Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) (4194 Views)

She Loves Me So Much She Had To Do This..(picture Of 18+) / She Loves Me But, I Just Don't Think I Love Her... / Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by Pinky(f): 6:31am On Aug 15, 2005
hot-angle i thot u knew trooper personally... as in probably u guys do see in the U.S or u were the one who invited him to nairaland. could i be wrong?
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by hotangel2(f): 6:36am On Aug 15, 2005
Yeah you are wrong pinky. I don't know much of him. He saw my email addy here, He imed me on yahoo asking me this same question..because he felt being a nigerian, i should know much stuffs about NIgerians. But being the little girl with no much experience that i am, i decided to push him to the hands of Nairaland users. I told him to ask them the exact same question he asked me. And that's why he came here and asked.

He told me he was white...(we actually started talking on another thread in the forum). I believed he was white because i don't know him, so i couldn't judge his color through the net. I ain't seen him before! smiley
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by nddy(m): 6:45am On Aug 15, 2005
i reserve my comment, coz
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by hotangel2(f): 6:48am On Aug 15, 2005
Cos what?
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by Trooper(m): 10:17am On Aug 15, 2005
@ nddy.........do we have a problem with WHITE humans ?? If so, it's your problem and not MINE. I take this very personal. I do not judge people for their colour or the name how the call GOD, but apparently you do. Think about that.....excuse my language but you are full of shit !

@pinky.....thank you....

@ hot-angel......very strong statement

@ all of you. Yes, I'm WHITE and I came here to get some advice from NIGERIANS. I have no time or intention to make up stories.
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by dablessed(f): 1:14pm On Aug 15, 2005
Trooper, we do believe you're white.

We, at Nairaland are here to answer your questions in anyway we can. Pls dont get upset over Nddy's comments.

wishing you the very best with your Nigerian babe.
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by CimonJorr(m): 8:59pm On Aug 15, 2005
@ Trooper...

Hey bro..

Take it easy..

All the time, when we choose to seek advice in the public court of opinion, we're bound to meet a lot fo characters.. both the useful ones, who'll give useful and relevant advice, and the "roman citizens".. who are only there for their voice to be heard..

Chillax.. there's no need splitting ur hairs over nothing..
People are bound to rub you in different ways.. Some the right way, others otherwise.. Keep ur hat on, and only listen to what's useful to you..

One thing you'll find out about us Nigerians.... we're a very opinionated people..

[you only have to read through the posts here to see what I'm talking about...]

Saint...
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by tcherokee(m): 9:21pm On Aug 15, 2005
Trooper, Sorry been away for a while.
In my opinion, stall for time. a girl that really loves you will always be patient. the fact that she is putting a time limit and that travel agencies are already contacting you makes me feel that it is all a sham. I've had a few friends that were into all these Yahoo runs(419) and the way things are being played out is begining to seem quite familiar. in my opinion tell her this.
1. Tell her that unfortunately it will be more costly to send the money through western union and that you need to buy the ticket for her from there and send it to her.
2. tell her due to security measures in the US now that the travel agencies there need a scanned or photocopy of her visa sent to them, so she should send it to you so you can forward it to them.
(that will make you know whether she has a visa or not.)
3. if she agrees to all that and she does have a valid visa, then you can take the risk of buying the ticket for her. Please do not send the money over to her under any circumstances.
If she is not for real, she may try and find ways not to do what you asked and picking a fight with you might be one of them, especially concerning sending the money down and the visa thing.

These are just ideas that might help you find out if she is for real or not. GOOD LUCK

Ps i hope she is for real
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by Trooper(m): 3:39am On Aug 16, 2005
@ tcherokee, CimonJorr and dablessed - Thank you guys for your input !

@at all - It was not my intention to offend anybody, I'm a bit hot-blooded at times, I apologize !

My decision is made. I think she's fake. She made a few mistakes too much when answering questions. Guess she's mixing up things with me she probably told other "victims".

She's still approaching me online........but I'm not replying to her anymore. Only GOD knows whether I'm doing the right thing.

God bless you all !

Olaf..........is soooooo white that people called him the nice white ghost CASPER they saw on TV
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by hotangel2(f): 4:23am On Aug 16, 2005
LoL. You are welcome, I have nothing else to tell u. smiley
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by nddy(m): 4:30am On Aug 16, 2005
@trooper i reserve my comments
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 16, 2005
hot-angel people think it's obviously 419 cos of a thing called "experience". most likely u havent encountered or heard about the horrors/tricks Nigerians use to get money from foreigners on the internet.

Trooper what more can i say. we have all advised u. do want u want to do, send her money if u wish. it's ur life. whether u're white black or brown won't affect what we'll eat tomorrow grin. anyway cos we still love u i suggest u go and read Showlove's comment again. peace!

