Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! (45150 Views)

Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / INEC Recruitment 2014 (ADHOC Staff Vacancies)-apply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by Leader600: 5:57pm On Jan 21, 2013
euwajeh: I learnt that they we call in feb and march but is for people that wrote the test.that what someone told me
No! What about the Engineers n Architecst that werent invited. Besides, i learnt that all applications are still Valid. So it is same process of selection.

1 Like

Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by euwajeh(m): 6:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
Ok lets hope for the best.
Leader600: No! What about the Engineers n Architecst that werent invited. Besides, i learnt that all applications are still Valid. So it is same process of selection.
Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by Leader600: 7:26am On Jan 22, 2013
Johnnyemy: Another recruitment is coming up march
is it for those that wrote the test or for those that were not sent sms invite, because smeone told me that the all applications still valid!
Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by raphaelk: 8:34am On Jan 22, 2013
Insider told me that this recruiting exercise is STRICTLY based on AGE, if you are above 30 years no way! But i don`t understand our government again, age is not a disease for cry and loud when government is discriminating age what do they want company to do.Everything in Nigeria is upside down,now somebody that passes the so called test and his age is 37/38 years will not be considered, what does age have to do with employment.....very soon people will start fudging their age, where are we going in Nigeria if you want to employ,employ on merit not AGE. I Have said my own oooooooo !!!!!
Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by Leader600: 9:39am On Jan 22, 2013
raphaelk: Insider told me that this recruiting exercise is STRICTLY based on AGE, if you are above 30 years no way! But i don`t understand our government again, age is not a disease for cry and loud when government is discriminating age what do they want company to do.Everything in Nigeria is upside down,now somebody that passes the so called test and his age is 37/38 years will not be considered, what does age have to do with employment.....very soon people will start fudging their age, where are we going in Nigeria if you want to employ,employ on merit not AGE. I Have said my own oooooooo !!!!!
. No!!! A friend of mine that got his appointment letter said age limit is 35yrs. They told themooo. Bfor acceptance
Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by raphaelk: 10:23am On Jan 22, 2013
Leader600: . No!!! A friend of mine that got his appointment letter said age limit is 35yrs. They told themooo. Bfor acceptance
You said 35 years,why 35 years ? once you are a Nigerian they should not use age to judge, i have a friend because of his age, he is 37 years they did`t call him. It is not his fault now, ASU Strike makes him stays long in University, i`m still saying it using age in Federal Recruitment is absolutely wrong,age should not be used for screening.Everybody knows that if you plan to spend 4 or 5 years in the university in Nigeria you may end up spending 7 or 8 years.....a company i`m working now they don`t use age for recruiting what they are after is what you can deliver , not age for God` sake, once age is not used in political office why age in recruiting. Guys wake up this our government is cheating us........ smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by tobnical(m): 7:55am On Jan 23, 2013
Congrat to all those who got their letters in Lagos. I learnt from a reliable source within INEC dat d mnthly takehome is N72000 pendin d salary increament which would com up b4 d end of d year.
Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by Leader600: 8:00am On Jan 23, 2013
tobnical: Congrat to all those who got their letters in Lagos. I learnt from a reliable source within INEC dat d mnthly takehome is N72000 pendin d salary increament which would com up b4 d end of d year.
Hello, Tobnical, when they say the recruitment will be in phases, those is it mean for those that wrote the test or what? Sme of my friends ar eager to knw.

1 Like

Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by tobnical(m): 8:05am On Jan 23, 2013
raphaelk:
You said 35 years,why 35 years ? once you are a Nigerian they should not use age to judge, i have a friend because of his age, he is 37 years they did`t call him. It is not his fault now, ASU Strike makes him stays long in University, i`m still saying it using age in Federal Recruitment is absolutely wrong,age should not be used for screening.Everybody knows that if you plan to spend 4 or 5 years in the university in Nigeria you may end up spending 7 or 8 years.....a company i`m working now they don`t use age for recruiting what they are after is what you can deliver , not age for God` sake, once age is not used in political office why age in recruiting. Guys wake up this our government is cheating us........ smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
D ideology behind dis is this, a newly employd person is expected to work for 30 yrs nd mustn't b more dan 60yrs of age at d point of retirement. So if u employ 30yrs nd below, dey wud serve conveniently for 30 yrs. But if u re 40, u wud only work 4 20 yrs b4 ur retirement.
Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by tobnical(m): 8:09am On Jan 23, 2013
Leader600: Hello, Tobnical, when they say the recruitment will be in phases, those is it mean for those that wrote the test or what? Sme of my friends ar eager to knw.
dat I don't knw. We re only told it wud b in phases and dat ours is the just d first
Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by tewumi(f): 8:34am On Jan 23, 2013
Congrats..
Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by raphaelk: 9:49am On Jan 23, 2013
tobnical:
D ideology behind dis is this, a newly employd person is expected to work for 30 yrs nd mustn't b more dan 60yrs of age at d point of retirement. So if u employ 30yrs nd below, dey wud serve conveniently for 30 yrs. But if u re 40, u wud only work 4 20 yrs b4 ur retirement.

