stocks on NGX just like Yahoo finance or Google finance. These two doesn't cover NGX. Thank you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 8:33am On Mar 03
Locotrader:

If he wanted to be fair, he should have reconstruct the outstanding shares and reduce to 10billion units and relist the stock at #60 then the stock will find it's way to #500 level to the benefit of him and his shareholders.

CASE DEY COME OOOO.

You are on point. The next two program of Transcorp Holdings in the near term are as follows

1. Do an MTO of say between 1%-4% as mandated by SEC

2. Share Reconstruction

These two, I am sure will happen from Grapevine

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 10:11am On Mar 03
Don’t be a pig that gets slaughtered. Follow the money!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimex38: 10:15am On Mar 03
customstreet:

You are on point. The next two program of Transcorp Holdings in the near term are as follows

2. Share Reconstruction

These two, I am sure will happen from Gravevine

"Grapevine" i suppose you mean? undecided.
Transcorp and confusion
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 10:23am On Mar 03
chimex38:

"Grapevine" i suppose you mean? undecided.
Transcorp and confusion

😁
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 10:25am On Mar 03
customstreet:

2. Share Reconstruction

Grave bawo shocked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by packman: 11:03am On Mar 03
Willie2015:

Try tradezero .

Thanks i would check this out
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 11:09am On Mar 03
SonofElElyonRet:

Grave bawo shocked

He meant grapevine

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hogwarthtrades: 11:47am On Mar 03
SonofElElyonRet:
Grave bawo shocked
Oluaye #GravevineAnalysis ... #Banters grin grin grin!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BenNigeria: 12:05pm On Mar 03
Streetinvestor2:
Tony has always been a scam from how he took over uba.This is how he pulled out the hotel to himself. That is why i see that his foundation as a scam. I don't think he has plans to do that.why was the Listing kept secret till on Friday after the close of business and Listing on Monday .You will see 80% of the ownership to himself and one proxy as investment partners registered in one country. 10 % to the parent company and 10% to mugu investors in naija that will push the price to 1000 for him

I remembered, that's why we black man don't consider others. Tony no go carry wealth go heaven. Just playing with people's hard earned money like toys. Too bad of our regulatory bodies
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 1:05pm On Mar 03
Transcorp Plc. Transcorp Power.

The BOD of Transcorp Plc (TPlc) was already empowered by an AGM resolution in 2022. I guess the BOD meeting last December was to put into action possible strategic plans, sooner than later.

TPlc already had ~52% of TranscorpPowerLtd and 95% of TransAfam (I guess merged to form Transcorp Power Plc (TPPlc). Ordinarily, TPlc should have at least 73% shares of TPPlc, retaining the subsidiary status. By 2022 FYE, TPlc received about N10billion as dividend from the power business. Dividend income would continue to accrue to it in proportion of its shareholding.

The real advantage in TPPlc is the projected share price appreciation. Initially to the erstwhile minority shareholders in TPlc's power businesses; then the early birds who will be privileged to get the stock on NGX to meet listing requirements, in the coming days.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Emeka1441: 1:31pm On Mar 03
Deadlytruth:

NGX is not really as tough as you seem to perceive it. What you need is a self invented strategy which works for you.
For example, one of my personal strategies about buying high priced stocks like Dangote Cement is that it must first lose 10% for three to four consecutive trading days for me to move in else no go area.
whats your strategy for transcorp?? If you own transcorp plc.. what would be your approach to both of them
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Emeka1441: 1:34pm On Mar 03
Frangel:
Transcorp Plc. Transcorp Power.

The BOD of Transcorp Plc (TPlc) was already empowered by an AGM resolution in 2022. I guess the BOD meeting last December was to put into action possible strategic plans, sooner than later.

TPlc already had ~52% of TranscorpPowerLtd and 95% of TransAfam (I guess merged to form Transcorp Power Plc (TPPlc). Ordinarily, TPlc should have at least 73% shares of TPPlc, retaining the subsidiary status. By 2022 FYE, TPlc received about N10billion as dividend from the power business. Dividend income would continue to accrue to it in proportion of its shareholding.

The real advantage in TPPlc is the projected share price appreciation. Initially to the erstwhile minority shareholders in TPlc's power businesses; then the early birds who will be privileged to get the stock on NGX to meet listing requirements, in the coming days.
una dey scare me.. we no go see am buy nii?😩😩😩
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aj8(m): 2:08pm On Mar 03
customstreet:

2. Share Reconstruction

Indeed?

