Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,996 members, 7,828,515 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices - Phones (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices (180804 Views)

Simple Guide For Airtel BlackBerry Plans On Non-bb Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Airtel Ng Officially Launches New Blackberry Plans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by lynxnoon(m): 6:39pm On Jan 09, 2013
Didn't work for awhile but now browsing with it

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by EEVICTOREE(m): 6:45pm On Jan 09, 2013
lynxnoon: Didn't work for awhile but now browsing with it

Bros I cannot attach any file from my iPhone to NL, the "Choose File" below is not boldly written so I can't upload any file.

Is there any settings for the"Choose File" to be boldly written?

Thanks smiley
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by lynxnoon(m): 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2013
££VICTOR££:

Bros I cannot attach any file from my iPhone to NL, the "Choose File" below is not boldly written so I can't upload any file.

Is there any settings for the"Choose File" to be boldly written?

Thanks smiley
Well am on iOS 6 and its enabled

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by lynxnoon(m): 6:50pm On Jan 09, 2013
smiley

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by ewizard1: 7:02pm On Jan 09, 2013
There should have been a NairaLand app sef... For easy exploring!!!
Anyone solved the disconnection thing ?
Pls update.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by lynxnoon(m): 8:08pm On Jan 09, 2013
ewizard1:
Pls update.
After the call and the steps I mentioned earlier, after awhile its been stable on my iPhone
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:34pm On Jan 09, 2013
ewizard1: There should have been a NairaLand app sef... For easy exploring!!!
Pls update.
Since I connected this evening, no single disconnection whatsoever as the screen shot displays here. Did you still called customer care and report about it?

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by sinade1(m): 11:31pm On Jan 09, 2013
Finally, I can browse with my old Glo SIM after I did Welcome back. The CC lady actually told me nothing was wrong with my SIM. But I insisted she should go on with welcome back.

Thanks you guys for the advice, most especially @Luluosas, @Nsidible, @Jeffy1206 & @Chakaz. You are great!

1 Like

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Gorimakpa(m): 11:41pm On Jan 09, 2013
Meen dis thing is excellent. I can't believe it. I've already downloaded almost 2gig today and the thing is still pending activation. Wow. The best part is that unlike the mtn bis, one does not need any useless vpn like pd proxy or sandwich to browse. I hope glo would not stop it anytime soon o....after all, airtel's own has been working for more than a year now.

The only problem is the frequent disconnection, i hope there is a solution to dat.

Meanwhile, how will i know when the bis is finally activated? Will i receive a notification sms or do i have to keep sending status to 777 to check?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 11:48pm On Jan 09, 2013
sinade1:
Finally, I can browse with my old Glo SIM after I did Welcome back. The CC lady actually told me nothing was wrong with my SIM. But I insisted she should go on with welcome back.

Thanks you guys for the advice, most especially @Luluosas, @Nsidible, @Jeffy1206 & @Chakaz. You are great!

That's good testimony. Carry go and enjoy your BB subscription.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by kenami: 12:31am On Jan 10, 2013
Hey guys, Just saw this topic trending. Please can this glo stuff work on my ipad?
Cos apart from the pan, there is also space for password and username.... Yhanks
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 12:48am On Jan 10, 2013
Gorimakpa: Meen dis thing is excellent. I can't believe it. I've already downloaded almost 2gig today and the thing is still pending activation. Wow. The best part is that unlike the mtn bis, one does not need any useless vpn like pd proxy or sandwich to browse. I hope glo would not stop it anytime soon o....after all, airtel's own has been working for more than a year now.

The only problem is the frequent disconnection, i hope there is a solution to dat.

Meanwhile, how will i know when the bis is finally activated? Will i receive a notification sms or do i have to keep sending status to 777 to check?
Yes, with your activation pending, you are ABSOLUTELY browsing free. To know whether your subscrption is finally activated is to keep sending 'Status' to 777.
Now, as far as this BB plans is concerned, Glo CANNOT stop it because, it uses the legal Glo Blackberry APN to root the connection to RIM's network, which actually is a win-win situation for Glo, as more BB subscription means more money for Glo.
On the disconnection thing, I used to experience it before but, not any more as my browsing is steady and stable now. I have spent 3 hours plus already without a single break. I am playing SKY.fm online radio as I am browsing now without any breakage on the radio. Remember, my location have no 3G services yet and the network is stable on Edge. So, location could matter but, I will advice that you call customer care to complain about it. Thank you.

