Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,191 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7670) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10842648 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7667) (7668) (7669) (7670) (7671) (7672) (7673) ... (7740) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 12:09pm On Mar 21
yMcy56:
ZENITH @39.10
FBNH @37
Baton changed hands again.....

Profit takes no gree Elephant beat Zenith
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 12:14pm On Mar 21
yMcy56:

Lol. It's a stock for long termers.
If you see a good trader in this, then the person must be sound in TA and must Target the mvmt period closely.

Yes
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 12:17pm On Mar 21
Locotrader:
A stock with 1.2 Billion OS making a profit of #1.5B Naira in Q4 2023 and you called it illiquid stock. Which penny stock has this eps at the moment?
The body language of this stock shows its going to be a leader of the insurance companies in the next 5 years and price will be heading to #10 with the continuation of positive financial results like this. Unless they are delisting . I rest my case.

This your one-year income statement comparison does not show the whole picture and status of IEI. The facts are all there for those that would read.
A price paid by a core investor does not necessarily reflect the true/real worth of the enterprise, especially for an enterprise doing badly. So many factors, especially qualitative, influence the price paid. Some reasons for take over could include easy access to having licence to a regulated business, to kill-off/reduce competition, etc. So, unreal offers could be made to achieve desired outcome

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 12:29pm On Mar 21
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gbengafaro1986: 12:31pm On Mar 21
Dear Sudden Dollar Investors and Speculators

welcome back to NGX

We missed you kiss

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:58pm On Mar 21
GTCO @47.....Up with +1.15k
ZENITH @39.25 ......Up with +1.25
FBNH: 37.95
UBA: 27.50 ....Up with +1.15

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 12:59pm On Mar 21
emmanuelewumi:

How?

How many businesses are quoted on NGX.

Do you have the historical data of the relationship between the Nigerian stock market capitalization and our GDP.

Because 80% is undervalued in the US stock market compared to their GDP, does not mean 50% is not overvalued in the Nigerian stock market compared to our GDP.

Maybe you wanted to say businesses in the Nigerian economy needed to be quoted on NGX
emmanuelewumi:

How?

How many businesses are quoted on NGX.

Do you have the historical data of the relationship between the Nigerian stock market capitalization and our GDP.

Because 80% is undervalued in the US stock market compared to their GDP, does not mean 50% is not overvalued in the Nigerian stock market compared to our GDP.

Maybe you wanted to say businesses in the Nigerian economy needed to be quoted on NGX

There is correlation between NGX capitalisation and Nigeria GDP. Increase in GDP will have positive sentiments in our market. I don't really have the data to back up my claim, but I attached two images in my post, one is NGX capitalisation history while the other is our GDP history. I think that data would give one insight on how our GDP is correlated to stock market capitalisation in dollar. I don't quite agree with listing more companies would solve the issue, I am of the opinion that our valuation of stocks in Nigeria is very poor, hence my stand that we have undervalued market. Take a look at Standard Bank Group of South Africa for example, the market price is 18585 Zac which when converted to dollar, it would be around $18515 per share. The same money when converted to naira would give one about 18 million naira per share. Imagine this stock was listed on NGX,people would not near the stock cos to them it is overpriced stock. The outstanding share of the company is about 1.67 billion shares, then compare that with our Zenith Bank that is trading below #40, that is 450,000 times. Zenith has presence in other countries as well. What our companies do to have a big market capitalisation is to increase their OS while the price remain cheap. Imagine Dangote Cement having OS less than two billion, do u think people would price it above #2000? These billionaires understand Nigerians very well and that is the reason they are having bloated os in their companies. A bloated os will dampen the share movement because of too many jijoist.I understand that there so many metrics which helped Standard Bank Group to achieve that feat which is not limited to secure currency, trust people have in their security exchange or what ever, government policies and security of lives and property in the country etc. These are some of the metrics that would help fpi to come into our country, and their presence drives positive sentiments. Dangote will not try listing his refinery with OS less than 10 billion cos he knows that nobody would price his refinery above #10,000.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 1:03pm On Mar 21
Zagee:

New listings are what is required to have this. We need more lively coys on the bourse. NNPCL and Dangote Refinery adds about 5-10trillion to it. [b]We just have to create the enabling environment for such traction. E.g includes but not limited to not having Stupid people anywhere at the seat of governance.
Without sounding political, this was why OBI had a visit to the LSE during his tour. [/b]I think bulaba had some run-ins with other exchange I think.

