Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Another Minute With Nigerian Men! - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Another Minute With Nigerian Men! (6355 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Men Obsessed With Nigerian Girls? / My Love And Hate Relationship With Nigerian Men! / Why Do Nigerian Men Like Fat Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by almondjoy(f): 5:58pm On Feb 20, 2008
tpia:

is it just me, or is it always the same set of guys following hotfunmi around?

make una talk true o. All this I am fighting I am fighting- na so so emotion o.

oyb: hmmm. Men emotion no dey stable like that o- na pendulum wey fit swing from one extreme to another anytime.  Trust me. undecided undecided

[s]I just dey feel for that fine boy wey dey ya profile[/s]

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!  Leave them abeg,  they have bonded well!
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by oziomatv(m): 6:01pm On Feb 20, 2008
Hot.Funmi:

I am now too cheap? expensive perfumes and chocolates, I can afford, what I literally need from a man is little little things that will please me. Funmi is not material crazy.

I thank god for that.

Hot.Funmi:

Funmi shakes head, Nigerian men and their ego! How did you decipher my undertone? I think what you are feeling is your greatest fear: "women always want to command us".

As I said and keep on saying still stick to it, I'll do anything to keep my woman happy as long as she accept it as what we do for ourselves.
                       But to command is not okey for 2 that live together.
                                    Why not tell me what happens in your Val. day?
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by almondjoy(f): 6:03pm On Feb 20, 2008
Hot.Funmi:

I am now too cheap? expensive perfumes and chocolates, I can afford, what I literally need from a man is little little things that will please me. Funmi is not material crazy.

Like they do for the other "races"!  Yes! Supported.  I know it is a 2-way street.  The guys just need to try harder since women have done that since time immemorial! kiss The Nigerian guys do not even think not to try at all. That is the problem.
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by HotFunmi1(f): 6:08pm On Feb 20, 2008
By Tpia,
is it just me, or is it always the same set of guys following hotfunmi around?

make una talk true o. All this I am fighting I am fighting- na so so emotion o.

oyb: hmmm. Men emotion no dey stable like that o- na pendulum wey fit swing from one extreme to another anytime. Trust me.

I just dey feel for that fine boy wey dey ya profile
You dey mind them, especially OYB that is tripping because he can't have a woman as hot as me. tongue.
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 20, 2008
Personally I cook, wash, clean, take care of my lovely son with passion and my wife do tell me that she find's me sexy when ever am cooking. And on several occasion I visited my boss house a man with €350ml euro worth of personal assets he sometimes wash the glass he used in drinking wine without calling for help, and that never made him inferior before his wife. and assuming that I happen to stay with any black I'll do so regardless of skin and culture cause it's how I'm.
When you give respect to who value it, you get passon doing it all over again.
I'll appreciate if our sisters do open up a little bit and stop living like a slave to men,
we naija men are not hearthless but mistaking our homely and kindness to weakness and cowardliness here we get problems, and I think that's why when with oyibo we do it with passion.

oh Ozioma na true you get wife,oyibo wife plus pikin.
Hmmmmmmm
bless you.
why then were you salivating on reloaded's mount kilimajaros grin

I like the exchanges between oyb and hotfunmi ,I would have thought it was love but I know oyb is a happily married man.
so Funmi hands off.
go and find the resident nairaland loverboys aka debosky. grin and uche2nna grin

Hot.Funmi:

So you wash undies too wink wink? Why can't you cook? You can learn it if you want to.

My sister,if underwear washing was the problem with our Naija men then we have no problem.
You and I live here in America and I'm sure you must know or are friends with some divorced ladies.

The stories would make a single lady swear off Nigerian men.

Shall we start with the cab drivers married to women that eventually become nurses and inferiority complex sets in
or the "business men" that don't bring in shishi from year to year and the wife is slaving away at 3 jobs.
OR the ones that'll accuse their wives of cheating while they themselves are running around with little girls.

