Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,718 members, 7,813,365 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship (13498 Views)

What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. / The Things That Turn Girls On / What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by paulworld(m): 11:13am On Jan 04, 2013
I just need your contributions because am having problems in my relation, What are the things you do or try doing that kept your current or terminated your recent relation.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 04, 2013
I try to be as candid as possible with her(honesty)...i tell her about any and everything i consider pertinent(communication)...i make sure she knows how i truly feel for her,care for her and think of her(love)

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 04, 2013
I make her understand from time to time that I work very hard for my money, hence, I am not a father xmas. I make know that gold digging will never be permitted around me. I make her understand that her parents' opinions do not count in my home and any intrussion frm them will never be tolerated. I make her understand that I got no business impressing no body among her family and I shud not be expected to perform some functions just because her sisters' fiances do. That I am too busy to call all the time she desires; whenever I called shud be accepted like that. I make her understand that I gat no business with her friends, so she shud keep them off my back. I make her know that she can do whatever she wants as long as she is not interfering with my business and also as long as I am not paying for her excesses.

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by tawa89(f): 11:46am On Jan 04, 2013
tpacalipse: I make her understand from time to time that I work very hard for my money, hence, I am not a father xmas. I make know that gold digging will never be permitted around me. I make her understand that her parents' opinions do not count in my home and any intrussion frm them will never be tolerated. I make her understand that I got no business impressing no body among her family and I shud not be expected to perform some functions just because her sisters' fiances do. That I am too busy to call all the time she. desires; whenever I called shud be accepted like that. I make her understand that I gat no business with her friends, so she shud keep them off my back. I make her know that she can do whatever she wants as long as she is not interfering with my business and also as long as I am not paying for her excesses.
with all due respect bro, u aint in a relationship

57 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 04, 2013
Lastly, I make her understand that her being a virgin does not mean a single thing to me, and she shud not be throwing it at my face frm time to time as that will never ensure my staying with her. And that my not sleeping around is never because of my love for her but that I love mysef so much that sleeping around is just not an option. I make her know that I got to the level I am today by the grace of God and also because my MOTHER is a hard working woman who made her money by hersef without contribution frm anyone. So far we have had no broblems and everyone is cool.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by mkoabiola: 11:52am On Jan 04, 2013
tpacalipse: I make her understand from time to time that I work very hard for my money, hence, I am not a father xmas. I make know that gold digging will never be permitted around me. I make her understand that her parents' opinions do not count in my home and any intrussion frm them will never be tolerated. I make her understand that I got no business impressing no body among her family and I shud not be expected to perform some functions just because her sisters' fiances do. That I am too busy to call all the time she desires; whenever I called shud be accepted like that. I make her understand that I gat no business with her friends, so she shud keep them off my back. I make her know that she can do whatever she wants as long as she is not interfering with my business and also as long as I am not paying for her excesses.

Ur woman don suffer,if yruly u de relationshp.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 04, 2013
tawa89: with all due respect bro, u aint in a relationship
Sir, I am in one!
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by honeric01(m): 12:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
tpacalipse: Sir, I am in one!

You're likely to start having issues soon because i have done all these talks before and she took me to be too egocentric, self-centered even though i don't deny her attention and lastly took my bluntness for being rude.

You need to tone down but don't change who you are. mine also doesn't ask me for a dime (rarely) but sometimes i get worried grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 04, 2013
mko abiola:

Ur woman don suffer,if yruly u de relationshp.
No! She does not suffer. She knows I am very loving and that I have a very great tender heart. I can not just stand indiscipline, lazyness and wastefulness in women. That is I how I was raised. But sometime, she just tells me ' you are too hard to understand'. And trust me, my relationship is better than the relationships of so many people here.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by olumaxi(m): 12:18pm On Jan 04, 2013
unpredictability
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 04, 2013
honeric01:

You're likely to start having issues soon because i have done all these talks before and she took me to be too egocentric, self-centered even though i don't deny her attention and lastly took my bluntness for being rude.

