Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,314 members, 7,860,762 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:46 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11068494 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (7816) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 9:15am On Jun 27, 2013
sellydion: Some insurance coys are already in compliance with IFRS and income recognition based on cash . The delay is killing. They should let the cat out of the bag. Borntoberich- I seriously need another grammar.

Happy investing

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 9:16am On Jun 27, 2013
stockbear: Breadth of fresh air in d market today..praying for a better end

stockbull and now stockbear

okay o

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 9:25am On Jun 27, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

stockbull and now stockbear

okay o
i had my nose smile
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 9:29am On Jun 27, 2013
stockbull:
i had my nose smile

are you also stockbear or you have a twin brother in the house.. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 9:43am On Jun 27, 2013
Nigeria Stock Exchange:

1. Market halts 4-day losing streak; NSE ASI climbs by +0.96%

2. Penny Stocks showing Positive Posture: Changing Emphasis?

3. Trading in non-listed securities begins next week

4. Investment ONE gathers financial analysts & researchers to X-RAY Nigerian market

5. Union Bank Plc gains +10.00% as investors leverage on new support level

6. Q3 ’13 - High expectations as Financial Sector counts on Banking Stocks

7. FCMB Group Plc Announces Final Implementation of its HoldCo Structure

8. Unity Bank to Raise Share Capital to N40bn

9. UACN to consolidate acquisitions by 2015

Source: www.proshareng.com

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbear: 9:49am On Jun 27, 2013
Wat is the implication of Unity bank raising its share capital to 40bn
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 10:15am On Jun 27, 2013
@Kalan- You made a lot of sense in your post. Like you said, I do the buy signals most of the time and my stockbroker do call me to ask where i do get my info from cos 80% of the time, i always hit it big based on my personal trend analysis/sentiments ard.

Implication of raising capital for Unity bank IMO is that the share price might be pushed to a new height (short term)thereafter price stability set in 'dancing in the region of 0.50 - 0.56' (REGULATED)for a long time b4 market fundamentals do the magic later on
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 10:21am On Jun 27, 2013
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 10:21am On Jun 27, 2013
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 11:00am On Jun 27, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kalan: 12:03pm On Jun 27, 2013
kalan:

strategic Buyers should go in now.. the market bears are waning...ready for the Bulls uppercut.
yesterday 7,377 deals is a positive signal alert.

That was 2 -days ago.
still got time till tomorrow to take position...
next week u wont see your stock to buy, most will be on bid!

remember i told u so. wink
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 1:28pm On Jun 27, 2013
NASD to start trading on unlisted securities July 2

Posted by: Taofik Salako in Equities4 days ago

Investors who are interested in buying and selling equities of unquoted companies such as MTN Nigeria Limited, West African Milk Company (Wamco), Fan Milk Plc, Nigerian Bottling Company and Citibank Nigeria among others, will have a more organised and transparent trading platform to trade their shares on July 2 with the commencement of operations of the NASD.

Formerly known as the National Association of Securities Dealers, NASD Plc is a registered over-the-counter (OTC) trading platform for unquoted securities including equities and bonds. NASD is owned by several investment and financial institutions as well as strategic investors. The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) holds 6.86 per cent equity stake in the NASD, which is registered by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as an organised trading platform for unlisted securities.

At a press briefing at the weekend, managing director, NASD Plc, Mr. Bola Ajomale, said arrangements had been concluded for the formal launching of market on July 1 while trading will commence on July 2, 2013.

He said the emergence of NASD will give investors the opportunity to buy and sell unquoted securities in an organised and transparent market, which will enhance the liquidity of shares not listed on the NSE.

According to him, all investment instruments approved by SEC could be traded on its platform including shares of unlisted multinational companies.

“We will open up with equities and bonds many of which are currently being traded on the black or grey market in the first phase,” Ajomale said.

He added after the initial formative period, the NASD will move to trading on commercial papers and other complex instruments such as derivatives and options.

He pointed out that as an OTC markt, the NASD would not have a trading floor like traditional Exchange but rather trading will be done through the internet and a hosted platform leased from the NSE.”