But come to all this kporakpo gatherings,these men are the loudest and would insist on being identified by their village titles.
The glitter on their chains and the the smell of their colognes can be perceived from across the hall.
And when you see some of them with their wives in the customary "uniforms".you'll be wondering what possesed such a beautiful elegant woman to marry such an uncooked man but suddenly you remember that his only qualification was living in America

Of course I'm not describing all Nigerian men in America but there are many of them that are a big disgrace and their families back home have no clue
that the mansion built in Mbano was from the wife's sweat and suffering.
Of course they'll never disclose that the wife is the one really working.
some of our men here need a real kick in the groins. lipsrsealed
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by oziomatv(m): 6:27pm On Feb 20, 2008
nwando:

oh Ozioma na true you get wife,oyibo wife plus pikin.
Hmmmmmmm
bless you.
why then were you salivating on reloaded's mount kilimajaros grin

Please let's get this topic clear, If you read well the thread I never mention taking her to my house,kissing or going deep. It's you guys that diviated the whole issue. I invited her to a party not to my house, and it's something normal to someone you find friendly.
And I take it as a joke too.
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by HotFunmi1(f): 6:28pm On Feb 20, 2008
My sister,if underwear washing was the problem with our Naija men then we have no problem.
You and I live here in America and I'm sure you must know or are friends with some divorced ladies.

The stories would make a single lady swear off Nigerian men.

Shall we start with the cab drivers married to women that eventually become nurses and inferiority complex sets in
or the "business men" that don't bring in shishi from year to year and the wife is slaving away at 3 jobs.
OR the ones that'll accuse their wives of cheating while they themselves are running around with little girls.

But come to all this kporakpo gatherings,these men are the loudest and would insist on being identified by their village titles.
The glitter on their chains and the the smell of their colognes can be perceived from across the hall.
And when you see some of them with their wives in the customary "uniforms".you'll be wondering what possesed such a beautiful elegant woman to marry such an uncooked man but suddenly you remember that his only qualification was living in America

Of course I'm not describing all Nigerian men in America but there are many of them that are a big disgrace and their families back home have no clue
that the mansion built in Mbano was from the wife's sweat and suffering.
Of course they'll never disclose that the wife is the one really working.
some of our men here need a real kick in the groins
On the issue of nurses in America, I may disagree here because in as much as they claim they make big money, they may not be making more than their cab driver husbands. We women have a big mouth especially when we contribute to household expenditure. I know what I make right now as a pharmacist and there is no much difference with what I made as a truck driver. So, If my husband is driving a truck in America, one can easily conclude that I am the chief bread winner because of my profession and you know that nurses make way less than pharmacists here. A nurse that works 16hr/day x 6 days/wk may end up making 100-120K/PA (MAX)and face IRS with their arm and leg taxes. A cab driver that works at the same rate will not make less either.

A friend of mine who's a physician told me that her husband is a car sales man and makes more than twice her salary( he makes about 350K/PA) while my friend make about 130K/PA. So, you see.

I am against those men that stay home doing nothing while expecting their wives to labour around to feed them and some even go ahead to use the money she makes on their secret wives in Nigeria. But, America has dignity in labour unlike Nigeria and we women shouldn't be biting our husband's or boyfriends because they are not nurses or doctors even if we make more than them. I know a relation here that went to nursing school on her fiancees bank account, she never worked for a day, graduated and got married to him. After a while, she's all over him calling him names and now they are divorced. She took their kids away and threatened to throw him in jail if he miss a single child support. I may be a defender of women, womanist etc but acts like that from a relation is way off the hook. If we clamour for our Naija men to respect and nurture us, we should also give something back. Don't use people to get to where you are because you'll pay for it someday. I know my cousin will one day face the music.
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 20, 2008
almondjoy:

Like they do for the other "races"! Yes! Supported. I know it is a 2-way street. The guys just need to try harder since women have done that since time immemorial! kiss The Nigerian guys do not even think not to try at all. That is the problem.