You need to tone down but don't change who you are. mine also doesn't ask me for a dime (rarely) but sometimes i get worried grin
We have dated for seven years and getting married by April this year though the delay was frm her not me. We have had issues expecially frm her parents. I crushed all those bullshits from them with impunity. Her parents now refer to me as the guy who deos not know how o talk becos I rejected all the bullshitting frm them from them. She once told me she wanted out for some months to sort out herself and to see if I am really d one for her because of my xter. I told her she can go but nobody returns to my life once she has left. Then she changed her mind immidiately. The truth of the matter is that I have suffered so much to get to where I am and really, I am not afraid of losing any relationship.

8 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by honeric01(m): 12:41pm On Jan 04, 2013
tpacalipse: We have dated for seven years and getting married by April this year though the delay was frm her not me. We have had issues expecially frm her parents. I crushed all those bullshits from them with impunity. Her parents now refer to me as the guy who deos not know how o talk becos I rejected all the bullshitting frm them from them. She once told me she wanted out for some months to sort out herself and to see if I am really d one for her because of my xter. I told her she can go but nobody returns to my life once she has left. Then she changed her mind immidiately. The truth of the matter is that I have suffered so much to get to where I am and really, I am not afraid of losing any relationship.

Good to know you already phased out the 'issues/frictions' parts, now she knows what you're in for and what you're not in for. Good luck.

@topic:

be as blunt and precise as often as possible, sugarcoat less and explain clearly more. This i do and its helping..
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by obicentlis: 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
tpacalipse has said it all! Be your real safe, adjust only bad manners but stand firmly on your principles. If she really likes you, she gonna adjust and cope for good!
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Ihailedthee: 2:02pm On Jan 04, 2013
Understand your partner and things will work out.
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by ifihearam: 2:04pm On Jan 04, 2013
tpacalipse: We have dated for seven years and getting married by April this year though the delay was frm her not me. We have had issues expecially frm her parents. I crushed all those bullshits from them with impunity. Her parents now refer to me as the guy who deos not know how o talk becos I rejected all the bullshitting frm them from them. She once told me she wanted out for some months to sort out herself and to see if I am really d one for her because of my xter. I told her she can go but nobody returns to my life once she has left. Then she changed her mind immidiately. The truth of the matter is that I have suffered so much to get to where I am and really, I am not afraid of losing any relationship.

NA MAN U BE,I LIKE YOUR TYPE OF GUY.
GONE ARE THOSE DAYS YOU PLEASE WOMEN OR THEIR PARENTS,IF YOU ARE IN AND CAN TOLERATE ME FINE IF NOT THE DOOR IS WIDE OPEN.

THE BOLDED IS A VERY GOOD EXAMPLE OF HOW TO BE A MAN AND NOT A "WOMAN WRAPPER"

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 04, 2013
Be real to her,Never be fake for once,and try to uphold the lies you must have told her in the past.

Never give her what you don't have,and try as much to communicate with her.show love,and you will definetly get love. never allow her to boss you around,and you should take charge of the relationship.

Apologize when necessary,and always make your stand known on issues.

After all these,she remains adamant,it means,she aint meant for you,kick her azz out.
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by dhrey: 2:07pm On Jan 04, 2013
tpacalipse: No! She does not suffer. She knows I am very loving and that I have a very great tender heart. I can not just stand indiscipline, lazyness and wastefulness in women. That is I how I was raised. But sometime, she just tells me ' you are too hard to understand'. And trust me, my relationship is better than the relationships of so many people here.
hw old is she.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Ojeremi(m): 2:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
whtever way u wr brought up,the fact dt u trek bare on foot while schoolng doesnt mean u shudnt buy a shoe even wn u have more than enough money.
u nd 2 learn moral etiquette,learn to adore and respect ladies,they arnt servants nor slaves.they are weaker vessels,hence treatd gently if u dont desire to break thm.
Learn to create tym 4 her and urself.lyf is nt all abt business and money,a little luv and compasion like our lord JESUS showd 2 hs followers made hm kw they were
hungry ,he nt only faced hs biz bt he fed three/five thousands.
Dnt b rigid because of wht u av passd thru,b flexible.

