Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... (65348 Views)

Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? / Red Alert: This Is Another Type Of Scam Email Beware!!! / Effect Of Scam On Nigerian Living Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by oloet: 10:32pm On May 11, 2017
timtess2003:
this people are still on and very active, i almost got into them today talking about tractor indicator ring spl 1.8. claimed caller who has got my profile is David Olaniyan 08176216724, the claimed Elder Adekunle who is incharge of the ware house in lagos 09086298751 [this man claimed to have got 250 packs of it], the claimed Buyer is Chief Dr Obanigo 09098364514 [buyer of the product] expected me to pay into 3113976543 Effion Elizabeth Ekaete (First Bank). God will punish you people.THIEFFFF OLE cool cool cool cool
somebody should go and pick up these fools already, they are scamming unsuspecting citizens of the country
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 17, 2017
Just got their call a couple of minutes ago. The same people actually referring to an urgent need to supply a product that must be procured from a company Bentex Engineering in Lagos. This caller claims to work for NIPP in Abuja and they need the product for Kainji. I know there is no Genco known as NIPP so I asked him which of the power plants to which he responded Kainji. Kainji dam is not under the NIPP. But I let him ride on with his tricks. The callers number is 08186253128 and he has a cohort who he claimed that I should contact in Lagos whose number is 08186253128 (Evangelist Francis Njoku). Sure its fake name.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by MurphyArt: 3:01pm On May 23, 2017
I'm currently facing this issue right now. He said his name his Wahhab from Abuja that he knew me (mentioned my address). But I'm saved by the will of Allah and typed the he name of the given company and I landed here. AlhamduliLlahi.

May Allah hasten their repentance. Aamiyn! [b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Destinychild01: 12:15pm On Jul 07, 2017
Chei, I was called too by someone who claimed to know me. Called me by my full name too and told me he is in Enugu at the moment, that I should help him supervise a business in Abuja here. Gave me the store keeper's name of dantata as pastor Paul ofili that i should call him and enquire the price of Power Cork, model 10A, quantity- 50 cartons. Thank God I Google searched the product and it led me to nairaland and discovered I wasn't the only one facing such. Naija people beware o. This happened today exactly 30 minutes ago. Thank you nairaland for saving me from scammers. God help us all o.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by olamidex: 1:18pm On Sep 08, 2017
I nearly fell for this just now
the same format, the same location(Ayobo)
There should be a way to nab these idiots....
Thank God I came here first
please don't fall victim these are their contacts
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 11, 2017
Same format today. This is his text below.

Zerock Nig Ltd,
Solomon Eze
Network Provider model SPN 1.8

I know Zerock is a construction company owned by the Former Governor of Abia State and Business Tycoon, Orji Uzor Kalu.

Imagine if I didn't know any better. The guy will call you with such confidence and gait as a member of the Armed Forces.

That is why I am always wary of calls from unknown numbers. But wait oh, Yahoo boyz are now scamming fellow naija. We need to kill this corruption.

Citizens beware.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 11, 2017
This is the Truecaller profiling of the Spam Number
0814 685 7218

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by dammyboy89: 2:39pm On Oct 11, 2017
Thank God for Nairaland o. My dad forwarded a text to me this morning from a so called Mr Samuel Omotosho (09096216283), the way my dad spoke it was like he knew the man from wayback. So he said I should handle the deal. The man started with everything, he used to work for Nitel and the man is someone close because the guy knew my name and the address to my dads house (where i grew up and where my dad still lives), so ultimately a level of trust was established. He started with the Power Indicator Rings/Boosters, said the company to buy it from is TCN, Transmission Company of Nigeria, Ayobo. The name of the sales Manager at TCN is Alh Lawal (07085200414), Model SPN 1.8, the buyer is a lady from Abuja who just won a contract to supply 9Mobile 200 cartons, a carton is N350,000 but he, Mr Samuel gave the lady (Mrs Mary Coker, 09064716137) for N450,000.
To cut the story short, i knew it was a scam
1. The Mrs Mary said she will fly from Abuja to Lagos same day to see a sample but I should bring it to the airport, after she confirms its the one she wants, they will do the transfer at a bank near the airport and she will fly back. Why will u fly all d way from Abuja to lagos and not come to see the warehouse before transferring as much as 90million?
2. The Mr Lawal said to buy sample we should pay into the Head of accounts personal account and not company......bullshit reasons he gave
3. The My Samuel and Mrs Coker will go to their lawyers to sign an agreement letter so if I dont supply, she will hold him......he called me back in less that 30mins that they have signed the agreement...............i laughed in Spanish.
.........called my dad back and tried to find out how he knew this man, and he said he also didnt remember the man, that the man just described him so well and his house and work that he tot maybe he was someone he had come across.