Almond,if you hear what our Nigerian men do for these women.
It's highly uncommom to come to visit a Nigerian couple and the man is the one running around serving the guests.
but come to these Nigerians married to Americans.

One we went to see was wearing an apron
I mean it
we wore an apron like Emeril Lagasse and was serving us fish peppersoup as appetizers,cheerfully.

Now which Nigerian woman wouldn't like a helper husband ?
I ask my man to help.
and it's usually manly things like cutting hen and sawing stockfish.
I don't mind it,he scrubs his shower LOL
(I'm a bathtub/jacuzzi person)

and I know he will not cook peppersoup,bake or wear an apron,that day may never come ROFL
but our Nigerian men will gladly bake and cook for oyinbo
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by bikokwe(m): 6:54pm On Feb 20, 2008
if e too much, make all of una come back home simple.come to the village square make we trash am out."okwaya"
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 20, 2008
Hot.Funmi:

On the issue of nurses in America, I may disagree here because in as much as they claim they make big money, they may not be making more than their cab driver husbands. We women have a big mouth especially when we contribute to household expenditure. I know what I make right now as a pharmacist and there is no much difference with what I made as a truck driver. So, If my husband is driving a truck in America, one can easily conclude that I am the chief bread winner because of my profession and you know that nurses make way less than pharmacists here. A nurse that works 16hr/day x 6 days/wk may end up making 100-120K/PA (MAX)and face IRS with their arm and leg taxes. A cab driver that works at the same rate will not make less either.

A friend of mine who's a physician told me that her husband is a car sales man and makes more than twice her salary( he makes about 350K/PA) while my friend make about 130K/PA. So, you see.

[b]I am against those men that stay home doing nothing while expecting their wives to labour around to feed them and some even go ahead to use the money she makes on their secret wives in Nigeria. But, America has dignity in labour unlike Nigeria and we women shouldn't be biting our husband's or boyfriends because they are not nurses or doctors even if we make more than them. I know a relation here that went to nursing school on her fiancees bank account, she never worked for a day, graduated and got married to him. After a while, she's all over him calling him names and now they are divorced. She took their kids away and threatened to throw him in jail if he miss a single child support. I may be a defender of women, womanist etc but acts like that from a relation is way off the hook. If we clamour for our Naija men to respect and nurture us, we should also give something back. Don't use people to get to where you are because you'll pay for it someday. I know my cousin will one day face the music.[/b]

hotfunmi we are not saying anything different.
everyone in America knows the nigerian nurses work like Jackie to earn whatever they do.
How many people in their right minds would agree to work an 80-96hr work week.
Only Nigerians and some other immigrants do.
They'll pick up oyibo peoples time sef
most don't even spend holidays in their own beds.
and the primary reason our women work this way is because the husband is not doing so good financially or they're living above their means.
again this does not describe all naija men,speaking from my personal experience

I was happy reading the highlighted part from you.
at least now oyb knows your're not a man hater like you initially appeared to be.
please keep up the new you.

I love our men,I will never put all our men down.
because we have great men and lovers amongst them. grin
I've had absolutely no bad experiences with naija men
but I've had divorced friends with horror stories,one in particular sought refuge in my house for a few weeks.
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 20, 2008
@ hotfunmi,there's a huge difference between truck drivers and cab drivers in terms of salary.
Truck drivers make more money that many physicians for a fact.
I specifically said cab drivers because many Nigerian men are into it.
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by oziomatv(m): 7:49pm On Feb 20, 2008
@ nwando
the remedy I performed to hot.funmi realy works but tell her to stop over labouring the man with so many undies to wash.
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by Dreloaded(f): 7:57pm On Feb 20, 2008
Rofl. You are so silly.

osisi, what can mr osisi cook tongue
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by oziomatv(m): 8:01pm On Feb 20, 2008
@ D- loady
how're you dear?
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by almondjoy(f): 8:56pm On Feb 20, 2008
Hot.Funmi:

On the issue of nurses in America, I may disagree here because in as much as they claim they make big money, they may not be making more than their cab driver husbands.