17 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by dabrake(m): 2:09pm On Jan 04, 2013
I'm tryina start afresh. I really flopped big time.
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by nollywood20: 2:10pm On Jan 04, 2013
I kept on loving her and never asked her to be Miss Perfect, because Miss Perfect does not exist. But I insisted that she must be Miss Honest, because love does not ask us to be perfect, but to be honest. Moreover, I have never compared her to another woman, because I saw other women before I chose her and married her.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Chidex2442(m): 2:15pm On Jan 04, 2013
This love thing died the days of my parents! Babes ar nw after the money and material things. Jst follow the money and d babes will kum ur way!
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 04, 2013
Communication, communication and more communication. . . If you 2 talk about every thing, and solve each others problems together, your ministry will be in the permanent site sooner than you expect.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 04, 2013
Sorry i'm nat in any relatshp
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 04, 2013
From what im seeing here, it seems most people see their relationships as battle fields or as big chess boards.
Abeg, una doo, but make una relax small. Relationship/marriage is to be enjoyed and isnt a game to be played, or a battle to be fought.

Op., sorry- dnt like anwering personal questions here.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by ojjp: 2:21pm On Jan 04, 2013
Improve on ur xter everyday n be real. Dnt eva pretend 2 be who/wht u re nt. Ve confidence n ve a stand. Instead of bein harsh, be principled. Hang ur bag whr ur hands can reach. Tell/show her hw much u luv n care 4 her. Wrk hard 2 ve gud pocket. D one dat is urs ll abide.
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by omocutie(f): 2:22pm On Jan 04, 2013
@tpacallipase. Thank God I am nt her....I would hv outed long ago,mehn,plenty fishes in the sea.ladies don't ever let ur man treat u dt way...cos marriage is 4 life o.its better 2 wait nd find d right one dan 2 marry d wrong one

10 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 04, 2013
Things that help my relationship to grow are -
1, Good communication in terms of content and duration
2, Tolerance
3, Trust
4, Readiness to forgive
5. MONEY
6. I made my babe my best friend !!!

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by aadetoyin(f): 2:26pm On Jan 04, 2013
Afta reading some of the comments fear catch me. Una harsh o.
Abeg relationships and marriages are not meant to be endured.
Tank God am married if not, afta reading some comments I would have started running away from commitment.

@Op, the best thing in a relationship is communication, wen u re hurt, talk about it wen both parties are calm and more relaxed. Cos there are so many times that wen u re angry and ur partner wouldn't even know (since no be mind reader or spirit)
So make sure there's communication. And date someone u trust not someone dat takes u for granted.
Another thing is to respect each other's feeling, don't do wat u wouldn't take just because someone loves u.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by lafad11(m): 2:32pm On Jan 04, 2013
tpacalipse: I make her understand from time to time that I work very hard for my money, hence, I am not a father xmas. I make know that gold digging will never be permitted around me. I make her understand that her parents' opinions do not count in my home and any intrussion frm them will never be tolerated. I make her understand that I got no business impressing no body among her family and I shud not be expected to perform some functions just because her sisters' fiances do. That I am too busy to call all the time she desires; whenever I called shud be accepted like that. I make her understand that I gat no business with her friends, so she shud keep them off my back. I make her know that she can do whatever she wants as long as she is not interfering with my business and also as long as I am not paying for her excesses.

Sir! I must be honest with you. All dis u wrote here just proved u aint old enough for a relationship. Doubt if u are in 1. You talk like u are reharsing a script for a movie.

@op
All u need is communication. Ask questions don't assume.
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by sushieater: 2:33pm On Jan 04, 2013
I know of a thing sha, GOOD HEAD..Eat that sushi like ur favourite food
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by dabrake(m): 2:33pm On Jan 04, 2013
honeric01:

my brother you are right. I wonder why [most] girls see a blunt dude as rude. do we have to fake things? #teamOriginality

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Differences Between A Slim Girl And A Fat Girl In The Other Room. / What Is The Funniest Way A Woman Has Used To Seduce U As A Man? / How Married Guys In Akwa Ibom Are Constantly Tempted By Sexy Single Ladies(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.