Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,135 members, 7,835,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues (31926 Views)

Why Believers Should Leave Atheists Alone / Why Believers Rush To Pastors To Pray For Them / Why Christians / Believers Should Not Attend Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by benalvino(m): 2:16pm On Sep 02, 2013
BabaTony:

grin grin grin shocked.....Bunch of Gibberish speaking Clowns. Carry on speaking gibberish.

Lol when i said speaking Gibs is fake or wrong they wanted to eat me alive... I can speak gibs and i dont even need the Holy spirit for that...

Even a kid of 4 years can speak Gibs...

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 02, 2013
BabaTony:

grin grin grin shocked.....Bunch of Gibberish speaking Clowns. Carry on speaking gibberish.
Just hold onto whatever will make you happy bro..as far as you re serving the Lord ..no wahala cool
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by BabaTony: 6:38pm On Sep 02, 2013
Bidam: Just hold onto whatever will make you happy bro..as far as you re serving the Lord ..no wahala cool

I will sir cool
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by lahchi: 12:14am On Sep 03, 2013
Bidam: Just hold onto whatever will make you happy bro..as far as you re serving the Lord ..no wahala cool
The Bible says not everybody that call upon the name of the Lord would be saved, how would you know you serve God when:
1. You don't worship in the church the Early Christians worshiped Romans 16:16 "CHURCH OF CHRIST"
2. You do things the Early Christians never did (Tithe payment, speaking in unknown tongues, allow women to teach+lead, use musical instrument e.t.c)
3. Do things under the Old Law when a New Law greater, better and doesn't create room for sin is giving to us. Remember if you do
things under the old Law the curses and blessings attached to it would be brought along.
Have a rethink in all these as you would give account of every word, action and choice you make. You are not destined to be where you are or destined to do what you do, things occur withing you and arround you as a result of the choice you make, are you making the right choice? You would only knw if you follow exactly what the Bible has said and not input your our principles into it.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 1:21am On Sep 03, 2013
lahchi:
The Bible says not everybody that call upon the name of the Lord would be saved,
Can you provide scriptural reference,these is how false teachers abound in nairaland.Scriptures pls,not your sentiments here.
how would you know you serve God when:
Do you even know the Jesus we are talking about,talk much more of serving Him?
1. You don't worship in the church the Early Christians worshiped Romans 16:16 "CHURCH OF CHRIST"
I am not affiliated to any cult groups or organizations.Are you?
2. You do things the Early Christians never did (Tithe payment, speaking in unknown tongues, allow women to teach+lead, use musical instrument e.t.c)
Rubbish!! these are your opinions.you are even derailing the thread by talking about tithes and musical instruments here.YOU HAVE BROKEN RULE 1
3. Do things under the Old Law when a New Law greater, better and doesn't create room for sin is giving to us. Remember if you do
This is derailment!!!!!!
things under the old Law the curses and blessings attached to it would be brought along.
Have a rethink in all these as you would give account of every word, action and choice you make. You are not destined to be where you are or destined to do what you do, things occur withing you and arround you as a result of the choice you make, are you making the right choice? You would only knw if you follow exactly what the Bible has said and not input your our principles into it.
Thanks and no thanks.Guess you are new here,stick to the discussion of the thread or else you will be BANNED,you've broken the rules already.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 2:08am On Sep 03, 2013
[/quote]Thanks and no thanks.Guess you are new here,stick to the discussion of the thread or else you will be BANNED,you've broken the rules already [quote]

In as much as I don't really support some of the points he raised what do you mean by e ll be banned? Are you trying to intimidate him because he is a newbie.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 2:17am On Sep 03, 2013
chukwudi44: Thanks and no thanks.Guess you are new here,stick to the discussion of the thread or else you will be BANNED,you've broken the rules already

