Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,436 members, 7,861,235 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:48 AM

Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues (31985 Views)

Why Believers Should Leave Atheists Alone / Why Believers Rush To Pastors To Pray For Them / Why Christians / Believers Should Not Attend Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by shdemidemi(m): 9:20am On Aug 27, 2013
Gombs:

gringrin I guess uv studied and you've shown yourself approved...a worker who needn't be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth 2Tim 2v15

If you are trying to get me into another argument, good luck at that.
I yam laffin jare gringrin

Do I really need say anything more, keep laughing in ignorance jare grin

When a debate gets to a stage where one party starts making frivolous remarks like you are doing, I understand the need to stop such debate for you are already wrapped up in misery where your ego beclouds your judgement and your conscience from saying 'o I think I got it slightly wrong, I will check it again'.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Gombs(m): 10:11am On Aug 27, 2013
shdemidemi:

Do I really need say anything more, keep laughing in ignorance jare grin

When a debate gets to a stage where one party starts making frivolous remarks like you are doing, I understand the need to stop such debate for you are already wrapped up in misery where your ego beclouds your judgement and your conscience from saying 'o I think I got it slightly wrong, I will check it again'.

Your opinion above is duly noted. Thanks grin
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 27, 2013
shdemidemi:

Tongues are done away with bro.

We've provided scriptural answers to your queries,now lets go back from where i asked you a pertinent question but you have not provided any answer so far. I won't reply your dumb post until you give us a reasonable answer here.

1 CORINTHIANS 13:8.
8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there
be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be KNOWLEDGE, it SHALL VANISH AWAY.

You claim to be a teacher of the word,heck! you re even going to teach us in the grace convention. The queshion is: Has knowledge vanish away?

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Gombs(m): 10:22am On Aug 27, 2013
^^
This question he asked and many others has been answered pages back...but the dude has a thing for redundancy. He wants to keep wallowing in same mud, even after you've adequately furnished him with biblical facts.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Joagbaje(m): 10:24am On Aug 27, 2013
Bidam: We've provided scriptural answers to your queries,now lets go back from where i asked you a pertinent question but you have not provided any answer so far. I won't reply your dumb post until you give us a reasonable answer here.

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there

You claim to be a teacher of the word,heck! you re even going to teach us in the grace convention. The queshion is: Has knowledge vanish away?

Great question? .

2 Likes

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by shdemidemi(m): 10:34am On Aug 27, 2013
Bidam: We've provided scriptural answers to your queries,now lets go back from where i asked you a pertinent question but you have not provided any answer so far. I won't reply your dumb post until you give us a reasonable answer here.

1 cor 13

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

Watch carefully please! also take note that prophesy means teaching here.

In verse 8, Paul mentioned three gifts prophecies, tongues, knowledge

He moved to verse 9, He mentioned two gifts that we have in part leaving out tongues. We have two gifts in verse 9 in part, the gift of knowledge and prophesy

He moved to verse 10 to say the gifts we have in part(knowledge and prophesy) shall be done away with. When? when that which is perfect is come, that is, the day we see Christ even the gift of knowledge and teaching would seize for we would have no need for them.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Gombs(m): 11:13am On Aug 27, 2013
shdemidemi:

1 cor 13

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

He moved to verse 9, He mentioned two gifts that we have in part leaving out tongues. We have two gifts in verse 9 in part, the gift of knowledge and prophesy

He moved to verse 10 to say the gifts we have in part(knowledge and prophesy) shall be done away with. When? when that which is perfect is come, that is, the day we see Christ even the gift of knowledge and teaching would seize for we would have no need for them.

gringrin getting it twisted again and yet not answering the question. Let's look at it in the GNB translation

8 Love is eternal. There are inspired messages, but they are temporary; there are gifts of speaking in strange tongues, but they will cease; there is knowledge, but it will pass. 9 For our gifts of knowledge and of inspired messages are only partial; 10 but when what is perfect comes, then what is partial will disappear.

Correct

Also correct, and it's simply because tongues aint in part na (ie we don't know only a portion of speaking in tongues, do we? If we do, tell me how? Note as MSG translated same We know only a portion of the truth, and what we say about God is always incomplete.