We women have a big mouth especially when we contribute to household expenditure. I know what I make right now as a pharmacist and there is no much difference with what I made as a truck driver. So, If my husband is driving a truck in America, one can easily conclude that I am the chief bread winner because of my profession and you know that nurses make way less than pharmacists here. A[b] nurse that works 16hr/day x 6 days/wk may end up making 100-120K/PA (MAX)and face IRS with their arm and leg taxes. A cab driver that works at the same rate will not make less either.[/b]

I am against those men that stay home doing nothing while expecting their wives to labour around to feed them and some even go ahead to use the money she makes on their secret wives in Nigeria. But, America has dignity in labour unlike Nigeria and we women shouldn't be biting our husband's or boyfriends because they are not nurses or doctors even if we make more than them.

I know a relation here that went to nursing school on her fiancees bank account, she never worked for a day, graduated and got married to him. After a while, she's all over him calling him names and now they are divorced. She took their kids away and threatened to throw him in jail if he miss a single child support.

I may be a defender of women, womanist etc but acts like that from a relation is way off the hook. If we clamour for our Naija men to respect and nurture us, we should also give something back. Don't use people to get to where you are because you'll pay for it someday. I know my cousin will one day face the music.

I just love you for you speak the truth always! kiss

nwando:

hotfunmi we are not saying anything different.
everyone in America knows the nigerian nurses work like Jackie to earn whatever they do.[/b]How many people in their right minds would agree to work an 80-96hr work week.
[b]Only Nigerians and some other immigrants do.

They'll pick up oyibo peoples time sef
most don't even spend holidays in their own beds.

and the primary reason our women work this way is because the husband is not doing so good financially or they're living above their means.
again this does not describe all naija men,speaking from my personal experience

I was happy reading the highlighted part from you.
at least now oyb knows your're not a man hater like you initially appeared to be.[/b]please keep up the new you.

[b]I love our men,I will never put all our men down.

because we have great men and lovers amongst them. grin
I've had absolutely no bad experiences with naija men

but I've had divorced friends with horror stories,one in particular sought refuge in my house for a few weeks.

"Hotty" was never a man hater--People just failed to see her message and concentrated on her "personality" which is a strong one. Anything strong that does not quote the bible like 50 times a day---is an endangered species! cheesy

You guys are right. Nothing wrong with Naija men. Nothing wrong with Naija women. We just have to learn to respect eachother more and learn to get along too! kiss
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by almondjoy(f): 9:07pm On Feb 20, 2008
nwando:

Almond,if you hear what our Nigerian men do for these women.
It's highly uncommom to come to visit a Nigerian couple and the man is the one running around serving the guests.
but come to these Nigerians married to Americans.

One we went to see was wearing an apron
I mean it
we wore an apron like Emeril Lagasse and was serving us fish peppersoup as appetizers,cheerfully.

Now which Nigerian woman wouldn't like a helper husband ?
I ask my man to help.
and it's usually manly things like cutting hen and sawing stockfish.
I don't mind it,he scrubs his shower LOL
(I'm a bathtub/jacuzzi person)

and I know he will not cook peppersoup,bake or wear an apron,

that day may never come ROFL

but our Nigerian men will gladly bake and cook for oyinbo

Especially the kpali finding ones. grin  Laff wan kill me oooooooooooooh!  Apron ke?

Don't worry--train am well, he will learn to cook peppersoup.  I could not eat Mr. Almond's food for the first 2 years.  I'm no even sabi wash meat! angry Now he cooks moin moin and pepper soup like an "Iya Nuru"! cheesy Now, we are working on jollof rice. One thing I cannot trust him with is eggs. This man thinks an idea of eggs na to put snails and bushmeat inside as part of the omelettes of course. If you don't watch him--he will put cowleg and chcken wings  inside the omelette grin Gosh, I hate sardines--he loves them!