In as much as I don't really support some of the points he raised what do you mean by e ll be banned? Are you trying to intimidate him because he is a newbie.
Rules are rules.I am just reminding him incase he forgot to read them when posting.Whatever your opinions are,you re entitled to them sir.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 2:49am On Sep 03, 2013
Bidam: Can you provide scriptural reference,these is how false teachers abound in nairaland.Scriptures pls,not your sentiments here.Do you even know the Jesus we are talking about,talk much more of serving Him?
I am not affiliated to any cult groups or organizations.Are you?
Rubbish!! these are your opinions.you are even derailing the thread by talking about tithes and musical instruments here.YOU HAVE BROKEN RULE 1
This is derailment!!!!!!
Thanks and no thanks.Guess you are new here,stick to the discussion of the thread or else you will be BANNED,you've broken the rules already.

One would have to obey Father Yahweh's instruction [torah "law"] to receive His set apart ["holy"] spirit, right? Seems to me that it does have something to do with the topic at hand, since we are to identify the true children of Yahweh by their fruits.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Kenny4lyfe(m): 6:17am On Sep 03, 2013
lahchi:
The Bible says not everybody that call upon the name of the Lord would be saved, how would you know you serve God when:

You know, @ bro. Gombs and bro. Bidam - It wasn't a joke when I choose to ignore THESE GUYS not because I don't have the potential to argue with them like you guys but because it's one of the rare character of our Lord Jesus Christ!

Whenever Jesus is entangled in a question and answer spree with this kinda guys;
1. He {Jesus} made his point ONCE and he doesn't repeat himself!
2. He knows when to stay, run, he even knows when to hide! {Now don't ask me to quote scriptures to support the points made above 'cus you're supposed to know these things; they're there in the gospel!}

{@ Bro. Gombs and @Bro. Bidam knows what I'm talking about here!}

These are the rare vitues of our Lord Jesus Christ: He'll made his point Once and walk away!

The Lord wasn't joking when He said, "They {These guys} know not, neither will they understand" {Go and read your Bible} !

Give them all the scriptures in the world concerning the topic in question and they'll keep asking the same questions over and over again! That's how their minds were programmed!

@ Bro. Gombs and Bro. Bidam I'm sure you get my point?
Ok! grin
God bless you!

Disclaimer: If you so choose to quote me in arguement, I've got 5 words for you- I WILL NOT REPLY YOU! Peace! grin
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by benalvino(m): 7:01am On Sep 03, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:

You know, @ bro. Gombs and bro. Bidam - It wasn't a joke when I choose to ignore THESE GUYS not because I don't have the potential to argue with them like you guys but because it's one of the rare character of our Lord Jesus Christ!

Whenever Jesus is entangled in a question and answer spree with this kinda guys;
2. He knows when to stay, run, he even knows when to hide! {Now don't ask me to quote scriptures to support the points made above 'cus you're supposed to know these things; they're there in the gospel!}

These are the rare vitues of our Lord Jesus Christ: He'll made his point Once and walk away!

The Lord wasn't joking when He said, "They {These guys} know not, neither will they understand" {Go and read your Bible} !

Give them all the scriptures in the world concerning the topic in question and they'll keep asking the same questions over and over again! That's how their minds were programmed!

Ok! grin
God bless you!

Disclaimer: If you so choose to quote me in arguement, I've got 5 words for you- I WILL NOT REPLY YOU! Peace! grin

The question are, are you Jesus?
What do you know?
What if you are the one wrong?
Don't you think others have a case?
What if Jesus was referring to your kind of guys?

All I can say is there are different believes. Why should your own be right just like that?

what you called disclaimer is not disclaimer... It should be please NOTE...

dont think am attacking you or anything, but just because someone has a different thought on something doesn't mean they are always wrong.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Gombs(m): 8:20am On Sep 03, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:

Ok! grin
God bless you!

I know, thats y I hardly post a reply repeating what av already said. Most folks here are ever learning but never coming to the knowlege of the truth (2Tim 3v7). I must commend Bidam for his continous response to redundant questions, because it's a gift/ministry on him.

