Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,875 members, 7,828,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7631) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10941776 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7628) (7629) (7630) (7631) (7632) (7633) (7634) ... (7772) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 1:20pm On Mar 02
2zona:

Regardless, the share price will still receive it's fair share of bashing on Monday.
You can never be too sure.You may hear something new on Monday. This billionaires are good at thr game to remain in thr class.You fit see surprised update concerning the Dan food on Monday,lol

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 1:20pm On Mar 02
Transcorp is a HOLD for me on Monday at current market price. grin

Transcorp reached an all time high of N19.2 on 18-January-2024.

Since Transcorp was listed, this same January 2024 recorded the highest Trade value of N26.3 billion with a trade volume of 1.75 billion shares. In other words 4.3% of Transcorp Plc changed hands this January at an average price of N15.02

In February N9.6 billion changed hands in Transcorp on the exchange.

If one follows the money, there is surely value in Transcorp PLC for such huge interest in January and February by big funds.

My Guess is Transcorp Plc will continue to own a fraction of Transcorp Power PLC that will be listed. It will continue to benefit from it fundamentally in terms of dividend income stream. It will also benefit from it when computing its Shareholder funds.

Key information we need to record are ownership fractions before and after listing ?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 1:29pm On Mar 02
2zona:

Regardless, the share price will still receive it's fair share of bashing on Monday.

And that will be very good for those smart investors who seize the opportunity.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by iHaveMadeiT2: 2:10pm On Mar 02
2zona:

It was an expected result. Even our own experts here have said it countless times that we should not expect fantastic result from DS. The wise investors have priced in the result

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by packman: 3:55pm On Mar 02
Hello guys
please anybody has an idea Trading on Nasdaq... Or New York exchange from Nigeria without using the likes of CHAKA and BAMBOO

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 4:10pm On Mar 02
packman:
Hello guys
please anybody has an idea Trading on Nasdaq... Or New York exchange from Nigeria without using the likes of CHAKA and BAMBOO

Thanks

You don't want to use the likes of chaka, bamboo and maybe trove, passfolio and the likes. You don't want to use brokers yet you want to trade. What exactly do u want?

Even in Nigeria you cannot trade Nigerian stocks without the use of brokers.

Don't ask for the impossible.

Maybe I didn't get your request right

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 4:10pm On Mar 02
packman:
Hello guys

Thanks

Try tradezero .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 4:54pm On Mar 02
Let me buttress your point.

These oligarchs are business men. Some play clean, others don't.

BUA Foods revolutionalized Rabiu's worth and Dangote is towing that path.
TOE saw the transformation of GEREGU, he couldn't wait for 5years like he earlier planned.

If you cannot smell the money or see the trail, just follow those with the money... grin

Shalom428:
The surest way to make money this year and next is to follow the oligarchies . As Transcorp Power announcement came like a thief in the night , Na xo DangFood announcement go come

Too many uncertainties as to , if the present shareholder of Transcorp will have some part of the power's cake but it is đź’Ż certain that DS / Nascon holders will share in DangFood's cake

Once upon a time , Buafoods was selling at 47 Naira . I posted last year that Buafoods will rally in anticipation for DangFood, that was when Buafoods was sub 200 . I remember getting attacked on this forum when I mentioned ₦350. The rest is history now. A word is enough for the wise

Summary : Follow The Money

Not a buy / recommendations

Shalom

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cosmicwill: 5:16pm On Mar 02
I'm new to NSE investment. I bought Dancem at 763.70 with all I the money had now it's 686.70 made losses already. I understand It might rise or fall but the challenge now is that I want to sell it and the broker I used, Trove can't sell as they said there is no buy order yet. what do I do?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 5:39pm On Mar 02
Cosmicwill:
I'm new to NSE investment. I bought Dancem at 763.70 with all I the money had now it's 686.70 made losses already. I understand It might rise or fall but the challenge now is that I want to sell it and the broker I used, Trove can't sell as they said there is no buy order yet. what do I do?

You are new on NGX and you went to buy DANCEM @763.70 why?🤔

We have warned several times to buy Nigeria only with registered SEC brokers.

