Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,116 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? (5219 Views)

Can Christians Really Be Friends And Connect With Those Of Other Faiths? / 7 Types Of Atheists / Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Goshen360(m): 6:00pm On Jan 02, 2013
christemmbassey: is logicboy a catholic?

Yes! He was a Catholic for 22 years but busy eating communion only for those years. grin

1 Like

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by MrAnony1(m): 6:09pm On Jan 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Anony! You know very well i told you i dont like participating on this forum but read, read and read. Which voodoo you use for me today?

The Big deal is that Christianity form and twist only to suit there doctrine.
Case close
That is why I am not understanding you....What part of christian doctrine insists on a particular number of books in the bible? I am can't see how the number of books in the bible is a twisting of anything.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:20pm On Jan 02, 2013
Goshen360:

What do you even consider or call 'twisting'
Crowned Jewish Slave so you did not see the twisting here huh? Matthew, Mark, luke and john not part of New testament. Just like the Gospel of Judas and Mary is not inspired.
Wow! Christianity twistology should be study
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 02, 2013
hisblud: Atheist: What can you perceive or see?
hi goshen.
@Atheist: What can you perceive or see?
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:24pm On Jan 02, 2013
Mr_Anony:
That is why I am not understanding you....What part of christian doctrine insists on a particular number of books in the bible? I am can't see how the number of books in the bible is a twisting of anything.

Anony! Im not a rat you can set trap for ok? Do you believe in the Apocrypha and those additional books in the Catholic bible? Answer that and see the twisting in favour of your doctrine
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by christemmbassey(m): 6:42pm On Jan 02, 2013
Goshen360:

Yes! He was a Catholic for 22 years but busy eating communion only for those years. grin
so you wasted 22years because of communion? Yet when ppl like you who are also in the church because of some communion-like things misbehave you use them to judge christianity. You see ur life? Anyway, why did they drive you from the catholic church, you stole communion? Eya a a a, God have mercy on you.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by christemmbassey(m): 7:00pm On Jan 02, 2013
I am sure most professed atheists in NL where not atheists but christians, they were driven from their church when they did bad things, out of frustration they are attacking christianity. Eg logicboy

1 Like

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 02, 2013
christemmbassey: I am sure most professed atheists in NL where not atheists but christians, they were driven from their church when they did bad things, out of frustration they are attacking christianity. Eg logicboy

Is this a joke or you truly believe this nonsense?
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by MrAnony1(m): 7:19pm On Jan 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Anony! Im not a rat you can set trap for ok? Do you believe in the Apocrypha and those additional books in the Catholic bible? Answer that and see the twisting in favour of your doctrine
My guy whether I agree or not is not proof that I am twisting anything. For you to accuse somebody of twisting something, you must first tell us exactly what is being twisted.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Goshen360(m): 7:19pm On Jan 02, 2013
christemmbassey: I am sure most professed atheists in NL where not atheists but christians, they were driven from their church when they did bad things, out of frustration they are attacking christianity. Eg logicboy

grin grin grin
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by cyrexx: 9:08pm On Jan 02, 2013
Mr_Anony:
My guy whether I agree or not is not proof that I am twisting anything. For you to accuse somebody of twisting something, you must first tell us exactly what is being twisted .

stop asking silly questions and dodging. this thread is about how you christians twist the meaning of scriptures to suit your brand of theology and brand of "truth". It is plain for all to see, so asking what exactly is being twisted as if you dont know is just silly. You just want to lead the thread into another direction. Everybody is aware of your dubious tactics

Like i said before, you are not making sense with these silly questions. You must first prove some sensibilty before you could be taken serious. So you must first tell us exactly the meaning of the word SERIOUS before anyone should take you serious.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 02, 2013
cyrexx:

stop asking silly questions and dodging. this thread is about how you christians twist the meaning of scriptures to suit your brand of theology and brand of "truth". It is plain for all to see, so asking what exactly is being twisted as if you dont know is just silly. You just want to lead the thread into another direction. Everybody is aware of your dubious tactics