The bolded is what could drive our market price up cos fpi still see our market very cheap.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:11pm On Mar 21
thebargainhunte:

There is correlation between NGX capitalisation and Nigeria GDP. Increase in GDP will have positive sentiments in our market. I don't really have the data to back up my claim, but I attached two images in my post, one is NGX capitalisation history while the other is our GDP history. I think that data would give one insight on how our GDP is correlated to stock market capitalisation in dollar. I don't quite agree with listing more companies would solve the issue, I am of the opinion that our valuation of stocks in Nigeria is very poor, hence my stand that we have undervalued market. Take a look at Standard Bank Group of South Africa for example, the market price is 18585 Zac which when converted to dollar, it would be around $18515 per share. The same money when converted to naira would give one about 18 million naira per share. Imagine this stock was listed on NGX,people would not near the stock cos to them it is overpriced stock. The outstanding share of the company is about 1.67 billion shares, then compare that with our Zenith Bank that is trading below #40, that is 450,000 times. Zenith has presence in other countries as well. What our companies do to have a big market capitalisation is to increase their OS while the price remain cheap. Imagine Dangote Cement having OS less than two billion, do u think people would price it above #2000? These billionaires understand Nigerians very well and that is the reason they are having bloated os in their companies. A bloated os will dampen the share movement because of too many jijoist.I understand that there so many metrics which helped Standard Bank Group to achieve that feat which is not limited to secure currency, trust people have in their security exchange or what ever, government policies and security of lives and property in the country etc. These are some of the metrics that would help fpi to come into our country, and their presence drives positive sentiments. Dangote will not try listing his refinery with OS less than 10 billion cos he knows that nobody would price his refinery above #10,000.

What is the current ratio of stock market capitalization and our GDP.

Someone believe it is an average of 40% based on historical precedent.

If you now see it at 25% that is when you can say it is undervalued based on that metric

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lionshare: 1:16pm On Mar 21
thebargainhunte:

Culture influences economic behavior. South Africa has over 400 listed companies, while Nigeria has just over 100, which is relatively low for its economy size. Encouraging and incentivizing companies with annual revenues exceeding N100 billion to list can enhance transparency, benefiting all stakeholders in the long run and the general populace.

PS: Standard Group is about $1K not N18m

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BuchyD: 1:48pm On Mar 21
OBAGADAFFI:

When it comes to big caps illiquidity, Conoil is Baba.
Conoil can trap you for a month.
Any positive news Full-Bidd
Any negative news Full-Offer

For many month you mean...... 3 months na still child's play for where conoil dey

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 1:58pm On Mar 21
BuchyD:

For many month you mean...... 3 months na still child's play for where conoil dey

Na true o.
CONOIL sabi lockup wela grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 2:02pm On Mar 21
lionshare:
Culture influences economic behavior. South Africa has over 400 listed companies, while Nigeria has just over 100, which is relatively low for its economy size. Encouraging and incentivizing companies with annual revenues exceeding N100 billion to list can enhance transparency, benefiting all stakeholders in the long run and the general populace.

the price I saw it was 18585 Zac per share which when divided by 7.93 will give us $2343.63 per share. I made a mistake in my calculations.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 3:05pm On Mar 21
The Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) is a prominent stock exchange located in Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa. It serves as a vital platform for both local and international investors seeking exposure to the leading capital markets in South Africa and the broader African continent.