Trove, Bamboo and co aren't brokers

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cosmicwill: 5:41pm On Mar 02
OBAGADAFFI:

I wish I saw this thread before investing
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cosmicwill: 5:42pm On Mar 02
OBAGADAFFI:

Any remedy?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 5:58pm On Mar 02
OBAGADAFFI:

I think you should find out how much he was trying to sell it. No registered broker in Nigeria would have sold it for N686 because the bids have been far below that amount lately.
If he used the so called trove or bamboo to place a sell at N618, it will clear.
So in essence it's now about whether he used a registered broker or not. It's the amount he offered to sell it.
I will be glad to mention a broker that woukd have sold it for the amount he bought it at over N760 or the highest offer of N686 lately.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 5:59pm On Mar 02
Cosmicwill:

One stock analyst I know in Lagos always hate the type of stocks I buy but when he discovered I have made much money through those stocks, he is now seeking advice on what he should buy from me.No be juju be that? grin grin grin

Your case is you bought Dangote cement aby?
No worry, we are in the era where SWOOT stocks are going to hold our ASI for a very long time.I am sure your Dangote cement will touch #1,000 and above in this 2024/2025 but as a beginner, you should have started with kobo stocks with good fundamentals.They always help people with poor financial background to build wealth.

Anyway, you are a big man.Big men always look for big things in the market.Dangote cement always pay dividend.Try to fill the form for dividend.i won't advice you to sell because you are already on loss and you will still loose more if you sell now.

Those type of broker you are using will never help you.They will still charge you extra money because they are not licensed brokers (member of Nigeria stock exchange)

Put more effort to access this Nsempa forum always.You will get to improve with time.

Ask for brokers here, I am sure you will get quick responses from some of them here.Majority here use Morgan capital but I don't use them because their charges are too cheap.I don't like cheap services.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cosmicwill: 6:18pm On Mar 02
Locotrader:

One stock analyst I know in Lagos always hate the type of stocks I buy but when he discovered I have made much money through those stocks, he is now seeking advice on what he should buy from me.No be juju be that? grin grin grin

Your case is you bought Dangote cement aby?
No worry, we are in the era where SWOOT stocks are going to hold our ASI for a very long time.I am sure your Dangote cement will touch #1,000 and above in this 2024/2025 but as a beginner, you should have started with kobo stocks with good fundamentals.They always help people with poor financial background to build wealth.

Anyway, you are a big man.Big men always look for big things in the market.Dangote cement always pay dividend.Try to fill the form for dividend.i won't advice you to sell because you are already on loss and you will still loose more if you sell now.

Those type of broker you are using will never help you.They will still charge you extra money because they are not licensed brokers (member of Nigeria stock exchange)

Put more effort to access this Nsempa forum always.You will get to improve with time.

Ask for brokers here, I am sure you will get quick responses from some of them here.Majority here use Morgan capital but I don't use them because their charges are too cheap.I don't like cheap services.

Thanks so much for your response sir.
Seems the only option is to hold the asset there since they can't even sell at the moment. Hoping it appreciates. Then pull out to a registered broker

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 8:03pm On Mar 02
BabsO2:
Transcorp is a HOLD for me on Monday at current market price. grin

Transcorp reached an all time high of N19.2 on 18-January-2024.

Since Transcorp was listed, this same January 2024 recorded the highest Trade value of N26.3 billion with a trade volume of 1.75 billion shares. In other words 4.3% of Transcorp Plc changed hands this January at an average price of N15.02

In February N9.6 billion changed hands in Transcorp on the exchange.

If one follows the money, there is surely value in Transcorp PLC for such huge interest in January and February by big funds.

My Guess is Transcorp Plc will continue to own a fraction of Transcorp Power PLC that will be listed. It will continue to benefit from it fundamentally in terms of dividend income stream. It will also benefit from it when computing its Shareholder funds.

Key information we need to record are ownership fractions before and after listing ?

Transcorp PLC has the following % ownerships in subsidiaries.
-----------------------------------------------------------------% holding-----------2022-----------2021----------2020
Transcorp Hotels Plc---------------------------------------------------------------76.2 % ------76.2 %--------83.6%
Transcorp Power Limited---------------------------------------------------------51.02 %----- 50.9 %------50.9%
Transcorp Energy Limited Exploration of petroleum product--------99.0 %----- 99.0 %-------99.0%
TransAfam Power Limited Power generation------------------------------ 95.0 % -----95.0 %-------95.0%
Transcorp Properties Limited Building---------------------------------------100.0 % ----100.0 %-----100.0%
Transcorp OPL 281 Nigeria Limited------------------------------------------- 100.00% ---100.00%----100.0%
Terago Commodities Limited------------------------------------------------------95.00% ----95.00%-----95.0%
Transcorp Refining Company Limited------------------------------------------ 100.0 % ----100.0 %---100.0%
Transcorp Trading and Logistics Limited------------------------------------- 100.0 % -----100.0 %----100.0%
Transcorp Telecomms Limited---------------------------------------------------- 100.0 % ----100.0 %----100.0%
Aura by Transcorp Hotel Limited---------------------------------------------------20.0 % ------20.0 %-------0.0%

NB 1 - Transcorp sold some units of Transcorp Hotel Plc in 2021 at N5.43 that's why its holding's there dropped slightly in 2021. Wish it can sell a little right now in Transcorp Hotel at N90 to fund development of other subsidiaries shocked Doing such will create value for Transcorp PLC shareholders in the coming years. I will give Tony a big thumbs up if he pulls such out in coming years.

