Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (908) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10949005 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) (910) (911) ... (7776) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hbrednic: 10:33am On Jun 24, 2015
All i can see for now is a luxurious bus with an old man as the chauffeur,
after 6hrs of leaving Lagos,you woke up to see Welcome to Ijebu ode,the home town of origil ijebu garri grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cyriacusifeco: 10:39am On Jun 24, 2015
Hello BNSITL, does anyone know how much of the unclaimed dividends Africaprud will have to return to client companies in line with the latest rule on unclaimed dividends. And how such will impact profitability

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 24, 2015
Cyriacusifeco:
Hello BNSITL, does anyone know how much of the unclaimed dividends Africaprud will have to return to client companies in line with the latest rule on unclaimed dividends. And how such will impact profitability

Cyriacus, are u related to zebrudaya okorigwe nwodo alias 4.30?
@ house, has d rule taken effect? Plz let's know the % of afriprud profit that is due to unclaimed div.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 24, 2015
PETERiCHY:

And that's exactly what will happen. I said it sometime ago that if you are not in for a long term i.e 4yrs above.

Then better sell off your holdings and go in Agricultural and food related ventures.

Bcuz presently the Nigeria economy is nothing to write home about and very soon a lot of pigs will get slaughtered. he that has ears let him hear.
Most Stocks value are fundamentally sound but the problem is the shambolic state of Nigeria economy. It pays more if u can cherry pick fundamentally healthy stocks at a fairly valued prices and nurture them for at least one to two years
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 11:37am On Jun 24, 2015
Mr market is laughing at all the analyses above. grin

At the appropriate time, which I believe is any moment from now, the market will zoom upward.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Moneysage: 11:40am On Jun 24, 2015
angrybull:

Most Stocks value are fundamentally sound but the problem is the shambolic state of Nigeria economy. It pays more if u can cherry pick fundamentally healthy stocks at a fairly valued prices and nurture them for at least one to two years

Sir JOYFULLbull, methinks picking healthy stocks isn't a challenge (for those with cash reserves). The quandary is when the stocks will perform and whether one is able to shoulder further slump after one's entry.

BTW, did you say 'shambolic'? Na to go buy Black's Law Dictionary before una go kee me for this thread. grin grin grin. cc:Oga Born2berich and Bishop ihedi of life grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 11:48am On Jun 24, 2015
I saw the CEO of Morgan Capital on twitter. He is a politician ooo. Na APC sef I cropped his twitter profile

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 24, 2015
jamace:
Mr market is laughing at all the analyses above. grin

At the appropriate time, which I believe is any moment from now, the market will zoom upward.
Big amen for that grin. Your mind must be where you keep your wealth grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 12:30pm On Jun 24, 2015
angrybull:

Big amen for that grin. Your mind must be where you keep your wealth grin
Technically, Stocks like OANDO and FBNH have been screaming "BUY" for about 15 trading days now.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Machine075: 12:35pm On Jun 24, 2015
Cyriacusifeco:

Pls BNSITL, when all this dividends are returned to clients company. What will be the faith of those who Owned such dividend? Can the dividend still be claimed?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cadno(m): 12:43pm On Jun 24, 2015
jamace:
Technically, Stocks like OANDO and FBNH have been screaming "BUY" for about 15 trading days now.
Nothing Driving FBNh, am waiting at N5 junction with my .....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 24, 2015
Machine075:

Pls BNSITL, when all this dividends are returned to clients company. What will be the faith of those who Owned such dividend? Can the dividend still be claimed?
I think your dividend can be claim until after 10 years. Then that is when you lose your right to claim the dividend
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 1:15pm On Jun 24, 2015
cadno:

Nothing Driving FBNh, am waiting at N5 junction with my .....
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Machine075: 1:37pm On Jun 24, 2015
angrybull:

I think your dividend can be claim until after 10 years. Then that is when you lose your right to claim the dividend

Tnks..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bovis(m): 1:41pm On Jun 24, 2015
angelo82:
Zenith Capital is one yawa firm...........One word avoid anything that has to do with them...................
Thanks for sharing your experience. Zenith Securities no doubt is one big fraudulent company. They never execute your sale orders On time, claiming there're no bids. However, Have been able to sell same stock through Morgan Itrade.

I believe Zenith Securities somehow Trade clients account without their knowledge and profits from it
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2015
The kain traffic wey dey for Afriprud ehn! Abeg make una allow the thing come down to 2.6 na shuuuuu
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 24, 2015
@bigass, these are the kind of ppl we need in politics. Young , intelligent and resourceful.
They are the people that can think outside the box and bring the change we yearn for. Not recycling old politicians that are only after their allowances and are used to doing things the same way and expecting different result.

That CEO has changed my life via I trade. He has proven things can be done differently and better.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 5:04pm On Jun 24, 2015
angrybull:

Unclaimed dividend becomes irredeemable after 12yrs not 10yrs.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 5:14pm On Jun 24, 2015
mercylicious:

Cyriacus, are u related to zebrudaya okorigwe nwodo alias 4.30?
@ house, has d rule taken effect? Plz let's know the % of afriprud profit that is due to unclaimed div.

