Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? (20620 Views)

TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 12:24pm On Dec 25, 2012
eddy spice:
@ zikkyy the orgin of what we take part in matters.

i agree.

eddy spice:
can we say its okay to partake because Jesue name is mention in d festival but every facet of d orginal festival is still practiced would u partake?Exodus 32:1-12 and 32:21-28

I disagree with this statement for two reasons:
1. For some Christians there is a sincere desire to celebrate Christ, it is not just because Jesus is mentioned in the feast.
2. Not every facet of the original festival is still practiced today. please get your facts right before coming here to spread false info.

eddy spice:
for example if a juju priest claim he is now a follower of christ but decides to convert all his juju festival to a festival for christ,can we say its okay to partake because Jesue name is mention in d festival but every facet of d orginal festival is still practiced would u partake?Exodus 32:1-12 and 32:21-28

What you guys should know is that it's not every activity of a pagan that makes him what he is. Giving of gift is not what makes somebody a pagan, same for some other practices. We should look at these activities and practices to determine what would amount to sin. Christian giving of gift is no sin. From my understanding, it was the church that instituted christmas. I understand it was not properly implemented, but if subsequently refined to truly reflect something worth partaking in, what could be wrong with that.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 12:29pm On Dec 25, 2012
ijawkid:
It has made professed christians one and the same with pagans.....xmas has even made many pagans remain pagans.......of what use is it becoming a christian when I would still engage in the same pagan acts I once practiced??...........ofcus muslims,atheists and the Jews would be laughing so hard seeing how many professed christians engage in the saturnalia celebration while hiding behind the cloak of celebrating Christs birthday which he never initiated..............

My bro its a shame.....pagans are laughing at us.........Christmas has done nothing but recruit more and more pagans.........

You are not saying anything. Tell me How. That was my question. for example, is it the fact that everybody including pagans give gift? Please list these pagan acts you are talking about. I hope you will not avoid this post smiley
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 12:31pm On Dec 25, 2012
Zikkyy:

I asked a question in some time back and your guys quietly avoided it, maybe you can answer if you have the courage.

"what if I decided to celebrate the birth of Christ by a dedicating a day once a year for it, a day I chose, and I spend the day giving praises. Do you consider my action a sin? If yes kindly state why"

birth day celebration is not an example set for us by the Jews faithful/partriachs and the christians followers of christ.

The celebration of birthday is a partan shown to be of wordhipers of satan.

"salvation originate from the Jews. John 4:22

^^^ else you will be following a partan that is clearly synonimouse with the Gentile and wordhipers of satan.

It is your choice my friend.

The sister is doing her best to show that we should follow the example set for us if we dont want to take any risk of making mistake.

God Yahweh and satan dont shear anything in common.

You cannot either slave for two masters.

God and the tradition of men that was set by satan for the befor christ came and befor Yahweh revealed his law to israel.

Did you think that Yahweh forgot the date of christ birth if the day of christ birth was really important?

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 12:35pm On Dec 25, 2012
ijawkid:

Because y'all insist the birthday of Christ must be celebrated and on a false date.......Christ himself never celebrated his birthday let alone allowing humans presumptuously choosing to do so and again on a pagan date...............don't you see it??................

I don't see an anything. I have asked for a non pagan date. Please stop talking about pagan date if you cannot provide a non-pagan date appropriate for celebrating Christmas.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 25, 2012
There is nowhere in the bible where we are commanded to celebrate the birthday of Christ talk less of falsely and arrogantly making it the 25th of December, which we all know is a pagan day.

What we should really Celebrate is his resurrection and the life we have received through the Power of the Holy Spirit because of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 12:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
ijawkid:
......if early christians had to abandon jewish festivals which they were once commanded to observe just to make sure they follow Christ,I wonder why you guys would steal a pagan festival to celebrate Christ and expect Christ to open his teeth and smile..............

Pagans did not celebrate Christ. So what's this talk about stealing a pagan festival?

ijawkid:
but you do know bible principles as regards paganism and idol worship..............if you had existed in the times of the isrealite and you adopt pagan customs even if you choose to use it to serve God,you'll be struck dead............
Are you now saying we should adopt the laws of the old testament?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 12:49pm On Dec 25, 2012
ijawkid:
What word??....ask alexleo if the pope who instituted the xmas celebration and fixing it on december 25th had not done it would (alexleo) be celebrating xmas today.....??......

