Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,766 members, 7,851,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:01 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (833) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11034234 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) ... (7805) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 1:40pm On May 19, 2015
UBA why are going down again?...........
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 1:51pm On May 19, 2015
mercylicious:
I didn't buy anything today. Skyebank dey fear me, it will gain but d the reverse is likely to be sharp . The ppl that have d stock am interested in dont want to sell.

Anyway, am waiting for another bear. I need to drink origin.
When that bear comes you will be scared to enter market, and start waiting for another bull.
Analysis paralysis.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 1:59pm On May 19, 2015
unitybank will give 15% soon

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 2:00pm On May 19, 2015
zendi:
When that bear comes you will be scared to enter market, and start waiting for another bull.
Analysis paralysis.
lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:05pm On May 19, 2015
[quote author=angelo82 post=33889611]Yeah....That meeting is important.......

Will there be any major changes ? Don't think so , maybe after may 29th .. Well never can tell , lets wait and see the outcome
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 2:22pm On May 19, 2015
What is wrong with Skye?.........The price just dey static...........

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 2:23pm On May 19, 2015
Its all probabilities but some people are watching if the currency will be devalued again and that will have a serious bear effect on the market.........

[quote author=lancee post=33890470][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 2:23pm On May 19, 2015
FrankTalk1:

I too have been in your shoes. Can't find a good bargain since morning.
Hope we are not eyeing the same stocks? Any clues as to your prospective buys? wink

did all my buying late last year!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 3:09pm On May 19, 2015
This should be good news for the market,I guess..............

http://nairametrics.com/b-r-e-a-k-i-n-g-cbn-reduces-public-sector-crr-to-33/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 3:53pm On May 19, 2015
Highlights of the MPC meeting:

§ The Monetary Policy Committee left the MPR unchanged at 13% with a corridor of +/-200bps.

§ Liquidity ratio was also maintained at 30%.

§ CRR on Public and Private sector was harmonised to 31% (CRR on Private sector was 20% while Public sector was 75%)

source: investment one
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by paulcube: 4:32pm On May 19, 2015
sellydion:

§ The Monetary Policy Committee left the MPR unchanged at 13% with a corridor of +/-200bps.

§ CRR on Public and Private sector was harmonised to 31% (CRR on Private sector was 20% while Public sector was 75%)

This favors banks, especially Skye bank at this time. There is a lot of good news driving and will drive this Skye rally.... and very soon another massive rally.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 4:50pm On May 19, 2015
paulcube:
This favors banks, especially Skye bank at this time. There is a lot of good news driving and will drive this Skye rally.... and very soon another massive rally.

the news favors banks that are heavy in public sector funds like FBHN and Zenith...

however this should also add some bullishness to the fixed income markets and considering the facts that most banks make a lot of income from their trades here..it should impart positively for them;

in all i will be going in for Zenith asap
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 19, 2015
feelamong:

the news favors banks that are heavy in public sector funds like FBHN and Zenith...

however this should also add some bullishness to the fixed income markets and considering the facts that most banks make a lot of income from their trades here..it should impart positively for them;

in all i will be going in for Zenith asap

Sir, are you saying banking stocks are in long run on bullish trend...lol grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 5:10pm On May 19, 2015
myjoy08:

Sir, are you saying banking stocks are in long run on bullish trend...lol grin
Monkey ... lipsrsealed grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 5:10pm On May 19, 2015
finished loading AFRIPRUD... shocked shocked shocked, lets see wat happens
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:14pm On May 19, 2015
megainvest:
For those looking out for a good deal, study Berger Paints closely. You may find it attractive. Please do your DD; I'm just trying to be helpful here not monkey hunting. wink

Sir, are u one of the "M's?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 19, 2015
Agbalowomeri:

M's is an alphabet...lol grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 5:26pm On May 19, 2015
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:26pm On May 19, 2015
On selling stocks!

I have a long term perspective to stock market investment. However, I learnt to sell stocks whenever the cowboys are in town and to return with more units when the hunters have left, most times giving myself huge bonus. For example, I sold all my afriprud around 3.3-3.4, re-entered at 2.5. I intend to sell again between now and July if it gets above 4, otherwise till march, 2016 when uncle T and boys returns. I will sell my eterna the next time the coy declares dividend

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 19, 2015
Foreign Reserves up from $29.34 billion by end of March 2015 to $30.05 billion as at May 15, 2015...!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 19, 2015
Please can any of the elders in the house with good Financial background or depth explain the report below?

sellydion:

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GudluckIBB(m): 7:18pm On May 19, 2015
myjoy08:
Foreign Reserves up from $29.34 billion by end of March 2015 to $30.05 billion as at May 15, 2015...!