Like i said before, you are not making sense with these silly questions. You must first prove some sensibilty before you could be taken serious. So you must first tell us exactly the meaning of the word SERIOUS before anyone should take you serious.

lol.....imagine someone pointing a gun to Anony's face and saying- "your money or your life"

Anony will reply "define the meaning of money before I can give you"

1 Like

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by cyrexx: 9:19pm On Jan 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol.....imagine someone pointing a gun to Anony's face and saying- "your money or your life"

Anony will reply "define the meaning of money before I can give you"

LWKMD

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by debosky(m): 11:07pm On Jan 02, 2013
mazaje:

Most of what you have written is NOT true. . .Many christians do NOT agree on the basic nature of who Jesus is.

But they do - ALL Christians agree Jesus is the begotten Son of God - that is Jesus' basic nature as revealed in the bible.

Some agree that Jesus is god and god's son at the same time, others agree that is he is only the son of god.

This is a lesser matter - the central tenet is that Jesus is God's son - even in your assertion you do not dispute that.

The road to salvation itself is not agreed up on by all, while some agree that all christians are saved others agree that you still have to do some work to get saved.

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life - no one comes to the Father except through him. Everyone agrees on this. The disputes on 'work' are not the substance - the substance remains that Jesus saves - the exact mechanism is not the issue here - each individual will have to walk his walk with God.

Even the bible it self is in dispute, catholics have their own bible that contains more books than the 66 books of the pentecostal bible. . .

Again, this is not substance but a false dichotomy - the basic, fundamental tenets of the Christian faith are shared by both the Catholic 'bible' and the so called pentecostal 'bible' - both 'bibles' (in essence a compilation of books) agree on the fundamental tenets - God created the universe, and Jesus is His Son. The bible is not in dispute - the bible does not contain a reference that says 'there shalt only be x number of books'.

You talked about god creating the universe, but even christians do not agree on how and when he created it, while some take a literal reading of the bible(Young earth creationist) others claim it is an allegory(old earth creationist), some believe that adam was the first man while others believe that there was a pre adamite world. . .Some believe that hell is a permanent place of torture, while others do not agree that it is a place of eternal torture. . .

God created the universe - that is the central tenet. The exact time it was created is not a central tenet, neither is whether there was a pre-adamic world or not.

To claim that there is a central tenet is false. . .There is no acceptable universal christian doctrine. . . .

Maybe you don't understand what a central tenet is?

Minor details in dispute do not change the central tenets.

1 Like

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by personaldomest(f): 11:32pm On Jan 02, 2013
If you look in the Bible, there are an amazing number of people that God wants his followers to murder. For example, in Exodus 35:2 God lays down this commandment:

For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.
Think about that how many people work on the Sabbath -- all the employees of Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Home Depot, Linnens & things, grocery stores, convenience stores, power plants, airlines, hospitals, emergency services and on and on and on. Don't rabbis, priests and preachers work on the Sabbath? God wants all of them dead.
Then look at Deut 21:18-21. It says:

If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey his father and mother, who does not heed them when they discipline him, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his town at the gate of that place. They shall say to the elders of his town, ‘This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of the town shall stone him to death. So you shall purge the evil from your midst; and all Israel will hear, and be afraid.
That is a whole lot of teenagers that we need to kill.
Then there is Leviticus 20:13:

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them.
All homosexuals need to be killed. What about this:
If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbour, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death.
That's a lot of people who need to be killed.
In other words, if we actually listened to what God says, we would need to kill at least half of the people in America tomorrow. After all, Isaiah 40:8 says, "The grass withers, the flower fades; but the word of our God will stand for ever." The word of the Lord tells us to kill half of the U.S. population.

There are two things in this that show you that God is imaginary. First there is the utter stupidity of these verses. Second, there is this fact: If God is an all-powerful being, he would kill them himself. There would be no need for people to do the murdering. These people would already be dead, and Wal-Mart would be closed on the Sabbath through lack of employees.