Here are some key details about the JSE:

Address: 1 Exchange Square, 2 Gwen Lane, Sandton, 2196
Phone Number: +27 11 520 7000
Operating Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM

The JSE offers secure and efficient primary and secondary capital markets across a diverse range of securities.
It is currently ranked as the 19th largest stock exchange in the world by market capitalization and is the largest exchange on the African continent.
The JSE has a rich history, having been formed during the first South African gold rush in 1887.

If you’re interested in exploring the companies listed on the JSE, you can find detailed information about 354 listed companies, including their share prices, market caps, sectors, and announcements. Some notable companies include BHP Group, Anheuser-Busch Inbev, Richemont, and Naspers.

lionshare:
Culture influences economic behavior. South Africa has over 400 listed companies , while Nigeria has just over 100, which is relatively low for its economy size. Encouraging and incentivizing companies with annual revenues exceeding N100 billion to list can enhance transparency, benefiting all stakeholders in the long run and the general populace.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 3:42pm On Mar 21
megawealth01:
CBN Settles All FX Backlog As External Reserves Rise To $34.11 Billion

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-cbn-setles-all-fx-backlog-as-external-reserves-rise-to-34-11bn/

This is really good news. I hope it translates to improved confidence in the Nigerian market.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 3:54pm On Mar 21
Druss:

One only makes profit or loss when one sells.

Or when the company goes bust. Abi I should off the mic 🎤 ? lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lionshare: 4:11pm On Mar 21
KarlTom:
The Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) is a prominent stock exchange located in Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa. It serves as a vital platform for both local and international investors seeking exposure to the leading capital markets in South Africa and the broader African continent.

Here are some key details about the JSE:

Address: 1 Exchange Square, 2 Gwen Lane, Sandton, 2196
Phone Number: +27 11 520 7000
Operating Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM

The JSE offers secure and efficient primary and secondary capital markets across a diverse range of securities.
It is currently ranked as the 19th largest stock exchange in the world by market capitalization and is the largest exchange on the African continent.
The JSE has a rich history, having been formed during the first South African gold rush in 1887.

If you’re interested in exploring the companies listed on the JSE, you can find detailed information about 354 listed companies, including their share prices, market caps, sectors, and announcements. Some notable companies include BHP Group, Anheuser-Busch Inbev, Richemont, and Naspers.

I am probably wrong I got that information from this site: https://afx.kwayisi.org/jse/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mankind2024: 4:25pm On Mar 21
INVESTMENT TIPS FOR NSEMPA INVESTORS (NOT TRADERS) Q2 (2024)
1. There is no such thing as a genuine get-rich-quick investment. The saying, “If it seems too good to be true, it probably is” rings more true for investing than any other financial transaction. Promises of large returns are seldom true. The best investment is a safe, steady, long-term one, where you let your money work for you over the longer term...NOW POSSIBLE IN OUR DEAREST NGX

2.If you have your eye on something you want, wait five days before you buy it. This removes the risk of buying on impulse and allows for rational spending. I WAS A VICTIM OF THIS AT THE JUST CONCLUDED TRANSCORP POWER LISTING BY INTRODUCTION, I BOUGHT 21000 UNITS AT AVERAGE COST OF N370. WITH CASH AT HAND, I COULD HAVE GOTTEN IT AT AVERAGE COST OF N360 IF I HAD WAITED 5 DAYS POST LISTING.

3. Take the time to get to know financial and investment terms. Having an understanding of the basic concepts allows you to more easily grasp the advice provided on NSEMPA thread You can also ask pertinent questions to make more informed decisions.

