Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,656 members, 7,847,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 03:02 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7779) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11017496 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7776) (7777) (7778) (7779) (7780) (7781) (7782) ... (7799) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 2:26pm On May 18
SonofElElyonRet:

But it's been having lower lows for a while so even if it rallies up by 15% (Which is a lower high as it's also been doing), it's likely to retrace below last low except they come up with some good news. I bought at around 40k. Hope I'm wrong

Just like you are not ready to sell lower than your purchase price, most people are like that too. Going back the last 12 months, 90% or more that bought the stock bought above 31k. If you are in a hurry to sell, you can sell on the floor or I will do a cross deal at 31k.

** If I may ask - How long have you been holding the stock & what's the maximum percentage loss you are willing to accept to be cut loose from the stock? That way I know if it's something I can stomach and we can move forward with the deal assuming you are ready to deal.

** DD advised. I will say no more.
My 2 cents.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 2:28pm On May 18
megawealth01:

I don't recommend insurance stocks anyways

I DO NOT recommend any stock. This is not a signal group.
I only give my 2 cents once in a while.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 3:21pm On May 18
mikeapollo:

Oando delisting would be more controversial and would likely trigger stricter conditions and oversight from SEC. Ardova and MRS had been paying dividends consistently. Oando has not in the almost 10 years, hence all eyes would be on them.
I think the SEC would not let them go scot free. Remember the SEC only had to lift their sanctions on Oando after some protracted battle and compromise negotiations. Oando would not be allowed to delist without meeting some reasonable conditions.
Fortunately, SEC has proved itself In rejecting and refusing some companies from delisting in recent times
Oando can still delist eventually, but the price would be higher than the offer price and current market price..

We are watching closely
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 5:58pm On May 18
KayOn1:

Just like you are not ready to sell lower than your purchase price, most people are like that too. Going back the last 12 months, 90% or more that bought the stock bought above 31k. If you are in a hurry to sell, you can sell on the floor or I will do a cross deal at 31k.

** If I may ask - How long have you been holding the stock & what's the maximum percentage loss you are willing to accept to be cut loose from the stock? That way I know if it's something I can stomach and we can move forward with the deal assuming you are ready to deal.

My 2 cents.

Never told you I want to sell.... check earlier comment where I said if it goes lower than 30k I will buy more to Naira cost average.... check the bolded to see your own contradiction... too much of commenting on everything is bad grin

p.s. you've never heard of panic selling when people sell at a loss due to fear of price crash?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 6:10pm On May 18
KayOn1:

My 2 cents.
SonofElElyonRet:

Looks like it's heading sub 30k. No wahala. I will buy to Naira cost average if it does
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 6:13pm On May 18
SonofElElyonRet:

Never told you I want to sell.... check earlier comment where I said if it goes lower than 30k I will buy more to Naira cost average.... check the bolded to see your own contradiction... too much of commenting on everything is bad grin

p.s. you've never heard of panic selling when people sell at a loss due to fear of price crash?

Sorry no vex. I was just suggesting possible options you have.
However, You didn't answer my question. If you were to panic sell, at what percentage loss, will that thought kick in?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 6:19pm On May 18
KayOn1:

Sorry no vex. I was just suggesting possible options you have.
However, You didn't answer my question. If you were to panic sell, at what percentage loss, will that thought kick in?

I'm buying and holding all stocks medium to long term... ever since I sold 2.5 mllion units of Transcorp at N1 to later see it shoot up astronomically, I've stopped thinking short term. No panic selling for me

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 6:25pm On May 18
SonofElElyonRet:

I'm buying and holding all stocks medium to long term... ever since I sold 2.5 mllion units of Transcorp at N1 to later see it shoot up astronomically, I've stopped thinking short term. No panic selling for me

We dey the same boat. That thing wey make you buy the first time, if e never change, make we hold am.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:17pm On May 18
SonofElElyonRet:

This is MATURITY in portfolio management

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:20pm On May 18
If you are willing to HOLD any insurance stock for long-term then HOLD REGENCY... Time will reveal more but by then na FULL BID maybe endlessly... And less I forget... Add VITAFOAM and ACCESS BANK for long term anyways

Don't ask me any question about REGENCY as I don't like talking about insurance stocks...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Pifebhor(f): 8:30am On May 19
Please did ARDOVA pay dividend in 2021? What date was the qualification date?

