Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,768 members, 7,813,545 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship (13501 Views)

What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. / The Things That Turn Girls On / What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by wills03: 8:33pm On Jan 04, 2013
tpacalipse: Lastly, I make her understand that her being a virgin does not mean a single thing to me, and she shud not be throwing it at my face frm time to time as that will never ensure my staying with her. And that my not sleeping around is never because of my love for her but that I love mysef so much that sleeping around is just not an option. I make her know that I got to the level I am today by the grace of God and also because my MOTHER is a hard working woman who made her money by hersef without contribution frm anyone. So far we have had no broblems and everyone is cool.

MY dear forget it, U've got to bend. If she plays by the rule, then she has plan B. take it or leave it.
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 04, 2013
I rest my case.
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by buchostags(m): 8:41pm On Jan 04, 2013
bro keep thns simple. dnt make big sacrifices. b unpredictable. use ur head more n b blunt if u must(thts y ladies love badt guys more). act as if u dnt give a whole lotta hoot. b charmin so u cn walk outta d "gal trap" more often. n more so c d reasonship as a match in wch u must cum out 'victor'
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by try69: 8:42pm On Jan 04, 2013
Women Are Such Complex Creatures:

If you kiss her, you are not a gentleman,
If you don't you are not a man.

If you praise her, she thinks you are lying,
If you don't, you are good for nothing.

If you agree to all her likes, you are a wimp,
If you don't you are not understanding.

If you visit her often, you are boring,
If you don't she accuses you of double crossing.

If you are well dressed, she says you are a playboy,
If you don't, she says you are a dull guy.

If you are a minute late, she complains it's hard to wait,
If she is late, she says it is a girls way.

If you kiss her once in a while, she professes you are cold,
If you kiss her often, she yells you are taking advantage.

If you talk, she wants you to listen,
If you listen, she wants you to talk.

IN SHORT...
So simple, yet so complex,
So weak, yet so powerful,
So confusing, yet so desirable,
So daming, yet so wonderful... WOMEN !

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by try69: 8:53pm On Jan 04, 2013
tpacalipse: I rest my case.
Better! They won't understand that it's a new you.
I wana believe you became rigid outta experience.
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Darey00(m): 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2013
Better
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by mimibets(f): 10:15pm On Jan 04, 2013
i have no idea why guys will listen to or try to emulate the poor example of this guy who is clearly a misogynist,this is not the 18th century abeg.Get married first that ur meek lamb will surprise u.if u want to have a good relationship with ur lady,be her best friend before u become her lover.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Halliema(f): 11:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
@tpacalipse apparently your lady is suffering from low self esteem, she has NOTHING to offer you(maybe shez not educated,or probably graduated with a third-class or pass)she might be too old to get another man and thats why she doesn't wanna loose you. Or probably you are using jazz,or maybe she is sticking to dat phrase " the angel u knw is better than the the angel u do not know". I pity her sha.
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Halliema(f): 11:05pm On Jan 04, 2013
wills03:

MY dear forget it, U've got to bend. If she plays by the rule, then she has plan B. take it or leave it.

Plan B for 7years When will the planB manifest ?[color=#990000][quote author=wills03]
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Alert(f): 11:12pm On Jan 04, 2013
@tpacalipse, i am forced to contribute because of your "toxic comments".This thread has been hijacked by your selfish comments and poor OP is yet to get a solution. I don't know how a woman can keep up with that, no love, no affection, no attention, no money grin...well i dont know what she is after. probably she is in love with your status, guess you are a rich guy with nice crib and car, so thats all she has just your 'rich' image and again i thought is either this girl is aging or she has low esteem or she is desperate(to be married) or never has been loved in her life that made her hang on. now to you are just satisfied marrying a doormat? don't you have any feelings for her to the extent you willing to share your love, time and money? well i don't know what your motive for being in a relationship is, so i wont judge sorry wink
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Mrthunzzz09(m): 11:27pm On Jan 04, 2013
i tel the truth. Make im or ha kw dat he or she is an asset 2 me. Giv im or ha a 1dafu future prospect n make im or ha see d plan in motion, etc.
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by nanalady(f): 11:36pm On Jan 04, 2013
[quote author=amia]tpacalipse: I make her understand from time to time that I work very hard for my money, hence, I am not a father xmas. I make know that gold digging will never be permitted around me. I make her understand that her parents' opinions do not count in my home and any intrussion frm them will never be tolerated. I make her understand that I got no business impressing no body among her family and I shud not be expected to perform some functions just because her sisters' fiances do. That I am too busy to call all the time she desires; whenever I called shud be accepted like that. I make her understand that I gat no business with her friends, so she shud keep them off my back. I make her know that she can do whatever she wants as long as she is not interfering with my business and also as long as I am not paying for her excesses.