My brother INEC need to think about this age matter well, all Nigerians most be given equal right and chance base on merit not age, 35 or no 35 is not the best.Let him works for 20 years even 10 years is okay. Now are you telling me that if you see work in oil company paying in dollar you will not go ? It is not everybody will use 30 years in civil service,it is solder go, solder come cycle.
Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by raphaelk: 10:09am On Jan 23, 2013
tobnical: Congrat to all those who got their letters in Lagos. I learnt from a reliable source within INEC dat d mnthly takehome is N72000 pendin d salary increament which would com up b4 d end of d year.
....But you said #84000 last time, which one is correct ?.....Na wa ooooo angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by tobnical(m): 11:09am On Jan 23, 2013
raphaelk:
....But you said #84000 last time, which one is correct ?.....Na wa ooooo angry angry angry angry angry
I wasn't talkin abt inec dat tim. I was talking abt GL 8/2 in fed ministry
Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by Hajiharuna: 8:51pm On Jan 23, 2013
tobnical: I wasn't talkin abt inec dat tim. I was talking abt GL 8/2 in fed ministry
But GL 08/2 in federal ministries is less than 84,000 except if you mean in parastatals!
Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by stocon(m): 11:40am On Jan 24, 2013
Pls I have my Appointment letter but don't know what next to do. Is there anyone who is doing or who has done his or her Documentation. When and how did he or she get to do it pls?
Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by tobnical(m): 11:55am On Jan 24, 2013
stocon: Pls I have my Appointment letter but don't know what next to do. Is there anyone who is doing or who has done his or her Documentation. When and how did he or she get to do it pls?
go to inec state office in ur state of origin on monday for further information
Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by dedolls(f): 4:48pm On Jan 24, 2013
Its better we wait for further info from inec.
stocon: Pls I have my Appointment letter but don't know what next to do. Is there anyone who is doing or who has done his or her Documentation. When and how did he or she get to do it pls?
Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by tobnical(m): 9:14pm On Jan 24, 2013
dedolls: Its better we wait for further info from inec.
wht further info re we waiting for when it is stated in d leta dat we proceed to INEC headquarters for documentation.
Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by tobnical(m): 12:31pm On Jan 25, 2013
No Scandal in INEC Recruitment – INEC

Sir, your allegation of impropriety in the recruitment by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) is untrue and mischievous.

The procedure adopted for the exercise meets the highest test of integrity, transparency and stakeholder involvement. Merit was strongly applied in considering the applications; and because INEC is a public agency, the Federal Character Commission was fully consulted in the application of the quota principle. Contrary to your allegation that applicants “wasted their time and money,” no money was requested or obtained from the applicants.

It is widely known that more than 800,000 applications were received for the 1,500 jobs that INEC had on offer. Out of those applications, 6,000 applicants were shortlisted for aptitude testing. For your information, the list published on your website contains selected names out of the shortlist of applicants invited for the aptitude test, not the applicants ultimately considered for the jobs.

To avoid the mischief that could be resorted to by aggrieved persons, the Commission had taken the initiative to deny themselves by excluding qualified family members (children, sisters, brothers, wives, husbands) of senior INEC officials. This sacrifice was painful, but considered necessary for the exercise. It is sad that mischief is yet been made about the process.

As evidence of the transparency of the recruitment exercise, the Commission will shortly upload the criteria applied in the exercise on its website.

-

Kayode Robert Idowu
Chief Press Secretary to INEC Chairman

Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by Leader600: 1:46pm On Jan 25, 2013
tobnical: No Scandal in INEC Recruitment – INEC

Sir, your allegation of impropriety in the recruitment by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) is untrue and mischievous.

The procedure adopted for the exercise meets the highest test of integrity, transparency and stakeholder involvement. Merit was strongly applied in considering the applications; and because INEC is a public agency, the Federal Character Commission was fully consulted in the application of the quota principle. Contrary to your allegation that applicants “wasted their time and money,” no money was requested or obtained from the applicants.

It is widely known that more than 800,000 applications were received for the 1,500 jobs that INEC had on offer. Out of those applications, 6,000 applicants were shortlisted for aptitude testing. For your information, the list published on your website contains selected names out of the shortlist of applicants invited for the aptitude test, not the applicants ultimately considered for the jobs.