So how does what is about to happen differ from what happened when Transcorp Hotel was spin off from Transcorp Holding? Relax. TRANSCORP Power is NOT a new entity. It’s merely listing as a public company at a price. Nothing else changes. TRANSCORP Holding still has significant interest in TRANSCORP Power and would continue to enjoy all benefits accruing from its interest. If TRANSCORP Power does well as a public company so would all her shareholders including TRANSCORP Holding and by extension shareholders of TRANSCORP Holdings. QED.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aj8(m): 2:16pm On Mar 03
Emeka1441:
whats your strategy for transcorp?? If you own transcorp plc.. what would be your approach to both of them

Hold

Both would appreciate along with all of TOE’s concerns..UBA, Afr Prud, TRANSCORP Hotel, etc. Geregu should drop a little being a significant competitor to the common good.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aj8(m): 2:27pm On Mar 03
ExcessKJ:
Good morning. Which online app can be use to monitor stocks on NGX just like Yahoo finance or Google finance. These two doesn't cover NGX. Thank you

Try Reuters

Search. Reuters xxxx stock

E.g Reuters UBA stock

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:44pm On Mar 03
aj8:
Indeed?
So how does what is about to happen differ from what happened when Transcorp Hotel was spin off from Transcorp Holding? Relax. TRANSCORP Power is NOT a new entity. It’s merely listing as a public company at a price. Nothing else changes. TRANSCORP Holding still has significant interest in TRANSCORP Power and would continue to enjoy all benefits accruing from its interest. If TRANSCORP Power does well as a public company so would all her shareholders including TRANSCORP Holding and by extension shareholders of TRANSCORP Holdings. QED.
Thanks AJ8 for your objective analysis.
If dumping should occur in TRANSCORP PLC, I personally think it will be a good way for those not yet in the bus to buy for medium to long term.

Tony must have already mapped out a plan to reward TRANSCORP shareholders, maybe thru price appreciation........though some says he won't but I want to believe there's a plan in place.

Those that wanted to dump may as well give him or his cronies opportunities to accumulate the more.......then, announce share buyback and move the price to their desired junction.

We all are witnesses to how TRANSCORP HOTELS was moved from 6 to circa 100.

*This is just my opinion as well*

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 3:06pm On Mar 03
Emeka1441:
I am not a freak of Transcorp. I have always made myself clear on that here at every opportunity. My aversion to Transcorp is the negative surprise packages it delivers most times just like Friday's sudden news of the unbundling of the power arm. Another stock I view with the same perception is OANDO. I call them the most slippery stocks on NSE.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 3:59pm On Mar 03
aj8:

Why hidden? Isn’t it obvious?

2. Shareholders of TRANSCORP Group are not directly shareholders of TRANSCORP Power but have indirect interest through the group’s interest.
3. The previous earnings from dividends and scrip from TRANSCORP Power by TRANSCORP Group, already demonstrate that potential.
4. The catapulting of the valuation of TRANSCORP Power will of course increase that of TRANSCORP Group as long as the current price is below the offer price and the company remains profitable to accrue benefits to her shareholders of which TRANSCORP Group is a majority holder ( at least for now)
5. The capital raised would increase the financial strength of TRANSCORP Power to further undertake and expand their core business of power or whatever else their article allows them to engage in. This also would benefit the TRANSCORP Group .
6. I see huge gains to shareholders of TRANSCORP, as long as the Power space stays viable and profitable…already eluded by TOE in earlier responses that this spin off would happen once the space is right. Like he earlier did with TRANSCORP Hotel.
7. This is not the first of its kind within TRANSCORP Group. Similar occurred in 2015. The spin off of TRANSCORP Hotel from the Group. Mentioned above.

I do not own any shares of TRANSCORP Group but intend acquiring TRANSCORP Power shares. I believe it would at least match Geregu Power PLC if not outpace it.

That’s my take.

Hidden value in Transcorp not obvious to some based on their statements. Some are even writing as if Transcorp is not a majority shareholder in Transcorp Hotels. As if Transcorp shareholders were cheated in the listing of Transcorp Hotels and are being cheated in the listing of Transcorp Power.

I have Transcorp. I will not be buying Transcorp power. But if I had no Transcorp, I will consider buying Transcorp Power.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 4:06pm On Mar 03
Emeka1441:
una dey scare me.. we no go see am buy nii?😩😩😩

There's nothing new there. Nothing to be scared about. You wouldn't see it to buy initially, but some others would be able to buy. Ahead of you in the queue or privileged. Demand would outstrip supply in days to come.

