Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... (65163 Views)

Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? / Red Alert: This Is Another Type Of Scam Email Beware!!! / Effect Of Scam On Nigerian Living Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by XrisX: 8:09am On May 22, 2015
[b]These SCAMMERS are still at it again.

You will receive a text message similar to this:
"[Your Full name], will you be chance to handle a direct procurement opportunity with effective demand by our company's project manager?Call me if you can for more details."

The product is CDMA model XPN 1.8 or a similar item, and they'll ask you to supply 70 cartons of the item which you will be directed on where to get them from.

The fraud team:
Mr. Emma 08034143567
Mr Felix Ogah (Store Manager, Suntech Technical Services) 08102383541
Dr. Jasper Umeh 08138550283

Trust me, these lazy idiots sound a bit convincing, coupled with the fact that they'll even TELL YOU YOUR FULL NAME & YOUR HOUSE ADDRESS. But don't be swayed, the internet has made this so-called private info pretty open to everyone. So be careful.

And... BE WARNED!!

It is my prayer that someday, these thieves would be caught. But until then, I'm certain that they can never do anything good with ill-gotten money from hardworking Nigerians..

PS: THERE ARE MILLIONS OF GOOD NIGERIAN PEOPLE OUT THERE, THESE ONES ARE JUST A FEW BAD EGGS. NIGERIANS ARE TRUSTWORTHY, HARDWORKING AND BROTHERLY.

DON'T LOSE TRUST IN PEOPLE, BUT SHINE YOUR EYE!!
[/b]
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Nobody: 10:46am On May 22, 2015
Thank God for Nairaland and this thread. May God continue to bless the opener of this thread too. I received a call not too long from Engr. Emmanuel Okafor 08177642829 claimed he knew me and even mentioned my address that he's an Independent Contractor...blah blah. He later sent me a text of a company's name BENTEX ENGR SERVICES, PLT 105 LASU IGANDO ROAD LAGOS. Material is Power Indicator Rings, model SPN 1.(cool. Store manager Elder David Omar 08034066730. I searched on google and saw this thread that they are SCAM! once again, God bless Nairaland.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by ProlificTk: 12:56pm On May 25, 2015
I almost fall for power indicator ring scam 2day bro, Tnx 2 U 4 sharing ur xperience, Gbayi!
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by teebhat: 2:06pm On Jun 04, 2015
Got a call today also... Wonder how they got the name and address... Then it's a phcn staff transfered to abuja and a sweet deal of rings... An honorable, a Pastor manager and Emmanuel the caller... Tried playing along until my free credit almost ran out... Told the guy to send credit and that was it. Nice one guys for posting u never can be too sure this days.... Always remember to Google. Everything... Cheers
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by bing(m): 6:20pm On Jun 15, 2015
pls guys be careful
Tunasco:
Thank God for Nairaland and this thread. May God continue to bless the opener of this thread too. I received a call not too long from Engr. Emmanuel Okafor 08177642829 claimed he knew me and even mentioned my address that he's an Independent Contractor...blah blah. He later sent me a text of a company's name BENTEX ENGR SERVICES, PLT 105 LASU IGANDO ROAD LAGOS. Material is Power Indicator Rings, model SPN 1.(cool. Store manager Elder David Omar 08034066730. I searched on google and saw this thread that they are SCAM! once again, God bless Nairaland.
I went to gotv office to get a gotv decoder on Saturday and they asked for my name and address which I gave them. only for me to get a call from these scam guys I had to play the game with them....

hon James Onoja 08054817583(buyer)
pastor David Ogah 08034066730(sales manager)
Eng Emmanuel Okafor 08095157188(NEPA guy)
they sent me an account number
uba
john Benson
I sent a fake teller number to them telling them I just made payment.... after which one of them said I should send him credit to call and confirm the payment. I told him I don't have......and I asked them to send me credit to conclude the deal, they stopped calling

I entered one of the numbers via google and this topic came up....

