Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues (31928 Views)

Why Believers Should Leave Atheists Alone / Why Believers Rush To Pastors To Pray For Them / Why Christians / Believers Should Not Attend Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by topstar80(m): 8:01pm On Aug 28, 2013
How can i be endowed wid d speaking......i love it nd try to work by GOD's commands buh,it isnt coming......sometimes i feel holy nd sometimes i feel like d worst man on earth......i dont knw w@s happening to me.......each tym derz an opprotunity to receive d spirit wch av longd for,my heart just get easily diversed.........
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 28, 2013
topstar80: How can i be endowed wid d speaking......i love it nd try to work by GOD's commands buh,it isnt coming......sometimes i feel holy nd sometimes i feel like d worst man on earth......i dont knw w@s happening to me.......each tym derz an opprotunity to receive d spirit wch av longd for,my heart just get easily diversed.........
Bro..anything we receive from God is by Faith,first you've got to stop thinking that you re the worst person on planet earth.The purpose why Jesus came is to cleanse us from our sins.No one is righteous before God.

We obtain the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus by Faith in the word of God.

Here is an extract from Hagin on seven vital step to receive the Holy Spirit. I pray you receive this precious gift as you study it prayerfully.God bless you.

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another
Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of
truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not,
neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you,
and shall be in you.
- John 14:16,17

This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having
received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed
forth this, which ye now see and hear.
— Acts 2:32,33

Firstly you have to understand like i said earlier that God gave the gift of the Holy Spirit on the Day of Pentecost. This gift has been available ever since.It is up to you to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.You are not to beg God to fill you with the Holy Spirit. Unbelief begs. Faith shouts the victory.

Second, anyone who is saved is ready to receive the Holy Spirit.Are you saved?

ACTS 2:38
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the
name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of
the Holy Ghost

I noticed that we have incorporated many man made traditions into our Full Gospel theology. People think they have to do certain things, or somehow clean up their lives before receiving the Holy Spirit,just like you were thinking right now.

If we could clean up our lives ourselves, what would we need with the blood of Jesus Christ? I'm blood-washed — blood-bought. If you're saved, you're clean too bro...

But people get the idea that they must do something to receive this gift of the Holy Spirit. You can't do anything for a gift. It ceases to be a gift if you have to work for it.

I've heard people tell about what they did and what they gave up to receive the Holy Spirit. I didn't give up anything; I just became a child of God and didn't want to do wrong. I got my nature changed.

When you are born again, there is a change that comes inside. Your spirit is recreated. And if you're saved, you are ready to be filled with the Holy Spirit. You don't have to do anything but ask to receive.

Third, it is scriptural to receive the Holy Spirit when hands are laid on You.I guess this is where your pastor comes in or anyone you know who is spiritual mature and believes in the gift cos not every christian believe in this.

Some are given the gift of laying on of hands for people to receive the Holy Spirit and healing. This gift is given by God, as we see from Acts 8:18-20.

Fourth,when hands are laid on you by elders of your church you are to speak! The Holy Spirit will act on your vocal cords, lips, and tongue, and will put supernatural words on your lips, but you must put the sound into action and speak out.The Holy Spirit gives the utterance, but you do the speaking.

ACTS 2:4
4 And THEY were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and BEGAN TO SPEAK
with other tongues, AS THE SPIRIT GAVE THEM UTTERANCE.

"They" is the subject of the sentence. They did the talking. The Holy Spirit gave them the utterance.

ACTS 10:44-46
44While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which
heard the word.
45And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as
came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of
the Holy Ghost.
46For THEY HEARD THEM SPEAK WITH TONGUES, and magnify
God.

ACTS 19:6
6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them;
and THEY SPAKE WITH TONGUES, and prophesied.

Acts 19:6 says, "And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied."
Therefore, it is to be expected that when you receives the Holy Spirit, you will speak in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.

The Holy Spirit does not speak in tongues. The Holy Spirit does not take our tongues and talk. We do the speaking in tongues.

Nowhere in the New Testament does it state that the Holy Spirit speaks in tongues. Always the individual does the speaking, but the Holy Spirit gives the utterance.

Many people say, "I'm afraid I'm going to receive in the flesh." You can't receive any other way! Speaking in tongues is men and women in the flesh worshipping God in the Spirit. God promised in Joel 2:28, "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all FLESH. ..."

Fifth, you are to disregard all fears you got from foolish teachers who said that you might receive something counterfeit.You will not receive a substitute for the Holy Spirit.Look at this scripture below.

