Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? - Religion (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? (20682 Views)

TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 8:48am On Jan 09, 2013
Rich4god:
Hmmm... Am playing with fire. You be volcano?
Are you in 9ja?
I got my base in more than 30 states of nigeria but right now am in kano. So whats your take? Waiting for your reply.

You continue to play with fire... cheesy
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 9:14am On Jan 09, 2013
plappville:

So its all about how you want it not how God wants it??
How do you know that "its not what God wants"...
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 9:23am On Jan 09, 2013
plappville:

Well, the choice is yours, suit yourself!!! History has defined CHristmas and its origin, but you insist. Its wrong. Suit itself bro.....
I think its you that should suit yourself. Its just because of the date(25th) that makes you connect it with paganism. What will you say of eastern/orthordox catholics that celebrate theirs on jan 7th? or is there another pagan god that is being worship on jan 7th?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 3:27pm On Jan 11, 2013
Rich4god:
I think its you that should suit yourself. Its just because of the date(25th) that makes you connect it with paganism. What will you say of eastern/orthordox catholics that celebrate theirs on jan 7th? or is there another pagan god that is being worship on jan 7th?

History told you what Xmas is, you said no, i love this feast too much, i must tag it with Christ birthday, that is ur cup of tea bro..everyone is entitle to his or her choice in life.
Christ-like is not how we want it, but How God wants it for us. Traditions of men was supposed to come to an end at the cross.
However, due to mans' inherent disobedience to God and not wanting to follow in His ways, we still have men traditons circulating in the church today.
Many of you Catholics still follow the heathen traditions taught to you through the generations, while few speak Christ on their lips or even know He has saved them...

Ask yourself, if God forgot to instruct the Church to celebrate his Son's birthday. By the way, this feast happens to be a worldly feast, How does this smell Godliness
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 3:28pm On Jan 11, 2013
Rich4god:
How do you know that "its not what God wants"...

Because several scriptures have proved that here, i won't repeat myself, scroll back if you care to!
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 4:41pm On Jan 11, 2013
plappville:

History told you what Xmas is, you said no, i love this feast too much, i must tag it with Christ birthday, that is ur cup of tea bro..everyone is entitle to his or her choice in life.
Christ-like is not how we want it, but How God wants it for us. Traditions of men was supposed to come to an end at the cross.
However, due to mans' inherent disobedience to God and not wanting to follow in His ways, we still have men traditons circulating in the church today.
Many of you Catholics still follow the heathen traditions taught to you through the generations, while few speak Christ on their lips or even know He has saved them...

Ask yourself, if God forgot to instruct the Church to celebrate his Son's birthday. By the way, this feast happens to be a worldly feast, How does this smell Godliness
lol... History didnt tell me anything about xmas. The only thing history said is that pagans had a feast which they celebrate on 25th dec. History didnt say in any way that pagan celebrate/knew christ. We celebrate the birth of Christ on 25th dec, different from what the pagans celebrated. We rejoice for the coming of our Lord into this world, which am pretty sure pagans dont believe in Christ let alone celebrating him.
@first bolded... St Pauls gave out so many teachings/letters to early christians which we still use today, do you consider these teaching as tradition of men cos they came after the death of Christ.
@2nd bolded... So its no longer pagan feast, but worldly feast. SMH.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 4:47pm On Jan 11, 2013
plappville:

Because several scriptures have proved that here, i won't repeat myself, scroll back if you care to!
Nope... The scriptures didnt prove anything. You are only interpreting it to suit yourself. You think i dont study the bible.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by patostation(m): 11:45pm On Jan 11, 2013
Those who see nothing wrong with this festival should cast their minds back to the time of Moses when Joshua, under pressure from the Israelites made a Golden Calf. While worshipping the calf, the Israelitese claimed that the uncanny festival was "to the Lord". How did the true God react? His anger burned that he almost exterminated those 'stiff-necked' Israelites (Exodus 32:1-33). Justifying this pagan festival will in no way make God happy. Compare Col 2:16,17