NB 2 - Transcorp reinvested its dividend from Transcorp Power in 2022 thereby raising its % holding in so doing.

I see hidden value in Transcorp.

Not an investment advice. Do your DD!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Emeka1441: 8:25pm On Mar 02
ositadima1:

And that will be very good for those smart investors who seize the opportunity.
oppurtunity to buy?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Emeka1441: 8:52pm On Mar 02
Transcorp power get listed on monday.. please gurus in the house. Would it be instantly available for purchase at that price.. i’m new to the ngx.. so this is my first experience of such
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 8:53pm On Mar 02
Emeka1441:
Transcorp power get listed on monday.. please gurus in the house. Would it be instantly available for purchase at that price.. i’m new to the ngx.. so this is my first experience of such
Not likely.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Emeka1441: 8:58pm On Mar 02
Deadlytruth:

Not likely.
omo the NGX is tough oo..🥶🥶🥶.. dem juss dey rip person everywere..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Emeka1441: 8:59pm On Mar 02
Deadlytruth:

Not likely.
till when then?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bimmms: 9:02pm On Mar 02
Cosmicwill:
I make use of trove also and you can sell your shares , just click on “market sell” you will be able to sell it
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Pifebhor(f): 9:19pm On Mar 02
Hello Cosmicwill,

I will say don't panic About Trove , they are not direct Stock brokers like Morgan Capital or Meristem but they are Financial investment company that partners with SIGMA SECURITES ,a registered stock Broker in Nigeria to Trade Nigeria stocks and Trove is owned by a Nigerian.

I started using them in 2020 when I first started trading, if you created a custodian Account with them ,you do not need to fill an E-dividend form before your Dividends are paid if you purchased a Dividend paying stocks.

Their Buy and sell trades are very swift but note that their charge fees are higher than some brokers especially Morgan Capital been the cheapest .

If you placed a order to sell and no buyers ,there is no way your order will be placed.

But I would advice you create a Standard account with a registered Broker directly going forward.

Cosmicwill:

Thanks so much for your response sir.
Seems the only option is to hold the asset there since they can't even sell at the moment. Hoping it appreciates. Then pull out to a registered broker
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cosmicwill: 9:21pm On Mar 02
Bimmms:
I make use of trove also and you can sell your shares , just click on “market sell” you will be able to sell it

I've done this severally but sell order was rejected. So I did a mail and was told
Cosmicwill:

I did this severally but sell order was rejected. So I did a mail and was today this below

Please be informed that there have been no bids for the stock on the Nigerian exchange; hence your order comes back as failed. Unfortunately, we do not have control over this and advise that you keep trying till the order is executed.

this below

Please be informed that there have been no bids for the stock on the Nigerian exchange; hence your order comes back as failed. Unfortunately, we do not have control over this and advise that you keep trying till the order is executed.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cosmicwill: 9:26pm On Mar 02
Pifebhor:
Hello Cosmicwill,

I will say don't panic About Trove , they are not direct Stock brokers like Morgan Capital or Meristem but they are Financial investment company that partners with SIGMA SECURITES ,a registered stock Broker in Nigeria to Trade Nigeria stocks and Trove is owned by a Nigerian.

I started using them in 2020 when I first started trading, if you created a custodian Account with them ,you do not need to fill an E-dividend form before your Dividends are paid if you purchased a Dividend paying stocks.

Their Buy and sell trades are very swift but note that their charge fees are higher than some brokers especially Morgan Capital been the cheapest .

If you placed a order to sell and no buyers ,there is no way your order will be placed.

But I would advice you create a Standard account with a registered Broker directly going forward.

A
I appreciate your response sir.

My order gets placed but can't be executed as there's no bid on the NSE for the particular shares
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 9:34pm On Mar 02
Deadlytruth:

I am already fully loaded on TIP. I caught some more even two days back.
I will enter Champion on Monday. Just watch me.

Pls don't forget to update me on how you got it outside crossdeal.
I am interested to learn how to get a hot stock on the floor.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:48pm On Mar 02
[quote author=Locotrader

[/quote] Morgan services is better than my other two brothers that charges high. And you dey collect bags of rice from your broker by year ends because you have equally made money for them.That is why you no send thr charges and the kind loot you dey make.....lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 10:07pm On Mar 02
grin grin grin grin grin
Locotrader:

Pls don't forget to update me on how you got it outside crossdeal.
I am interested to learn how to get a hot stock on the floor.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by W0t0w0toman: 10:35pm On Mar 02
Locotrader:

At least with the listing of the power subsidiary, market will welcome the stock with a week bull and Asi will move back to 104k.