pls guys be careful
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by OsoDupe(f): 7:53pm On Jul 08, 2015
These people are mad. They sent me a message this afternoon asking if I will be able to handle a direct procurement opportunity with effective demand by their company's project manager? Call me if u can for more details. The moment I called I knew it was scam and I decided to play along. Mr Charles said I should call Mr Felix store keeper for suntech technology, fortunately I av a bonus credit so I called him, he said they sell at the rate of 150k and they have 850 cartons now and he asked if I am aware they do not accept cash payment and that I will go and pay at the bank I said OK no problem I will get back to him. Then I called Mr Charles, his number was busy so he called me back, I told him what Felix said and Charles said he will help me talk to their project manager and call me back early in d morning tomorrow, I said OK no problem. I'm to supply70 cartons of indicator cork so I decide to Google indicator cork and here I am. Charles number-08104827699. Felix- 08102383541 Dr Jasper Umeh-08033786801
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by omoagbeke(m): 8:18pm On Jul 09, 2015
I also got their message today with this number 08039723593. I jus enter am 4 google dat hw i see dis thread, i later cal d ediot for fun na so e begin dey tel me my full names and office which i guess he got frm my facebook acct. Pple needs to be careful
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by missbukkie: 9:52am On Jul 10, 2015
Thank God for the internet and nairalond. God bless u oh. i always say that any company that doesnt hv online presence are jokers.

i was in a meeting when i got the call from one eric (08114724796), he mentioned my name and house address, sed he knew me frm my former house. sed he now works in bayelsa and has a contract for me cuz i told him once before that he shld tell me if there were any job opportinities (i ddnt remember anythng like that but i played along). he told me to call him back so i cld get the details of the contract, i did (wasted my N15) and he told me the product was electrical power booster model sdn serial no 1.8 from ayobo power plant ipaja (i wondered how the serial number for a product wld be so short but i played along anyway). then he sed i shld call elder francis bolaji on 09099987832. the product is N350k but we wld sell ay N450k leaving 100k for us to share at 60/40 rate. i sed ok that i would call the elder francis and get back to him. i told my colleague and she confirmed she knew the scam since as far back as 2007and was still surprised that they were still running it. i decided to get a second opinion from google my bestie and stumbled on this page. as i was reading thru, the eric called me back and was upset that i hadnt called the elder francis i told him that i ddnt hv airtime on my fone and that he shld send me credit so i cld call, he hung up and hasnt called back since! awon oloshi awon wehrey alaso! me weh still dey find money take repair my fone, them come dey tell me nonsense. God punish them.

thank u jare nairaland for this eye opener. everyone beware of scammers! if u receive any strange call/sms for any strange interview for any company or any contract, please google them. if they dont have a website, then they are not serious pple.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Bomad44: 2:04pm On Jul 15, 2015
My brother see us see trouble ooo.all dis kind frog scam.my real friend also too na scam oo my old frd,i never know ontil i search tru net waitin in mean by power indicator chrome spn 1.8.ehh:@me i don almost drop to d tranp na god save me oo.i don almost send d money to d gays self tot i know maybe i we see my gain back.haaaaa nigerai,u dey spor dis nation and u dey pray make our country gud,i swear we dey cos madness curse for ourself.i beg na beware of dis man name mr ben he dey leave glover estate @alone lagos street oyinbo side,he call me dat a perticular man need a spn 1,8, at maybe i should go and meet him@airport and i we receive d money,bt i should first send half of d money to elder frank 08064355206,and i we go and give to dr james banigo,08106487826,i imaging oooooo eng ben which leave lagos and said he laave@abuja. Pls my brother no fall into dis scam , tanks so much
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by michelle5050: 8:16am On Aug 08, 2015
Dear friends......especially ladies
Beware of this no. +447937413334 claims to be Tony Ngwuli AKA(Engr. Tony) works with arab contractors New Jersey; this dude is an international scam. He'll promise u marriage n dupe u all u got, a friend of mine is a vitim.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Vortexiation: 1:17pm On Aug 12, 2015
Thanks to Nairaland for saving me from the clutches of this evil people. I was called by a certain Engr Frank Osagie claiming that he knew me from my IT days, I told him I couldn't recall him, kindly asking him to state the department we meet. He then got furious and defensive. This reaction made me realise he was lying and the whole thing was a big scam. I played along though, we need to put an end to this guys they've been on for years now it's very saddening. We have there details then why can't we apprehend them.