Notice that believers completely ignore these parts of the Bible. That is because they know that the verses are insane. By acknowledging that their God is insane, they prove that their God is imaginary.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 02, 2013
personaldomest: If you look in the Bible, there are an amazing number of people that God wants his followers to murder. For example, in Exodus 35:2 God lays down this commandment:

For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.
Think about that how many people work on the Sabbath -- all the employees of Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Home Depot, Linnens & things, grocery stores, convenience stores, power plants, airlines, hospitals, emergency services and on and on and on. Don't rabbis, priests and preachers work on the Sabbath? God wants all of them dead.
Then look at Deut 21:18-21. It says:

If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey his father and mother, who does not heed them when they discipline him, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his town at the gate of that place. They shall say to the elders of his town, ‘This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of the town shall stone him to death. So you shall purge the evil from your midst; and all Israel will hear, and be afraid.
That is a whole lot of teenagers that we need to kill.
Then there is Leviticus 20:13:

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them.
All homosexuals need to be killed. What about this:
If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbour, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death.
That's a lot of people who need to be killed.
In other words, if we actually listened to what God says, we would need to kill at least half of the people in America tomorrow. After all, Isaiah 40:8 says, "The grass withers, the flower fades; but the word of our God will stand for ever." The word of the Lord tells us to kill half of the U.S. population.

There are two things in this that show you that God is imaginary. First there is the utter stupidity of these verses. Second, there is this fact: If God is an all-powerful being, he would kill them himself. There would be no need for people to do the murdering. These people would already be dead, and Wal-Mart would be closed on the Sabbath through lack of employees.

Notice that believers completely ignore these parts of the Bible. That is because they know that the verses are insane. By acknowledging that their God is insane, they prove that their God is imaginary.

Wassap? If you have a great atheist argument, make it here
https://www.nairaland.com/1148887/library-best-atheist-arguments-against

We need stuff like what you wrote wink
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by debosky(m): 11:59pm On Jan 02, 2013
personaldomest: Second, there is this fact: If God is an all-powerful being, he would kill them himself. There would be no need for people to do the murdering. These people would already be dead

The only utter stupidity here, with due respect, is being exhibited by you - why would a parent ask a child to do something (e.g. take your dishes to the kitchen) is the only reason because the parent cannot do it his/herself?

I thought atheists were logical, but here again is another blatant display of vacuous thinking and a lack of logical reasoning.

As for the glib references to America - those instructions were given to the nation of Israel - not to America, so why are you unintelligently applying them to America? Is America the same as the nation of Israel that received those commandments in the wilderness of Sinai? Are Americans living in the wilderness of Sinai?

Do the laws of the US automatically apply to Nigerians in Nigeria? Atheism must be a pseudonym for dimwitted illogical reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Goshen360(m): 1:11am On Jan 03, 2013
debosky:

The only utter stupidity here, with due respect, is being exhibited by you - why would a parent ask a child to do something (e.g. take your dishes to the kitchen) is the only reason because the parent cannot do it his/herself?

I thought atheists were logical, but here again is another blatant display of vacuous thinking and a lack of logical reasoning.

As for the glib references to America - those instructions were given to the nation of Israel - not to America, so why are you unintelligently applying them to America? Is America the same as the nation of Israel that received those commandments in the wilderness of Sinai? Are Americans living in the wilderness of Sinai?

Do the laws of the US automatically apply to Nigerians in Nigeria? Atheism must be a pseudonym for dimwitted illogical reasoning.

Thank you so very much my dear brother Debosky. You see, the problem with these Atheists is that, they know nothing about the bible - they only read and pick out things that they want to ridicule. Forgetting the bible as a whole was written to three major groups in general:

New Living Translation (©2007)
Don't give offense to Jews or Gentiles or the church of God. 1 Corinthians 10:32

And the scripture clearly says,

Hebrews 9:1
Expanded Bible (EXB)

The first agreement [covenant; contract;  given to Israel through Moses; 8:7,13] had rules [regulations; requirements] for worship and a place on earth for worship [L earthly sanctuary/holy place].