ewoooooooo.....living in bondage..
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by snthesis(m): 11:42pm On Jan 04, 2013
honeric01:

Because?
because women live in a dream world, telling her everything breaks d illusion
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by sophire007(f): 1:01am On Jan 05, 2013
Dnt give any room for assumption...try as much as possible to communicate even d tiniest tins!It helps.if u want to b held,say it cuz d person is not a magician to know wat u want.
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Prudenceduru(f): 5:42am On Jan 05, 2013
@tpacalipse i think she's scared.... what's dat.... mayb she's scared of losing her 7yrs relationship.... am sure if she had sum1 ekse coming after her 4 marriage n is really different frm u... asin nice.... easy going...... RESPECTS HER PARENTS..... she will leave U..... u dnt tolerate nonesense frm her parents n u want 2 marry her?? is she scared of leavin u?? even her fwends will advice her 2 flee frm u... cuz most gals enjoy flauntin deir bfs or husbands..... ur own case sef....... it sounds like u nid 2 marry a real MILITARY LADY
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by xyoung: 5:42am On Jan 05, 2013
tpacalipse: I make her understand from time to time that I work very hard for my money, hence, I am not a father xmas. I make know that gold digging will never be permitted around me. I make her understand that her parents' opinions do not count in my home and any intrussion frm them will never be tolerated. I make her understand that I got no business impressing no body among her family and I shud not be expected to perform some functions just because her sisters' fiances do. That I am too busy to call all the time she desires; whenever I called shud be accepted like that. I make her understand that I gat no business with her friends, so she shud keep them off my back. I make her know that she can do whatever she wants as long as she is not interfering with my business and also as long as I am not paying for her excesses.
Dis guy u r too much
I want 2b like you when I grow up
I concur wit everybit of wat u said
YOU ARE D MAN
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by try69: 6:26am On Jan 05, 2013
Alert: @tpacalipse, i am forced to contribute because of your "toxic comments".This thread has been hijacked by your selfish comments and poor OP is yet to get a solution. I don't know how a woman can keep up with that, no love, no affection, no attention, no money grin...well i dont know what she is after. probably she is in love with your status, guess you are a rich guy with nice crib and car, so thats all she has just your 'rich' image and again i thought is either this girl is aging or she has low esteem or she is desperate(to be married) or never has been loved in her life that made her hang on. now to you are just satisfied marrying a doormat? don't you have any feelings for her to the extent you willing to share your love, time and money? well i don't know what your motive for being in a relationship is, so i wont judge sorry wink
All of u pouring insults on the lad and the lady should rest..even if I don't support too much rigidity, I have come to understand that a relationship is supposed to be between two people and not two people and the boy's family or the girl's family. FYI, I don't think the girl in question is scared of a mumu as most of you are saying here..she has been with him for 7 yrs and she is 28 means she has been there since she was 21(I don't think the dude was super rich then)..he is just a man with principles and he did not say he dosent give to his wife but do not support those stupid african mentality of putting a family financial burden on the inlaw which is super correct..
All this girls bashing this man and his relationship, abeg tell us ur own true story(not the fairy tale aspect).
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by 2scorehigh(m): 6:47am On Jan 05, 2013
tpacalipse, you are the real deal.