1corithians 12: 7-11

7 The Holy Spirit is given to each of us in a special way. That is for the good of all. [b] 8 To some people the Spirit gives the message of wisdom. To others the same Spirit gives the message of knowledge. [/b ]  9 To others the same Spirit gives faith. To others that one Spirit gives gifts of healing. 10 To others he gives the power to do miracles. To others he gives the ability to prophesy. To others he gives the ability to tell the spirits apart. To others he gives the ability to speak in different kinds of languages they had not known before. And to still others he gives the ability to explain what was said in those languages.11 All of the gifts are produced by one and the same Spirit. He gives them to each person, just as he decides.

If he can keep saying same thing over again, it is his grace working, I cant keep doing that dont mean am weary. Jesus' case was different because the Bible said they asked to test him and not to learn, and of course it wasnt believers in his gospel that asked such. With Bidam, he is asked by fellow christians who wanna of course know y he has those views, not to test him (They tested Jesus to see whether they could accuse him.)

I admire his persistence for the gospel of Christ, he cant force it on them, but then the Holyspirit is there to help those who truly wanna learn, and convicts those who dont want to, either way, it's a plus to him.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by benalvino(m): 8:36am On Sep 03, 2013
Gombs:

I know, thats y I hardly post a reply repeating what av already said. Most folks here are ever learning but never coming to the knowlege of the truth (2Tim 3v7). I was hailed Bidam for his continous response to redundant question, but then it's a gift/ministry unique to him.

[color=#990000]

Yeah claps for y'all... I saw the first bible verse from the original post and i know Bidam as taken the whole passage out of Context and never bothered to read through...

Tell me the truth, Have you ever head someone in your church interpreting the socalled tongue that you preach? Because if you put the verse in context that the OP took apart you will realize the command and the motive...
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by benalvino(m): 8:39am On Sep 03, 2013
If the speaking in tongues is not other peoples language but Gibs... forget it! it is fake.

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Gombs(m): 8:44am On Sep 03, 2013
benalvino:

Yeah claps for y'all... I saw the first bible verse from the original post and i know Bidam as taken the whole passage out of Context and never bothered to read through...

Tell me the truth, Have you ever head someone in your church interpreting the socalled tongue that you preach? Because if you put the verse in context that the OP took apart you will realize the command and the motive...

Yes, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome interpretes tongues. You dont have to believe me, but that doesnt mean it aint for real. Oyedepo too, even some decons in my church do...normal brethrens do sef ; D

I dont inteprete tongues, I dont have the gift that as 1corinth 12 says. But I could desire it and ask. U should too

2 Likes

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 03, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:

Ok! grin
God bless you!

Bro..thanks,Trust me there will come a time when i will shake the dust off my feet from these folks.
But i believe there are some who are genuine seekers of the truth,with such i have to persevere.You are a source of encouragement really.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Gombs(m): 8:51am On Sep 03, 2013
Gombs:

Hello kenny! grin

@All
I've read through the whole thread and deceided to comment on a whole lot of issues you folks brought up in defence that speaking in tongues is this or that. I'm afraid Bidam did much of his best to explain the importance of speaking in tongues, and half of the time, he sounded aggressive and impulsive, though some questions and posts were too outrageous to act otherwise. gringrin But let me point out and answer (not attempt to answer) the lingering questions in hope to put rest to this issue. If anyone still wanna be contentious, may God help him/her in search for the truth.

I.WHAT IS SPEAKING IN TONGUES?

First,let's look at a few things that speaking in tongues
is NOT:

1.Tongues are NOT a status symbol, indicating that one
Christian is more spiritual than another. The Corinthian
church was a hotbed of tongues speaking, yet the
Apostle Paul still chastised them for being carnal (1
Corinthians 3:3.)

2.Tongues are not a shortcut to instant spiritual
maturity.

3.Tongues are not a hypnotic, zombie like state in which the person has no control of his faculties.
Speaking in tongues is, to put it simply, Holy Spirit
inspired speech in a language unknown to the speaker.