To avoid the mischief that could be resorted to by aggrieved persons, the Commission had taken the initiative to deny themselves by excluding qualified family members (children, sisters, brothers, wives, husbands) of senior INEC officials. This sacrifice was painful, but considered necessary for the exercise. It is sad that mischief is yet been made about the process.

As evidence of the transparency of the recruitment exercise, the Commission will shortly upload the criteria applied in the exercise on its website.

-

Kayode Robert Idowu
The excercise has been the most transparent of all the federal jobs recruitment excercise, but want i fault in the excercise has been the selection process. It is very apparent that candidate where randomly selected. Selection for aptitude test was not on merit at all! All the RegistrationCentre (RACO) officers, not AROs, that served as @ various local Govenrment across the federation, on supervisory capacity during the 2011 registration excercise, where not invited for test some who applied for THESAME position. Where denied! Na House tell me where is the merit? Where is the experience?There is no doubt, that they did mini mini mani mo for selecting entrants for test. But it was on merit for d acceptance of appointment letter. Atleast kudos to the commission, for not allowing bribery and corruption to taint the excercise.
Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by raphaelk: 1:56pm On Jan 25, 2013
If i am not mistaken he said because of transparency and other factors they did`t consider the senior staff family for the post, my question is this, are they not Nigerians ?........If someone shares the same surname with the senior staff so he/she is automatically disqualified, believe me that method is wrong i said it in one of my poses that the way we think in Nigeria is upside down......if you are not considered don`t worry your own miracle is on the way, those that are considered God will give you wisdom and power to serve your father land well........ shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

tobnical: No Scandal in INEC Recruitment – INEC

-

Kayode Robert Idowu
Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by Leader600: 2:55pm On Jan 25, 2013
My complaint is what happen with d 2011 ad -hoc Racos , trained by the commission. They keep on saying merit. Merit! And you throw those ones to labour market! There claims that they wked with the commission will be disputed! My advice is that the commission should recruit more. That number is too small for the task ahead! Those that av wked with the commission,can bear testimonies.
Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by tobnical(m): 3:11pm On Jan 25, 2013
smiley
Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by easiaq(m): 6:20am On Jan 26, 2013
tobnical: many pple were trained dat time like urself nd were well paid nd I don't think INEC promised to give them job. I worked wit INEC too as Presiding Officer during 2011 election. I think wht u nid to do is to pray for God's mercy and leave all these stories. U can stil get d job my guy!
Na so oo ma guy,i also wk as d P.O during 2011 election n i also wrote d app test but i wasnt call,so na prayr man need if d 2nd phase of d recruitmnt is real n anytin 2 to go by den God fit help person or may b best of job is comin ur way,bt as far as dis inec recruitment is concern is flawless coz many of ma pals getam so na prayr
Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by tobnical(m): 6:56am On Jan 26, 2013
raphaelk: If i am not mistaken he said because of transparency and other factors they did`t consider the senior staff family for the post, my question is this, are they not Nigerians ?........If someone shares the same surname with the senior staff so he/she is automatically disqualified, believe me that method is wrong i said it in one of my poses that the way we think in Nigeria is upside down......if you are not considered don`t worry your own miracle is on the way, those that are considered God will give you wisdom and power to serve your father land well........ shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