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 8:47am On Jan 12, 2013
pato station: Those who see nothing wrong with this festival should cast their minds back to the time of Moses when Joshua, under pressure from the Israelites made a Golden Calf. While worshipping the calf, the Israelitese claimed that the uncanny festival was "to the Lord". How did the true God react? His anger burned that he almost exterminated those 'stiff-necked' Israelites (Exodus 32:1-33). Justifying this pagan festival will in no way make God happy. Compare Col 2:16,17
@bolded... Where have you seen xmas celebrant worshipping/making sacrifice to an idol. And plz, try to read that chapter very well for full understanding of why God was anoyed with them. @Colosians you quoted, the rule in no way has anything to do with celebration of xmas.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 11:36pm On Jan 12, 2013
pato station: Those who see nothing wrong with this festival should cast their minds back to the time of Moses when Joshua, under pressure from the Israelites made a Golden Calf. While worshipping the calf, the Israelitese claimed that the uncanny festival was "to the Lord". How did the true God react? His anger burned that he almost exterminated those 'stiff-necked' Israelites (Exodus 32:1-33). Justifying this pagan festival will in no way make God happy. Compare Col 2:16,17

God bless you bro....
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 11:46pm On Jan 12, 2013
Rich4god:
@bolded... Where have you seen xmas celebrant worshipping/making sacrifice to an idol. And plz, try to read that chapter very well for full understanding of why God was anoyed with them. @Colosians you quoted, the rule in no way has anything to do with celebration of xmas.

I ve relatives that live in the Basque country...she told me how they celebrated it there.
its part of the historical xmas feast, same period etc....its from 21th december.
School kids and parent dress with thesame uniform. black hat, ladies tie thier heads. you must wear rope sandals etc etc..

Why you were in the church, they were in the street with this big image.
Then after school close from 22, they now can eat/celebrate with thier family on the 25th. Google Santo tomàs for more details.

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 11:49pm On Jan 12, 2013
See the celebration day, on 21th december, Sans Sebastien fiestas....

How do explain to God, but God i do my own to please you na.. shocked

Consider these period festivals as paganism just as proven by History.

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 11:53pm On Jan 12, 2013
All celebrates on black and white ...dressed like the image with pipe in his mouth... grin grin

See therealchop chop people, no be the copy rights... grin grin grin

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 8:26am On Jan 13, 2013
plappville:

I ve relatives that live in the Basque country...she told me how they celebrated it there.
its part of the historical xmas feast, same period etc....its from 21th december.
School kids and parent dress with thesame uniform. black hat, ladies tie thier heads. you must wear rope sandals etc etc..

Why you were in the church, they were in the street with this big image.
Then after school close from 22, they now can eat/celebrate with thier family on the 25th. Google Santo tomàs for more details.

And how does this in any way makes xmas celebration paganism/worldly. Any culture/pagans can decide to fix any date on 25th dec, it still doesnt affect the fact that we rejoice over the coming our Lord into this world.
@bolded... Thank God you spotted a difference yourself. So we are not in the same shoes.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 8:29am On Jan 13, 2013
plappville: See the celebration day, on 21th december, Sans Sebastien fiestas....

You are just showing me the history of some peoples culture which has no connection with xmas except for the date.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 8:40am On Jan 13, 2013
plappville: All celebrates on black and white ...dressed like the image with pipe in his mouth... grin grin

See therealchop chop people, no be the copy rights... grin grin grin
You are still showing me some peoples culture which has nothing to do with xmas. Have you ever seen xmas celebrants walking around the streets wearing a particular uniform or dressed like a particular image. SMH4U...
Seems like i will stay off from this thread cos you are just running around trying to connect xmas celebration to paganism which you have failed. Before, you said its paganism, then worldly celebration and now you are connecting it to another peoples culture. Please try and be logical in your approach. Well bye from this thread, see you in another. Peace.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 9:00am On Jan 13, 2013
Least i forget... Today, we commemorate the "Baptism of our Lord"... We are reminded of how God revealed to the world who Christ is through the Holy spirit. Matt 3:15-17.
So, enough chop chop still dey my side today... as u choose to call it and i for like invite u bt i knw say u no go cm. Like i said earlier, see you in another thread. Bye. Peace.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 10:08am On Jan 13, 2013
Rich4god:
You are still showing me some peoples culture which has nothing to do with xmas. Have you ever seen xmas celebrants walking around the streets wearing a particular uniform or dressed like a particular image. SMH4U...
Seems like i will stay off from this thread cos you are just running around trying to connect xmas celebration to paganism which you have failed. Before, you said its paganism, then worldly celebration and now you are connecting it to another peoples culture. Please try and be logical in your approach.