LUKE 11:11-13
11If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a
stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
12Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
13If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how
much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask
him?

Sixth, You are to open your mouth wide — this can be an act of faith — breathe in, and tell God, "I am receiving the Holy Spirit right now by faith."

When Jesus said, "Come and drink," He was speaking of the Holy Spirit. When a person takes a drink of water, he opens his mouth and takes a breath. You can't take a drink of water with your mouth closed,and you can't receive the Holy Spirit with your mouth closed.

You are not to speak a single word in your native language(you can't speak two languages at once). The mind cannot enter into this experience; it comes from the heart.You are to relax and then fearlessly, boldly, lift up your voice and make those supernatural sounds that want to come, working your tongue and lips as if you were speaking your native language.

You should note that speaking in tongues is actually cooperation between you and the Holy Spirit.Just expect the Holy Spirit will give you words; that your tongue will seem to want to say something.This is so in every case.

The Holy Spirit gives the utterance; the person must do the talking.The supernatural part is what is being said-it is not who is talking.

When you can sense that the Holy Spirit is moving on your lips and tongue, you are to speak any sounds it seems easy to speak,regardless of what they are. That's faith.THAT is lifting your voice and trusting God for guidance.
Just go right on speaking, praising God with those supernatural words until a free, clear language comes and you have the inner assurance that you have received.

There are two ways the utterance comes.Many people hear the supernatural words forming inside their inner
being, and the words bubble up until they are spoken through the mouth.

Another way is by a fluttering of the lips. The candidate may feel a tightening of the jaw, and his tongue may feel thick. The Holy Spirit does this because the lips and the tongue are the organs we use to form words.
This is the way He gives us utterance, or prompts us to speak. But we have to speak out the sounds ourselves.You get full by drinking. Ephesians 5:18,19 says, "And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but BE FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord." (The "spiritual songs"spoken of here do not mean songs out of song books, but songs given by the Holy Spirit.)

Seventh, we never crowd around a person who has come to receive the infilling of the Holy Spirit, and we never permit a crowd to gather around him. There have been instances in Full Gospel meetings where people gathered around a candidate and offered conflicting instructions.

A person on his right would shout in his ear, "Hang on!" The person on his left would shout, "Turn loose!" Another person would pound him on the back and shout, "Die out!"

In spite of this, many candidates received the Holy Spirit. Not because of it, but in spite of it! The ignorance of these people, bless their darling hearts, often cheated the candidates out of the blessing because it frightened them, and they went away without ever receiving the Holy Spirit.

Those present should pray in the Spirit if they pray out loud; otherwise, they should pray quietly in their natural language.

These seven steps are the steps I have used to get people filled with the Holy Spirit without tarrying, without waiting — and almost without exception.Stay blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 5:03am On Aug 29, 2013
Bidam: No one is righteous before God.

Poppycock!

For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of Yahweh, you may receive what was promised. But THE RIGHTEOUS will live by faith. If he shrinks back, My soul has no pleasure in him (Hebrews 10:36-37).

Job and Yahshua the Messiah were both righteous suffering servants of Father Yahweh.

In the land of Uz there lived a man whose name was Job [Afflicted or Attacked]. This man was blameless and upright; he feared Yahweh and shunned evil (Job 1:1).

This is why "it was credited to him [Moshe] as righteousness" (Romans 4:22).

All Scripture is given by inspiration of Yahweh, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of Yahweh may be perfect, THROUGHLY FURNISHED unto all righteous works (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

Come now, and let us reason together, says Yahweh: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be [white] as wool. IF you are willing and obedient, you shall eat of the righteousness of the land: But if you refuse and rebel, you shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of Yahweh has spoken it (Isayah 1:18-20).

When one is washed clean of past sins by way of Yahshua's sacrifice, and by their turning in obedince to Father Yahweh's instruction [torah, "law"], they in turn are without sin. This is a great position to be in! One must heed the following warning if they choose to turn back to sin [being disobedient to Father Yahweh - 1 Yahchanan [John 3:4)]:

For if we sin [disobey Father Yahweh's instruction {torah, "law"}] WILFULLY after we have received the knowledge of the truth, THERE REMAINS NO MORE SACRIFICE FOR SIN, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the ADVERSARIES (Hebrews 10:26-27).

When one disobeys Father Yahweh's instruction [sins] after receiving the knowledge of the truth they are placed in the same position that Satan the ADVERSARY is placed in "because he knows that his time is short” (Revelation 12:12) and he has sinned from the very beginning.