Alexleo celebrates xmas because he saw people doing it not because he on his own would have engaged in it..........isn't the observance of the death of Jesus Christ enough for christians to commemorate according to Jesus' command??..........

You are still arguing with your emotions. if alexleo is celebrating christmas because he saw others doing it, ijawkid, truthislight and plappville will also be celebrating it because they saw others doing it. Why don't you allow alexleo tell you why he is celebrating Christmas?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 12:51pm On Dec 25, 2012
ijawkid:
this is not about belief,this is about the truth and how Christ would look at things...

Whose truth? your truth or Christ's truth?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 1:00pm On Dec 25, 2012
truthislight:

birth day celebration is not an example set for us by the Jews faithful/partriachs and the christians followers of christ.

^^^ else you will be following a partan that is clearly synonimouse with the Gentile and wordhipers of satan.

The sister is doing her best to show that we should follow the example set for us if we dont want to take any risk of making mistake.

God and the tradition of men that was set by satan for the befor christ came and befor Yahweh revealed his law to israel.

Did you think that Yahweh forgot the date of christ birth if the day of christ birth was really important?

Importance is not the issue here, otherwise i would be saying it is mandatory to celebrate Christmas. I asked a question, "do you consider my action to be a sin that God will ensure i receive the necessary punishment?" it is a simple question, just ensure you support your answer with proof from scriptures smiley
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by eddyspice(m): 1:01pm On Dec 25, 2012
@zikkyy giving of gift is highly recommended in d scriptures(acts 20:35)which is part of christian living every tym.however,for me i am not againts giving gift at a particular tym i am highlighting on d orgin of d celeberation and its uniformity among those who celebrated it world wide
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 1:06pm On Dec 25, 2012
frosbel:
There is nowhere in the bible where we are commanded to celebrate the birthday of Christ talk less of falsely and arrogantly making it the 25th of December, which we all know is a pagan day.

e be like you self don adopt the robotic approach to interpreting scriptures. since you say the bible did not command the celebration of Christ birthday, can you please post the list of the biblical list of dos and don'ts so we don't err smiley am expecting that list o! you know one is involved in a lot of activities these days and i need that list to ensure i adhere 100%
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 1:09pm On Dec 25, 2012
Zikkyy: And just before I sign off, I will like to use this opportunity to wish my anti-xmas brother's and sister (ljawkid, truthislight & plappville) a very merry Xmas celebration. Wishing you a 'bombastic' Xmas . Please don't drink and drive, I very much want to read your posts in year 2013 smiley

"I jump am pass"

not For me guy.

Party and having of fun is turning to the trap that will catch you on this.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 25, 2012
Zikkyy:

e be like you self don adopt the robotic approach to interpreting scriptures. since you say the bible did not command the celebration of Christ birthday, can you please post the list of the biblical list of dos and don'ts so we don't err smiley am expecting that list o! you know one is involved in a lot of activities these days and i need that list to ensure i adhere 100%

Sorry you lost me here, I simply stated that Christmas is not a Christian holiday , used to be called Yuletide especially in Europe and has nothing to do with Christ or his message.

However I use this period as a reminder to others of Christ and his sacrifice.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 25, 2012
^^

Yule
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Jul" redirects here. For other uses, see Jul (disambiguation).
For other uses, see Yule (disambiguation).

Yule

Hauling a Yule log, 1832
Also called Yuletide, Yulefest
Observed by Northern Europeans and various English-speaking people
Type Cultural, Germanic Pagan then Christian, secular, and contemporary Paganism
Significance Winter Festival
Date Moved to December 25 with Gregorian calendar, likely originally on and/or around midwinter[1][2]
Related to Christmas, Winter solstice (Midwinter), quarter days, Wheel of the Year, Winter Festivals

Yule or Yuletide ("Yule time" ) is a religious festival observed by the Northern European peoples, later being absorbed into and equated with the Christian festival of Christmas. The earliest references to Yule are by way of indigenous Germanic month names (Ærra Jéola (Before Yule) or Jiuli and Æftera Jéola (After Yule). Scholars have connected the celebration to the Wild Hunt, the god Odin and the pagan Anglo-Saxon Modranicht.