Yet, we see the likes of personaldomes and Logicboy03 abi na 04 he dey call himself, grin come to say they want to argue logically while they know nothing about the basis on which they argue quoting from Exodus to Deuteronomy but doesn't know where and when it applies. I have said it in the past and will stand by the truth people like debosky teach on this board - God doesn't govern the body of Christ with the old rules and regulations with which He governed the national Israel. Just like the rules, regulations and laws of the USA doesn't automatically apply to Nigeria. When God was dealing with one nation was over, now it's the body of believers. Atheists don't even know that national Israel then was a type and shadow of true Israel (church) of God to come. Thank you debosky!
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by cyrexx: 7:12am On Jan 03, 2013
You see, debosky and goshen is running out of gas.

You can easily tell when christians are running out of logical and sensible arguments, they resort to ad hominien and insults.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:32am On Jan 03, 2013
debosky:

Twister in action! Now tell us the whole bible is meant for Israelite and not African like me and you. So why you dey carry another man cross for your head?
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:32am On Jan 03, 2013
Double Post
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by cyrexx: 7:49am On Jan 03, 2013
FOLYKAZE:
Twister in action! Now tell us the whole bible is meant for Israelite and not African like me and you. So why you dey carry another man cross for your head?

This is a case of slave owners not only enslaving you but handing over to you what will make you forever remain their slave.

They give you their gods and tell you that you are worthless without their gods.

I pity my African brethren. We are still slaves to the Jews (courtesy of european missionaries) and Arabs. It is these kind of slavery that several Asian countries rejected and they developed their nations independent of the West...

When will Africa wake up?

2 Likes

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Goshen360(m): 8:46am On Jan 03, 2013
cyrexx: You see, debosky and goshen is running out of gas.

You can easily tell when christians are running out of logical and sensible arguments, they resort to ad hominien and insults.

Debosky and me running out of gas? Really! When we are teaching you guys the truth and all you want to do is argue without knowing the truth about your basis of argument. I don't have precious time to waste with you - if you are ready for real talk, I will continue otherwise, no. You guys can't prove otherwise the truth that we speak. What more is your basis of argument and besides, who and who is resorting to insult here? You guys? No?.........Abeg I wan go sleep. When I wake and check this thread, if there's need for me to continue, I will surely do. Thank you.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 03, 2013
tchaik:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I laugh soteey go jam Dangote truck!!!!!!!!!

TECHNICAL KNOCK OUT; FLAWLESS VICTORY

But bros you wicked shaa
bros... I hope u survive am sha..2013 is not a year to commit suicide..there are so many positive things to do this year.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by cyrexx: 9:43am On Jan 03, 2013
Goshen360:

Debosky and me running out of gas? Really! When we are teaching you guys the truth and all you want to do is argue without knowing the truth about your basis of argument. I don't have precious time to waste with you - if you are ready for real talk, I will continue otherwise, no.

sorry we cant take everything you say hookline and sinker like some sheep do. We are not sheep, we apply REASON and LOGIC, we acccept what is sensible (i must admit that I get your explanations about Holy Mary and the 1st 4 books of the NT, thanx 4 dat) and we reject what is bullshit.

You cant tell us to suspend our brains like church members do when they enter their place of worship (with all due respect, no offense intended)

Abeg I wan go sleep. When I wake and check this thread, if there's need for me to continue, I will surely do. Thank you.

LOL, in what part of the world are you? It is early morning here in Lagos, Nigeria o.

Anyway sha, have yourself a wonderful night rest.

Peace.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by mazaje(m): 10:04am On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
You would have to establish that the conflicting people were christians first. God has made Himself manifest as Jesus Christ. As I said, if you follow Him, you can't go wrong.

So davidylan and Oladegbuu are not christians, abi? What goshen and frosbel? They aren't christians abi?. . .What about enigma and pastor joagbeje?. . .Pastor kuns and seyibrown etc. . .You keep asking very useless questions, from one useless question to another. . .Christians disagree all the time and all of them claim they follow jesus and yet the disagree, even here on nairaland people like frosbel claim to follow only jesus but spend the entire time berating and criticizing other christians like goshen for not following the true teachings of jesus. . .