He that commits sin IS OF THE DEVIL; for the devil sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the son of Yahweh was made known, that he might destroy the works of the devil {1 Yahchanan [John] 3:8}.

If one turns back to being in disobedience to Father Yahweh's instruction [torah, "law"], they in turn are letting Satan again take control of their lives by giving into the temptation of sin and they will be destroyed by fire with Satan.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 5:30am On Aug 29, 2013
topstar80: How can i be endowed wid d speaking......i love it nd try to work by GOD's commands buh,it isnt coming......sometimes i feel holy nd sometimes i feel like d worst man on earth......i dont knw w@s happening to me.......each tym derz an opprotunity to receive d spirit wch av longd for,my heart just get easily diversed.........

What is it that you are saying that you love? It sounds like you are saying that you love trying to speak in tongues and that it does not happen? Those who spoke back then in diverse languages were not trying to speak in tongues! Father Yahweh simply gave them utterance or in other words, simply caused them to speak in diverse languages. One does not attempt to receive a gift. It is simply given to them. Don't believe what Bidham is teaching here about speaking in "unknown" tongues. The "unknown" tongues he professes to speak is nothing but a farse. He does not speak in tongues at all. He is just attempting to make you feel that he is more spiritual than you. Speaking in a so-called "unknown" tongues is not evidence of having Father Yahweh's spirit! Scripture does not even teach such foolishness as speaking in "unknown" tongues! Evidence of having Father Yahweh spirit is in fact taking His instructional word to heart by doing His will, since the sword of the spirit is His word. This is the most integral part of the armour that we must put on to fight off the wiles of the devil. This is why it is said that you will know the children of Yahweh by their fruit that they bear. The righteous acts that they perform in obedience to Father Yahweh's word. This is the true evidence that one is a child of Father Yahweh and that they have received His spirit, not speaking in so-called "unknown" tongues.

For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of Yahweh, you may receive what was promised. But THE RIGHTEOUS will live by faith. If he shrinks back, My soul has no pleasure in him (Hebrews 10:36-37).

Job and Yahshua the Messiah were both righteous suffering servants of Father Yahweh.

In the land of Uz there lived a man whose name was Job [Afflicted or Attacked]. This man was blameless and upright; he feared Yahweh and shunned evil (Job 1:1).

This is why "it was credited to him [Moshe] as righteousness" (Romans 4:22).

All Scripture is given by inspiration of Yahweh, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of Yahweh may be perfect, THROUGHLY FURNISHED unto all righteous works (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

Come now, and let us reason together, says Yahweh: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be [white] as wool. IF you are willing and obedient, you shall eat of the righteousness of the land: But if you refuse and rebel, you shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of Yahweh has spoken it (Isayah 1:18-20).

When one is washed clean of past sins by way of Yahshua's sacrifice, and by their turning in obedince to Father Yahweh's instruction [torah, "law"], they in turn are without sin. This is a great position to be in! One must heed the following warning if they choose to turn back to sin [being disobedient to Father Yahweh - 1 Yahchanan [John 3:4)]:

For if we sin [disobey Father Yahweh's instruction {torah, "law"}] WILFULLY after we have received the knowledge of the truth, THERE REMAINS NO MORE SACRIFICE FOR SIN, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the ADVERSARIES (Hebrews 10:26-27).

When one disobeys Father Yahweh's instruction [sins] after receiving the knowledge of the truth they are placed in the same position that Satan the ADVERSARY is placed in "because he knows that his time is short” (Revelation 12:12) and he has sinned from the very beginning.

He that commits sin IS OF THE DEVIL; for the devil sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the son of Yahweh was made known, that he might destroy the works of the devil {1 Yahchanan [John] 3:8}.

If one turns back to being in disobedience to Father Yahweh's instruction [torah, "law"], they in turn are letting Satan again take control of their lives by giving into the temptation of sin and they will be destroyed by fire with Satan.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 6:17am On Aug 29, 2013
@bidam and his crew

Have you ever experienced xenoglossia?

This is used tro describe what happened on the day of pentecost where someone is able to speak a language he had not learned before and is understood by users of that language.it is like an igbo man with no prior knowlege of yoruba suddenly preaching to a yoruba man in his native yoruba dialect.Xenoglossia can hardly be faked and is a very rare phenomenom.

Glossolalia is another term which is used to decribe what st paul wrote about in 1 corinthians 12-14.It can easily be faked as the languages are not normally discernible to humans and as such except you are gifted you will not be able to discern if a person is faking it.