I was not paid dividend before they delisted

mikeapollo:

Oando delisting would be more controversial and would likely trigger stricter conditions and oversight from SEC. Ardova and MRS had been paying dividends consistently. Oando has not in the almost 10 years, hence all eyes would be on them.
I think the SEC would not let them go scot free. Remember the SEC only had to lift their sanctions on Oando after some protracted battle and compromise negotiations. Oando would not be allowed to delist without meeting some reasonable conditions.
Fortunately, SEC has proved itself In rejecting and refusing some companies from delisting in recent times
Oando can still delist eventually, but the price would be higher than the offer price and current market price..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Quitmast: 9:41am On May 19
SonofElElyonRet:

If I may ask, what was your average entry price in Transcorp before you sold it?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 11:22am On May 19
Quitmast:

If I may ask, what was your average entry price in Transcorp before you sold it?
I don't think there's a need for this question !
what do you want to use it for?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 1:23pm On May 19

megawealth01:

I don't recommend insurance stocks anyways

megawealth01:
If you are willing to HOLD any insurance stock for long-term then HOLD REGENCY... Time will reveal more but by then na FULL BID maybe endlessly... And less I forget... Add VITAFOAM and ACCESS BANK for long term anyways

Don't ask me any question about REGENCY as I don't like talking about insurance stocks...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 1:31pm On May 19
Jaiz grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 8:18am On May 20
No matter the economic situation spare some cash for investment. It pays!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 10:00am On May 20
Ding Dong

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 10:00am On May 20
Ding!! wink

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by egojeny1(f): 10:29am On May 20
KarlTom:
Jaiz grin
Pls did Jaiz bank declare any dividend at all for last year?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndept: 10:35am On May 20
egojeny1:

Pls did Jaiz bank declare any dividend at all for last year?
4 kobo was recommended for payment for 2023 financial year. To be approved at the next AGM
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 11:02am On May 20
ndept:
4 kobo was recommended for payment for 2023 financial year. To be approved at the next AGM
Chai... I am see why there is no reaction in the market...
Too damn low
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:05am On May 20
KarlTom:
Jaiz grin

Jaiz bank grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by egojeny1(f): 11:18am On May 20
ndept:
Ok, thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dapix: 11:40am On May 20
The bonanza season is here again, kindly ensure you grab as many units of good stocks as you can.

Also, remember that June is the end of the half year, so there might be some bull around the corner grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 11:42am On May 20
Transcorp @11. Ok!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:49am On May 20
KayOn1:
Transcorp @11. Ok!
My broda, everybody is now moving their funds to tbills and bonds. There is a believe that rates will go even higher.
Alot of cash will leave NSE.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:57am On May 20
I think today is MPC meeting
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Olaide1295: 12:09pm On May 20
Torn between Bonds and equities.
Bonds at 20% is looking really juicy. But this looks like a good time to get into some stocks.
What are you buying/investing in now?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hogwarthtrades: 12:18pm On May 20
OBAGADAFFI:
Yes, MPC is today and tomorrow. Probably expect another round of rate hike maybe 50-100 basis point when the meeting ends tomorrow .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 12:18pm On May 20
Olaide1295:
Torn between Bonds and equities.
Bonds at 20% is looking really juicy. But this looks like a good time to get into some stocks.
What are you buying/investing in now?

If you have huge capital, investing in bonds makes sense.
Fir instance, I intend to use my cash out by buy government securities, (especially treasury bills) and use the upfront interest received to invest in real estates. But this can only make sense with huge sums of money. Otherwise, equities might be a better way to build wealth through capital appreciation of the stocks.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 12:26pm On May 20
mikeapollo:

If you have huge capital, investing in bonds makes sense.
Fir instance, I intend to use my cash out by buy government securities, (especially treasury bills) and use the upfront interest received to invest in real estates. But this can only make sense with huge sums of money. Otherwise, equities might be a better way to build wealth through capital appreciation of the stocks.

what is your idea of huge capital?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 12:26pm On May 20
OBAGADAFFI:

Yeah... The market is being careful grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7776) (7777) (7778) (7779) (7780) (7781) (7782) ... (7799) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.