Terms with an etymological equivalent to Yule are used in the Nordic countries for Christmas with its religious rites, but also for the holidays of this season. Yule is also used to a lesser extent in English-speaking countries to refer to Christmas. Customs such as the Yule log, Yule goat, Yule boar, Yule singing, and others stem from Yule. A number of Neopagans have introduced their own rites.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by alexleo(m): 1:21pm On Dec 25, 2012
ijawkid:
What word??....ask alexleo if the pope who instituted the xmas celebration and fixing it on december 25th had not done it would (alexleo) be celebrating xmas today.....??......

Alexleo celebrates xmas because he saw people doing it not because he on his own would have engaged in it..........isn't the observance of the death of Jesus Christ enough for christians to commemorate according to Jesus' command??..........

Christmas is an outright fraud and an insult on Jesus......

And you want to tell me that everything you do in life was instituted by you. The songs you sing in church was composed by you ijawkid? And because a pope institued christmas does that make it sin? So even when a pope brings out a good idea we should reject it because we are not catholics? No sir. Christmas is a fraud and an insult on Jesus only in your view. Not in other people's views.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 1:22pm On Dec 25, 2012
eddy spice:
@zikkyy giving of gift is highly recommended in d scriptures(acts 20:35)which is part of christian living every tym.

I like you, you are more reasonable smiley that is not to say i don't like my other anti-xmas brothers and sister o!

eddy spice:
however,for me i am not againts giving gift at a particular tym i am highlighting on d orgin of d celeberation and its uniformity among those who celebrated it world wide

I said something in one of my posts here. we should consider if the larger population of peeps celebrating Christmas are Christians. If we say the celebration is not done in a manner acceptable to God by true Christians, that would be a concern. If you adopt the issue of origin, then i will say all form of worship ultimately originated from the initial practice by Cain and Abel. Pagan worship has its origin from worship of God, you think that make pagan worship acceptable to God? Why would intent matter in such case and not matter when it comes to the issue of Christmas?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 1:24pm On Dec 25, 2012
Zikkyy:

Pagans did not celebrate Christ. So what's this talk about stealing a pagan festival?

Are you now saying we should adopt the laws of the old testament?

pegan celebrate birth days.

Birthday celebration is pegan and you also celebrate it.

You and pegans have that in common.

Servant of Yahweh and christ dont celebrate birthdays. No? Then show me where they did?

You are a pegan or one of them then if you dont show me.

Christianity means followers of christ and not followers of pegans.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 25, 2012
When I say SOME Pentecostals are Catholics I attract insults.

Just a few of the doctrines they hold in common :

Trinity
Christmas
Easter

Eternal torment
Immortal Soul

etc..............

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 1:27pm On Dec 25, 2012
truthislight:

"I jump am pass"

not For me guy.

Party and having of fun is turning to the trap that will catch you on this.

Hahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin

Bros this is not fair na grin how you go reject my goodwill message angry
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 1:33pm On Dec 25, 2012
frosbel:
I simply stated that Christmas is not a Christian holiday , used to be called Yuletide especially in Europe and has nothing to do with Christ or his message.

It is a general holiday these days. Based on it's original intention and as practiced by true Christians that chose to celebrate it, it has everything to do with Christ.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by alexleo(m): 1:35pm On Dec 25, 2012
You people are just making noise.
We are celebrating the birth of Jesus. A pagan cannot celebrate Jesus so what you people are saying here doesnt make sense.
truthislight:

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by alexleo(m): 1:41pm On Dec 25, 2012
frosbel: When I say SOME Pentecostals are Catholics I attract insults.

Just a few of the doctrines they hold in common :

Trinity
Christmas
Easter

Eternal torment
Immortal Soul

etc..............

Yes we dont see anything unbiblical about these things and if you call us catholics for this reason, no problem.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 1:45pm On Dec 25, 2012
truthislight:

pegan celebrate birth days.

Birthday celebration is pegan and you also celebrate it.