Engr Frank Osagie - 08182987066
Elder David Oma - 09094783613
Hon Samson banigo - 08090764261
Bank- Access bank
Account name - Michael Nwachukwu Nnoli
Account number - 0026759328

Text they sent earlier was:

Material Drilling Control Rings Spn Model I,8 Company Transmission Of Nig Ltd Ipaja Rd Ayobo BY IBTC Church Lagos, Sales Man Elder David Oma Tel, 09094783613
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by akeneobi(m): 10:51pm On Sep 06, 2015
The cursed scammer now has a virtual mobile Saudi made line +966505194068 linked to his GSM line. He may call u with it then switch to a hidden line claiming its a Saudi land line and he works there. He is in naija here, with his co-workers.

08103836806 (Emmanuel, Akingan str Alimosho)
08139656616 (John Aja, 19 Ogbonna str. Abia L.G Umuahia north) d fake clearing agent. D same Emmanuel.
08103610383 (Olaniyi Olusegun, 30 Akingan str Alimosho) fake custom official 08109490474 (30 Akingan str Alimosho) fake worker. Their fake account number 3081225621, Alex Michael. First bank.

The fool likes using names like Ben, Emmanuel Ejike Nwachukwu, he is either in the power project/PHCN products deals or in Saudi looking for romance. Ladies be careful.
People take note because dey can use any country's number.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by kulchure: 12:49pm On Sep 08, 2015
Hi Guys,
For about 3 weeks now, I have recieved calls from a certain guy ( Wale johnson, 07011919006) who claims he knows me from Ojodu area of lagos which i have sometimes lived in. He claims to have worked with Nepa but he's nomore with them and that he now lives in akwa ibom and wants me to act as a middle man for a certain transaction that involves the below commodity;

Item : spn standard chrome ( 50 packets )
model: n1.8

He says the company name is ""spaul enterprises"" and the managers name and number is below;
08124290096 Moses Akinola.

The whole discussion looks suspicious because i dont remember meeting the guy, so i decided to check out the company online and check out the product, and luckily i found on nairaland people that has gotten similar experiences with these virtual contractors. So i decided to share my own part of the experience.

Please beware guys ...
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by coldcandy: 4:42pm On Sep 08, 2015
these guys are back in bizness.

kulchure:
Hi Guys,
For about 3 weeks now, I have recieved calls from a certain guy ( Wale johnson, 07011919006) who claims he knows me from Ojodu area of lagos which i have sometimes lived in. He claims to have worked with Nepa but he's nomore with them and that he now lives in akwa ibom and wants me to act as a middle man for a certain transaction that involves the below commodity;

Item : spn standard chrome ( 50 packets )
model: n1.8

He says the company name is ""spaul enterprises"" and the managers name and number is below;
08124290096 Moses Akinola.

The whole discussion looks suspicious because i dont remember meeting the guy, so i decided to check out the company online and check out the product, and luckily i found on nairaland people that has gotten similar experiences with these virtual contractors. So i decided to share my own part of the experience.

Please beware guys ...

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Gudiza(m): 10:08pm On Sep 08, 2015
Had a good laugh @ dese stories.