As we will examine, it can be spoken in a Christian's private prayer life, or in a public worship service with
interpretation. People have a natural hunger for the supernatural. Unfortunately, many turn to the false, satanic supernatural found in psychics, the New Age,and other cultic activity rather than seeking the true supernatural power of God. This is tragic. God is a supernatural God!
He can fulfill the deepest longings of our hearts with
His love and power. Tongues are one of the avenues that He works through in order to do this.

II. ARE TONGUES STILL IN OPERATION TODAY?

Yes, there are more Christians on earth today who speak in tongues than there have been at any other time in history! Although they have always been around in varying degrees throughout church history, there has
been a strong revival of tongues in this century.
It is true that the Bible refers to a time when tongues
shall cease (1 Corinthians 13:cool

(1).However, this same passage(chpt 13) also tells us when this will happen: When perfection comes, we see face to face, and we know, even as we are known (verses 10-12.) Have these other verses been fulfilled yet? Obviously not,since true perfection will not happen until after Jesus returns (1 John 3:2-3; Ephesians 5:27.) We are still very much "seeing through a glass darkly," as Paul put it in verse 12 .Until the veil of our mortality is removed, and we see Him face to face, our communication with God will always be filtered through our finite, human limitations.
We don't always know how to pray properly. This is why God has made available to us this Heavenly prayer language, that takes us beyond our infirmities
(Greek:inability to get results) and help us pray with the Spirit making intercession with us through groanings which cannot be uttered (Romans 8:26.) According to respected Greek scholar P.C. Nelson, the literal Greek translation of this implies "groanings which cannot be uttered in articulate speech." We need the Holy Spirit to help us this way just as much, if not more,than the first century church did.
In 1 Corinthians 1:7, Paul expresses his desire that we
come behind in no spiritual gift, as we wait for the
coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. In other words, until
Jesus does return, the charismatic gifts of the Spirit,
including tongues,will be in full operation, and we should not be lacking, or come behind, in having these gifts in our own lives.

III.HOW DOES SPEAKING IN TONGUES OPERATE?
In order to answer this question properly, we must look at the fact that the Bible describes three different manifestations of speaking in tongues:

1-Evidential tongues-The initial evidence when someone
is baptized in the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:1- 4;10:44-46;19:2-7.)

2-Intercessory tongues-the ability to pray in other
tongues, or "In the Spirit" (1 Corinthians 14:14- 16;
Ephesians 6:18;Jude 20) in order to pray beyond our
limited human understanding , speak mysteries to God
( 1 Corinthians 14:2) and edify (build up) ourselves (1
Corinthians 14:4.)

3-The ministry gift of tongues, described in 1
Corinthians chapters 12 and 14, involves giving a message in tongues in a public worship service, which is to be interpreted (12:10).This is a powerful sign to
unbelievers ( 14:22).This gift is only given in certain
situations, as the Spirit wills. Therefore, not all
Christians are used in this gift (12:30.)

IV. WEREN'T TONGUES GIVEN SO THAT THE EARLY CHURCH COULD PREACH THE GOSPEL IN FOREIGN NATIONS WHERE THEY DIDN'T KNOW THE LANGUAGES?

I once read an article by a certain denominational
minister in which he tried to explain tongues by saying
that, when Jesus commissioned His disciples to go into
all the world, He didn't want them to spend all of their
time taking language classes, so He gave them tongues
to preach in foreign nations. While I don't question that this brother meant well, this theory is simply not Biblical.
It is true that on the Day of Pentecost, the people all
heard the works of God proclaimed in their own
language (Acts 2:11). However, this was not preaching.
When it came time to preach, notice that Peter
preached in a language understood by the entire crowd. Nowhere in the Bible do we ever see an example of a person preaching in tongues.

V.ARE TONGUES HUMAN LANGUAGES

-They can be, but are not necessarily. They can also be
Heavenly languages-tongues of angels (1 Corinthians
13:1.)