Don't be fazed by all these people calling you names, especially the ladies. I got the same reaction when I wrote this http://emmyboy.hubpages.com/hub/how-to-play-mind-games-on-women article.

The ladies will complain that you are harsh, 'not caring' and a misogynist but that's simply because they are reacting to the fact that they have lost their power over you!

The trick is to be a cool guy by charming and treating a woman very good but still show her that you can walk out at anytime when you can't take her nonsense anymore. It makes them to get serious because no right thinking human being will like to walk out of a good deal.

Deep down, they instinctively know that any man who does not take shyt is the type that will be reliable in the long run.
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Babytoony(f): 7:59am On Jan 05, 2013
tawa89: with all due respect bro, u aint in a relationship
I agree wit u tawa..dis aint a relationship
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Babytoony(f): 8:01am On Jan 05, 2013
tpacalipse: Lastly, I make her understand that her being a virgin does not mean a single thing to me, and she shud not be throwing it at my face frm time to time as that will never ensure my staying with her. And that my not sleeping around is never because of my love for her but that I love mysef so much that sleeping around is just not an option. I make her know that I got to the level I am today by the grace of God and also because my MOTHER is a hard working woman who made her money by hersef without contribution frm anyone. So far we have had no broblems and everyone is cool.
Dude..uv got a problem..seriously
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by honeric01(m): 9:53am On Jan 05, 2013
snthesis:
because women live in a dream world, telling her everything breaks d illusion

There's no way you can even tell anyone everything, you'd still leave some things out, but you should make sure you don't hide damming things away from each-other.