reminds me of a call I got @ my working place around d time d OP created the thread.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Flye: 3:52pm On Sep 17, 2015
onyaigo:
Pls anybody who receives this call again should send me a PM so we can walk together and catch this people.....just play along abeg.....
Guy, somebody called my brother today, he claimed to be is former NYSC mate. However my brother is waiting him in chida hotel right now.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by bidrozey: 11:57am On Sep 22, 2015
i got the same call now from one Mr Tony...... claiming to know me and telling me about a material name .. POWER BOOSTER RINGS S.P.N MODEL 1.8.. That the company is COMPANY TRANSMISSION OF NIGERIA at IPAJA AYOBO. and directed me to one ELDER DAVID ADEBAYO.. 08091672052. My instinct already told me its a fraud. i decided to google and found people on nairaland with the same complaint. God have mercy.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by jevic(m): 9:09am On Dec 08, 2015
Thank God for this topic. I just got a call this morning around 8:54am asking me to call one elder Patrick Amadi that he has the material, that is, network indicator with model number 1.8. To cut the whole story short I searched for it to know what it really is and finally landed on this topic.
Lets be wise and be contented with what we have. smiley smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by uggold: 10:30am On Dec 10, 2015
Hmmmmm. One Engr Charles Eze called me yesterday, mentioned my address and said my 'kid' and his attended the same school. For starters, his name didn't ring a bell. After all the long story, he mentioned this same product supply thing. Where God take catch am be say, as soon as I saw his sms, I knew I was dealing with a semi literate igbo man. (P.S. I'm Igbo, and I encounter them a lot in my line of work.) Before his sms came in, I'd already called my hubby and he told me what to do.
{His sms: De company is Sea Oil Services Ipaja Lagos State De Product is Pipe Indecator(sic) rings De model is spn 1.8 De sales man is Elder James Adokie Tel 09095614663. The caller's number: 08091011244.}
I did as my husband suggested and asked him to send airtime of #1500 to help me make the calls to the Elder and the woman that is coming to meet me; his talk changed. When I insisted on his sending or transferring the airtime to me, he quickly ended the call. hahaha ndi oshi!!! please ooo. This is Christmas, everybody shine ya eyes.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by atoleybaba(m): 1:32pm On Dec 15, 2015
bidrozey:
i got the same call now from one Mr Tony...... claiming to know me and telling me about a material name .. POWER BOOSTER RINGS S.P.N MODEL 1.8.. That the company is COMPANY TRANSMISSION OF NIGERIA at IPAJA AYOBO. and directed me to one ELDER DAVID ADEBAYO.. 08091672052. My instinct already told me its a fraud. i decided to google and found people on nairaland with the same complaint. God have mercy.
this is dec 15 2015... and they are still using this same line of scamming.. well due to joblessness, i and my colleague decided to play along... looking for how they will scam me. theY got to d point that i should go [pick up a sample buh will av to use 380k to pick it up... buh i told them i av only 45k in my acct... they said i should pay it like that then go and wait for them in the airport while they will generously bring d sample to me at d airport....am bawt to start pouring curses and insult on them when they call
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Chinaboi(m): 1:58pm On Dec 21, 2015
Thank u nairaland for saving me from the hands of this scammers, almost fell for their scam today cry
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by dabg: 10:32am On Dec 22, 2015
I was typing sth just now but I don't know it went off I would have beeen a victim of this thanks to naira land
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by dabg: 10:39am On Dec 22, 2015
one engr Mike duru from Etisalat called me telling me to supply 70 cartons of network pad at cost price #350000 and selling prize #450000
He just called that i should call him so I can start work am still on him and he thought am still naive about the scam how can I get him and his cohorts
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by dabg: 10:47am On Dec 22, 2015
jevic:
Thank God for this topic. I just got a call this morning around 8:54am asking me to call one elder Patrick Amadi that he has the material, that is, network indicator with model number 1.8. To cut the whole story short I searched for it to know what it really is and finally landed on this topic.
Lets be wise and be contented with what we have. smiley smiley
The same elder amadi Patrick is the store manager am to work for God have mercy they are the same
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by johnsonsegxy: 6:49pm On Jan 08, 2016
Chaii they almost got my guy today oo. They have change the pattern to OIL COIL RINGS ooo. This oil coil rings is a pure scam please Don't fall victims oo, na GOD say make i verify for my guy about this deal coz he too dey anxious to pay 300k to get the stupid scam deal. Thank GOD sha.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by LezDiva(f): 12:06pm On Feb 04, 2016
Power indicator rings, model s.p.n. 1.8. Transmission company of nigeria, ayobo ipaja by nepa bus stop. Sales manager's name, pastor Godwin Amadi. Tel: 09095614663.