VI.WHY DIDN'T JESUS SPEAK IN TONGUES?

Actually, I'm not totally sure that He didn't. Jesus rejoiced in the Spirit (Luke 10:21,) and groaned in the Spirit (John11:33.) This terminology is very similar to the term "Praying in the Spirit," which Paul uses to describe praying in tongues (1 Corinthians 14: 14-16.) However, even if Jesus did not speak in tongues, there are several possible explanations:

1.Since He was God, there were no languages He didn't
know.

2.Since He was sinless, He had perfect communication
with the Father, and therefore, He did not need
tongues.

3.He was the last person to function as a prophet under the Old Covenant.

Tongues are a New Testament phenomenon. Even if Jesus didn't personally speak in tongues, He Himself stated that tongues would be a normative sign to follow believers (Mark 16:17). The entire New
Testament was written by people who spoke in tongues.

VII. ARE TONGUES THE LEAST OF THE GIFTS? ARE THEY REALLY THAT IMPORTANT?

In 1 Corinthians 12, the Apostle Paul gives us a basic
primer on the nine Gifts of the Holy Spirit: Wisdom,
knowledge, faith, healing, miracles, prophecy, discernment, tongues and interpretation of tongues.
Since tongues and interpretation are the last Gift Paul
mentions, some have taken this to mean that tongues are the least important of the Gifts, and that we shouldn't really be concerned with them. However, I would respectfully reply that this argument is based on a very presumptuous and inconsistent approach to Biblical interpretation.
Chronological order of how something is listed is not
necessarily an indication of importance. For example, in 1 Corinthians 13:13 , Paul tells us that faith, hope, and love remain, yet the greatest of these is love, in spite of the fact that it is listed last. Likewise, in a list of sinful activities recorded in Galatians 5:19-21 , murder is named near the end of the list. Does that mean that
murder is a less serious sin than the others? Of course
not. Paul definitely did not view tongues as being unimportant. In fact, he devotes an entire chapter in the Bible to teaching on the subject (1 Corinthians 14). In this chapter, he tells the Corinthian believers that he desires that they all speak in tongues (verse 5), and
thanks God that he speaks in tongues more than all of
them! (verse 18) Three times in Scripture we are
exhorted to covet (Pursue with passion) the Gifts of the Holy Spirit-including tongues (1 Corinthians 12:31; 14:1, 39, the same Greek word is used in all of these
Scriptures.) Note that this is worded as a commandment, not an option. To downplay or dishonor any of God's gifts is to dishonor God Himself. May we never, ever fall into this trap.

VIII.ARE TONGUES SOMETHING TO BE FEARED?

Not at all. Tongues are a wonderful tool God has given
His people to enjoy His presence more fully and
intimately, and to make us more effective in our service for Him.
Being a supernatural phenomenon, speaking in tongues is approached somewhat hesitantly by many Christians.
However, this is nothing new. In the Bible, when God's
presence showed up in a tangible manner, it was not
unusual for onlookers to respond with fear. We see this in events like the angelic vision the shepherds had when Jesus was born (Luke 2:8-12,) when the disciples saw Jesus walk on water (Mark 6:45-50,) and when John had his vision of the risen Jesus (Revelation 1:4-17.) Notice that each time,the first reaction of the people who witnessed these supernatural occurrences was to be afraid. However, in each of these cases, these people were assured to "Fear not," or "Be not afraid." In Luke 11:9-13, Jesus makes the solemn promise that if you ask God for bread, He isn't going to give you a stone. According to verse 13,the context of this verse is asking the Father for the gift of the Holy Spirit. The work of the Holy Spirit in a Christian's life is something to be cherished, not feared. It is the purpose of this writ to share with you one of the important ways that the Spirit does work in people's lives to draw us closer to Him, and to the ultimate goal: Christlikeness. As one of my favorite Scriptures, 2 Corinthians 3:18, puts it so beautifully: But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

In conclusion, speaking in tongues is not necessary for all Christian, if you don't speak in tongues, and lived righteously, you will surely make heaven. You can have the holyspirit in you, and still don't speak in tongues, because it's a gift you have to ask of the father, and he and only he can give you utterance. But the thing is without speaking in tongues you will NOT live in full potential of the Holyspirit in you. You won't be able to pray as you ought to, you can't cast out devils, you can't do/live in the miraculous, you will be so limited in almost all sphere, because speaking in tongues builds you up like an edifice, gives you insight into deep secrets and mysteries, and so so so much more.