He added that the company had developed an integrated market system made up of the Central Securities Clearing System, six settlement banks and some registrars to ensure smooth operations while 40 brokers have been registered to trade on the market.

“Our vision is to create a market that is accessible throughout West Africa. We intend to become the hub of first call for capital formation in West Africa and we are guided by the principles of Integrity, Performance and transparency in all our dealings with every point of contact- be they investors, issuers, regulators business partners and especially your good selves,” Ajomale said.

He enthused that NASD would fuel economic growth in the West African sub-region by developing and operating active markets that adhere to the highest standards of performance and principles of integrity while also creating value for its stakeholders and the investing public.

According to him, by offering more liquidity in investment instruments to the Nigerian capital market, NASD will play a crucial role in the ability of Nigeria to sustain a real growth rate of above 7.0 per cent per annum and ensure that desired capital intensive projects can get cheaper and faster access to funding.

On the modus operandi or trading, Ajomale said that there would be no circuit breaker on pricing of equities as they would be priced based on performance and available information in the market.

proshareng.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxisreal: 1:30pm On Jun 27, 2013
kalan:

That was 2 -days ago.
still got time till tomorrow to take position...
next week u wont see your stock to buy, most will be on bid!

remember i told u so. wink

i said it last month is not buying time rather it selling time. yet we have not get to the time of serious buying it will just be raging for now and only brokers and those close to them that can benefit from day trading now. selling will still hit d mkt in couple of month especially when the children about to resume school after the comming holiday. put ur cash under the vitaform mattress for now as some oga use to say.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 2:00pm On Jun 27, 2013
fxisreal:

i said it last month is not buying time rather it selling time. yet we have not get to the time of serious buying it will just be raging for now and only brokers and those close to them that can benefit from day trading now. selling will still hit d mkt in couple of month especially when the children about to resume school after the comming holiday. put ur cash under the vitaform mattress for now as some oga use to say.
Oh Boy!!! which Feed be this? Abeg how I fit access dey site you got this image from?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 3:22pm On Jun 27, 2013
Can somebody give me Dangote sugar, Presco, Honeyflour and skye bank Of course it is buying time.

Happy investing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gosj(m): 3:55pm On Jun 27, 2013
fxisreal:

Plz Sir Fxisreal, what is the name of the site you quoted above?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxisreal: 4:10pm On Jun 27, 2013
9free:
Oh Boy!!! which Feed be this? Abeg how I fit access dey site you got this image from?

gosj:
Plz Sir Fxisreal, what is the name of the site you quoted above?

mate, it's not a site, thatz potion of my stock account statement i pasted.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbear: 5:00pm On Jun 27, 2013
Julius berger gaining rising momentum....

Advise from broker

Unity
Nahco
Okomu
Diamond
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 7:35pm On Jun 27, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

non of the above
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nereiskc(m): 7:41pm On Jun 27, 2013
Good evening pals, pls when is the payment and allotment dates of okomuoil coy of their 2012 FYE., 2ndly, must one fill something like allotment forms for city securities limited (registrar of okomuoil) to claim his benefit...... Your ans will b highly appreciated.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 7:01am On Jun 28, 2013
[quote author=fxisreal]

i said it last month is not buying time rather it selling time. yet we have not get to the time of serious buying it will just be raging for now and only brokers and those close to them that can benefit from day trading now. selling will still hit d mkt in couple of month especially when the children about to resume school after the comming holiday. put ur cash under the vitaform mattress for now as HELLO OGA STOCKBULL,BORN 2BE RICH,TOLUWAY E.T.C HOW TRUE IS THIS POST?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 8:43am On Jun 28, 2013
[quote author=ihedioramma][/quote]

Really I doubted the post myself when I saw it yesterday embarassed

Happy Investing
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 9:55am On Jun 28, 2013
With the clarification of the Federal Reserve officials in US as per the Bond purchase.. the market is set to continue on its way up...

Really pity all those that panicly ran away from stocks and sold off their good stocks at ridiculous prices..

