Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

For The Love Of Art - Graphics/Video Market (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Graphics/Video Market / For The Love Of Art (15331 Views)

A Nairalanders Very Beautiful Drawing (lord Of Art) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 06, 2013
Wonderful work!!! @Firestar. I think you imagine alot.

fellis: @firestar,
Nice work. It looks like a scene from a dream.

Can you give us some explanation of your work...

Please can you make the picture bigger. I downloaded the picture buh it was blank
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 06, 2013
firestar: Yay a smilee! grin
Now show some teeth...!

Is it okay with the house?
For Febuary's theme?
yeah, it's ok! I don't know what's up with masterpiecer
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 06, 2013
firestar: Yay a smilee! grin
Now show some teeth...!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
See plenty teeth.
I am happy about the eagles victory this evening.

Is it okay with the house?
For Febuary's theme?
Of course it is okay. Almost one week has gone from February. Is it ending of the month we should have selected the theme before? grin
Re: For The Love Of Art by firestar(f): 7:53pm On Feb 06, 2013
centje: Wonderful work!!! @Firestar. I think you imagine alot.

Can you give us some explanation of your work...

Please can you make the picture bigger. I downloaded the picture buh it was blank

You guessed right. There's a dreamer in everyone of us and once our dreams comes true,
its like a bird leaving its confines taking it sky-high...

... I'm becoming poetic again am I? undecided embarassed

[size=13pt]Febuary's Theme if you please....

Paradise. cool wink cheesy

All the best!

[/size]
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 06, 2013
@Fire.S
That's lovely. At first i was excited about the theme,then i thought deeper and discovered it's not gonna be easy grin
Anyway,my head is already at work to create.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 06, 2013
Erm. . . .it would have been better to put different themes up then we pick the one we like from them, the way centje did the first time. But paradise is cool. Thats what I am working on.
Anyway let me add more for you. Centje and masterpiece you guyz can select from the ones below if paradise is not good enough for you;
Hell fire
coven
war
terrible sadness.
Goodluck guyztongue
Re: For The Love Of Art by Feraz(m): 8:59pm On Feb 06, 2013
Anyway let me add more for you. Centje and masterpiece you guyz can select from the ones below if paradise is not good enough for you;
Hell fire
coven
war
terrible sadness.
Goodluck guyz
shocked shocked shocked
You don't like them!!!!....
firestar, I sent ya a pm!
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 12:55am On Feb 07, 2013
Feraz: shocked shocked shocked
You don't like them!!!!....
firestar, I sent ya a pm!
don't mind fellis, she doesnt love me cry imagine sending me to hell to dine with hades and minions cry
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 07, 2013
Masterpiecer if you see this kindly reply my mail. I just want to know what part of town you get your art supplies.
Thanx a bunch.
Re: For The Love Of Art by masterpiecer(m): 6:54am On Feb 08, 2013
fellis: Masterpiecer if you see this kindly reply my mail. I just want to know what part of town you get your art supplies.
Thanx a bunch.

I buy supplies from Benin, although i reside in Warri, the name of the supplier is AB ARTWORLD, somewhere at upper mission road in benin city, they have outlets around the country, if you reside in lagos, i can give u their lagos address or contact phone number.

@topic
will post my work soon
Re: For The Love Of Art by Feraz(m): 9:08am On Feb 08, 2013
masterpiecer:

I buy supplies from Benin, although i reside in Warri, the name of the supplier is AB ARTWORLD, somewhere at upper mission road in benin city, they have outlets around the country, if you reside in lagos, i can give u their lagos address or contact phone number.

@topic
will post my work soon
are you kidding me? I school here.....will go look for 'em when I'm chanced.....
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 08, 2013
Feraz: are you kidding me? I school here.....will go look for 'em when I'm chanced.....
Feraz, are you in for february?
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 12:56pm On Feb 08, 2013
masterpiecer:
Their phone number would be nice, thank you.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 08, 2013
masterpiecer:

@topic
will post my work soon
Re: For The Love Of Art by Feraz(m): 9:59pm On Feb 08, 2013
centje: Feraz, are you in for february?
can't say cos my exams are approaching....will try though!
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 4:44am On Feb 09, 2013
firestar: http://m-t-r-y.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=scraps embarassed

Happiness.

Release your inner vision...

Just saw the painting. Couldn't open it before on my phone. It's really good.