But I am grateful he enters the kitchen. Because I have cooked so much I hate it now.  It is a relief to have help  He will even broadcast to his friends that he has kitchen duties.  Look it took like 5 years to drag him into the kictchen.  But he gradually loved it.  I had to give him a lot of stuff to bribe him into the kitchen--both cash and kind. tongue  Spoil him rotten too. Cooks the best egusi and okro soup! kiss  So all na hard work and communication.  This guy even relaxes ma hair--So it is how you communicate.  Because I give him what he wants too. cool

So, ladies if you want your Nigerian men to treat you like they treat the other races, treat them like the other races treat them. tongue 

Suck it up! wink

In other words--pamper them. It goes both ways!

@hotfunmi
What do you say?  You must agree too that our Nigerian ladies slack in that department of the art of "pampering" a guy.  I am into manicure and massages.  When that dude comes home--I gat his back and front! cool

Some weekends, if a got the power, foot soak/massages---and pimple lancing on his back! cheesy Or we both head to the nails place for foot soak and just yap away to the annoyance of those vietnamese peeps.

So ladies, find out what works to keep that Naija man chained to you! kiss  E no hard at all!
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by Uche2nna(m): 9:26pm On Feb 20, 2008
The only thing consistent about NL is its stark inconsistency

Now Naija men dey do all the coooking and shopping and licking of arses of Oyinbo women. This is according to our Naija gals ooooo. But according to these so called Oyibo and AA women , Naija men are not romantic, they dont cook (which they attributed to our tradition), they dont even know how to make love (Naija men no dey go down south). Now two contrasting stories from two different groups of women.

E be like say tori still dey. I will just stay tuned grin
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 9:44pm On Feb 20, 2008
almondjoy:

Especially the kpali finding ones. grin Laff wan kill me oooooooooooooh! Apron ke?

Don't worry--train am well, he will learn to cook peppersoup. I could not eat Mr. Almond's food for the first 2 years. I'm no even sabi wash meat! angry Now he cooks moin moin and pepper soup like an "Iya Nuru"! cheesy Now, we are working on jollof rice. One thing I cannot trust him with is eggs. This man thinks an idea of eggs na to put snails and bushmeat inside as part of the omelettes of course. If you don't watch him--he will put cowleg and chcken wings inside the omelette, grin Gosh, I hate sardines--he loves them!

But I am grateful he enters the kitchen. Because I have cooked so much I hate it now. It is a relief to have help He will even broadcast to his friends that he has kitchen duties. Look it took like 5 years to drag him into the kictchen. But he gradually loved it. I had to give him a lot of stuff to bribe him into the kitchen--both cash and kind. tongue Spoil him rotten too. Cooks the best egusi and okro soup! kiss So all na hard work and communication. This guy even relaxes ma hair--So it is how you communicate. Because I give him what he wants too. cool

So, ladies if you want your Nigerian men to treat you like they treat the other races, treat them like the other races treat them. tongue

Suck it up! wink

In other words--pamper them. It goes both ways!

@hotfunmi
What do you say? You must agree too that our Nigerian ladies slack in that department of the art of "pampering" a guy. I am into manicure and massages. When that dude comes home--I gat his back and front! cool

Some weekends, if a got the power, foot soak/massages---and pimple lancing on his back! cheesy Or we both head to the nails place for foot soak and just yap away to the annoyance of those vietnamese peeps.

So ladies, find out what works to keep that Naija man chained to you! kiss E no hard at all!

BTW,I meant to say he had apron not "we".
LOL.

One thing we have in common is that you're a die hard romantic like myself. cheesy
and true,it's so easy to please men,some women don't know that.
It's so easy to have him eat off your palms,the woman just has to know how to get him there.
I know that man would do anything for me. cool

Mr Nwando works much by nature of his job
He's a pathologist with an active research lab,teaches at a med school has post docs and technicians so I excuse him not cooking, he brings home a sizeable bacon
I know he can cook,I've eaten his food but I don't expect him to cook but he sometimes makes saturday breakfast.