My champion will be on a daily 10% all through the week.I was in a dream last night.i don't know if it is malaria oooo, Heineken sealed the exit deal at #17 and champion brew was on a steady rise up to #15 in that my dream last night.

Yamayama mixed with typhoid dey fall on your smelly bald head inside your dream. Better stop dreaming such dreams.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aj8(m): 10:52pm On Mar 02
BabsO2:

Transcorp PLC has the following % ownerships in subsidiaries.
-----------------------------------------------------------------% holding-----------2022-----------2021----------2020
Transcorp Hotels Plc---------------------------------------------------------------76.2 % ------76.2 %--------83.6%
Transcorp Power Limited---------------------------------------------------------51.02 %----- 50.9 %------50.9%
Transcorp Energy Limited Exploration of petroleum product--------99.0 %----- 99.0 %-------99.0%
TransAfam Power Limited Power generation------------------------------ 95.0 % -----95.0 %-------95.0%
Transcorp Properties Limited Building---------------------------------------100.0 % ----100.0 %-----100.0%
Transcorp OPL 281 Nigeria Limited------------------------------------------- 100.00% ---100.00%----100.0%
Terago Commodities Limited------------------------------------------------------95.00% ----95.00%-----95.0%
Transcorp Refining Company Limited------------------------------------------ 100.0 % ----100.0 %---100.0%
Transcorp Trading and Logistics Limited------------------------------------- 100.0 % -----100.0 %----100.0%
Transcorp Telecomms Limited---------------------------------------------------- 100.0 % ----100.0 %----100.0%
Aura by Transcorp Hotel Limited---------------------------------------------------20.0 % ------20.0 %-------0.0%

NB 1 - Transcorp sold some units of Transcorp Hotel Plc in 2021 at N5.43 that's why its holding's there dropped slightly in 2021. Wish it can sell a little right now in Transcorp Hotel at N90 to fund development of other subsidiaries shocked Doing such will create value for Transcorp PLC shareholders in the coming years. I will give Tony a big thumbs up if he pulls such out in coming years.

NB 2 - Transcorp reinvested its dividend from Transcorp Power in 2022 thereby raising its % holding in so doing.

I see hidden value in Transcorp.

Not an investment advice. Do your DD!

Why hidden? Isn’t it obvious?

Kindly note the following.

1. TRANSCORP Group and Trancorp Power are 2 separate but related legal entities. The relationship is that the group owns 50.9% of TRANSCORP Power
2. Shareholders of TRANSCORP Group are not directly shareholders of TRANSCORP Power but have indirect interest through the group’s interest. For the IPO and listing, the Investments and Securities Act and SEC Rules require the approval of the shareholders and board of the issuer to offer shares to the public, not its parent or holding company’s shareholders. Check Companies and Allied Matters Act
3. The previous earnings from dividends and scrip from TRANSCORP Power by TRANSCORP Group, already demonstrate that potential.
4. The catapulting of the valuation of TRANSCORP Power will of course increase that of TRANSCORP Group as long as the current price is below the offer price and the company remains profitable to accrue benefits to her shareholders of which TRANSCORP Group is a majority holder ( at least for now)
5. The capital raised would increase the financial strength of TRANSCORP Power to further undertake and expand their core business of power or whatever else their article allows them to engage in. This also would benefit the TRANSCORP Group even with the dilution the new offer would inevitably introduce to the Group holding incase the Group makes no new purchases. However I foresee the offer not being fully subscribed thereby allowing TRANSCORP Group or whosoever (including TOE) to take up Rights if that alternative is accommodated on the initial offer’s demise.
6. I see huge gains to shareholders of TRANSCORP, as long as the Power space stays viable and profitable…already eluded by TOE in earlier responses that this spin off would happen once the space is right. Like he earlier did with TRANSCORP Hotel.
7. This is not the first of its kind within TRANSCORP Group. Similar occurred in 2015. The spin off of TRANSCORP Hotel from the Group. Mentioned above.

I do not own any shares of TRANSCORP Group but intend acquiring TRANSCORP Power shares. I believe it would at least match Geregu Power PLC if not outpace it.

That’s my take.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aj8(m): 11:10pm On Mar 02
Cosmicwill:

I would rather hold. Why sell at a loss? If FO, could invest in Dangote Cement I don’t see why you should sell just yet unless you have a clear view of where else you want to reinvest the funds that would guarantee profit. But best to use registered stockbrokers. Check the Ngx for a comprehensive list. That’s for your next time though.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 11:47pm On Mar 02
Emeka1441:
till when then?
Till some days later.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7628) (7629) (7630) (7631) (7632) (7633) (7634) ... (7772) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Deadlytruth(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.