Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... (65155 Views)

Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? / Red Alert: This Is Another Type Of Scam Email Beware!!! / Effect Of Scam On Nigerian Living Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 04, 2013
Beware of this kind of scam Nigerians are using to take advantage of people, i received a call from someone who said he knew me from a previous company we worked together but by the time he mentioned his name it didnt ring a bell & i have phone nos of everybody i knew from when i started working, so i knew something was wrong, so i played along and eventually he said he had relocated to abuja but needed someone in lagos to buy products from a particular company,

details:

Item: indicator rings, standard chrome, model s p n, no 1.8
company name: Suntex Engineering Company, Ipaja.
store keepers name: Pastor Frank
Phone no: 08165207990
his own phone no: 07040823874

He said i would deliver it and when the profit comes i would get 40% while the remaining 60% is his. I`m guessing this person had access to my CV and decided to play smart by calling me because my full name, address & phone no is on my CV, unfortunately for him he picked my middle name which i was never known by, he also mentioned where i stayed (you can imagine the risk we face when we send our CVs both hard & soft copies out), i would appreciate your opinions on this matter.

I wish you all a successfull & prosperous New Year! smiley

5 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by akudinanwa2013: 1:00pm On Jan 04, 2013
Nice oppinoin you drop here cox i have also experience this before but the prson went to call the name of my refrence on my CV before i told him not mine and he look and call min. i think the bst thing is to shut down all calls whn u know it dose not relate to you.

thanks for the info.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by PayWell: 11:24am On Jan 08, 2013
Also experienced same. He called himself engineer Adekunle. Chief Engineer Scammer Adekunle i guess. I just dropped the call
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by libertycrown: 11:51am On Mar 14, 2013
I just got a call this morning 14/3/2013 from a man that call himself Engr Lewis David from Chevron Lekki Lagos. He gave me a phone no of one elder frank the sales manager that i should request for 100 perkets of Standard Chrome SPN 1.8 at the rate of N400k. I eventually called him and he confirm the availability. Meanwhile Engr frank told me that he has a consultant by name Hon Onaja Lume from abuja that needs a supplier of this product from China. This whole thing sound too sudden and unexpected so i had to google it then i found this page. Thank you naira land for being used by God to save me from this scam.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Kambili123: 1:55pm On Jul 22, 2013
Unfortunately I fell victim and they scammed me of 20k. This guy called himself Victor at first and then Vincent later. Used the same Elder Frank as the Package contractor and I was s'pz to deliver to a Doctor Bamigo. It is a scam! I was almost going to pay another 10k when my friend advised me to check the internet. Please don't turn out foolish like I have. Double check before you commit your money. I have learnt my lesson.

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Gboliwe: 1:56pm On Jul 23, 2013
This scam trick is older than Methuselah

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Arenaesq: 10:45am On Aug 13, 2013
the trick is not old at all. One mr charles is playing it out on me now, telling me to call Elder frank
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by ernersinfobank(m): 9:34am On Aug 26, 2013
Someone is using this tricks on me now but as a smart dude I am always close to my google search for information as well as NL.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by sanjetrix: 11:47am On Aug 26, 2013
Hello,

I really appreciate your effort.I was just called now 26/08/2013 10.32am by one stupid Engr. Olatunde that I should supply Material Standard Head Chrome SPN Model 1.8 to a Hon. Mrs Grace Priye who is a honorable in Bayelsa.He said I should contact one storekeeper Elder David Oma of Mosimi Depot,Sagamu with over 500 pieces of the product in their store.He confirmed that I would be getting 40% and he will get the remaining 60%.This prompted me to search for the product on Google and I was led to your page.It is still a mystery how we (the so-called masses0 would now have to scam ourselves.This is a low brainer who is trying to rip people of the little change left with them.

Do have a nice day and thanks once again for the head-up.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by siempere(m): 10:15am On Aug 27, 2013
libertycrown: I just got a call this morning 14/3/2013 from a man that call himself Engr Lewis David from Chevron Lekki Lagos. He gave me a phone no of one elder frank the sales manager that i should request for 100 perkets of Standard Chrome SPN 1.8 at the rate of N400k. I eventually called him and he confirm the availability. Meanwhile Engr frank told me that he has a consultant by name Hon Onaja Lume from abuja that needs a supplier of this product from China. This whole thing sound too sudden and unexpected so i had to google it then i found this page. Thank you naira land for being used by God to save me from this scam.
yeah just got d same call...ma sis directed them 2 me sayin' she didn't like d tech talks..googled it and im here....tnks 4 writing dis up...guys n ladies beware...
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by lasunray(m): 8:27pm On Sep 16, 2013
I fell victim of the scam today. but thank God I don't get carried away with money. will elaborate later. I even have the call recording.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by lasunray(m): 8:38pm On Sep 16, 2013
libertycrown: I just got a call this morning 14/3/2013 from a man that call himself Engr Lewis David from Chevron Lekki Lagos. He gave me a phone no of one elder frank the sales manager that i should request for 100 perkets of Standard Chrome SPN 1.8 at the rate of N400k. I eventually called him and he confirm the availability. Meanwhile Engr frank told me that he has a consultant by name Hon Onaja Lume from abuja that needs a supplier of this product from China. This whole thing sound too sudden and unexpected so i had to google it then i found this page. Thank you naira land for being used by God to save me from this scam.