Lastly, I usually answer folks who asked me, "must I speak in tongues? Eh??"

I answer with a smile "is it a must to live supernaturally?" Or "is it a must to be a Christian"?

The answers to the above both is NO!

God bless.

This answers your below question...twas answered 4 pages back

benalvino: If the speaking in tongues is not other peoples language but Gibs... forget it! it is fake.
*forgive my typos and the long essay[/quote]
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Gombs(m): 8:55am On Sep 03, 2013
Bidam: Bro..thanks,Trust me there will come a time when i will shake the dust off my feet from these folks.
But i believe there are some who are genuine seekers of the truth,with such i have to persevere.You are a source of encouragement really.

[size=32pt] God bless the works of thy hand, flesh and blood has not made you persist and persevere [/size]

Kenny, let me go and Kabash....I need fellowship with the Father, not Just relationship-Pastor Anita, ROR 3rd Sept 2013

#Glory

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 03, 2013
Gombs:

I know, thats y I hardly post a reply repeating what av already said. Most folks here are ever learning but never coming to the knowlege of the truth (2Tim 3v7). I must commend Bidam for his continous response to redundant questions, because it's a gift/ministry on him.

7 The Holy Spirit is given to each of us in a special way. That is for the good of all. [b] 8 To some people the Spirit gives the message of wisdom. To others the same Spirit gives the message of knowledge. [/b ]  9 To others the same Spirit gives faith. To others that one Spirit gives gifts of healing. 10 To others he gives the power to do miracles. To others he gives the ability to prophesy. To others he gives the ability to tell the spirits apart. To others he gives the ability to speak in different kinds of languages they had not known before. And to still others he gives the ability to explain what was said in those languages.11 All of the gifts are produced by one and the same Spirit. He gives them to each person, just as he decides.

If he can keep saying same thing over again, it is his grace working, I cant keep doing that dont mean am weary. Jesus' case was different because the Bible said they asked to test him and not to learn, and of course it wasnt believers in his gospel that asked such. With Bidam, he is asked by fellow christians who wanna of course know y he has those views, not to test him (They tested Jesus to see whether they could accuse him.)

I admire his persistence for the gospel of Christ, he cant force it on them, but then the Holyspirit is there to help those who truly wanna learn, and convicts those who dont want to, either way, it's a plus to him.

Cheers
Wow..my bro,Thanks for these encouraging words.These folks have forgotten that Jesus is the pattern we ought to follow.Funny these generation we have today spend 24hrs arguing on the internet instead of having a relationship with the Father just like Jesus had.

I was reading the four synoptic gospels concerning how Jesus will go to a secluded area all by himself to pray all night so he could submit to the will of the father.

To become like Christ is the most dangerous assignment a believer will ever wish for.You have to die daily.Paul really did access that dimension.May God help us.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by benalvino(m): 8:57am On Sep 03, 2013
Gombs:

Yes, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome interpretes tongues. You dont have to believe me, but that doesnt mean it aint for real. Oyedepo too, even some decons in my church do...normal brethrens do sef ; D

I dont inteprete tongues, I dont have the gift that as 1corinth 12 says. But I could desire it and ask. U should too

Lmao
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 03, 2013
Gombs:

[size=32pt] God bless the works of thy hand, flesh and blood has not made you persist and persevere [/size]

Kenny, let me go and Kabash....I need fellowship with the Father, not Just relationship-Pastor Anita, ROR 3rd Sept 2013