But I know there are some stubborn men out there.
Those are the ones we're referring to @ Uchenna
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by Uche2nna(m): 9:54pm On Feb 20, 2008
LMAO

@ Nwando, U are only married to one. There is no way U can pass judgement on the others u are not married to grin

Nwando, U are happy with ur husband (a Naija man) , Almondjoy is also happy with hers (a Naija man, I presume undecided). We want to hear from the Naija girls that are not happy with thier lot grin
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 20, 2008
Uche2nna:

The only thing consistent about Nairaland is its stark inconsistency

Now Naija men dey do all the coooking and shopping and licking of arses of Oyinbo women. This is according to our Naija gals ooooo. But according to these so called Oyibo and AA women , Naija men are not romantic, they don't cook (which they attributed to our tradition), they don't even know how to make love (Naija men no dey go down south). Now two contrasting stories from two different groups of women.

E be like say tori still dey. I will just stay tuned grin

Uchenna I told you I saw an Igbo man here in America wearing an apron and serving peppersoup in his own home
a man with an african american wife

what are the white wives and AA wives of Nigerians in nairaland complaining about ?
haven't they domesticated our men enough? grin
do they want them to grow breasts and breastfeed the babies?
I'm just saying our men should try doing same with their Nigerian wives too.
It'll be appreciated.
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 20, 2008
Uche2nna:

LMAO

@ Nwando, You are only married to one. There is no way You can pass judgement on the others u are not married to grin

Nwando, You are happy with your husband (a Naija man) , Almondjoy is also happy with hers (a Naija man, I presume undecided). We want to hear from the Naija girls that are not happy with their lot grin

and I haven't.
I have a group of friends
and some are divorced and some of the stories ,I know well.
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by Uche2nna(m): 10:25pm On Feb 20, 2008
As long as U are getting one side of the divorce story, it would always tend to be biased. Wetin U expect b4? If I divorce 2morrow, of course the likelihood is that I would be painting my ex in bad light. If U buy my story b4 hearing from my ex, then U are very biased.
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by almondjoy(f): 11:01pm On Feb 20, 2008
nwando:

BTW,I meant to say he had apron not "we".
LOL.

One thing we have in common is that you're a die hard romantic like myself. cheesy
and true,it's so easy to please men,some women don't know that.
It's so easy to have him eat off your palms,the woman just has to know how to get him there.
I know that man would do anything for me. cool

Mr Nwando works much by nature of his job
He's a pathologist with an active research lab,teaches at a med school has post docs and technicians so I excuse him not cooking, he brings home a sizeable bacon
I know he can cook,I've eaten his food but I don't expect him to cook but he sometimes makes saturday breakfast.
But I know there are some stubborn men out there.
Those are the ones we're referring to @ Uchenna

That is rough! So you have to practically do most of the home based things since the guy is busy out there.  That is a tough job! It is a give and take situation always. It is learned.  It takes a while. 
. . . . .And communication is the key always.

I hate to cook--because I am tired of cooking--not that I cannot cook.  I get tired of eating my own food! We can only try that's all. If people work together, I don't think it is all that a big deal. When pride and ego and competition gets in there, then that is where the everything falls apart.

Uche2nna:

LMAO

@ Nwando, You are only married to one. There is no way You can pass judgement on the others u are not married to grin

Nwando, You are happy with your husband (a Naija man) , Almondjoy is also happy with hers (a Naija man, I presume undecided). We want to hear from the Naija girls that are not happy with their lot grin

Of course a naija guy! grin  We are telling you what it took to get to that stage of "happiness".  You think we just woke up and booom--happiness.  It was war!  The point is that those things come effortlessly when Nigerian men are with other "races".  We have to work to get those things done.  That is the difference!