Unclaimed dividends are not part of APR profit, but it is part of the money invested by APR.

According to the annual report, APR has over N9.2 billion in cash, N5.4 billion in Treasury Bills, N13.7 billion in customers' deposits ie dividends, public offers returned money, intersts, they also have N10.9 billion as unclaimed dividend as at 31st December 2014

You can see that the company is small but it is sitting on huge cash, why you think say Uncle Tony make sure say his brother is a director in the company and this guy and another nominee of Tony are members of the 3 man committee of the board's investment and finance committee.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 5:19pm On Jun 24, 2015
angrybull:

Some stocks on NASD are not doing badly for the long term investors. Currently have 3 stocks on NASD, one of them is now close to N300. The one selling for about N300 on NASD is more liquid than some stocks on NSE.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 5:30pm On Jun 24, 2015
Agbalowomeri:
The kain traffic wey dey for Afriprud ehn! Abeg make una allow the thing come down to 2.6 na shuuuuu
2.6 OR 1.6?.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by davide470(m): 6:04pm On Jun 24, 2015
manie:

Some stocks on NASD are not doing badly for the long term investors. Currently have 3 stocks on NASD, one of them is now close to N300. The one selling for about N300 on NASD is more liquid than some stocks on NSE.
WAMCO right? That have been the toast of the OTC market for a while now, as also seen in the recent BGL transaction..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:15pm On Jun 24, 2015
davide470:
WAMCO right? That have been the toast of the OTC market for a while now, as also seen in the recent BGL transaction..

No be this WAMCO dey sell for 500 when OTC started?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 24, 2015
PETERiCHY:

Unclaimed dividend becomes irredeemable after 12yrs not 10yrs.
Right!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 24, 2015
manie:

Yes, some OTC stocks are doing well but the problem is that OTC stocks can be easily manipulated unlike stocks in NSE because of very close monitoring by regulatory bodies ie SEC, CSCS etc.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by davide470(m): 6:24pm On Jun 24, 2015
Agbalowomeri:

Na the same FBNH dey sell for 42 when the Market start, and IntBrew for 50kobo.

Forget Long term! Trade while it is still day.

#MyPersonalPhilosophy. wink

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 6:28pm On Jun 24, 2015
davide470:

Yes
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 6:29pm On Jun 24, 2015
angrybull:

Yes, some OTC stocks are doing well but the problem is that OTC stocks can be easily manipulated unlike stocks in NSE because of very close monitoring by regulatory bodies ie SEC, CSCS etc.

SEC and CSCS also monitors NASD. Most stocks on NASD are not good, but some are money spinners for the long term investors.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 6:31pm On Jun 24, 2015
Agbalowomeri:

I was able to get mine for between N275 and N285.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 24, 2015
manie:

Unclaimed dividends are not part of APR profit, but it is part of the money invested by APR.

According to the annual report, APR has over N9.2 billion in cash, N5.4 billion in Treasury Bills, N13.7 billion in customers' deposits ie dividends, public offers returned money, intersts, they also have N10.9 billion as unclaimed dividend as at 31st December 2014

You can see that the company is small but it is sitting on huge cash, why you think say Uncle Tony make sure say his brother is a director in the company and this guy and another nominee of Tony are members of the 3 man committee of the board's investment and finance committee.

From your analysis above. One can deduce that Afriprud is investing with investors money ie money that is not theirs not even invested in their company only that the money is temporarily unclaimed by the owners. Now the regulatory body has instructed them to return all the unclaimed dividend. What do you think that will happen to their balance sheet in years to come. If they rely on unclaimed dividend for their business venture then with this policy, there is imminent danger!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 6:35pm On Jun 24, 2015
manie:

I was able to get mine for between N275 and N285.

The other stocks I have on NASD are Afriland Properties and CSCS. Try and get the annual report of CSCS to have and an idea of the growth and money spinning ability of this company.

CSCS is in charge of shares traded on NSE and NASD, also in charge of the FMD and the proposed commodity exchange. But the shares of CSCS are very difficult to get, I have just 8000 units.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 6:48pm On Jun 24, 2015
angrybull:

From your analysis above. One can deduce that Afriprud is investing with investors money ie money that is not theirs not even invested in their company only that the money is temporarily unclaimed by the owners. Now the regulatory body has instructed them to return all the unclaimed dividend. What do you think that will happen to their balance sheet in years to come. If they rely on unclaimed dividend for their business venture then with this policy, there is imminent danger!

They earned N856 million from registrars income, they earned N11 from dividends, interest on term deposit is N353 million, interest on treasury bills is N376 million, interest on BA/CP is N317 million, interest on bonds is N260 million.

They have less than 80 workers and the personnel cost is just N243 million.

APR ie former UBA Securities that comprised of UBA Registrars now APR and UBA Capital now United Capital are well managed subsidiaries of the old UBA.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) (910) (911) ... (7776) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Nichee, UncleBone, otomatic(m), Princkez, drotba(m), vacanci, ositadima1(m), dammybrite, Ginalex(f), IPO2002 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.