#Glory
Amen.God bless you and keep you also.We will do the work of Him that sent us. cos that is our meat.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by benalvino(m): 9:19am On Sep 03, 2013
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 03, 2013
benalvino: https://www.nairaland.com/1423311/genuin-gift-tongue

help your self
I have read so many errors in that your copy and paste article,but if you are ready to discuss it strictly from the bible(not the article) and bible only as the infallible words of God, not some mumbo jumbo of men philosophical views and traditions,then i am game.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by benalvino(m): 9:47am On Sep 03, 2013
Bidam: I have read so many errors in that your copy and paste article,but if you are ready to discuss it strictly from the bible(not the article) and bible only as the infallible words of God, not some mumbo jumbo of men philosophical views and traditions,then i am game.

point out the errors then...
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Kenny4lyfe(m): 10:22am On Sep 03, 2013
Bidam: Bro..thanks,Trust me there will come a time when i will shake the dust off my feet from these folks.

Thanks bro! grin
May The Lord continue to increase you from strengh to strenght by His Spirit that's in you! Amen! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Kenny4lyfe(m): 10:29am On Sep 03, 2013
Gombs:

#Glory

Go on kabashing bro! I received a lot during my conversation with the Lord via kabash this morning grin grin! It's so exciting bro!
God bless you!
grin grin grin
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 03, 2013
Gombs:

Even after i told these guys that i had this experience they would Not believe.Jesus told the pharisees that if you do not believe my words that i came from the father at least believe the miracles na! May God deliver folks from every satanic blindfoldness in the Body of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 03, 2013
benalvino:

point out the errors then...
Busy right now.But i surely will,God helping me.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Gombs(m): 11:02am On Sep 03, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:

Go on kabashing bro! I received a lot during my conversation with the Lord via kabash this morning grin grin! It's so exciting bro!
God bless you!
grin grin grin

His presence always amazes me...only if folks know the inner peace of God (which the world cannot give) kbashing brings us

Its just too exciting

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Gombs(m): 11:14am On Sep 03, 2013
Bidam: Even after i told these guys that i had this experience they would Not believe.Jesus told the pharisees that if you do not believe my words that i came from the father at least believe the miracles na! May God deliver folks from every satanic blindfoldness in the Body of Christ.

Yeah, a woman once testified that she was on her way to a native doctor's awz for divination, but as she was passing by a church and the speakers were blaring with tongues by the pastor, she said she heard the pastor in her own language saying "do not go where you intend going to".

This was similar to what happnd on penticost day, they heard in their own language...it can only be by the holyspirit. He interpreted tongues to a whole lot folks bck in the day, and he's still doing it today.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Kenny4lyfe(m): 12:21pm On Sep 03, 2013
Gombs:

His presence always amazes me...only if folks know the inner peace of God (which the world cannot give) kbashing brings us

Its just too exciting

Yeah bro! That's the rest He brought us into! grin
I've since ceased from my labour, now I enjoy peace with understanding! grin
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2013
Gombs:

Cheers

So, do you believe that believers should speak in tongues? If not, then I can not see how you can admire Bidam's persistence, since this is what he is teaching. Also, I have yet to see him post anything concerning the glad tidings ["gospel"] of Father Yahweh's Kingdom. His professing to speak in tongues is obviously a lie and this I can not admire. Now he has taken this doctrine of speaking in tongues even futher and is erroneously teaching one "should pray in an UNKNOWN tongue." There is no such thing as an "UNKNOWN" language. The language has to be known to the one who is to interpret it.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 3:18pm On Sep 03, 2013
Bidam: I have read so many errors in that your copy and paste article,but if you are ready to discuss it strictly from the bible(not the article) and bible only as the infallible words of God, not some mumbo jumbo of men philosophical views and traditions,then i am game.

Speaking in togues is "mumbo jumbo"! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Reacts After Woman Gave Husband’s N300K To Pastor / Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo, His Wife And Children (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.