My only regret was that i did not get to buy enough of the Skye bank when it dropped so well due to my price limits...maybe next time i will remove the limits... I will start to attack dangote sugar now... My portfolio don get too much bank stocks!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 11:35am On Jun 28, 2013
Ihedioramma

I looked at NSE chart from July 2012 to date. Please join me in looking at it, House. I tried to paste it here but it couldnt be copied. I am looking at last year historical chart to date.
The bull continued through june to july. I only saw bearish lines in respect of August, October and November and the bulls started again from early December and by January, all the retracements had been cancelled.
How can we ralate this to what the guy said. Was he talking about Aug., Oct., and November? Can we use this rough historical data for our analysis and come out with a position? No one can predict the market though...

The dialectics continues
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kalan: 12:39pm On Jun 28, 2013
Toluway: Ihedioramma

I looked at NSE chart from July 2012 to date. Please join me in looking at it, House. I tried to paste it here but it couldnt be copied. I am looking at last year historical chart to date.
The bull continued through june to july. I only saw bearish lines in respect of August, October and November and the bulls started again from early December and by January, all the retracements had been cancelled.
How can we ralate this to what the guy said. Was he talking about Aug., Oct., and November? Can we use this rough historical data for our analysis and come out with a position? No one can predict the market though...

The dialectics continues

Tolu this market NSE dont respect History, its follows it own dynamics, its called the Nigerian factor.
History is as good as its future equivalence.

The world economy and environmental forces facing the market these days are too much for history to catch up with.
Like Gates rightly said Business is now at the speed of thought.

we can only predict what we know- a lot is going on that we dont know.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 1:11pm On Jun 28, 2013
I quite agree with you Kalan, I was only opening the floor, in an attempt to respond to Ihedioramma's question, in respect to our friend, who espoused that, this is not the time to buy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 2:10pm On Jun 28, 2013
Toluway: Ihedioramma

The dialectics continues

[quote author=ihedioramma][/quote]

The guy's post does not have enough information for us to know what/when he was actually talking about. Perhaps, he can throw more lights on it. High volume and increase in price indicates there was a lot of buying but it also indicates an equal amount of selling. You may think it is time for selling but the truth is as you are selling, others are buying. For a transaction to take place, there must be a buyer and a seller. It is the price that will tell if the pressure was on demand or supply. So unless you apply market psychology or the law of demand and supply to what's happening in the market, you stand a good chance of misinterpreting what's actually happening. Some of us have been buying recently and have made cool profits...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxisreal: 2:17pm On Jun 28, 2013
There is no bad time to enter the market what am saying for example those who enter market this month is better than who bought last month and am sure those who will enter in few month time will surely better than those who currently buying.
market is like what we are seeing it can not definitely falling, there will be a pause for lit upward then ranging till the time of serious buying.
i will refer to my post by sept/oct time. already sold all my penny stock looking to sell more of d cap stock for fresh entry.
happy investing
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxisreal: 2:21pm On Jun 28, 2013
[quote author=kalan]

Tolu this market NSE dont respect History, its follows it own dynamics, its called the Nigerian factor.
History is as good as its future equivalence.
[quote]

this mkt respect history, if not why do we base decision at times on technical analysis. the mkt did except we have exceptional yeah sha
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 3:01pm On Jun 28, 2013
sellydion:

Really I doubted the post myself when I saw it yesterday embarassed

Happy Investing
OK NOW LETS SE.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 3:10pm On Jun 28, 2013
[quote author=Toluway]Ihedioramma

How can we ralate this to what the guy said. OK NOW LET US FORGET THAT.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 3:28pm On Jun 28, 2013
[quote author=fxisreal]There is no bad time to enter the market what am saying for example those who enter market this month is better than who bought last month and am sure those who will enter in few month time will surely better than those who currently buying.
market is like what we are seeing it can not definitely falling, there will be a pause for lit upward then ranging till the time of serious buying. THANK'S NOW I UNDERSTAND AM BUYING OANDO ON MONDAY I ALL TRY OCT AS U SAY AND BUY MORE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (7816) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Choiceguy, chillykelly86(m), ikemeze, eziokwunwoko(m), talktofemi, Bizibi(m), Krisuba, robobo, onegentleguy, Streetinvestor2, Blackman101 and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.