Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,753 members, 7,851,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:32 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (846) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11033886 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) ... (7805) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:49am On May 26, 2015
Can fcmb break the n3 naira support line today?
Someone give me a snapshot of the bid and offer.

As it is now, na only unitybank waka come market today. Does it have to do with the swearing in of Bihari? We all know unity bank is bank of the north.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 10:51am On May 26, 2015
any news on unity bank.... doing 5% up dis morning
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by JAS10: 11:03am On May 26, 2015
i was at the regisrars office somtym last week and dey advised me to wait for six monts b4 complainin.
ogoo4real:
Please house has anyone received UBA, UBCAP & AFRPRUD dividend warrants through Nipost because am yet to receive anyone of them.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 11:29am On May 26, 2015
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maslong(m): 11:31am On May 26, 2015
please house, who knows if skye bank bonus has been credited ?.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 11:41am On May 26, 2015
mercylicious:
@house,
I received fcmb annual result for 2014. I am so surprised as after many jijo, I bought at the markdown price-2.55 but it later regained the losses that day and closed at abt 2.7x naira.

Having bought at the mark down price, I don't expect dividend or annual report.
Who knows if I will still receive dividend. I wonder if they use that names on the register at close of day on mark down day.
Madam, pls can u confirm if mark-down date is same date as closure of register date?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 11:44am On May 26, 2015
mercylicious:
Can fcmb break the n3 naira support line today?
Someone give me a snapshot of the bid and offer.

As it is now, na only unitybank waka come market today. Does it have to do with the swearing in of Bihari? We all know unity bank is bank of the north.
FCMB bid= 5.5million, offer = 4.2million.
N3 support line broken. now N3.10!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 26, 2015
OakPearl:

Madam, pls can u confirm if mark-down date is same date as closure of register date?

I seem not to know anything abt these things these days.
B4 now, the close of register is done after trading hours of closure date and mark down is done same time. Stock resumes trading at that mark down price the next day. But these days, it seems its done during trading hours. You see a depressed price and suddenly, u hear its been marked down.

Oga yemo and others, abeg come put mouth for this matter.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 26, 2015
OakPearl:

FCMB bid= 5.5million, offer = 4.2million.
N3 support line broken. now N3.10!

Support is different from resistance. Fcmb seems to be having abt 3naira support and about 3.30 naira resistance for a while .
If the 3naira support lone is broken, the price goes lower than n3 , if it breaks resistance, it will trade above the resistance price.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 12:23pm On May 26, 2015
mercylicious:

B4 now, the close of register is done after trading hours of closure date and mark down is done same time. Stock resumes trading at that mark down price the next day. But these days, it seems its done during trading hours. You see a depressed price and suddenly, u hear its been marked down.

We dealt extensively with the whole dividend dates thing a few pages back (Read from pages 747 - 751).

This was the summary after all the discussions:

https://www.nairaland.com/1131485/nigerian-stock-exchange-market-pick/751#32818150

1. If you want a dividend you should buy at least one day before the ex-div date.
2. Ex-div date is the day the stock price is adjusted (mark down). From that day forward, you no longer qualify for dividend.
3. Closure date or Record date is usually a number of days after the ex-div date and it varies. This date is set to accommodate those who bought a day to ex-div date.
4. NSE dates are mixed up. Sometimes they report qualification date, others ex-div date and others record date.
5. The terms closure date and qualification date are misused sometimes.
6. To be 100% sure and avoid confusion, always ensure you have bought the stock at least 3 days to the first quoted date.

Over time we have seen that there is no consistency in the way these dates are presented on NSE hence our advise that you should buy at least 3 days to the first quoted date (except it is clearly stated in the corporate action document which date is the qualification date). We have also seen that many stocks reverse after they pay dividend so this is another thing to bear in mind.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 12:24pm On May 26, 2015
Just got the alert for my FBNh dividend. But yet to get my bonus shares. When will my account be credited with the bonus shares

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 12:28pm On May 26, 2015
They said crediting bonuses will usually take 1 to 3months............I have not received any dividend in my account though............

bigass:
Just got the alert for my FBNh dividend. But yet to get my bonus shares. When will my account be credited with the bonus shares
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 12:30pm On May 26, 2015
9free:

Nothing yet oh. I don wait for alert tire oh
I don get alert... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 26, 2015
bigass:
Biggie don get alert.. Na Godwin
Bigass, is ur hubby on nairaland? I saw someone with username bigass123

I wanted to ask him if he is a father of one..

grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 12:34pm On May 26, 2015
Agbalowomeri:

Did u return it? grin

Pls how do I return it and who will now possess the possession.