Glossolalia which the scripture clearly describes as an inferior gift to prophecy and teaching has been so flatly abused in our present generation.
It is no longer practised as directed by the scriptures(maximum of three people in a church and one after another and if no interpreter exists the person should shut up)

Nowadays the mad house described by paul in our churches are what is obtainanble in most of pentecostal churches.People now do it for show,at times more than 100 people at a time.These churches now impress upon their members to compulsorily speak in tongues and as a result most of them fake it so as not to appear as if there are the only 'sinners' in the midst of 'holy people'.

I think its high time these churches retraces their steps and use these gifts as directed by scriptures in the 1st book of corinthians.

2 Likes

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 29, 2013
@topstar80, Let not all these negative posts deter you from receiving the wonderful gift of the Holy Ghost.Jesus says if any man thirst let him come,,Paul says you should desire earnestly spiritual gifts.Please study those outline i gave you prayerfully.

satan is jealous and angry about what he doesn't understand so he uses willing vessels to achieve his aim as you can see here.satan knows that once these gifts are present in the Church it will release the breakthrough governmental power that will destroy his demonic strategies.

So the enemy has tried with all his might to rob the Church of the release and recognition of these gifts as part of the arsenal of the present-day end-time Church.

It has been taught in religious schools of learning that they have disappeared from the modern church,showing up only in the book of Acts as part of the beginnings of the Church in the Earth.In doing this,satan has tried to rob the Church of the explosiveness of strength that will carry it through to the finish of all things.

We are very much aware from a biblical perspective the schemes,manipulations,wiles and strategies of satan.

We are not ignorant of his devices.It is well my brother.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by shdemidemi(m): 9:07am On Aug 29, 2013
^^^^^^My problem with you is the constant misuse of an understandable language (tongues) and the gibberish you are encouraging this brother to accept as a proof of the Holy Spirit. The day anyone accept to be a sinner and admit in his heart that Christ died, He was buried and He resurrected for his sake that fellow automatically has the Holy Spirit.

What such person's heart is saying in essence is I died with Christ, I was buried with Him and I resurrected with Him never to die again.

Romans 6:3
Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

You might not physically feel anything or speak in any tongue but the bible says you should consider that all these things had happened instantly in the realm of the spirit.

11For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11 Likewise you also, reckon (consider)yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Just think of it this way, when a man and a woman go in to Holy matrimony, all they do is speak words and both part trust each other's word. In the same manner, when we come in to Christ we must trust His word through faith.

Romans 9:9
that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”

By the time you take these steps you have become a son of God and hence you would not only have the Holy Spirit, you would be led by the Holy Spirit

Romans 8
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.”
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Kenny4lyfe(m): 1:58pm On Aug 29, 2013
topstar80: How can i be endowed wid d speaking...... i love it nd try to work by GOD's commands buh,it isnt coming......sometimes i feel holy nd sometimes i feel like d worst man on earth......i dont knw w@s happening to me....... each tym derz an opprotunity to receive d spirit wch av longd for,my heart just get easily diversed.........

1. i love it nd try to work by GOD's commands buh,it isnt coming

Beloved, if you really love {i.e desire} to speak in tongues then, there's no need to "try to work by God's command" {I don't know the commands you're refering to except that the only condition that qualifies you for the in-filling of the Holy Spirit is being born again. I'll say it's not a command per-say, it's a choice.} So, you decide. Do you want to speak in tongues or not?!

2. sometimes i feel holy nd sometimes i feel like d worst man on earth

That's the work of the devil! You ought to declare your righteousness in Christ Jesus imediately such feelings arises. Those feelings are not from your spirit, the devil is using your five sences to play games on you!
1. Resist the devil and he'll flee from you James 4:7
2. Bring your sences under total subjection to God's will for you. Read Hebrews 5:14.

3. each tym derz an opprotunity to receive d spirit wch av longd for,my heart just get easily diversed.

This means you've got work to do. Whenever you find yourself in that atmosphere where the gift will be kick-started then rid yourself of all form of distraction! You can declare words like "In the name of Jesus, I refused to be distracted at this moment. Lord I cast all my cares upon you at this moment!".
Know this: The devil is not always comfortable whenever he knows you're about to break free from him. That's when he'll give it his best shot to keep you dormant. That's when he'll remind you of those unsettled rent bills, school fees, that birthday gift you promised a friend and so on and so forth! All you've got to do is resist him James 4:7! He's a dog, he'll flee with his tail between his legs!