Let me tell u bro, you shouldn't waste your time with this miserous lady at the other end... Everything is arranged with some guys. There's no such street name in Lagos... Guys have done it before and they succeed in getting some $$$ from genuine US Citizen seeking love in Nigerian ladies. From what I've read so far, its all calculated steps. (1). Have u seen this so-called lady before, maybe through scanning her picture(s) to you or chatting online using webcam (2). Have u spoken with any of her brother or sister or relation(s) (3). When and how did you get in touch with her (Did u or she got in touch with u first) (4) Have u guys ever discussed about US Visa before u told her u want to come visit her (5). Is it when u said u will be coming to Nigeria to see her that she came up with this idea of u sending her ticket money Infact, I could keep on asking lots of questions here, because it hurts me to see how Nigerians (Guys and Ladies) do things to damage the Nigerian name. I have seen guys travel from US to Nigeria to marry Nigerian ladies and vice versa u know, but this story I just read is nothing but u know.but let me not conclude yet, I want u to answer those questions and I will tell u the result if this is genuine or scam...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by Trooper(m): 2:27am On Aug 17, 2005
Latest update ! Now she even scanned her passport and emailed it over to me !!!!!! Any further thought ?
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by hotangel2(f): 2:29am On Aug 17, 2005
Did she scan the Visa she said she has? If she can scan the passport, she should be able to scan the Visa she said she has.
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by Seun(m): 4:01am On Aug 17, 2005
Please go ahead and pay if everything checks out, but whatever you do don't send any money to Nigeria. Even if you know her and trust her absolutely, make sure you that the only thing your money pays for is the ticket.

If you follow our advice you should be able to protect yourself without closing the door unecessarily.
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by Trooper(m): 4:54am On Aug 17, 2005
@ hot-angel, the passport looks fake to me and further (s)he said it's impossible to Scan the visa because of some stickers.

@ Seun - no money will be sent as this person made too many mistakes. Just finished up with him or her. If I was wrong, I will burn in hell.

Let's close this topic, ok ?
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by Latoya(f): 5:47am On Aug 17, 2005
Before we close the Topic,has your problem been solved?
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by layi(m): 12:20pm On Aug 17, 2005
All fraudsters have a passport/Id in that name with which they can claim any money the victim sends through western union.Its a common practise. Fake passports can be made easily @ Oluwole , Lagos.
Did she scan the visa on the ppt (with her name on it)?
Why don't u just chat with her cam to cam? Then u'll know if its a HE or SHE. As far as i'm concerned, this woman is a IT. Period!

@Seun
Ticket too can be sold. "With Naijamen, anything is possible!"
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by legs(f): 12:35pm On Aug 17, 2005
I cant get over this. Its simply amazing, NAIJA!!!

@ trooper good thing you are not giving out any money; what does miss doubtfire mean by "she cant scan the visa because of some stickers on it?" this has got to be a dude, an ugly one at that!
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by Trooper(m): 5:36pm On Aug 17, 2005
@Latoya - I told her to move on and leave me alone

@layi - what do you mean with "IT" ?

@legs - thanks !
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by CimonJorr(m): 6:44pm On Aug 17, 2005
IT...

GENDERLESS....
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by tcherokee(m): 6:59pm On Aug 17, 2005
Good for you, she seems to be a fraud

And VISA's cann be scanned. that was the craziest excuse i've heard in a while.
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by Seun(m): 7:21pm On Aug 17, 2005
Thanks, everybody, for helping Trooper out. Sooner or later he'll get around to actually thanking us for jumping in to help him, but for now he's upset that he was almost scammed.
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by twinkledew(f): 8:42pm On Aug 17, 2005
funny, why wldnt she be able to scan the visa bit. doggy gurl. she took u for a fool lol grin.
no offence wink
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by layi(m): 1:15pm On Aug 18, 2005
Maybe the visa too is invisible like her him.
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by OmoAlhaja1(m): 6:06pm On Aug 18, 2005
I agree with hot-angel. A white guy who comes to a Nigerian forum to seek their opinion on this love-wa-tin-tin issue with this naija babe is the wisest man in this world. Love blind am but he still dey see small small.
Trooper, a beg run fast. Don't touch that babe ( who probably are 419 guys anyway ) with a long pole. Naija guys are out to fleece you. Run, white brother, run!
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by hotangel2(f): 6:26pm On Aug 18, 2005
Omo-alhaja, welcome to Nairaland. cheesy
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by Trooper(m): 11:16pm On Aug 21, 2005
I honestly would like to thank you guys for all your effort trying to help me out of this situation. I really appreciate allthe comments you guys have posted. Critical or not, it doesn't matter.All of them were very interesting. I hope I did the right thing when telling her / him or IT to take the train and get lost......

Thank you !

Trooper
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by hotangel2(f): 11:36pm On Aug 21, 2005
You are welcome trooper. smiley
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by Jackie(f): 2:55am On Aug 22, 2005
Trooper, i felt terrible about ur situation Looks like it's 100% scam. But maybe we should start by saying some truth about our selves. Are u really a white and an American. No offence oh. I noticed something really funny when i was reading your post
I do not judge people for their colour I know for sure Americans donot spell Colour with a "U" as we do back home. Unless you are a British that i will understand.
Again No offence
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by hotangel2(f): 2:56am On Aug 22, 2005
If i may answer on his behalf, He's Australian but based in America. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Steps - To Get Your Ex-girlfriend Back / How To Treat A Girl On First Date? / Help! My Boyfriend Drank My Postinor Thinking It Was Panadol.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.