@ Jas get the info straight. I am trying to highlight irregularities in different situations
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 12:40pm On May 26, 2015
wats happening in WAPIC... over 230m traded
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 12:41pm On May 26, 2015
mercylicious:

Biggie don get alert.. Na Godwin
Bigass, is ur hubby on nairaland? I saw someone with username bigass123

grin

Doubt if he's on Nairaland. Hes too busy for all these things. Even if he's ,he won't tell me. Coded things
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 1:00pm On May 26, 2015
grin
mercylicious:
Biggie don get alert.. Na Godwin Bigass, is ur hubby on nairaland? I saw someone with username bigass123
grin
grin[quote author=mercylicious post=34107326] Biggie don get alert.. Na Godwin Bigass, is ur hubby on nairaland? I saw someone with username bigass123
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 26, 2015
As we are approaching another phase of transition, We should take a took at the following stocks below and do your due diligence if anyone of them meets our investment objectives:

Access Bank
UBA
FBNH
Dangote Cement
Africa Prudential
United capital
Livestock feed
Transcorp
Oando

Your Decision is FINAL!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 1:25pm On May 26, 2015
megainvest:

We dealt extensively with the whole dividend dates thing a few pages back (Read from pages 747 - 751).

This was the summary after all the discussions:

https://www.nairaland.com/1131485/nigerian-stock-exchange-market-pick/751#32818150

Over time we have seen that there is no consistency in the way these dates are presented on NSE hence our advise that you should buy at least 3 days to the first quoted date (except it is clearly stated in the corporate action document which date is the qualification date). We have also seen that many stocks reverse after they pay dividend so this is another thing to bear in mind.
thanks very much mega & mercy (M & M)...matter fully dealt with.
Looking to explore the possibility of jijo post-markdown in upcoming results.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 1:25pm On May 26, 2015
Thanks my08joy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 1:27pm On May 26, 2015
mercylicious:

Thanks "M"... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Youngzedd(m): 1:47pm On May 26, 2015
myjoy08:
As we are approaching another phase of transition, We should take a took at the following stocks below and do your due diligence if anyone of them meets our investment objectives:

Access Bank
UBA
FBNH
Dangote Cement
Africa Prudential
United capital
Livestock feed
Transcorp
Oando

Your Decision is FINAL!

We must make money this year.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 1:58pm On May 26, 2015
Got alert for FBNH too for holdings in two stockbroking firm,waiting for one..............
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:01pm On May 26, 2015
angelo82:
Got alert for FBNH too for holdings in two stockbroking firm,waiting for one..............

Still waiting ..No alert yet
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 2:05pm On May 26, 2015
Seems like they are doing it one by one..........Old school thing...... grin grin grin

lancee:

Still waiting ..No alert yet
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tjohn1(m): 2:13pm On May 26, 2015
FBNH alert just entered.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FrankTalk1: 2:19pm On May 26, 2015
myjoy08:

Access Bank
UBA
FBNH
Dangote Cement
Africa Prudential
United capital
Livestock feed
Transcorp
Oando

Your Decision is FINAL!

Good line up you have there MyJoy.
I think investors should have AT LEAST one holding from each sector above so as to have a well diversified portfolio:
* Access or FBNH or UBA
* Oando
* Transcorp
* live stock
* afriprud or ubcap

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 26, 2015
All of una wey dey received alert, Make u remember all your BNSILT wey no get access to such alert lol

grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sokijosh: 4:59pm On May 26, 2015
Na only me no get alert. You guys no tell us to buy fbnh?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:09pm On May 26, 2015
Me self get one yeye alert from FBNH pre-2008 crash things
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Comsol: 5:11pm On May 26, 2015
myjoy08:

Access Bank
UBA
FBNH
Dangote Cement
Africa Prudential
United capital
Livestock feed
Transcorp
Oando

Your Decision is FINAL!

Myjoy08, are these men in town yet?

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) ... (7805) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: athorello(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.