That was exactly what happened to me today.

"POWER INDICATOR RINGS, "MODEL" (S.P.N. 1.8,) COMPANY... (SUNTECKS ENG. SERVICES). ELD. PATRICK ABAYOMI. 08180561132"

THAT'S the message I got.
He said his name was Samuel.

The so-called supplier is
Hon Sampson Dippre 08102383541.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by lasunray(m): 11:33am On Sep 17, 2013
This should at least make front page now
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by joelfamak: 10:49am On Sep 24, 2013
just got a call at 10:35am 24/09/13 from one eng. charles just promoted to senior in mobil ph, requesting d same item. he asked me to call one store manager elder ogar. since i dont have credit i decided to google d item, here i am. tenx for d heads up, pls beware, 9Ja shine your eye.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Sageez(m): 12:36pm On Sep 24, 2013
fp u say? If na MJ big hips n boobz, dem go put am for fp

lasunray:

That was exactly what happened to me today.

"POWER INDICATOR RINGS, "MODEL" (S.P.N. 1.8,) COMPANY... (SUNTECKS ENG. SERVICES). ELD. PATRICK ABAYOMI. 08180561132"

THAT'S the message I got.
He said his name was Samuel.

The so-called supplier is
Hon Sampson Dippre 08102383541.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 24, 2013
Hi guys, vote for me (Stardom Artiste Contest) online at http://m.naijaartiste.net/contest/usbeel/
Thank you
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by rejay: 11:31am On Sep 30, 2013
first i want to thank all of you in nairaland you are the best group and people on earth
i got a call this morning (30/09/2013) from one Egr. Patrick who claimed that he knows me and even call my sure name and my forma house address
telling me about STANDARD CHROME 1.8 MODEL 10A gave me the supplier and the delivery person claiming to be in Calabar to pay the money in cash which he said 40% for me and 60% for him.
he gave me a no to call which i did, but thank God i had to check the internet before doing any thing which i did to the glory of God i sow the scam news on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Demoskills: 2:05pm On Oct 29, 2013
I was surprised when a stranger called me on phone, and called me by my middle name. He said he knows me and I gave him my phone number. He explained something that I didn't understand clearly then he sent this message below:
THE NAME OF THE MATERAL IS CALLED POWER INDICATOR RING MODEL NO S P N 1.8AMS)50PKS NEEDED .COMPANY NAME IS AYOBO POWER PLANT IPAJA LAGOS. STORE MANAGER IS ELDER SOLOMON OSAGIE HIS TELE NO 08148424848.
He told me to call him back but I didn't. He called me again and we discussed what he sent. He told me that he has relocated to Warri, his name is Engr Tony Obi, he told me to call one honourable Samson Balingo on 07081153697. I didn't know what was happening. I typed power indicator ring on google to know what the material is all about then I found out that it was scam. I pretended to follow up, because he didn't call me back. I am still thinking of how I can stop him from scamming people. Share this on twitter, facebook, and other social media.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by milkan05(m): 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
I Just got my own call this morning from Engr. Patrick Nwachukwu (08154424681). I was told the same story of 60%/40% profit sharing on 50 packets. Pastor Solomon Ogah (08111540101) was the contact @ Suntex Ayobo. Hon James Banigo(08123654921) is the contractor going to China that I would have to convince to buy from me as the middleman.

Thanks for the alert on here sha. Na God say make I google am.

