Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,959 members, 7,863,409 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:17 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7789) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11080780 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7786) (7787) (7788) (7789) (7790) (7791) (7792) ... (7818) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hogwarthtrades: 10:17am On May 27
presiade:
What's up with Morgan Capital's iTrade platform?
apparently fine. Just logged in and out not too long.!.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 10:20am On May 27
Hogwarthtrades:

apparently fine. Just logged in and out not too long.!.
Yes, it's working now. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndept: 10:27am On May 27
Bimmms:
Happy Sunday , pls where is madam ymcy? being long we heard from her , hope all is well with her ?we are one family in NASEMPA , the goal is to generate generational wealth using NASEMPA
She doesn't like the bear market, probably why she has taken time off to relax. I know she may be part of those on ghost mode. Truth be told, she deserves some rest from her selfless work.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omooloriredade: 10:40am On May 27
KarlTom:
Do you mind shedding more light on the bolded?

I know that you can decline to take up the rights but I don't know if it is possible to trade rights. Except you are referring to you exercising your rights then transferring to them later.
Fact is that anyone can register their interest in the RI by simply paying a base fee for the number of units needed using the provided ticker like RRINTBREW24 or RR24INTBREW.
Such individuals will be given preference when the offer closes and some units were not taken by current shareholders... smiley

You can literally trade your rights. The "rights" tickers you see on the secondary market are the rights of shareholders who elected to sell instead of buying more shares. You can buy the rights and pay for the shares. You don't have to wait till offer closes and NO, buyers of rights are not given any preference. It is their RIGHT to acquire the shares by paying the offer price. Any rights not taken up by shareholders can be placed with investors who may be interested.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 11:16am On May 27
Thank you.

The bolded is what I needed clarification on. Though I am not really clear about how to show interest since all remaining shares will be cancelled.

Omooloriredade:

You can literally trade your rights. The "rights" tickers you see on the secondary market are the rights of shareholders who elected to sell instead of buying more shares. You can buy the rights and pay for the shares. You don't have to wait till offer closes and NO, buyers of rights are not given any preference. It is their RIGHT to acquire the shares by paying the offer price. Any rights not taken up by shareholders can be placed with investors who may be interested.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 11:28am On May 27
Pls someone should help me with phn line to reach Morgan capital...thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 11:34am On May 27
+234 811 519 0510
info@morgancapitalgroup.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 11:36am On May 27
SonofElElyonRet:

Last momth I filled at least 4 e dividend mandare forms and sent by email to registrars without bankers confirmation and they were treated. In this day and age of bvn and nin I don't think any registrar still requires bankers signature confirmation

Maybe you already ve e dividend mandate activated for a stock under same registrar.
You don't need a banker's confirmation of signature in that case.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndept: 11:39am On May 27
Streetinvestor2:
Pls someone should help me with phn line to reach Morgan capital...thanks
It is atimes difficult to get morgan on phone o. But if it is urgent, simply send email to their 3 emails at once

tradingdesk@morgancapitalgroup.com
yemisio@morgancapitalgroup.com
info@morgancapitalgroup.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndept: 11:58am On May 27
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 12:21pm On May 27

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SetrakusRa(m): 12:26pm On May 27
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omooloriredade: 12:45pm On May 27
KarlTom:
Thank you.

The bolded is what I needed clarification on. Though I am not really clear about how to show interest since all remaining shares will be cancelled.

Contact your broker just in case a client is looking to sell their rights otherwise you join the bid for the rights on the OTC.

If a company decides to place shares or rights, they would usually do it through a broker/issuing house and it will be to a privileged few such as institutional or "sophisticated" or high net worth investors. It won't be an all-comers affair. Clients of the Issuer or broker may be first at the table too.

Please note this is not a recommendation to buy or sell. Only explaining how it works. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 1:11pm On May 27
ACCESS shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 1:14pm On May 27
Omooloriredade:

Contact your broker just in case a client is looking to sell their rights otherwise you join the bid for the rights on the OTC.