If u get a call from one engineer mike ( 0909 873 6145) asking u to help him supply good or what ever story he will tell u, know that he's out to scam u. Thank God i wasn't a victim.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by bamiDee1(m): 11:46am On Feb 08, 2016
Thank God for Wisdom, the Internet & NL. It just saved me from Engr. Mike's scam right now. {Imagine someone who claims to have met me before, wants to offer me a job and cannot use his credit to call, but tells me to call him back just because he has a work to give me......? NO! It doesn't work like that in most cases and that alone gave me a speculation on the ingenuity of his claims}.

Lastly, thanks to the OP of this thread for sharing with us your experience which occurred 3 years ago.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by mcearnie: 12:44pm On Feb 10, 2016
These guys are still in the game oooo. I'm currently handling one as i type dis post. I met his message on my phone as early as 7am dis morning mentioning my name and asking me to call him for a biz discussion. Wen i called, He told me he was my course mate back in the university n called himself Prince n that he relocated to Delta state where God has blessed him...n trully sounded like one of my friends, Prince. He told me d business was abt supply of grilling bolt stn1.8, 100 cartons...i shd contact Felix Amadi 08138694920 d store mgr at Suntec technical services n then, Dr Jasper Bamigo 08085450561 d contractor. After d discussions on phone, i decided to google suntec to know more d company, grilling bolt stn1.8 to also know abt d product...lo n behold, i land here.

Thank u for keeping dis thread. It gave me all d info i needed. But what can we do to stop this scammers frm dis tricks?
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by onochurch(f): 8:50am On Feb 22, 2016
ThankGod for this eye opening o, as I'm writing this, the scammers are still calling to see if I can deposit part of the money to buy just a sample of the standard chrome rings, spn 1.8 from one elder frank ogah and then go to d arrival lounge to wait for d so called hon. Dr. James Banigo to show him d sample of d products, this guys are so convincing, I even have d automatic call recording of their bargains with me since Friday, as a matter of fact I skipped going to work today to attend to this scam when I just suddenly decided to Google d fake bantex engineering services, thankGod I'm seeing this, let me start my own curses on them after wasting my 1,500 naira airtime.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by mathensy(m): 10:11am On Feb 25, 2016
I wud like to thank the nairaland for this alert. am on this tryer now. immediately the message and calls upon calls I decided to Google d coy BENTEX ENGR SERVICE LTD NO 155 IPAJA ROAD AYOBO BY I,B,T,C BUST STOP and other things. thank God I found this page. God bless u on NL
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 10, 2016
Thanks y'all...almost fell for them. God bless Nairaland and Nairalanders.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by lizzyoyibo: 2:40pm On Apr 01, 2016
hi guys,

this guy is still at it, he says i was a formal colleague of his and knows where i stay. He said his name was Engineer Mike Nwanchukwu and is presently in katsina. He wants me to help supply power indicator ring model S.P.N 1.8. That a supplier called Pastor David with phone number 08189525335 with Bentex Eng. Services, Ipaja has the material in store. The Client interested in buying the material is an honourable Joy Oghene with 08083588936. She is suppose to fly to china this evening to get it but Engr Mike has told her, i can supply them in nigeria. She is at Naco Airport presently waiting for me to bring a sample of the material to her. See SCAMMERS, its so crazy someone at this time and age will fall for this crap. I just allowed them to continue cos i wanted to see where this will lead to.

Meanwhile the supplier says its 320k for a cartoon and they cant give me any sample until i pay full for it. Engr Mike is telling me to try and deposit some amount so we can do this deal. We sell for 420k and we share 60 : 40. I then told the supplier Pastor David to send me a pix through whatsapp so i can show the honourable as sample so she can make the payment. Nah there they come know say i don catch them. lol

Only wish i could get my hands on this fools Engr Mike, Pastor David, the lady is so stupid involving herself in this scam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 / Conductor Jumps In Ikate Roundabout Canal, In Lagos (photos) / DSTV Issues, Problems And How To Fix Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.