I send sms say make the guy send me recharge card say my call credit don finish. He has not called me since then.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by dez: 11:32am On Nov 12, 2013
this shit happened to me too. he called with the name Engr patrick nwachukwu, i guess dey use different names depending on your tribe to make it sound real. anyway he was to cheap, called and said he doesnt have credit i shld call back that he has a supply for me. hisss i cant fall for that cheap line, heard it to many times. i have a blog, i will blog about it now and push it. go on www.themissdeeshow.com and read up. will use ur stories if you all dont mind.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by emmanosyclo(m): 11:11am On Nov 21, 2013
Thank God i'v been saved by nairaland. On 13/11/2013 i received a strange cal frm one pst.Patrick as he call his name(08081263090) he made mention of my name, surname n where i stayed.Yet it looks strange to me cos i can't rememba meeting any1 call patrick,so for me not to offend him i told him dat i'v just changed my phone and dat is d reason y i lost his contact. So he said some pple are goin to china to get a particular product called standard chrome SPN 1.8 relatn to PHCN dat they are about going nw. But he wants me 2 call 1 pst. Godwin timothy the mgr of bentex eng. Services 08135672470 @ ipaja 2 ask of d availabilty, qty and price of d product and to call Hon.Dr. Banigo 08084408358 who is travelin to china, that i'm a consultant and i hv d product and actual qty he wants to go and get at china for an amount of 280000 per pack while frm d manager is 220000 per pack.he said d profit ratio wil be 60/40 To cut d story short he said he is goin to get an amount 80k and send to d mgr. account no. 0128240060 GTB acct. Name BENEDICT UGUE And later forward d teller no. 2 me. And i should also get 30k and send to d same acct no. So as i was waitn 4 him 2send d teller no. I jst log on to google on my phone to seach for d company website and for d product itself wen i saw dis page.since den(yesterday) i started makin record of our conversatn til nw(21/11/2013) i didn't let dem knw of their scam so they are stil callin me. Cos i told dem i'v made d deposite which they'v not seen any sign . beware pple of
Nigeria these are some of d record.

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Allenwosko: 11:38am On Nov 21, 2013
thankyou so much.. i was almost caught off guard. thank God i came here to check & seeing all this responses and complaints. Am blessed
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by chrisbos: 1:11pm On Dec 24, 2013
Sm1 just calld me now and told me dat we meet wen I ws serving can't even rememba I ave any friend in PHCN dere bt I don't want to embarrass him so I played along as if I remembad him, den he said he has been transferd to Niger State dat dey want to install transformer bt will nid 1 chemical dat I will help dem get it from 1 company dat he send d address of d company, few minutes later he sent it, I jst copied d company name and d product and search 4 google, I jst land here dat na scam am very hapi 4 pipus comment here. Pls watch out º°˚˚˚°ºн
Bt I believe d man saw my CV dats d only place he get my info.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by joeose: 10:57am On Dec 30, 2013
Hello peps I think we v to look for a way to get hold of these people. I also got a call this morning from one Engr. Mike Duru who claimed that he knew me from my former company he even mentioned the name of the company n I asked him how I may be of help n he said that he left Lagos for warri because he got a better offer. I congratulated him on his offer and he went on to ask me if I can help do a supply to a contractor I then asked what products he said PIPELINE indicators model SPN 1.8 that he was gonna call the contractor am to make supplies to (contractors name Hon. Stella Bingo) and also the distributor Elder Amadi who works with Suntech Engineering Company ipaja lagos.

I Played along and followed his instructions and called the contractor who said she needs 70 packets of the products that she would 450k each I then knew it was scam because I just called and had not even introduced myself and she already knew my name and was telling me exactly what mike had told me I told her I would get back go her and called elder Amadi who also played his own part as the distributor and in the end I told him to keep the quantity I ordered for me but my client wants to see samples of what she is paying for he then said ok but I was gonna pay for the sample I said no that we will go see the client together with the sample them immediately Mike called me and said he has spoken to Amadi that I should pay him like half of the money and promised to bring the balance later. I then called Amadi back and he accepted without any complaints then I laughed and called him a thief that I knew they were scams from the beginning but I only played along to waste their time then I also called the other parties . Please buddies be very careful so as not to fall victim to these lions. Wish you all a blessed and fulfilled 2014. Happy new year.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by homerac7: 10:25am On Jan 06, 2014
joeose: Hello peps I think we v to look for a way to get hold of these people. I also got a call this morning from one Engr. Mike Duru who claimed that he knew me from my former company he even mentioned the name of the company n I asked him how I may be of help n he said that he left Lagos for warri because he got a better offer. I congratulated him on his offer and he went on to ask me if I can help do a supply to a contractor I then asked what products he said PIPELINE indicators model SPN 1.8 that he was gonna call the contractor am to make supplies to (contractors name Hon. Stella Bingo) and also the distributor Elder Amadi who works with Suntech Engineering Company ipaja lagos.
I Played along and followed his instructions and called the contractor who said she needs 70 packets of the products that she would 450k each I then knew it was scam because I just called and had not even introduced myself and she already knew my name and was telling me exactly what mike had told me I told her I would get back go her and called elder Amadi who also played his own part as the distributor and in the end I told him to keep the quantity I ordered for me but my client wants to see samples of what she is paying for he then said ok but I was gonna pay for the sample I said no that we will go see the client together with the sample them immediately Mike called me and said he has spoken to Amadi that I should pay him like half of the money and promised to bring the balance later. I then called Amadi back and he accepted without any complaints then I laughed and called him a thief that I knew they were scams from the beginning but I only played along to waste their time then I also called the other parties . Please buddies be very careful so as not to fall victim to these lions. Wish you all a blessed and fulfilled 2014. Happy new year.