Becos Buhari has won they are building foreign reserve ! We are watching
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:40pm On May 19, 2015
myjoy08:

Mr. Bull enjoy ya season, Chiboking will soon take over
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 7:55pm On May 19, 2015
Agbalowomeri:

For where people like Moneysage, myjoy08 and mercylicious dey? I still dey learn work o. Meanwhile, you must be one of the A's. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kagame: 7:57pm On May 19, 2015
sellydion:

The outcome of the MPC meeting does not look like it would alter the current dynamics of the markets.

If I am not mistaken, FG has begun the implementation of the Treasury Single Account (TSA) ,which means all monies belonging and accruable to the FG,parastatals and MDAs are currently domiciled with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). Hence, a reduction on CRR on public sector deposits is simply an official adjustment to existing realities.

I would rather be a bit worried because the MPC seems to have increased the CRR on private sector deposits, while still retaining the liquidity ratio at 30%.

The net effect would likely be poor liquidity and an increase in the cost of funds for banks and financial institutions.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 8:42pm On May 19, 2015
The National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) is a trading platform for secondary market transactions of unquoted/unlisted public limited companies in Nigeria.  The NASD, also known as OTC (OVER THE COUNTER) is a market for unquoted securities.

Operators in this environment include issuers of Equity and fixed income instruments, institutional and individual investors, settlement banks, clearing houses, private equity and venture capital firms with a view to increasing liquidity in the unquoted segment of the long-term market.  Forthright Securities and Investment Limited is one of the accredited authorised traders in this market.

Some of the securities currently being traded on the NASD platform are: FRIESLAND CAMPINA NIGERIA PLC, BGL PLC, ARM LIFE PLC, ARM PROPERTIES PLC, IKEJA ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION PLC, AFRILAND PROPERTIES PLC, CSCS NIGERIA PLC, NIGER DELTA EXPLORATION PLC, amongst others.

Take advantage
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 8:47pm On May 19, 2015
mercylicious:
I didn't buy anything today. Skyebank dey fear me, it will gain but d the reverse is likely to be sharp . The ppl that have d stock am interested in dont want to sell.

Anyway, am waiting for another bear. I need to drink origin.
I want to sell uba now how do you see it?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:56pm On May 19, 2015
Skye will loose 2mr

#In"Aks"Voice
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 19, 2015
Agbalowomeri:
Skye will loose 2mr

#In"Aks"Voice

Lobatan grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 9:24pm On May 19, 2015
Do they trade forex in this market?....................

Toluway:
The National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) is a trading platform for secondary market transactions of unquoted/unlisted public limited companies in Nigeria.  The NASD, also known as OTC (OVER THE COUNTER) is a market for unquoted securities.

Operators in this environment include issuers of Equity and fixed income instruments, institutional and individual investors, settlement banks, clearing houses, private equity and venture capital firms with a view to increasing liquidity in the unquoted segment of the long-term market.  Forthright Securities and Investment Limited is one of the accredited authorised traders in this market.

Some of the securities currently being traded on the NASD platform are: FRIESLAND CAMPINA NIGERIA PLC, BGL PLC, ARM LIFE PLC, ARM PROPERTIES PLC, IKEJA ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION PLC, AFRILAND PROPERTIES PLC, CSCS NIGERIA PLC, NIGER DELTA EXPLORATION PLC, amongst others.

Take advantage

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Youngzedd(m): 9:41pm On May 19, 2015
Agbalowomeri:
On selling stocks!

I have a long term perspective to stock market investment. However, I learnt to sell stocks whenever the cowboys are in town and to return with more units when the hunters have left, most times giving myself huge bonus. For example, I sold all my afriprud around 3.3-3.4, re-entered at 2.5. I intend to sell again between now and July if it gets above 4, otherwise till march, 2016 when uncle T and boys returns. I will sell my eterna the next time the coy declares dividend

The Presido of JIJO masters grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 9:43pm On May 19, 2015
Please note that the above was sent into my mailbox by one of my brokers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) ... (7805) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: phemmie06(m), presiade(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.