NOW the big question is....has Knowledge been done away with Today as you conversely said "speaking in tongues is done away with" as at present.

grin

Stop interchanging prophesy and prophecy pls.
There is a difference between how prophecy and
knowledge come to an end, and how the gift of languages (tongues) does, as indicated by the Greek
verb forms used. (Prophecy does not mean forecasting
or telling the future. The gift of prophecy in its true
biblical definition means simply “speaking forth,” or
“proclaiming publicly” to which the connotation of
prediction was added sometime in the Middle Ages.

Oya answer the question in bold above

2 Likes

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 27, 2013
shdemidemi:

1 cor 13

He moved to verse 9, He mentioned two gifts that we have in part leaving out tongues. We have two gifts in verse 9 in part, the gift of knowledge and prophesy,

This where you err not knowing the scriptures,we keep telling you about context,context,context,You don't just pick a verse from scripture and build a doctrine out of it.This is called heresy.

In the mouth of two or three witnesses,a word is established.There are so many verses of scriptures that validates tongues,not one,not two,but so many.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by shdemidemi(m): 11:46am On Aug 27, 2013
Bidam: This where you err not knowing the scriptures,we keep telling you about context,context,context,You don't just pick a verse from scripture and build a doctrine out of it.This is called heresy.

In the mouth of two or three witnesses,a word is established.There are so many verses of scriptures that validates tongues,not one,not two,but so many.

You have just decided to be hard heartened to the truth that stares you in the face. Please show me other passages in scripture that validate speaking gibberish.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by shdemidemi(m): 11:57am On Aug 27, 2013
Gombs:

gringrin getting it twisted again and yet not answering the question. Let's look at it in the GNB translation

8 Love is eternal. There are inspired messages, but they are temporary; there are gifts of speaking in strange tongues, but they will cease; there is knowledge, but it will pass. 9 For our gifts of knowledge and of inspired messages are only partial; 10 but when what is perfect comes, then what is partial will disappear.

My friend, I hope you are not partially blind grin

The scripture the partial gift will cease! Fromyour above quote wht are the partial gifts (not temporal gifts pls).

Gombs:
NOW the big question is....has Knowledge been done away with Today as you conversely said "speaking in tongues is done away with" as at present.

grin

For someone acting all smart and calling pertinent questions redundant, I am disappointed you could not comprehend my explanation although it could be that you have just decided to lock your mind up to the truth.

I said the gifts we still have today are those the scripture say we have in parts which were the gift of knowledge and teaching. Therefore, you won't see Paul tell Timothy anything else with so much passion apart from these two gifts.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 27, 2013
shdemidemi:

You have just decided to be hard heartened to the truth that stares you in the face. Please show me other passages in scripture that validate speaking gibberish.
No..need.you've shown yourself to be stiff-necked despite glaring scriptural evidences staring at you in the face.Pls do refer to the pages of the thread and go through them with an open heart to learn not with a mindset to argue.CHEERS. grin
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Gombs(m): 12:23pm On Aug 27, 2013
^^
I'm done with d dude. gringrin

*unfollows thread

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by shdemidemi(m): 12:25pm On Aug 27, 2013
@bidam

^^^^I understand that your format but I will let it slide. if the only thing I achieved is to make you go back and look at your bible, I am happy.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 27, 2013
shdemidemi: @bidam

^^^^I understand that your format but I will let it slide. if the only thing I achieved is to make you go back and look at your bible, I am happy.
Yeah..i have read Corinthians many times even yesterday and today,but i will still go back and look at it.I will also advise you to do the same.Don't try to claim you know all.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 27, 2013
shdemidemi:

My friend, I hope you are not partially blind grin

The scripture the partial gift will cease! Fromyour above quote wht are the partial gifts (not temporal gifts pls).

For someone acting all smart and calling pertinent questions redundant, I am disappointed you could not comprehend my explanation although it could be that you have just decided to lock your mind up to the truth.