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 1:09am On Jan 10, 2013
kenami: Hey guys, Just saw this topic trending. Please can this glo stuff work on my ipad?
Cos apart from the pan, there is also space for password and username.... Yhanks
It should because, it is working on iPhone, Android, phones and Modem. Create a new profile with the name Glo Blackberry and APN with blackberry.net
Please, leave the space for password and username empty. Remember, you must subscribe to Glo BB plan before you can start to use it. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 2:40am On Jan 10, 2013
i hope this stuff lasts long cause we keep hearing news about Rim and blackberry being likely to be out of market soon. Sad thing is that their servers which is responsible for this blackberry browsing services, also goes with them
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 5:44am On Jan 10, 2013
my glo internet disconnects every 15 minutes on the dot. i'll have to restart the system to be able to reconnect again. what might be the problem?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by tyoseni(m): 7:29am On Jan 10, 2013
luluosas: @All, please, remember that ZTE USB Mdems are self unlucking modems. So, you need to install the unlocker software on your computer to unlock it YOURSELF.
You can only unlock Huawei USB Modems with 3rd parties. Good lock.

pls luluosas, can U pls send the ZTE MF631 unlocker software, my inbox is tyoseni@yahoo.com. I will highly appreciate it. Thanks.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Chitexs250(m): 7:33am On Jan 10, 2013
Hello bros luluosas please I also need that zte software too this is my email Chitexs250@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 10, 2013
the.game:
i hope this stuff lasts long cause we keep hearing news about Rim and blackberry being likely to be out of market soon. Sad thing is that their servers which is responsible for this blackberry browsing services, also goes with them

Not in naija
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by sinade1(m): 9:38am On Jan 10, 2013
I cannot browse again after I got the following message:

Sorry, your call cannot go through. Please try later. Thank you.

Does it mean the pending BB data plan i have been using was not successful?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 10:12am On Jan 10, 2013
sinade1: I cannot browse again after I got the following message:

Sorry, your call cannot go through. Please try later. Thank you.

Does it mean the pending BB data plan i have been using was not successful?
Did you check your account to confirm if your subscription money was refunded to you? It will only be so after unsuccessful BB activation from 777. Try and send 'Status' to 777 now and post the response you will receive. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 10:26am On Jan 10, 2013
Chitexs250: Hello bros luluosas please I also need that zte software too this is my email Chitexs250@gmail.com
Thanks
Check your inbox for the ZTE Software. By the way, I added you to my Circles on Google+. Hope you are not angry. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 10:33am On Jan 10, 2013
tyoseni:

pls luluosas, can U pls send the ZTE MF631 unlocker software, my inbox is tyoseni@yahoo.com. I will highly appreciate it. Thanks.
Check your inbox for the ZTE Software.
Please, visit this link http://www.win-rar.com/predownload.html?&L=0 to download WinRar for your computer so that you can unlock the modem successfully. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by busar(m): 10:50am On Jan 10, 2013
jst got to chge frm glo to airtel cos of the unstable network embarassed
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 11:10am On Jan 10, 2013
GENERAL ADVICE:
@All, please, if you want to buy a modem you can unlock, don't buy Airtel's ZTE MF190 USB Stick because, the modem is factory unlocked, which means it is already open but, tied ONLY to Airtel network. Meaning, even if it can accept other network Sim by default, you can never connect with it no matter the system you are using.
This advice became necessary as a result of my encounter this morning. Therefore, go for Modems that will ask for unlock code anytime you put a different Sim card in it, to save you the option of buying all network USB because you want to connect to the internet.
However, this may not be the only modem with this type of situation which may cut across all service providers in Nigeria. Cheers.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 11:11am On Jan 10, 2013
^^^^^^
I tried attaching image to the above but it refused to post.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by chakaz(m): 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2013
luluosas:
Check your inbox for the ZTE modem unlocker.
Thanks Bro.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 1:05pm On Jan 10, 2013
chakaz:
Thanks Bro.
You are welcome.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Lawalmd(m): 1:12pm On Jan 10, 2013
i have recieved the activation succesful message but i dont have internet signal since yesterday i don call cc i don tire seff make i still dey use my airtel jare
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 1:28pm On Jan 10, 2013
I tried attaching image to the above but it refused to post.
Here are the images.

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by xzit(m): 1:30pm On Jan 10, 2013
luluosas:
That may not be correct because, all the data I pulled before subscription was activated were ABSOLUTELY FREE.

how do u check data usage on d glo somonth?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 1:30pm On Jan 10, 2013
Lawalmd: i have recieved the activation succesful message but i dont have internet signal since yesterday i don call cc i don tire seff make i still dey use my airtel jare
No signal? What is your location and what is the display issue on your device?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 1:32pm On Jan 10, 2013
xzit:

how do u check data usage on d glo somonth?
Send 'Status' to 777 now and your current plan, including your remaining data volume and expiring date will be sent to you by 777. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (102)

Tecno M5 discussion thread / Android, Anyone? / The Galaxy A Series!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.