My own expeirience is on right now with Engr Mike Duru o! grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by akeneobi(m): 12:18pm On Jul 14, 2014
A cursed fool by the name Dr Benerd Umeh with the number 08171776795 is calling people, claiming to be sending some equipments and has added 150,000 naira extra on the 350 packets of goods. He is looking for who to cover up so the stupid expatriates he will send wont find out the real price, so the person can share in the gain.

The fool has a marketing manager elder Ogah at mile 2 to partner with. He claims to be in mandillas, I wonder this kind of illiterate doctor that claimed to have studied abroad way no fit speak better english. God don dey punish him already.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Femicrux: 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2014
A colleague of mine got this fictitious call as well just this morning. The caller also gave the same details posing as an old acquaintance. Thank God for this thread on Nairaland with which I was able to quickly verify that it was a looming scam.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 17, 2014
i got a call from hon emeka okafor who claimed he worked for the nigerian brewries requesting me to help him deliver some goods for the company through one elder israel as the md of anamco and one alhaji usman sanusi as the contractor of nigerian brewries.thank God i googled this tin to find out that it is a scam
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Glovist(m): 11:24am On Jul 25, 2014
WHAOW... THIS IS SERIOUSLY AMAZING..................................................................................

THIS IS THE NUMBER THAT CALLED ME THIS MORNING AS I WAS CLEANING MY OFFICE... 08091597633 CALLING HIMSELF Engr. Emmanuel Femi... He told me he has been transferred from Lagos to Niger in the Company where he worked, the most amazing thing is that i also have an Uncle who bears that name, but the Number wasn't his. So i guess he was calling with another number. Fortunately, told me to call a Number in Lagos, A Sales Manager of Cable Metal Plc, Oba Akran , Ikeja, Lagos Pst. Joel Olaniyi (RCCG) 08183611036, so i called the man told me each is N210,000 and i will need 40 packets of it. I was told a woman Hon. (Dr.) Mrs Joy Banigo, 08107154176, wanted to get the product from China, but i should call her that i have it in Lagos, But i was amazed to hear this because, why is it that the so called Mr Emmanuel Femi can't carry on the project personally, why is he calling me.... so i need to check online for the kind of product he is talking about.... so i saw it on the first "LINK ON GOOGLE" that "BEWARE OF SCAM"... Thank God i have not take further step... just that i used the money for my feeding to buy Recharge Card to Call... Funny... PLEASE BEWARE OOOO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks to Nairaland too... thanks soooo much and God Bless......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Tunde100: 11:28am On Jul 25, 2014
Hello,House,pls i was called by one Eng.Mike-08071624236 working with Glo,he quoted my address and talk something abt chemical,after all discussion,i called my cousin dt deal with chemical and he said nothing like dt,but thank again for google,i later dicover dt its scam,pls be ware all is iyana ipaja-ayobo,ole ni won ooo,using the name of pastor,elder and so on to this people.Company-Bentex Engineering & Allied Products,SPN Standard chrome model 1.8.sales manager-Elder David Omah-09095614663.Supplier-Hon mrs Patricia Odili-08069666685.i ask him to send me 1k r-card to call the Hon.since then he did nt call. beware! beware!! beware!!!

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by edwin74: 11:28am On Jul 30, 2014
I also received call together with text FROM 09031961656 CALL JAME HE CLAIMS TO BE BANKER, I don't know how they got my number any well thank God for Nairaland FORUM information, This morning they told me to call Eng Frances Ogah with 08166367446 as SPN head part suppler , i have Google it and fine out this men are ready for scam grin
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by comradejonesy: 12:54pm On Aug 05, 2014
Dear All,
One called me this morning with this mobile no 08032753728 and told me he's offshore now, that he would want me to do a supply of what he called "POWER CORK " with model no: WHW10A, 70 packets needed @ Bayelsa for REHABILITATION BY NDDC. He also said a pkt is been sold for
N210,000 we'll sell it @ N280,000. He gave me this no 07068680728 to call Evangelist Francis Ihuoma, who he says is the sales engineer at BENTEX ENGINEERIG, IYANA IPAJA. He also said one Madam was coming to Lagos in a flight to meet me & she will pay the money into my account after which we'll share the profit 40:60.

PLEASE BEWARE OF THESE SCAMMERS.
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 / Conductor Jumps In Ikate Roundabout Canal, In Lagos (photos) / DSTV Issues, Problems And How To Fix Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.