Those that believe that women should teach and preach in the churches and those that are against it use the same bible and follow the same jesus, those that believe in hell as a permanent place of suffering and those that are against it also use the same bible, those that believe that christians are supposed to prosper and those that are against it all believe in jesus and read the same bible. . .Those that believe in trinity and those that do not, those that disagree on how salvation should or can be achieved all believe in jesus and read the same bible, no?. . .Stop asking useless questions if you have nothing to say. . .Many believe in jesus and to others they are wrong. . .It all depends on how you personally self project yourself as god and in which doctrine you were raised in. . .There is NO universally acceptable christian doctrine. . .Enough of your shenanigans. . .

1 Like

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by debosky(m): 10:23am On Jan 03, 2013
cyrexx: You see, debosky and goshen is running out of gas.

Is the statement I highlighted made by your personaldomest logical? I pointed out the illogical comment she made and simply re-directed her comments to her - if anyone insulted anyone here, it was her - she insulted herself with those silly statements. cheesy
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by mazaje(m): 10:30am On Jan 03, 2013
debosky:

But they do - ALL Christians agree Jesus is the begotten Son of God - that is Jesus' basic nature as revealed in the bible.

NOT ALL. . .Many believe that Jesus is god himself and that is a very BIG difference. . .Many believe that Jesus is god and the holy spirit at the same time. . .The exact nature of Jesus is NOT agreed upon by all christians. . .If you say other wise then you are simply LYING. . .While others believe God is one in 3 forms, others believe he is not one in 3 forms but that Jesus is a very separate entity from god and a very distinct entity from the holy spirit. . .The trinity is not agreed upon by all christians and the nature of Jesus as god or the son of god is also in dispute. . .If all agree then why do some christians label other christians as heretics for holding that trinity is biblical?. . .

This is a lesser matter - the central tenet is that Jesus is God's son - even in your assertion you do not dispute that.

Many believe he is also god at the same time and that means a lot to them and has lead to many disagreements. . .

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life - no one comes to the Father except through him. Everyone agrees on this. The disputes on 'work' are not the substance - the substance remains that Jesus saves - the exact mechanism is not the issue here - each individual will have to walk his walk with God.

They are the substance, unless you want to lie to yourself. . .Many believe that Jesus can not save you if you do not do good works while others believe that once you accept jesus you are saved already regardless of your works. . .If that is not a major difference then I agree I don't know what a difference is. . .

Again, this is not substance but a false dichotomy - the basic, fundamental tenets of the Christian faith are shared by both the Catholic 'bible' and the so called pentecostal 'bible' - both 'bibles' (in essence a compilation of books) agree on the fundamental tenets - God created the universe, and Jesus is His Son. The bible is not in dispute - the bible does not contain a reference that says 'there shalt only be x number of books'.

It is NOT a false dichotomy, many catholics believe that protestants are using the imcomplete bible and as such do not have access to the complete word of god, while many protestants believe catholics accept heretical books as the word of god. . .It is a MAJOR difference, unless you want to lie to yourself. . .

God created the universe - that is the central tenet. The exact time it was created is not a central tenet, neither is whether there was a pre-adamic world or not.

How he created and when he created is a problem to many. . .The YEC says the universe was created less than ten thousand years ago and some how ties his salvation to it, people like Oladegbuu have stated many times that the belief in a young universe is tied to a person's salvation, others believe that the universe is millions of years old, some even believe that god created man and animals through evolution(vatican and the catholic leadership). . .Many believe in a pre adamite world etc. . .All these are MAJOR issues, to say that it is not a major issue is your own personal opinion, these beliefs have lead to the break away and formation of new churches and division in many existing churches. . .

Maybe you don't understand what a central tenet is?

Minor details in dispute do not change the central tenets.

There is NO universally acceptable christian doctrine. . .What is the central tenet on hell?. . .Is it a place of eternal punishment or not?. . .