You can as well create that atmosphere wherever you are. All you gotta do is get yourself alone and switch on an atmosphere of praise, an atmosphere of worship; God inhabits such atmosphere, Psalm 22:3. Let it go on and on and God is ever faithful to His promise {Joel 2:28-29, Acts 2:17-18} which He has promised!
God bless you! grin

NOTE: If you have any Arguement(s) conserning this post, don't quote me 'cus I will not reply YOU!
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by lahchi: 2:22pm On Aug 29, 2013
chukwudi44: @bidam and his crew

Have you ever experienced xenoglossia?

This is used tro describe what happened on the day of pentecost where someone is able to speak a language he had not learned before and is understood by users of that language.it is like an igbo man with no prior knowlege of yoruba suddenly preaching to a yoruba man in his native yoruba dialect.Xenoglossia can hardly be faked and is a very rare phenomenom.

Glossolalia is another term which is used to decribe what st paul wrote about in 1 corinthians 12-14.It can easily be faked as the languages are not normally discernible to humans and as such except you are gifted you will not be able to discern if a person is faking it.

Glossolalia which the scripture clearly describes as an inferior gift to prophecy and teaching has been so flatly abused in our present generation.
It is no longer practised as directed by the scriptures(maximum of three people in a church and one after another and if no interpreter exists the person should shut up)

Nowadays the mad house described by paul in our churches are what is obtainanble in most of pentecostal churches.People now do it for show,at times more than 100 people at a time.These churches now impress upon their members to compulsorily speak in tongues and as a result most of them fake it so as not to appear as if there are the only 'sinners' in the midst of 'holy people'.

I think its high time these churches retraces their steps and use these gifts as directed by scriptures in the 1st book of corinthians.

Does this mean you imply that paul meant the languages where heavenly and there diverse heavenly languages to be spoken? If our claim of heavenly language is true it simply implies that this passage shouldn't have been put in the scriptures "1 Corinthians 14:20 Brethren, do not be children in understanding; however, in malice be babes, but in understanding be mature. 21 In the law it is written: “With men of other tongues and other lips I will speak to this people; And yet, for all that, they will not hear Me,” says the Lord. 22 Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophesying is not for unbelievers but for those who believe. 23 Therefore if the whole church comes together in one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those who are uninformed or unbelievers, will they not say that you are out of your mind? 24 But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or an uninformed person comes in, he is convinced by all, he is convicted by all. 25 And thus the secrets of his heart are revealed; and so, falling down on his face, he will worship God and report that God is truly among you."

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by benalvino(m): 4:22pm On Aug 29, 2013
Am not suppose to contribute... the last time i said against speaking in tongues, i was nearly eaten alive...
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 29, 2013
benalvino: Am not suppose to contribute... the last time i said against speaking in tongues, i was nearly eaten alive...
Lol,who nearly ate you alive? Not in this thread i hope.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by benalvino(m): 4:47pm On Aug 29, 2013
Bidam: Lol,who nearly ate you alive? Not in this thread i hope.

my thread about speaking in tongues... curse from all angles. lol
bernimoore wan kill me for laugh with all his statement
1: Jesus is an angel
2: jesus is not an angel anymore
3: the angels are not angels anymore but spirit sons of God
4: we dont have spirit but breath is our nature we and animals have breath
5: angels are not spirit sons of God anymore but WIND sons of God
6: animals are sons of men
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 29, 2013
shdemidemi: ^^^^^^My problem with you is the constant misuse of an understandable language (tongues) and the gibberish you are encouraging this brother to accept as a proof of the Holy Spirit. The day anyone accept to be a sinner and admit in his heart that Christ died, He was buried and He resurrected for his sake that fellow automatically has the Holy Spirit.

What such person's heart is saying in essence is I died with Christ, I was buried with Him and I resurrected with Him never to die again.

You might not physically feel anything or speak in any tongue but the bible says you should consider that all these things had happened instantly in the realm of the spirit.

Just think of it this way, when a man and a woman go in to Holy matrimony, all they do is speak words and both part trust each other's word. In the same manner, when we come in to Christ we must trust His word through faith.

By the time you take these steps you have become a son of God and hence you would not only have the Holy Spirit, you would be led by the Holy Spirit

All these are your eisegesis which are summed up as the babble of the religious marketplace

You are still yet to tell us using scripture the questions i asked you as follows:

1.I want you to explain how the Holy Spirit can groan independent of us?