4.There is no one-size-fits-all investment approach: Each person is an individual and should follow a customised investment plan that takes into account personal economic needs.
5. At the very least, start investing as soon as you can, even if it is just a small amount each month. You can grow this amount when your finances allow. Starting today is better than starting tomorrow. THIS WORK FOR ME. I LEARNT TO SEIZE THE DAY. I DO NOT TIME THE MARKET. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THE FUNDAMENTAL. I AVERAGE UP OR DOWN TILL I ATTAIN EQUILIBRIUM WHERE I'M COMFORTABLE TO DECIDE, BOOK PROFIT OR BUY MORE. I HAVE 600,000 UNITS OF ACCESS AT AVERAGE COST PRICE OF N12.00. I FEEL COMFORTABLE TO BUY MORE AT CURRENT PRICE, THE GOAL IS 1M UNIT.

***MODIFIED****

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Druss(m): 4:47pm On Mar 21
vacanci:

you are right but when you are caught in the web, this notion will erase from your mind.

imagine for example you have about N10 Million locked in Multiverse. You then have an opportunity to buy a house on distress sale for about 8 to 9 Million naira. You are confident to seal the deal because you have stocks valued above that. You hit the NGX to sell and buy the house.

Guess what, one month later you are still not able to sell. na that one i go take dey console myself say " I only make profit or loss when i sell?"

It's always good to be in a liquid stock or jump out early when the ovation is still loudest instead of reaching destination of no return.

i pray you do not experience being stuck in a stock when you need an emergency exit

How has what you written invalidated the comment? If you cannot sell you cannot claim you have made profit. You might as well have 100 million shares of crap as no one else wants it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Druss(m): 4:48pm On Mar 21
chillykelly86:

Or when the company goes bust. Abi I should off the mic 🎤 ? lipsrsealed

True.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 7:35pm On Mar 21
Druss:

How has what you written invalidated the comment? If you cannot sell you cannot claim you have made profit. You might as well have 100 million shares of crap as no one else wants it.

Read my comments again. This time around do it slowly

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 8:08pm On Mar 21
ositadima1:

With ETI trading at 25.5, representing a 16% gain from the price of 22 at my call, and Guinness trading at 46, a 7% increase from 43, the short-term target of just 3 days has yielded target returns. It's not bad performance. I could easily close the trade now, having reached the 11% target (with equal weighting), though I believe they could potentially perform even better. cheesy

ETI: Up 18%
Guinness: Up 15%
Average: 16.5%

Expected profit: 170k 280k grin grin grin

Guinness recorded 28.5 million Naira today alone, while ETI is liquid enough that 2 million Naira can be easily withdrawn.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 8:41pm On Mar 21
Excellent piece for all especially newbies... grin

Mankind2024:
INVESTMENT TIPS FOR NSEMPA INVESTORS (NOT TRADERS) Q2 (2024)
1. There is no such thing as a genuine get-rich-quick investment. The saying, “If it seems too good to be true, it probably is” rings more true for investing than any other financial transaction. Promises of large returns are seldom true. The best investment is a safe, steady, long-term one, where you let your money work for you over the longer term...NOW POSSIBLE IN OUR DEAREST NGX

2.If you have your eye on something you want, wait five days before you buy it. This removes the risk of buying on impulse and allows for rational spending. I WAS A VICTIM OF THIS AT THE JUST CONCLUDED TRANSCORP POWER LISTING BY INTRODUCTION, I BOUGHT 21000 UNITS AT AVERAGE COST OF N370. WITH CASH AT HAND, I COULD HAVE GOTTEN IT AT AVERAGE COST OF N360 IF I HAD WAITED 5 DAYS POST LISTING.

3. Take the time to get to know financial and investment terms. Having an understanding of the basic concepts allows you to more easily grasp the advice provided on NSEMPA thread You can also ask pertinent questions to make more informed decisions.