I said the gifts we still have today are those the scripture say we have in parts which were the gift of knowledge and teaching. Therefore, you won't see Paul tell Timothy anything else with so much passion apart from these two gifts.
Impartation of the gifts of the Spirit(tongues inclusive)can come through the laying on of hands of the elders.Paul laid hands on John disciples in Ephesus as we saw earlier in this thread, and Paul laid hands on timothy,though scriptures did not show he spoke in tongues,but we can deduce and reason that timothy flowed in the gifts of the Holy spirit and tongues was not exclusive.Shalom.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by shdemidemi(m): 1:03pm On Aug 27, 2013
Bidam: Impartation of the gifts of the Spirit(tongues inclusive)can come through the laying on of hands of the elders.Paul laid hands on John disciples in Ephesus as we saw earlier in this thread, and Paul laid hands on timothy,though scriptures did not show he spoke in tongues,but we can deduce and reason that timothy flowed in the gifts of the Holy spirit and tongues was not exclusive.Shalom.

You are trying too hard bro. Where did Paul say he imparted the spirit of tongues to Timothy?
2 Tim 1
6 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.

7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

13 [b]Hold fast the form of sound words
, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

14 That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.[/b]

Hold fast sound words (the word of God) not tongues, get people and teach them these word (not how to speak in tongues)
2 Tim 2
Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

2 And the things that thou hast heard of me(not signs that I have done or tongues but the word )among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men(teach the word), who shall be able to teach others also.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 27, 2013
shdemidemi:

You are trying too hard bro. Where did Paul say he imparted the spirit of tongues to Timothy?
2 Tim 1
6 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.

7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

13 [b]Hold fast the form of sound words
, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

14 That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.[/b]

Hold fast sound words (the word of God) not tongues, get people and teach them these word (not how to speak in tongues)
2 Tim 2
Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

2 And the things that thou hast heard of me(not signs that I have done or tongues but the word )among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men(teach the word), who shall be able to teach others also.
You are also trying hard.My battery is low.Guess i will respond later.Cheers.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by shdemidemi(m): 1:14pm On Aug 27, 2013
Bidam: You are also trying hard.My battery is low.Guess i will respond later.Cheers.

Speak for yourself bro, I am glad you admit you are trying hard anyway. I actually think we are done with this tongue issue.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 27, 2013
shdemidemi:

Speak for yourself bro, I am glad you admit you are trying hard anyway. I actually think we are done with this tongue issue.
My trying hard is in defense of the real gospel,yours is in propagating deceptive doctrines and lies.You see the difference? grin
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by shdemidemi(m): 1:35pm On Aug 27, 2013
Bidam: My trying hard is in defense of the real gospel,yours is in propagating deceptive doctrines and lies.You see the difference? grin

grin grin grin Yet another twist, your presumptions remain you personal opinion and not scripture.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 3:28pm On Aug 27, 2013
Bidam: My trying hard is in defense of the real gospel,yours is in propagating deceptive doctrines and lies.You see the difference? grin

Your twisting ["wrest" {2 Kepha (Peter) 3:16}] and perversion of Father Yahweh's inspired prophetic word is in fact propagating deceptive doctrines and lies. I have never once witnessed anyone speaking in tongues in all of the many churches that I have visited throughout my lifetime. I have never received any edification whatsoever from any of these churches that deceptively proclaimed that they spoke in tongues.

Speaking In Tongues (Languages)
http://www.angelfire.com/wy/Franklin4YAHWEH/Tongues.html
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 27, 2013
shdemidemi:

grin grin grin Yet another twist, your presumptions remain you personal opinion and not scripture.
grin grin You don't even know the work of the Holy Spirit in the lives of believers,yet you claim He is God,see your life? grin
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 27, 2013
Frank4YAHWEH:

Your twisting ["wrest" {2 Kepha (Peter) 3:16}] and perversion of Father Yahweh's inspired prophetic word is in fact propagating deceptive doctrines and lies. I have never once witnessed anyone speaking in tongues in all of the many churches that I have visited throughout my lifetime . I have never received any edification whatsoever from any of these churches that deceptively proclaimed that they spoke in tongues.

Speaking In Tongues (Languages)
http://www.angelfire.com/wy/Franklin4YAHWEH/Tongues.html
Too bad,my bet is that you would have believed,seeing you are an unbeliever. BTW,You are yet to address my post to the false heretic teacher you posted. grin
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by SalC: 4:37pm On Aug 27, 2013
Ayatullah:

Because you know you are a failure.
The only failure I see here is you not achieving you aim of coming here so fly back to your coven.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by shdemidemi(m): 5:27pm On Aug 27, 2013
Bidam: grin grin You don't even know the work of the Holy Spirit in the lives of believers,yet you claim He is God,see your life? grin

Where did this come from? E b like you jus discover something wey you need clarification to! Anyway I don't have a clue of what you said there.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 27, 2013
shdemidemi:

Where did this come from? E b like you jus discover something wey you need clarification to! Anyway I don't have a clue of what you said there.
I have known you for quite some time in this forum.Your stand( i stand to be corrected though) is that the Holy Spirit is not a force but a third person in the Godhead.