2.How the Holy spirit was able to speak in the middle of the air that Paul and Barnabas should be separated for the work of the ministry without using a human vessel.?

3.How the Holy Spirit is able to empower us?
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 29, 2013
benalvino:

my thread about speaking in tongues... curse from all angles. lol
bernimoore wan kill me for laugh with all his statement
1: Jesus is an angel
2: jesus is not an angel anymore
3: the angels are not angels anymore but spirit sons of God
4: we dont have spirit but breath is our nature we and animals have breath
5: angels are not spirit sons of God anymore but WIND sons of God
6: animals are sons of men
Lol,na you and him go do world war 3.Me i don shake the dust of my feet run comot. grin
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by benalvino(m): 5:06pm On Aug 29, 2013
Bidam: Lol,na you and him go do world war 3.Me i don shake the dust of my feet run comot. grin
lmao
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 8:16pm On Aug 29, 2013
Bidam:
satan is jealous and angry about what he doesn't understand so he uses willing vessels to achieve his aim as you can see here

Yes, we can see it quite clear in your posts! cheesy
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 8:23pm On Aug 29, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:

1. i love it nd try to work by GOD's commands buh,it isnt coming

Beloved, if you really love {i.e desire} to speak in tongues then, there's no need to "try to work by God's command" {I don't know the commands you're refering to except that the only condition that qualifies you for the in-filling of the Holy Spirit is being born again. I'll say it's not a command per-say, it's a choice.} So, you decide. Do you want to speak in tongues or not?!

2. sometimes i feel holy nd sometimes i feel like d worst man on earth

That's the work of the devil! You ought to declare your righteousness in Christ Jesus imediately such feelings arises. Those feelings are not from your spirit, the devil is using your five sences to play games on you!
1. Resist the devil and he'll flee from you James 4:7
2. Bring your sences under total subjection to God's will for you. Read Hebrews 5:14.

3. each tym derz an opprotunity to receive d spirit wch av longd for,my heart just get easily diversed.

This means you've got work to do. Whenever you find yourself in that atmosphere where the gift will be kick-started then rid yourself of all form of distraction! You can declare words like "In the name of Jesus, I refused to be distracted at this moment. Lord I cast all my cares upon you at this moment!".
Know this: The devil is not always comfortable whenever he knows you're about to break free from him. That's when he'll give it his best shot to keep you dormant. That's when he'll remind you of those unsettled rent bills, school fees, that birthday gift you promised a friend and so on and so forth! All you've got to do is resist him James 4:7! He's a dog, he'll flee with his tail between his legs!

You can as well create that atmosphere wherever you are. All you gotta do is get yourself alone and switch on an atmosphere of praise, an atmosphere of worship; God inhabits such atmosphere, Psalm 22:3. Let it go on and on and God is ever faithful to His promise {Joel 2:28-29, Acts 2:17-18} which He has promised!
God bless you! grin

NOTE: If you have any Arguement(s) conserning this post, don't quote me 'cus I will not reply YOU!

Resist the deceptive and demonic teaching of speaking in "unknown" tongues topstar80! "Unknown languages"? Most definately an oxymoron! cheesy
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by lahchi: 11:27pm On Aug 29, 2013
I don't seem to understand or see the difficulty of understanding the book of Acts or was this portion of the Bible turn out of their Bible?
"Act 2:1 When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them (this meant the tongues were different). 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." The people who heard them made it very clear that it was their language, their language they were born into. "Acts 2:5 And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven. 6 And when this sound occurred, the multitude came together, and were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language. 7 Then they were all amazed and marveled, saying to one another, “Look, are not all these who speak Galileans? 8 And how is it that we hear, each in our own language in which we were born? 9 Parthians and Medes and Elamites, those dwelling in Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya adjoining Cyrene, visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes, 11 Cretans and Arabs—we hear them speaking in our own tongues the wonderful works of God.”" The bible says "he who has ears let him hear." I am a member of the Church of Christ and am sending my greeting(Romans 16:16) to those who are ready to take the 5 steps (Hear, Believ, Repent, Confess and be Baptised) of salvation and added to the church by the Lord (Acts 2:47).