What is the central christian tenet with regards to salvation?. ..Does work matter or not?. . .
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by MrAnony1(m): 10:39am On Jan 03, 2013
mazaje:

So davidylan and Oladegbuu are not christians, abi? What goshen and frosbel? They aren't christians abi?. . .What about enigma and pastor joagbeje?. . .Pastor kuns and seyibrown etc. . .You keep asking very useless questions, from one useless question to another. . .Christians disagree all the time and all of them claim they follow jesus and yet the disagree, even here on nairaland people like frosbel claim to follow only jesus but spend the entire time berating and criticizing other christians like goshen for not following the true teachings of jesus. . .

Those that believe that women should teach and preach in the churches and those that are against it use the same bible and follow the same jesus, those that believe in hell as a permanent place of suffering and those that are against it also use the same bible, those that believe that christians are supposed to prosper and those that are against it all believe in jesus and read the same bible. . .Those that believe in trinity and those that do not, those that disagree on how salvation should or can be achieved all believe in jesus and read the same bible, no?. . .Stop asking useless questions if you have nothing to say. . .Many believe in jesus and to others they are wrong. . .It all depends on how you personally self project yourself as god and in which doctrine you were raised in. . .There is NO universally acceptable christian doctrine. . .Enough of your shenanigans. . .

Let me show you something from the bible. A couple of excerpts from Romans 14(MSG):

Welcome with open arms fellow believers who don't see things the way you do. And don't jump all over them every time they do or say something you don't agree with—even when it seems that they are strong on opinions but weak in the faith department. Remember, they have their own history to deal with. Treat them gently.....

....Eventually, we're all going to end up kneeling side by side in the place of judgment, facing God. Your critical and condescending ways aren't going to improve your position there one bit. Read it for yourself in Scripture....
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by mazaje(m): 10:49am On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:

Let me show you something from the bible. A couple of excerpts from Romans 14(MSG):

Welcome with open arms fellow believers who don't see things the way you do. And don't jump all over them every time they do or say something you don't agree with—even when it seems that they are strong on opinions but weak in the faith department. Remember, they have their own history to deal with. Treat them gently.....

....Eventually, we're all going to end up kneeling side by side in the place of judgment, facing God. Your critical and condescending ways aren't going to improve your position there one bit. Read it for yourself in Scripture....

This is your own personal interpretation of the verse, as most of what you have written here does NOT appear in the verse you quoted, if you want to quote what the bible says just quote it, i do not need your personal opinion or interpretation of what the bible says. . . .Does this not contradict your statement that if you follow Jesus you can't be wrong?. . .You stared by asking useless questions. . .I made very simple statements and you started with asking useless question, now that you have no where to go you are here quoting biblical passages for me. . .The reality is that there is NO universally acceptable christian doctrine, and people ONLY self project themselves as god all the time. . .

1 Like

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by mazaje(m): 10:54am On Jan 03, 2013
More on self projection as god. . .

The bible contains a lot of paradoxical statements, conflicting accounts that cannot be unraveled and even a formal contradiction or two. It also has commands that the Christian does not wish to obey and descriptions of God that the Christian does not want to worship.

What each Christian is telling you, though, in her or his own way, is that he or she is god. Still, Christians can’t reject the Bible entirely. That would be throwing out the baby Jesus with the holy water. The Bible is the only reason to believe certain things they do hold dear. So, in one way or another, they reject what they don’t like.

Some Christians will dismiss more of the Bible, others less. Some in pious sounding ways, and others more flagrantly. The better educated, more articulate Christians might perform mental genuflections to explain biblical contradictions and write grand systematic theologies to describe their gods, while the uneducated ones might tell you only what they feel in their hearts and the religious yuppies will tell you what meaning they take from the Bible. What each Christian is telling you, though, in her or his own way, is that he or she is god.

The result is a rank and unique pride that claims a divine stamp of approval upon the Christian’s own life, while rejecting both all of the Bible that doesn’t appeal to her or his liking and the gods constructed by other Christians, reflecting other parts of the bible.

It’s an arrogant syncretism of life and religion that we call Self-Projection as God (SPAG).

For a practical demonstration, just pick a pair of contrary or contradictory Bible verses that are on either side of a sensitive issue and ask a Christian what she or he thinks about them. The better you know the Bible and the Christian, the easier it will be to pick the appropriately contrary verses, but the result will always be the same: The Christian will start rationalizing and explaining the contradiction in a way that accommodates them to his or her own life.