Why is what I want to know.  Is it because Nigerian women are not playing their parts too?
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by spoilt(f): 11:08pm On Feb 20, 2008
rjimid . . . welcome to the world of faceless Nigerian women who are more interested in your passport and cash than your professed love.

@ 4him do you not know how to not generalize?
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by spoilt(f): 11:12pm On Feb 20, 2008
nwando:

Uchenna I told you I saw an Igbo man here in America wearing an apron and serving peppersoup in his own home
a man with an african american wife

If the wife was nigerian then i would have whipped out his cape, crown and medal! grin
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by HottFunmi: 11:59pm On Feb 20, 2008
@ hotfunmi,there's a huge difference between truck drivers and cab drivers in terms of salary.
Truck drivers make more money that many physicians for a fact.
I specifically said cab drivers because many Nigerian men are into it.

The cab drivers still make some decent pay except those Naija men that carry women around during work hours or those that use cab as a front for some illegal credit card fraud. Cab drivers in the Tristate area make an avg of $400/day and I've heard someone say that Jitneys in LA make an avg of $300/day BUT, it's the most dangerous job in America, aaaaargggggghhhhhh.
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by Uche2nna(m): 12:41am On Feb 21, 2008
@almondjoy

It is a good thing to hear that U worked for the joy U are experiencing in ur marriage. Nothing good comes easy. It does not come easy for any woman, foreign or local. Going thru posts of ladies like Simibrazil, Germanlady and a host of others shows that they too worked for thier own marriages. On the same hand I believe the men also worked on them. So, if the naija girls think that Naija men are not all dat, well guess wat, the oyinbo guys are not even perfect. Just keep ur ears to the ground and U go also hear stories about them.

And even come to think of it , the ladies that are dogging naija men (at least on NL) are those that are still single and searching cheesy
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by Dreloaded(f): 1:45am On Feb 21, 2008
yet you cry about women generalising. Osisi and AJ are married yet they too somewhat agree with the topic so what is your point? Your logic just blew up in your face.
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by 4Him(m): 2:47am On Feb 21, 2008
spoilt:

@ 4him do you not know how to not generalize?

apparently not.
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by almondjoy(f): 3:27am On Feb 21, 2008
Uche2nna:

@almondjoy

It is a good thing to hear that You worked for the joy You are experiencing in your marriage. Nothing good comes easy. It does not come easy for any woman, foreign or local. Going through posts of ladies like Simibrazil, Germanlady and a host of others shows that they too worked for their own marriages. On the same hand I believe the men also worked on them. So, if the naija girls think that Naija men are not all that, well guess what, the oyinbo guys are not even perfect. Just keep your ears to the ground and You go also hear stories about them.

And even come to think of it , the ladies that are dogging naija men (at least on Nairaland) are those that are still single and searching cheesy

Even when you are married, you still have to make Nigerian men do what you expect from them. It does not come naturally to them. We are not dogging Naija men per se, we just want them to meet us half-way--when we try to make the effort. Most do not even try--the reason marriages pack up. But on the flip side, most Naija men would bend over backwards if they were with other races.

D-reloaded:

yet you cry about women generalising. Osisi and AJ are married yet they too somewhat agree with the topic so what is your point? Your logic just blew up in your face.

Gosh! she''s tough! cheesy

Yes, we agree because we have gone through those phases and are still going through them.
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by HottFunmi: 4:01am On Feb 21, 2008
By AlmondJoy,
But on the flip side, most Naija men would bend over backwards if they were with other races.
LMBAO, and they quickly recover their senses anytime they deal with their own women they should be worshipping. If Naija men treat their women that way, how do they expect Chinese,Caucasian or latino men to treat Naija women married to them? Charity begins at home.
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 21, 2008
Nigerian men againnn!!!!!! grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Appreciate! / She Left Because I Told Her I Stay With My Parent's / My Female Neighbour`s Unclad Video Is With Me. Guys I Need Your Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.