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 12:25am On Aug 30, 2013
lahchi: I don't seem to understand or see the difficulty of understanding the book of Acts or was this portion of the Bible turn out of their Bible?
"Act 2:1 When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them (this meant the tongues were different). 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." The people who heard them made it very clear that it was their language, their language they were born into. "Acts 2:5 And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven. 6 And when this sound occurred, the multitude came together, and were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language. 7 Then they were all amazed and marveled, saying to one another, “Look, are not all these who speak Galileans? 8 And how is it that we hear, each in our own language in which we were born? 9 Parthians and Medes and Elamites, those dwelling in Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya adjoining Cyrene, visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes, 11 Cretans and Arabs—we hear them speaking in our own tongues the wonderful works of God.”" The bible says "he who has ears let him hear." I am a member of the Church of Christ and am sending my greeting(Romans 16:16) to those who are ready to take the 5 steps (Hear, Believ, Repent, Confess and be Baptised) of salvation and added to the church by the Lord (Acts 2:47).

I believe they propose that the tongues that they speak are different than the tongues mentioned here in this Acts passage. They will use the following verses to propose their belief. They believe these to be "unknown" tongues and "heavenly tongues" or "prayer tongues" in communication with THEIR "God" which are not interpreted, since "no one understands them":

For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by the Spirit (1 Corinthians 14:2).

Then they will use verse 14 to propose that these tongues were different in that they were not used to edify the assembly, but for the edification of themselves personally:

Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves, but the one who prophesies edifies the church (1 Corinthians 14:4).
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 12:53am On Aug 30, 2013
topstar80,

These people are simply deceptively encouraging you to speak in "UNKNOWN" languages (tongues). They are also deceptively flat out telling you that if you do not speak in these "UNKNOWN" languages (tongues) as they do that you are not a true believer and that you lack the spirit of THEIR "God."

Sounds like a satanic ploy to belittle one who is truly seeking to believe the true Almighty One to me!
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by lahchi: 5:14am On Aug 30, 2013
Frank4YAHWEH:

I believe they propose that the tongues that they speak are different than the tongues mentioned here in this Acts passage. They will use the following verses to propose their belief. They believe these to be "unknown" tongues and "heavenly tongues" or "prayer tongues" in communication with THEIR "God" which are not interpreted, since "no one understands them":

For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by the Spirit (1 Corinthians 14:2).

Then they will use verse 14 to propose that these tongues were different in that they were not used to edify the assembly, but for the edification of themselves personally:

Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves, but the one who prophesies edifies the church (1 Corinthians 14:4).

From 1 Corinthians 14, was the same paul taking about an unknown language here? "1 Corinthians 14:20 Brethren, do not be children in understanding; however, in malice be babes, but in understanding be mature. 21 In the law it is written: “With men of other tongues and other lips I will speak to this people; And yet, for all that, they will not hear Me,” says the Lord. 22 Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophesying is not for unbelievers but for those who believe. 23 Therefore if the whole church comes together in one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those who are uninformed or unbelievers, will they not say that you are out of your mind? 24 But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or an uninformed person comes in, he is convinced by all, he is convicted by all. 25 And thus the secrets of his heart are revealed; and so, falling down on his face, he will worship God and report that God is truly among you." Remember Paul still said in the same 14 that it must be interpreted. "1 Corinthians 14:13 Therefore let him who speaks in a tongue pray that he may interpret. 14 For if I pray in "a" tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15 What is the conclusion then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding. 16 Otherwise, if you bless with the spirit, how will he who occupies the place of the "uninformed" say “Amen” at your giving of thanks, since he does not understand what you say? 17 For you indeed give thanks well, "but the other is not edified". 18 I thank my God I speak with "tongues" more than you all; 19 yet in the church I would rather speak "five words" with "my understanding", that I may "teach others also", than ten thousand words in "a" tongue." Every word used in the Bible has its reason for being used, do not neglect it.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 6:11am On Aug 30, 2013
Reason why believers should pray in an unknown tongue.

He teaches us to pray (Romans 8:26,27; 1 Corinthians 14:15).

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Romans 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

1Co 14:15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

The Spirit of God knows what we should pray and how. We don’t. That is why we must let Him help us here. One way is through the special prayer language He gives us when we are baptised in the Spirit. Another way is by inspiring our minds with the prayers that get results. Yet another way is through the deep groanings of intercession He produces in us.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

The Holy Spirit does not come automatically when a person believes but Jesus says everyone who asks receives (Luke11:9-13)
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by benalvino(m): 9:31am On Aug 30, 2013
When the bible talks about tongues... it is not talking about Shananakakakanaka... simple.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 30, 2013
benalvino: When the bible talks about tongues... it is not talking about Shananakakakanaka... simple.
And where did my posts talk about this funny thing you inferred?
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by benalvino(m): 9:50am On Aug 30, 2013
Bidam: And where did my posts talk about this funny thing you inferred?

is that not what the pentecostal believes? I did not read the Original post though... but am saying as in what they believe
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 30, 2013
benalvino:

is that not what the pentecostal believes? I did not read the Original post though... but am saying as in what they believe
You see your lyf.. cheesy you no read am you come join dem dey argue..i bet most of these arguments here are just blind silly ones from folks who do not have time to study the word of God concerning gifts of the Spirit.