You wrote you're new to NGX. I would advise you observe and learn how the market works before panicking and making far-reaching conclusions.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Emeka1441: 4:11pm On Mar 03
aj8:

Hold

Both would appreciate along with all of TOE’s concerns..UBA, Afr Prud, TRANSCORP Hotel, etc. Geregu should drop a little being a significant competitor to the common good.
am planning on jumping on trans power too.. but i’m just worried it might go up…before its even listed.. if it goes up more than N300 am not buying till it drops
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Emeka1441: 4:20pm On Mar 03
Frangel:

There's nothing new there. Nothing to be scared about. You wouldn't see it to buy initially, but some others would be able to buy. Ahead of you in the queue or privileged. Demand would outstrip supply in days to come.

You wrote you're new to NGX. I would advise you observe and learn how the market works before panicking and making far-reaching conclusions.
true.. what would be your fair entry point if you wanted to purchase power
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 4:24pm On Mar 03
Emeka1441:
am planning on jumping on trans power too.. but i’m just worried it might go up…before its even listed.. if it goes up more than N300 am not buying till it drops
Lol. When you look at the shareholding structure, you begin to wonder who amongst those owners would sell.
Transcorp power is already fully allotted. This is not a public offer but a listing.
Lets watch and see how things go.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 5:00pm On Mar 03
Emeka1441:
true.. what would be your fair entry point if you wanted to purchase power

Guessing and for speculation, a price below N400.

However, I would have a fair/reasonable value for TPower when I see the financials and details of the company.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Emeka1441: 5:40pm On Mar 03
Frangel:

Guessing and for speculation, a price below N400.

However, I would have a fair/reasonable value for TPower when I see the financials and details of the company.
omo😂😂😂😂 na wa oo.. but i know after rallying up it would dip… thats when most people are waiting to buy..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aj8(m): 7:53pm On Mar 03
SonofElElyonRet:

Ucap nko?

smiley

….etc. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Emeka1441: 10:50pm On Mar 03
aj8:

smiley

….etc. smiley
dang sugar has reported thier fx loss..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 11:15pm On Mar 03
Bimmms:
Regarding this Transcorp power Hullaballoo we should all chill , I believe if Tony plans not to include we shareholders of Transcorp plc in the new Transcorp power listing , his wife wouldn’t have bought large tranches of Transcorp shares about 3 -4months ago

Exactly my thoughts. Almost the entire family bought transcorp, uba etal last year. They might unbundle whatever holdings transcorp plc has in the power segment to it's shareholders like uacn did with updc REITs.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Emeka1441: 1:17am On Mar 04
debeey87:

Exactly my thoughts. Almost the entire family bought transcorp, uba etal last year. They might unbundle whatever holdings transcorp plc has in the power segment to it's shareholders like uacn did with updc REITs.
but is it legal for the whole family to buy it?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mankind2024: 4:26am On Mar 04
Final decision on Transcorp plc.
I will not surrender a unit of Transcorp plc, would rather use the opportunity to acquire more. The psychology of investing points toward the herd effect.
Many investors are expected to dump Transcorp plc this week in expectation and anticipation of buying Transcorp Power, which would be extremely difficult to get in the secondary market without a cross deal.
The best decision for value investors is to position for a long-term where mother luck plays a significant role.
Generational wealth would be transferred from impatient investors to the patient one this week on this issue of Transcorp plc.
Being PATIENT is the winning word.
Capitalist oligarchs do not send us, since we do not have the license to mint money, we need to be extremely patient in the course of our quest for financial freedom.
We will surely get it right with calculated risk.
Still worth it technically and fundamentally to remain onboard the ship of Captain TOE and HH (Heirs Holdings)
He has done a lot for Transcorp plc that was once hopeless, despite the inherent potential at conception.
His Family investment in Transcorp plc would not be destroyed by Transcorp Power.
My sentiment is to buy more of Transcorp plc, the value Trapped will surely yield a good reward in the not too distant future.
Hold, Hold, Hold, Hold and acquire more Transcorp Plc the goose that is laying the golden eggs, more golden eggs to be produced by Transcorp plc.
Think about "Transcorp Energy"one of the golden eggs that will feed, supply and deliver gas to both Transcorp Power and Transafam Power.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7629) (7630) (7631) (7632) (7633) (7634) (7635) ... (7748) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: phadriz(m), thebargainhunte, mails4funshi(m), kaykehin, crownprince2017, Boshins, Locotrader(m), Frangel, bolton08(m), Agbalowomeri, ositadima1(m), webizone(m), Adinije(f), megawealth01, sterlingD(m), eziokwunwoko(m), leparj(m), Laso09, BabsO2(m), 222Martins(m), beejay1(m), Emndy(m) and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.