He came to dwell in us and does not do anything independent of us.

He teaches,empowers,strengthen,guides,convicts and talks to us.

1.I want you to explain how the Holy Spirit can groan independent of us?

2.How the Holy spirit was able to speak in the middle of the air that Paul and Barnabas should be separated for the work of the ministry without using a human vessel.?

3.How the Holy Spirit is able to empower us?

Let me hear your views on these issues for now.

2 Likes

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 7:06pm On Aug 27, 2013
shdemidemi:

... Anyway I don't have a clue of what you said there.

Maybe Bidham was speaking in an "unknown tongue" Nah! cheesy Gibberish! grin
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 7:23pm On Aug 27, 2013
Bidam: Too bad,my bet is that you would have believed,seeing you are an unbeliever. BTW,You are yet to address my post to the false heretic teacher you posted. grin

No, it is not "too bad", but righteous! smiley You lose the bet BTW! cheesy I am a believer that does not believe in the false doctrine of speaking in "unknown" tongues. As far as the excerpt of the article that I posted, it speaks for itself in plain English and not an "unknown" tongue! grin As far as addressing your post, it is nothing but lies of deception! cheesy
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 5:45am On Aug 28, 2013
Frank4YAHWEH:

No, it is not "too bad", but righteous! smiley You lose the bet BTW! cheesy I am a believer that does not believe in the false doctrine of speaking in "unknown" tongues. As far as the excerpt of the article that I posted, it speaks for itself in plain English and not an "unknown" tongue! grin As far as addressing your post, it is nothing but lies of deception! cheesy
My point is you can be religious and yet not really be a born-again child of God. But when you are born again, the very same Bible that you have been reading looks different. The Bible becomes clear and easy to understand when you are born again.It takes the Holy Spirit(The third person in the God head) to explain these things we are saying to you.

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by shdemidemi(m): 7:39am On Aug 28, 2013
Bidam: I have known you for quite some time in this forum.Your stand( i stand to be corrected though) is that the Holy Spirit is not a force but a third person in the Godhead.

He came to dwell in us and does not do anything independent of us.

He teaches,empowers,strengthen,guides,convicts and talks to us.

2.How the Holy spirit was able to speak in the middle of the air that Paul and Barnabas should be separated for the work of the ministry without using a human vessel.?

3.How the Holy Spirit is able to empower us?

Let me hear your views on these issues for now..

Fantastic question, I must say. We need to go into chapter 8 as exegetes of the word to find the answer to your question.

We must understand one vital posit and attribute of God. He is Omniscience. this means He knows the beginning from the end. He has designed every man (good or bad) according to His purpose.

One may ask, how can God make someone bad? I will refer you to the story of Pharaoh and Israel. God ruined Pharaoh and his soldiers just to prove to His elected people that He is God. The bible records it that God hardened the heart of Pharaoh so he can further hold Israel captive.

In Romans 8, God subjected everything he created to vanity, he made mankind work for vanity, he made the stones cry for the day of the Lord, he made every man and woman groan in dissatisfaction: therefore, no matter who you are in the world, God has created an emptiness in you that can never be filled but man try to fill up that gap, some go by the way of money, some shopping, some drugs, some sex etc but we are never satisfied because we would always want that one thing we feel is eluding us, that thing we feel we are missing out on.

20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him(God) who hath subjected the same in hope,

God has made money vanity, he made children vanity, he made cars vanity, He made every created thing vanity. He has caused everything to groan, everyone (believers and unbelievers) but the difference with the groaning of a believer is the assurance that God has left a deposit of His Spirit in us as a down payment to come get us at that appointed time.