Abeg go study more jare..den come back make we discuss am,i no wan argue with the word of God again. grin
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by benalvino(m): 10:05am On Aug 30, 2013
Bidam: You see your lyf.. cheesy you no read am you come join dem dey argue..i bet most of these arguments here are just blind silly ones from folks who do not have time to study the word of God concerning gifts of the Spirit.

Abeg go study more jare..den come back make we discuss am,i no wan argue with the word of God again. grin

lol... forgive me grin
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by lahchi: 12:35pm On Aug 30, 2013
The book of acts 2 says the people heard them speaking their own language.
The book of 1 Corinthians also implies tongues must be interpreted.

We have read in the account of Jesus The Christ in the 1st Four Books of the New Testament (Covenant), where Jesus made this statement severally "He Who Has Ears Let Him Hear"

Its all left to you to make your choice.

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 2:47pm On Aug 30, 2013
lahchi:

From 1 Corinthians 14, was the same paul taking about an unknown language here? "1 Corinthians 14:20 Brethren, do not be children in understanding; however, in malice be babes, but in understanding be mature. 21 In the law it is written: “With men of other tongues and other lips I will speak to this people; And yet, for all that, they will not hear Me,” says the Lord. 22 Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophesying is not for unbelievers but for those who believe. 23 Therefore if the whole church comes together in one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those who are uninformed or unbelievers, will they not say that you are out of your mind? 24 But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or an uninformed person comes in, he is convinced by all, he is convicted by all. 25 And thus the secrets of his heart are revealed; and so, falling down on his face, he will worship God and report that God is truly among you." Remember Paul still said in the same 14 that it must be interpreted. "1 Corinthians 14:13 Therefore let him who speaks in a tongue pray that he may interpret. 14 For if I pray in "a" tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15 What is the conclusion then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding. 16 Otherwise, if you bless with the spirit, how will he who occupies the place of the "uninformed" say “Amen” at your giving of thanks, since he does not understand what you say? 17 For you indeed give thanks well, "but the other is not edified". 18 I thank my God I speak with "tongues" more than you all; 19 yet in the church I would rather speak "five words" with "my understanding", that I may "teach others also", than ten thousand words in "a" tongue." Every word used in the Bible has its reason for being used, do not neglect it.

Just to make it clear, I do not believe in the "unknown" tongues doctrine. I believe it to be false and deceptive. The word "unknown" was added by the translator's and this word is not conveyed in the original text. These tongues or languages were only unknown to those who did not understand. An interpreter would most certainly understand and these tongues would not be "unknown" to an interpreter.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2013
Bidam: The Holy Spirit does not come automatically when a person believes but Jesus says everyone who asks receives (Luke11:9-13)

Actually, Father Yahweh's spirit comes before a person believes the truth! Those who received Father Yahweh's set apart spirit then did not all speak in tongues or other languages. For one to believe the truth, they most certainly did receive Father Yahweh's set apart spirit, since it is Father Yahweh's word that draws them and His word most certainly is spiritual. Father Yahweh's word is the sword of the spirit. This is an integral part of the armour that we are to put on to fight off the wiles of the devil. The weapon of choice, in other words. The only actual weapon, in fact. It is Father Yahweh's inspired prophetic word that edifies Father Yahweh's children, not some so-called "unknown language" that they do not understand and that can not be interpreted by them.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by BabaTony: 11:48am On Sep 02, 2013
Bidam: Reason why believers should pray in an unknown tongue.

He teaches us to pray (Romans 8:26,27; 1 Corinthians 14:15).

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Romans 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

1Co 14:15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

The Spirit of God knows what we should pray and how. We don’t. That is why we must let Him help us here. One way is through the special prayer language He gives us when we are baptised in the Spirit. Another way is by inspiring our minds with the prayers that get results. Yet another way is through the deep groanings of intercession He produces in us.

grin grin grin shocked.....Bunch of Gibberish speaking Clowns. Carry on speaking gibberish.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo, His Wife And Children (Photos) / Bishop Kukah: Nigeria not worth dying for

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.