Anything that's likely to break your tomorrow must be discussed today, for it's better for your today to break than your tomorrow after imputing efforts/time and emotion.
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 05, 2013
Tpacalipse i feel u nd to b truthful its guys like u that get very amazing women. I wonder how u guys do it....but i tell u bro u must learn to bend. If u dnt, marriage ll teach u to bend..you must learn that everything isnt black nd white if it were so then the rainbows wont be so beautiful nd spectacular...i like the fact that u stand ur grounds but u must loosen up a bit. Always remember that a happy wife equals a happy home. Your inlaws re nt ur enemies, i feel that u dont come from the same tribe as she does (just a hunch) and due to rumours u may have heard u try to make sure that u re never being used. Life is nt do or die, learn to enjoy it and appreciate those that brighten it up 4 u....goodluck man.....really wish many of our men reasoned in ur direction, these women no go dey use us play.
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by JagaJaga1: 12:05pm On Jan 05, 2013
Why do boys like tpacalipse and girls hate him. As for me, he said my mind. But I think I will only act like this in our first 2 years of relationship and not 8 years. But as for his attitude towards the girl's family, that one can continue forever.
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 05, 2013
@ topic communication, respect ,friendship nd lots of tolerance nd patience...mum always told me "marry ur bestfriend" make her ur bestfriend...nd always keep ur relationship off ur guys....... learnt the hard way.
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by blackbeau1(f): 3:27pm On Jan 05, 2013
tpacalipse: We have dated for seven years and getting married by April this year though the delay was frm her not me. We have had issues expecially frm her parents. I crushed all those bullshits from them with impunity. Her parents now refer to me as the guy who deos not know how o talk becos I rejected all the bullshitting frm them from them. She once told me she wanted out for some months to sort out herself and to see if I am really d one for her because of my xter. I told her she can go but nobody returns to my life once she has left. Then she changed her mind immidiately. The truth of the matter is that I have suffered so much to get to where I am and really, I am not afraid of losing any relationship.
then,you don't really love her
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Creamchick2013: 5:05pm On Jan 05, 2013
@tpacalipse. You sound like a very insecure, narrow minded and Narcissistic person. 4m wot u say d whole relationship is all about you, you, you. It's nothing to b proud of. And they r right ur not in a relationship, ur in a dictatorship and u don't treat ur woman like a partner u treat her like a subject.. Most probably cos of ur insecure nature. A relationship ain't about wot u can get its about wot u can give . Dere r so many things dat r wrong wiv ur view of relationship; for example, u talk about not taking BS from her patents.,. I assume its goes both ways den as in she also doesn't have to like ur folks or show dem respect. 7years or not, getting married or not.. Am sorry but u have a looong way to go.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by snthesis(m): 5:11pm On Jan 05, 2013
Creamchick2013: @tpacalipse. You sound like a very insecure, narrow minded and Narcissistic person. 4m wot u say d whole relationship is all about you, you, you. It's nothing to b proud of. And they r right ur not in a relationship, ur in a dictatorship and u don't treat ur woman like a partner u treat her like a subject.. Most probably cos of ur insecure nature. A relationship ain't about wot u can get its about wot u can give . Dere r so many things dat r wrong wiv ur view of relationship; for example, u talk about not taking BS from her patents.,. I assume its goes both ways den as in she also doesn't have to like ur folks or show dem respect. 7years or not, getting married or not.. Am sorry but u have a looong way to go.
nah! dnt agree, women love to be under a dictatorship
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Idowuogbo(f): 5:24pm On Jan 05, 2013
tpacalipse: I make her understand from time to time that I work very hard for my money, hence, I am not a father xmas. I make know that gold digging will never be permitted around me. I make her understand that her parents' opinions do not count in my home and any intrussion frm them will never be tolerated. I make her understand that I got no business impressing no body among her family and I shud not be expected to perform some functions just because her sisters' fiances do. That I am too busy to call all the time she desires; whenever I called shud be accepted like that. I make her understand that I gat no business with her friends, so she shud keep them off my back. I make her know that she can do whatever she wants as long as she is not interfering with my business and also as long as I am not paying for her excesses.
Slavery mentality. U might as well get urself a puppy u can dictate all dis blah 2. Smh!
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Idowuogbo(f): 5:25pm On Jan 05, 2013
snthesis:
nah! dnt agree, women love to be under a dictatorship
undecided undecided
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Idowuogbo(f): 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2013
Creamchick2013: @tpacalipse. You sound like a very insecure, narrow minded and Narcissistic person. 4m wot u say d whole relationship is all about you, you, you. It's nothing to b proud of. And they r right ur not in a relationship, ur in a dictatorship and u don't treat ur woman like a partner u treat her like a subject.. Most probably cos of ur insecure nature. A relationship ain't about wot u can get its about wot u can give . Dere r so many things dat r wrong wiv ur view of relationship; for example, u talk about not taking BS from her patents.,. I assume its goes both ways den as in she also doesn't have to like ur folks or show dem respect. 7years or not, getting married or not.. Am sorry but u have a looong way to go.
Gbammest!
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Idowuogbo(f): 5:30pm On Jan 05, 2013
nomsochris: Tpacalipse i feel u nd to b truthful its guys like u that get very amazing women. I wonder how u guys do it....but i tell u bro u must learn to bend. If u dnt, marriage ll teach u to bend..you must learn that everything isnt black nd white if it were so then the rainbows wont be so beautiful nd spectacular...i like the fact that u stand ur grounds but u must loosen up a bit. Always remember that a happy wife equals a happy home. Your inlaws re nt ur enemies, i feel that u dont come from the same tribe as she does (just a hunch) and due to rumours u may have heard u try to make sure that u re never being used. Life is nt do or die, learn to enjoy it and appreciate those that brighten it up 4 u....goodluck man.....really wish many of our men reasoned in ur direction, these women no go dey use us play.
U tell him o! Love is blind, but marriage is d real eye opener.
Re: What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 05, 2013
Just one thing: Trying not to let my affections take control of me. Most guys start acting funny when they see you are into them a lot smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is The Funniest Way A Woman Has Used To Seduce U As A Man? / What Are The Sweet Words That All Girls Like To Hear? / How Married Guys In Akwa Ibom Are Constantly Tempted By Sexy Single Ladies(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.