What were you expecting? when you know plappville is arguing from a senseless checklist, you expect her to be logical? that's not possible na smiley The content of the checklist been debunked already, and she is having difficulties coming up with new accusations angry
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 10:23am On Jan 13, 2013
plappville: See the celebration day, on 21th december, Sans Sebastien fiestas....

I asked you and your crew before, how many of the millions or billions celebrating Xmas are true Christians? I've done my bit trying to give your argument a direction, but it appears you are more comfortable making irrelevant accusations. you waste so much time and effort accusing pagans of worshiping their gods on December 25. If you want to be taken seriously all you need to do is show how those truly celebrating Christ on December 25 worship idols by doing so. You can start by providing an answer to my question, which you guys have been avoiding.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 2:27pm On Jan 13, 2013
Rich4god:
And how does this in any way makes xmas celebration paganism/worldly. Any culture/pagans can decide to fix any date on 25th dec, it still doesnt affect the fact that we rejoice over the coming our Lord into this world.
@bolded... Thank God you spotted a difference yourself. So we are not in the same shoes.

You didn't want to agree the Catholic adopted this feast from the Pagan world. So I brought you a prove that some pagans still keep their old way of celebrating it. Despite the effort of the Church in trying to do ccomplete modification, they failed.
If you are truthful to yourself you wouldn't ignore the passage that treated * the golden calf story when @truthislight first posted it here as an example of How the Israelites hold same reason just like you today. They ccopied the Egyptian way if worshiping their god and tend to worship Yahweh in same way, what happen? I trust you know but will keep a pretending eyes to it .....here is is again (Exodus 32:1-33). If you love God you will do things the way He wants you to, not how it pleases you. This is the fact. Accept it or not it stands.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 2:38pm On Jan 13, 2013
Rich4god:
Seems like i will stay off from this thread cos you are just running around trying to connect xmas celebration to paganism which you have failed. Before, you said its paganism, then worldly celebration and now you are connecting it to another peoples culture. Please try and be logical in your approach. Well bye from this thread, see you in another. Peace.

Paganism is worthiness, a pagan feast is a worldly feast why do you have problem to understand they are something? The love of it will cause you not to have the Love of God
in you, which is obeying God's commands. If you believe the scrupture is to correct us, why then do you ignore scriptural examples and hold on to men tradition by tagging God to it? You can stay way from the bitter truth this thread has been revealing. Its is not meant for you alone, some might have learnt one or two things. So farewell with your traditions. One day when you will truelly want wish to accept the scripture for just what it presents to you. Then you will be free from men traditions bondage.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 2:44pm On Jan 13, 2013
Zikkyy:

I asked you and your crew before, how many of the millions or billions celebrating Xmas are true Christians? I've done my bit trying to give your argument a direction, but it appears you are more comfortable making irrelevant accusations. you waste so much time and effort accusing pagans of worshiping their gods on December 25. If you want to be taken seriously all you need to do is show how those truly celebrating Christ on December 25 worship idols by doing so. You can start by providing an answer to my question, which you guys have been avoiding.

Do i even need to reply you anymore after you have plainly debunked yourself here? You have answered the thread correctly so do as ur heart pleases you, no one is forcing anyone here. The sscripture supports exposing evil practice in the Church. Farewell as well if you wish to follow your catholics brethren blindly.... grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 2:51pm On Jan 13, 2013
Zikkyy:

What were you expecting? when you know plappville is arguing from a senseless checklist, you expect her to be logical? that's not possible na smiley The content of the checklist been debunked already, and she is having difficulties coming up with new accusations angry

I have nothing against or for the JW's so what you mean by their checklist has nnothing to do with this thread. There are millions of Christian's out there who have decided to let go this historical paganism feast tagged with Christ. They now come to realise there is no other truth outside the Scripture. But you, even with you plainly agreed that Christmas has no dealing Scripturally. You still believe you can do things in your own way not God way. This put you in same situation as the Israelites in the golden calf story.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 3:05pm On Jan 13, 2013
Rich4god:

Who initiated Xmas to you/us Nigerians? Do we have Winter weather ? No...even the European Catholics knows the history of how Christmas came to stay, you are arguing as if it was your grand parents that initiated it so you know better than the original celebrants. Follow follow men tradition leads to spiritual blindness.
Nothing will make sense except what you have been made to believe.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 10:12pm On Nov 30, 2016
Christmas is at the door....

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

How To Understand Mathew 10:34 / Photos From Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor's Birthday Ceremony / Church Members Flog The Ground (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.