Understand that we’re not merely intending to demonstrate simply that the Bible is an inconsistent hodgepodge of ancient mythology and antiquated ethics rife with error. That’s obvious and it’s not the issue at hand. The issue at hand is that because the Bible is such mishmash, SPAG is the necessary and universal form of Christianity in practice, an absolute identity: All Christianity is Self-Projection as God.

Link
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by debosky(m): 11:03am On Jan 03, 2013
mazaje:
NOT ALL. . .Many believe that Jesus is god himself and that is a very BIG difference

Do those that believe he is God dispute that he is the Son of God?

. . .Many believe that Jesus is god and the holy spirit at the same time. . .The exact nature of Jesus is NOT agreed upon by all christians. . .If you say other wise then you are simply LYING. . .While others believe God is one in 3 forms, others believe he is not one in 3 forms but that Jesus is a very separate entity from god and a very distinct entity from the holy spirit. . .The trinity is not agreed upon by all christians and the nature of Jesus as god or the son of god is also in dispute. . .If all agree then why do some christians label other christians as heretics for holding that trinity is biblical?. . .

All this hot air and you can't answer a simple question - ALL Christians believe Jesus is the only begotten Son of God - YES OR NO?

Leave the other side issues and let's have a logical, progressive discussion or are atheists only comfortable in conflating issues and obfuscating?

One second you talk about 'basic nature', the next you jump to 'exact nature' are you confused? The basic nature of Jesus is that he is the only begotten Son of God and that is what matters.

They are the substance, unless you want to lie to yourself. . .Many believe that Jesus can not save you if you do not do good works while others believe that once you accept jesus you are saved already regardless of your works. . .If that is not a major difference then I agree I don't know what a difference is. . .

They all agree that Jesus saves - YES OR NO? The substance is that Jesus saves those that believe in him - the role of works is secondary and is a minor detail. Only those that first believe that Jesus saves can even begin to have a discussion about the role of works.

It is NOT a false dichotomy, many catholics believe that protestants are using the imcomplete bible and as such do not have access to the complete word of god, while many protestants believe catholics accept heretical books as the word of god. . .It is a MAJOR difference, unless you want to lie to yourself. . .

Again, this is a false dichotomy - there were Christians before the 66/66+ books of the bible were compiled - Christianity did not begin when the bible was compiled. Since those Christians who lived before the time of the bible's compilation were legitimately Christians, then the logical conclusion is that the number of books is largely irrelevant and is a minor side issue when we talk about the central tenets of Christian faith.

How he created and when he created is a problem to many. . .The YEC says the universe was created less than ten thousand years ago and some how ties his salvation to it, people like Oladegbuu have stated many times that the belief in a young universe is tied to a person's salvation, others believe that the universe is millions of years old, some even believe that god created man and animals through evolution(vatican and the catholic leadership). . .Many believe in a pre adamite world etc. . .All these are MAJOR issues, to say that it is not a major issue is your own personal opinion, these beliefs have lead to the break away and formation of new churches and division in many existing churches. . .

That is the individual prerogative - the fact remains that the central tenet is that God created the universe, not the mechanism or timing of this creation. That human beings divide and separate on these issues does not alter the central/primary tenet which is held by all Christians as true.

There is NO universally acceptable christian doctrine. . .What is the central tenet on hell?. . .Is it a place of eternal punishment or not?. . .

The central tenet is the existence of hell as a place of punishment/separation from God. As I said before, the duration or mechanism of hell isn't the central tenet.

What is the central christian tenet with regards to salvation?. ..Does work matter or not?. . .

The central tenet is that Jesus saves, No one - whether they believe works 'matter' or not - disputes that Jesus is the necessary element to be saved.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Enoch Adeboye On Cnn African Voices: Read The Q&a/transcript / Skyscrapers, Big Mansions & Ghetto Section Are In Heaven: What Is Your Choice? / Jesus Genealogy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.