to be candid dat wud b very painful to those children bcus such opportunity might never come again. All d same if not for dat strict measure, some of us wouldn't have gotten the job. May God in his infinite mercy answer those that are still expecting
Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by tobnical(m): 7:11am On Jan 26, 2013
Hajiharuna:
But GL 08/2 in federal ministries is less than 84,000 except if you mean in parastatals!
basically, d basic salary per annum frm FG for GL 8 step 2 is N677,704=56,475.33/mnth while GL 8 step 1 is N655,384= N54,615.33/ mnth b4 tax nd is d same for all ministries and parastatals. The other allowances added is what led to the variation. For instance, d electoral allowance in INEC for GL 8 step 2 per month is around N22,000. Other parastatals got as much as allowances dat is greater dan their basic salary. Dats wht happend in the case of NAFDAC. Very soon, GL 8 in INEC will earn above N100000.
Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by tobnical(m): 7:21am On Jan 26, 2013
@Leader600: let's engage ourself in a constructive arguments now. Assuming u re INEC, nd u re faced with d task of selecting 1500 candidates from d lists of 800000 applicants, how wud u go abt it to avoid bias?
Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by tobnical(m): 7:25am On Jan 26, 2013
easiaq: Na so oo ma guy,i also wk as d P.O during 2011 election n i also wrote d app test but i wasnt call,so na prayr man need if d 2nd phase of d recruitmnt is real n anytin 2 to go by den God fit help person or may b best of job is comin ur way,bt as far as dis inec recruitment is concern is flawless coz many of ma pals getam so na prayr
wit God all things are possible. Just let ur faith be strong and be more intense in ur prayers. INEC will soon call you!
Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by Leader600: 12:21pm On Jan 26, 2013
tobnical: @Leader600: let's engage ourself in a constructive arguments now. Assuming u re INEC, nd u re faced with d task of selecting 1500 candidates from d lists of 800000 applicants, how wud u go abt it to avoid bias?
@ Tobnical if i happen to be in INEC policy making organ, or even the chairman himself, i would ensure that the recruitment advert does not exceed 3days. Since the number we require into the list of our wkforce is small compare to number of applicants that will bombard the commission site.The reason been that it will be better that u do not apply, than submitting application and denied invitation. Physicologically it is dishartening and frustrating! Secondly, Tobnical, if u study human resource management , u should knw that one of the cardinal objectives of HRM is to ensuring the right quantity and quality wkforce are the right place and time......Here, selection process is the key phrase. When they say , qualify n experience graduate, should apply,what does it mean to ? It mean pple like u tobnical and others who av one time served the commission/ Nigerian graduates that share the core ideal of the commission of taking the country to commanding heights of excellence .Now, more than 800,000applied n you are inviting just 6000 for Aptitude test just within 15days after the close of application form! Abah! Recruitment excercise like that should take a little more time, so that there wouldnt be travesty of justice n allow principle of HRM/ HCM to thrive. Although, i am an engineering graduate, i was once taught during a managent professional programme, a fraught recruitment process, will inevitably leads to high labour turnover, if not properly checked! One tin that delight me most about the recruitment excercise is that it is devoid of bribery and corruption. No greasing of palm, no connection.....thumb up for the commission! But to say selection is on merit, i TOTALLY DISAGREE.

1 Like

Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by Leader600: 12:52pm On Jan 26, 2013
IF i am one of the decision makers, i would ensure that the commission spend atleast a month and fifteen days atleast before sms invite for aptitude test. Take time to go through their claimed qualifications. Dont rush, otherwise u will work with people that soil your good public relation. There is nothing more damaging to organisation corporate image and public relation than a fraught recruitment process. Now saying that you have decided to shun any qualified daughters and sons of the commission officials is not proper to me. So it means within that short days of selecting entrants for aptitude test, any person bearing INEC dignitaries/ official is automatically disqualified. Though, i understand why, the commission did so. So that highest form of transparency is demonstrated. However, mistakes could be committed, as to erroneously consider applicants bearing such names as on their family. Hasty recruitment process, gives rise to error as we have in the case of HND/ BSC dichotomy in terms of level placed, among succesful applicants., complaints, and disatisfation. Generally, the recruitment process is fairly ok atleast nothing like bribery, nepotism, the best among federal job recruitment excercise. Kudos to the commission, sincerely hope they improve on their weakness.MY THUMB UP FOR PROF. JEGA.
Re: Whao! I Passed INEC Aptitude Test And Got the Job! by tobnical(m): 12:59pm On Jan 26, 2013
Leader600: @ Tobnical if i happen to be in INEC policy making organ, or even the chairman himself, i would ensure that the recruitment advert does not exceed 3days. Since the number we require into the list of our wkforce is small compare to number of applicants that will bombard the commission site.The reason been that it will be better that u do not apply, than submitting application and denied invitation. Physicologically it is dishartening and frustrating! Secondly, Tobnical, if u study human resource management , u should knw that one of the cardinal objectives of HRM is to ensuring the right quantity and quality wkforce are the right place and time......Here, selection process is the key phrase. When they say , qualify n experience graduate, should apply,what does it mean to ? It mean pple like u tobnical and others who av one time served the commission/ Nigerian graduates that share the core ideal of the commission of taking the country to commanding heights of excellence .Now, more than 800,000applied n you are inviting just 6000 for Aptitude test just within 15days after the close of application form! Abah! Recruitment excercise like that should take a little more time, so that there wouldnt be travesty of justice n allow principle of HRM/ HCM to thrive. Although, i am an engineering graduate, i was once taught during a managent professional programme, a fraught recruitment process, will inevitably leads to high labour turnover, if not properly checked! One tin that delight me most about the recruitment excercise is that it is devoid of bribery and corruption. No greasing of palm, no connection.....thumb up for the commission! But to say selection is on merit, i TOTALLY DISAGREE.
I think I understand d point u re driving at. Dey actually overlooked d aspect of experience which is vital. All d same, deres room for taining nd retraining. If u go thru d job description of AROs, dey re basically employed to supervise d activities in their registration areas/collation of data. Meaning dat dere wud still b ad-hoc staffs who will do d actual registration.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Delta State Civil Servive Commission Recruiting, All Field(OND,HND,BSC, etc) / When You Lie On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel / 2015 NNPC/ESSO (ExxonMobil) International Postgraduate Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.