If a company decides to place shares or rights, they would usually do it through a broker/issuing house and it will be to a privileged few such as institutional or "sophisticated" or high net worth investors. It won't be an all-comers affair. Clients of the Issuer or broker may be first at the table too.

Please note this is not a recommendation to buy or sell. Only explaining how it works. Cheers.
Can someone buy RI on NGX during trading hours?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 1:21pm On May 27
KarlTom:
ACCESS shocked shocked shocked
Wetin do am? the trade volumes ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 1:26pm On May 27
YH
Ginalex:
Wetin do am? the trade volumes ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 1:29pm On May 27
Yes you can IF the RI ticker is available (it is not currently listed so you might have to wait)...
Someone said that you can contact the registrar to indicate interest...

Mfunkynation:

Can someone buy RI on NGX during trading hours?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 1:39pm On May 27
leparj:

Maybe you already ve e dividend mandate activated for a stock under same registrar.
You don't need a banker's confirmation of signature in that case.

No. Had no shares with them before then..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 1:44pm On May 27
KarlTom:
YH
I noticed same last week... Make the thing wey dey cook inside quick push the price biko
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 1:58pm On May 27

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 2:02pm On May 27
stcool:

If they like, let them declare N14 EPS Q1 grin grin grin
at the end they will pay 30k dividend grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 3:33pm On May 27
ndept:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/41317_FBN_HOLDINGS_PLC-_QUARTER_1_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2024_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_MAY_2024.pdf

Q1 EPS of 576k as against 138k of previous year
I believe this result is fake!

An 'Intelligent Investor' in Nigeria must see beyond EPS(earning per share);interim and final dividends is/are a true sign(s) that the stocks of a company has real intrinsic value.

EPS can be faked but you cannot fake consistent dividends for like 10 to 15 years.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 3:43pm On May 27
Princkez:
at the end they will pay 30k dividend grin grin grin

Just to play the devil's advocate: what if they were compelled by CBN to reduce dividend payout, judging by the delay in releasing their results?

PS: I only have 1 unit of FBNH at the moment for e-dividend and monitoring purposes. Not any form of recommendation.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 3:59pm On May 27
chillykelly86:

Just to play the devil's advocate: what if they were compelled by CBN to reduce dividend payout, judging by the delay in releasing their results?

PS: I only have 1 unit of FBNH at the moment for e-dividend and monitoring purposes. Not any form of recommendation.

Even if you sell all the units, the registrar would still retain your w dividend data
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 4:07pm On May 27
Equity or Stock Market is like Real Estate(Housing Rental Business).

You built a house for 25 million Naira and could only get 250 thousand Naira as annual rent.

The above example can be likened to someone who bought 1 million units of First Bank shares for 25 million Naira and the person could only get around 3 hundred thousand Naira as dividend.

Both investors from my examples above have made a wrong investment decisions.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 4:08pm On May 27
chillykelly86:

must it be FBNH all the time?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 4:16pm On May 27
Pls who is the issuing house for IB rights. Thr is game that MorganCapital is trying to play me.i want to be sure before I let it out here.And if I confirm it to be what I think then Morgan is not credible
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 4:56pm On May 27
grin grin grin

chillykelly86:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 5:12pm On May 27
SonofElElyonRet:

Even if you sell all the units, the registrar would still retain your w dividend data

Ok. That's good to know. Thanks a lot for this.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 5:17pm On May 27
Princkez:
must it be FBNH all the time?

You know they have been battling through some heavy non-performing loans in the recent past. Could it be that CBN thinks they need to retain more of their earnings due to the impact of that on their financial health?

Omo, this work wey I give myself today. Be like e no go easy oo.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 5:21pm On May 27
SonofElElyonRet:

How sure are you of this statement? I usually retain one unit of a company's shares whenever I want to maintain my dividend mandate with the registrar.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7786) (7787) (7788) (7789) (7790) (7791) (7792) ... (7818) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Digitron and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.