4.There is no one-size-fits-all investment approach: Each person is an individual and should follow a customised investment plan that takes into account personal economic needs.
5. At the very least, start investing as soon as you can, even if it is just a small amount each month. You can grow this amount when your finances allow. Starting today is better than starting tomorrow. THIS WORK FOR ME. I LEARNT TO SEIZE THE DAY. I DO NOT TIME THE MARKET. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THE FUNDAMENTAL. I AVERAGE UP OR DOWN TILL I ATTAIN EQUILIBRIUM WHERE I'M COMFORTABLE TO DECIDE, BOOK PROFIT OR BUY MORE. I HAVE 600,000 UNITS OF ACCESS AT AVERAGE COST PRICE OF N12.00. I FEEL COMFORTABLE TO BUY MORE AT CURRENT PRICE, THE GOAL IS 1M UNIT.

***MODIFIED****
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 8:46pm On Mar 21

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aj8(m): 9:17pm On Mar 21
Interesting Ratio UBA: ZENITH : GTCO 1:1.45:1.75 (Approximately).
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 9:34pm On Mar 21
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 5:35am On Mar 22
vacanci:

the problem is one can get trapped.

Imagine those investors in Multiverse who have been trying to come out for the past one month. total traded value yesterday from 6 deals only was N21k. You spot opportunity elsewhere and want to sell multiverse to key into such opportunities just like when MTN got to N180. Multiverse trapped you inside.
Yesterday also, Champion breweries, only 3 deals with total value of around N5k.

Look at McNichols, after the price went up many days and hit the top, coming out was a problem until it went back to where it started from before we started seeing bids.
Mecure has trapped investors wanting out as we speak. remember how it was flying high and jumping 10% daily for weeks. Yesterday's total traded volume was just 21k

so many stocks like that will do people shege.

Climbing up is not the problem but when you want to come out, it's a big problem especially when you are invested with huge fund.

my advice to penny stock wannabe investors is to use penny amounts to buy penny stocks. Imagine someone queuing up very early trying to sell about 1M units of Mecure or Multiverse. it would take more than 2 weeks of others waiting if the 1M guy gets in front everyday.

I learnt my lesson when i tried to jump out of one penny stock with N800K value to invest in an opportunity elsewhere. i remained trapped while the other stock which was a highly liquid one made 30%. As i speak, i am still trapped but the paper value has gone down drastically by about 50%.

As for me, i learn't my lessons
It has been repeatedly said here that the first thing to consider in trying to trade a penny stock is historical liquidity.
You can't be so trapped in JAPAUL for example. Secondly, most instances of getting stuck in a penny stock after a long way rally are fueled by greed else it is always clear when the trend is dying down but a greedy trader would assume that somehow it will just continue the rally forever.
Even some non-penny stocks do become very illiquid after a prolonged rally. Take a look at GEREGU's behavior since it hit N1000 all the way from N300+. It is now difficult to sell large volumes yet it is by no means a penny stock.
It takes up to four trading days for a penny stock to become illiquid after much rally. Those who are caught are the types who are guilty of the Wild Goose Hunter story.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExcessKJ(m): 7:02am On Mar 22
Please 🙏, this N'M means the figures is to be multiply by 6 zeros right? Or what is the appropriate interpretation of the N'M

Secondly, why are some figures on the sheet written in brackets. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ernie4life(m): 7:25am On Mar 22
ExcessKJ:
Please 🙏, this N'M means the figures is to be multiply by 6 zeros right? Or what is the appropriate interpretation of the N'M

Bracket means its a negative amount and N,M means multiply by 6 zeros

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 7:26am On Mar 22
ExcessKJ:

@ the bolded yes. For your second question, figures in bracket means the figures are negative

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExcessKJ(m): 7:38am On Mar 22
ernie4life:

Bracket means its a negative amount and N,M means multiply by 6 zeros

Thank you very much
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExcessKJ(m): 7:39am On Mar 22
Ginalex:
@ the bolded yes. For your second question, figures in bracket means the figures are negative

I am very grateful. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (7667) (7668) (7669) (7670) (7671) (7672) (7673) ... (7740) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Agbalowomeri and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.