22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

We now know that the sons of God groan too, that is we suffer, you can only groan in pain, in discomfort. God made it so, so we can hope for that day 'For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.' That puts the 'prosperity doctrine' in the ditch because we have not been called to be comfortable here in the world, we have been called to serve God even as soldiers serve their countries at war. Nothing matters to a soldier at war, he is focused at the work at hand. His children, wife, money, comfort does not matter at this time he has to be mentally, physically focus at work.

2 Timothy 2
3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

But as men that we are, when we groan we ask God even though he has told us not to ask that He knows the things we need. Even apostle Paul prayed three separate times for a need to be met-

2 Corinthians 12

8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Thinking of this things from a natural man's point of view, one would say the apostle must be mad. How could he say he would glory in his weakness, troubles, afflictions, poverty or what have you. All in all the apostle prayed whether in tongues or in plain language, the response to all our prayers is determined by the will of God according to His grace.

The scripture then conclude that man can't pray because we don't know what God is actually doing when we are going through difficult times. Man naturally does not like any discomfort in his body but God is saying you can only reign with me if you suffer with me. God is simply saying a woman can not enjoy the glory of having a child without suffering the pain of child labour. Joseph cannot become the prime minister without going through betrayal and incarceration; As a man Joseph must have been praying to come out of prison but all that would be in futility because Joseph does not know how to pray simply because he is not OMNISCIENCE, God is all knowing thus He perfectly knew the end of that story. But, there is a Spirit of God within us that knows the mind of God, The Spirit groans even within us and He is always there even when we are sleeping, when we are sick, and even when we are down, making supplications on our behalf.

26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
This is an indicative benefit of being a son of God.

To be continued....

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by lahchi: 8:29am On Aug 28, 2013
It is funny how people understand the Bible... Jesus told disciples to gather together and pray at a particular period in a particular place and that the Holy Spirit would descend upon them.
Question 1: Are you the Disciples?
The reason for the coming of the Holy Spirit upon them was for a purpose, The Holy Spirit gave them divided tongues "Acts 2:3 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them." and we were further made to understand that the tongues that sat upon them were different and each of them got a tongue. They were twelve disciples meaning they had 12 tongues.
"Acts 2:5 And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven. 6 And when this sound occurred, the multitude came together, and were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language. 7 Then they were all amazed and marveled, saying to one another, “Look, are not all these who speak Galileans? 8 And how is it that we hear, each in our own language in which we were born?" This clearly states that the tongues the disciples spoke, the tongues the Holy spirit gave to them were the languages of the people who heard them.
"Tongues Must Be Interpreted

[NKJV]1Corithians 14:6 But now, brethren, if I come to you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you unless I speak to you either by revelation, by knowledge, by prophesying, or by teaching? 7 Even things without life, whether flute or harp, when they make a sound, unless they make a distinction in the sounds, how will it be known what is piped or played? 8 For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare for battle? 9 So likewise you, unless you utter by the tongue words easy to understand, how will it be known what is spoken? For you will be speaking into the air. 10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world, and none of them is without significance. 11 Therefore, if I do not know the meaning of the language, I shall be a foreigner to him who speaks, and he who speaks will be a foreigner to me." Tongues must be interpreted so if you are not doing that, you hd better because that's what the BIBLE SAYS. The Church of Christ Greets You.

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 2:50pm On Aug 28, 2013
Bidam: My point is you can be religious and yet not really be a born-again child of God. But when you are born again, the very same Bible that you have been reading looks different. The Bible becomes clear and easy to understand when you are born again.It takes the Holy Spirit(The third person in the God head) to explain these things we are saying to you.

You are not "born again"! cheesy Nowhere in Scripture will you ever find a doctrine concerning a "third person in the God head." This is only one more deceptive doctrine that you offer concerning YOUR "God" that can not be found taught in Scripture. Scripture is where we are to get our doctrine for reproof and correction and instruction in righteousness, that we may be perfect and thoroughly furnished unto all righteous works. We are not to get our doctrine from so-called "Church" creeds divised by men at some later point in time, but we are to live by EVERY WORD that proceeds out of the mouth of Father Yahweh. His inspired prophetic word is Scripture and is THE SWORD OF THE SPIRIT. The sword of the spirit is not the "unknown" tongues that you deceptively profess to speak.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities / Bishop Kukah: Nigeria not worth dying for / Facts About Orisa Aje: The Goddess Of Wealth & Prosperity -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.