1 Like

Re: For The Love Of Art by firestar(f): 7:35am On Feb 16, 2013
Merçi!
Are you in for Febuary's 'Paradise' theme?
Everyone is welcome!
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 7:57am On Feb 16, 2013
Firestar
What's been keeping you away...how far have you gone?
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 8:00am On Feb 16, 2013
Am waiting for masterpiecer to post his january work then i'll create another thread strictly for posting of works. This one can serve for both discussion and pics
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 16, 2013
centje: Am waiting for masterpiecer to post his january work then i'll create another thread strictly for posting of works. This one can serve for both discussion and pics

I suggest we repost our January works in the new thread. Sorry for any inconvenience caused to anyone. I just think it will be better for all the things we worked on to be in one thread.

and centje, I am trying to do something with pastel like you suggested because I want to develop my painting skills.
Pastel is not easy to work with sad
It isn't easy but I will post something I drew with it hopefully.

Anyway at the end of the month you guyz will see the atrocity I painted grin
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 12:01am On Feb 17, 2013
@fellis
I was gonna repost the january works in the new thread,that's why am waiting for masterpiecer to post his.

About pastel,when using it...apply lightly and lil by lil at a time. If you rush it,you're likely to apply too heavily at a time and that may change the effect you intended to create.

You can use already-made pastel works to practise before you move to your own concept.

Hope you got the right surface for pastel? ...Board,canvas,paper? There're pastel papers buh you can improvise with embossed paper(the type used in making hand-cards). You can either paint with it that way or wet it and mount on a board.

You know 'starting' is usually difficult...so just keep practising you will soon master it.

I missed you o! It's been long...

1 Like

Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 17, 2013
centje:
You can use already-made pastel works to practise before you move to your own concept.Hope you got the right surface for pastel? ...Board,canvas,paper? There're pastel papers buh you can improvise with embossed paper(the type used in making hand-cards). You can either paint with it that way or wet it and mount on a board.
You know 'starting' is usually difficult...so just keep practising you will soon master it.
@bold, That is what I intend to do, I can't attempt doing something on my own for now.
I'm using Manila paper embarassed
I didn't want to buy pastel paper because I don't know what I am doing yet and I don't want to waste money by ruining it.
By the way,type of pastel is soft pastel.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 17, 2013
fellis:
@bold, That is what I intend to do, I can't attempt doing something on my own for now.
I'm using Manila paper embarassed
I didn't want to buy pastel paper because I don't know what I am doing yet and I don't want to waste money by ruining it.
By the way,type of pastel is soft pastel.
i think you need both the hard and soft pastel as a starter.

The hard pastel has more binder but less pigment so it produces less vibrant colours unlike soft type. However,hard pastels can be sharpened to a point so its better for a fine,crisp detail unlike soft pastel that gets smudged easily.
In addition hard pastel can be used to make the outline of your work before the real painting begin. And soft pastel can be used to make a broad sweep during painting unlike hard type that can only produce tiny strokes at a time.

To blend and smoothen the applied colours, you can use the pulp of your finger or a rubber eraser or wet the paper slightly.

Any paper with 'tooth' to hold the colour is ok. You can still use other surfaces.

The colour of the paper matters alot. Check the effect you intend to create in your painting before choosing the colour of the paper. For instance,a night scene will require a dark or black paper...

Its also possible to combine pastel with water colour,either use them simultaneously during the paint or pre coat the paper with water colour then start applying pastel.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 17, 2013
Thanks a lot for the tips. I agree with you though, I should have gotten pencil pastel or hard pastel as a beginner because the way soft pastel smudges is not easy to handle and you cannot even paint really detailed work with it.
I will post something that does not involve so much details for now, when I get more types of pastels I will try my hands on more adventurous paintings.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 11:32am On Feb 17, 2013
centje why did you shrink the size of my image in your new thread now?
I like it big. Can you post the big version? Thanks!
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 17, 2013
fellis: centje why did you shrink the size of my image in your new thread now?
I like it big. Can you post the big version? Thanks!

sorry,i just uploaded the one i downloaded. Lemme redo it...
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 17, 2013
Fellis,please post a bigger size of the picture. I downloaded it again and it was still 24kb.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 17, 2013
OOps hold on
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 17, 2013
oukay, that will be better. Am browsing with my phone,is mine small too?
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 17, 2013
centje: oukay, that will be better. Am browsing with my phone,is mine small too?

Centje I modified the last post.

You know what? Why don't you just modify the posts, instead of uploading images, just post the image url between these two boxes ----> [img][/img].
The url for me and firestar's january works are below.
Copy and paste them in the former posts where you uploaded our images.
Don't forget to untick the box with the option of uploading images before you submit the post.

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/974549_NL_Uploadhappy_jpg16bc1a3bf1737a5bd138c0f480f3d255
Fellis January

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/036/1/9/happiness_by_m_t_r_y-d5ty99t.jpg
Firestar January
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 17, 2013
Your picture is not small, it is ok
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 17, 2013
Fellis,i think its ok now?
You just taught me how to insert image. Thanks alot! kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

For Professional Logo,t-shirt,banners,business Card,and Any Graphics WORK Enter!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.