You and pegan have that is common.

Servant of Yahweh and christ dont celebrate birthdays. No? Then show me where they did?

You are a pegan of one of them then if you dont show me.

Christianity means followers of christ and not followers of pegans.

Can you also show to us where Christ & Apostles stated that Christians should not celebrate their birthdays?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 1:50pm On Dec 25, 2012
Why is the anti-xmas community avoiding this question na? angry

Zikkyy:
"what if I decided to celebrate the birth of Christ by a dedicating a day once a year for it, a day I chose, and I spend the day giving praises. Do you consider my action a sin? If yes kindly state why"
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 1:56pm On Dec 25, 2012
^^^ Well am off to meet up with my crew for some xmas merry-ment grin hope somebody would developed some set of balls before i get back and provided an answer to my question grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by alexleo(m): 1:57pm On Dec 25, 2012
Zikkyy: Why is the anti-xmas community avoiding this question na? angry

Because what they are accusing us of is baseless and has no biblical backing. They are just talking out of their personal likes and dislikes.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 1:58pm On Dec 25, 2012
alexleo:

Because what they are accusing us of is baseless and has no biblical backing. They are just talking out of their personal likes and dislikes.

Don't mind them jare grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 2:01pm On Dec 25, 2012
Zikkyy: Why is the anti-xmas community avoiding this question na? angry

It will also be wrong my bro......that would be presumptuousness........did Jesus tell you to......this is why I say it is the celebrants of the xmas that end up been selfish.....you project your own longing for merriment and feel you can squeeze Jesus into it........
1...Did Jesus celebrate his own birthday??NO
2...Did he beg or command his disciples to commemorate his birthday after his ascension??.....NO...

So why on earth would you wanna celebrate his birthday??...........

Let the figure you are celebrating give the go-ahead first.........and worse of all you have rubbed Jesus along with paganism........that's why I say its an insult to Jesus......he would be shaking his head in heaven......
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by alexleo(m): 2:02pm On Dec 25, 2012
Zikkyy: ^^^ Well am off to meet up with my crew for some xmas merry-ment grin hope somebody would developed some set of balls before i get back and provided an answer to my question grin

Am already enjoying mine. Church service is over. Now is eating and drinking( non alcholic) all the way. Tomorrow 26th dec is evangelism for us. Those who feel bad should keep it to themselves.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 2:03pm On Dec 25, 2012
alexleo:

That is where you err bro....you err.........

If the apostles who were saw and ate with Jesus never for once thought of celebrating his birthday then what are y'all doing??..........xmas has no aim.....can't you see it??........the pagans are very soon going to get there celebration back,that's when it'll dawn on y'all that xmas has been fruitless and pagan all along......

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 2:06pm On Dec 25, 2012
alexleo:

Yes we dont see anything unbiblical about these things and if you call us catholics for this reason, no problem.

Now This is stubbornness...............a catholic POPE steals a pagan celebration,also institutes a date (dec 25th) and paints this pagan festival with Jesus and gives you to eat,and you sit down comfortably to eat...........

Tell me how this connects to Jesus??.......where is Jesus in the xmas you do??....

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by eddyspice(m): 2:08pm On Dec 25, 2012
Zikkyy:

I like you, you are more reasonable smiley that is not to say i don't like my other anti-xmas brothers and sister o!

I said something in one of my posts here. we should consider if the larger population of peeps celebrating Christmas are Christians. If we say the celebration is not done in a manner acceptable to God by true Christians, that would be a concern. If you adopt the issue of origin, then i will say all form of worship ultimately originated from the initial practice by Cain and Abel. Pagan worship has its origin from worship of God, you think that make pagan worship acceptable to God? Why would intent matter in such case and not matter when it comes to the issue of Christmas?
Abel,cain and other did carry out sacrifice God but take note dat d ppl d isrealite met in d promise land also carry out saacrifces too but to dier false gods which God warn the isrealites againts and wen dey try to introduce such fasle worship God left dem. in essence orgin n manner of how a celebration is being can make God happy or sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First / We Can't Celebrate Jesus Enough- Abdulrazaq Hamzat / The Uncontrollable Spread Of Sexual Lust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.