People please beware and tanks Nairaland for this platform. More grease to ur elbow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Youngstar3: 12:11pm On Oct 25, 2017
[i][/i][color=#006600][/color] cool cool :PHi, to whom it may concern please .
This people called me just know about this network provider SPN1.8 made in Japan , but the guy never knew who to scam and he thought it wise to be me . Unfortunately for him when he called my name and said where we met before I didn't remember such person , so he gave me numbers to call so that they can deliver the packet for me to supply but they wants me to make payments of 250k first before i will see the network provider . I want them apprehended if possible please .
The number of the guy that called me just now and he's name is Engr Tony 0703 065 1342, Store keeper at Aba Elder Francis Eme :09069453893. Contractor Hon Dr James Apollos : 09065836039
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by emylix: 1:26pm On Jan 18, 2018
These people won't stop!
This morning being 18th January2018 I received a call from one Mr Emma...he called me by surname and even went ahead to call the other two names...and my old home address....I was still trying to recall where I knew him from when he told me a business he want us to do.....after much said he sent this. "COMPANY NAME KabelMetal Nig Ltd, 28 Henry Carr St Off Oba Akran Avenue Ikeja PRODUCT NAME : Aviation Light MODEL: SPN 1.8 Amps SALES MANAGER : Pastor Chris Ogar Tel No: 08064096901" he also gave me this contact "Mrs Joy Priye 08029780906" she told me that she's on a flight to Lagos from bayelsa ....the sales manager Pastor Chris Ogar told me that before they can release the sample to me I will make a deposits....of half the price of the item but I don't have it all I should at least deposits 30k or 20k....lol..I said Wait lemme Google this item in question and that's how I stumbled upon this post on naira land.......thanks guys for the good work!....beware of this scammers o don't be too in for money.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Exodus23v25(m): 12:35pm On Feb 28, 2018
in fact, I'm grateful to God Almighty who has not make me to enter this trap..
Presently, one is pressuring me to supply them this product: power pressure regulator ring standard chrome model 1.8 SPN for over 3 days now.
If not for the leading of God that put it in my heart to even Google search for the product. Then, I found myself here on Naira land with all this testimonies.

Should I play along so as to trap them with their own snares or I should yab them and quit..?
Your suggestion, please?
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Joevic(m): 11:54am On Mar 09, 2018
I got the same message but was asked to supply network indicator, which was sold for #150k by the company; but I would supply at #200k
comradejonesy:
Dear All,
One called me this morning with this mobile no 08032753728 and told me he's offshore now, that he would want me to do a supply of what he called "POWER CORK " with model no: WHW10A, 70 packets needed @ Bayelsa for REHABILITATION BY NDDC. He also said a pkt is been sold for
N210,000 we'll sell it @ N280,000. He gave me this no 07068680728 to call Evangelist Francis Ihuoma, who he says is the sales engineer at BENTEX ENGINEERIG, IYANA IPAJA. He also said one Madam was coming to Lagos in a flight to meet me & she will pay the money into my account after which we'll share the profit 40:60.

PLEASE BEWARE OF THESE SCAMMERS.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Joevic(m): 11:57am On Mar 09, 2018
The same engr tony called me with different story
Youngstar3:
[i][/i][color=#006600][/color] cool cool :PHi, to whom it may concern please .
This people called me just know about this network provider SPN1.8 made in Japan , but the guy never knew who to scam and he thought it wise to be me . Unfortunately for him when he called my name and said where we met before I didn't remember such person , so he gave me numbers to call so that they can deliver the packet for me to supply but they wants me to make payments of 250k first before i will see the network provider . I want them apprehended if possible please .
The number of the guy that called me just now and he's name is Engr Tony 0703 065 1342, Store keeper at Aba Elder Francis Eme :09069453893. Contractor Hon Dr James Apollos : 09065836039
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by emiwanlee(m): 9:41am On Apr 10, 2018
I am in call with one right now, guys una too much. I am playing along let me see how it will end
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Deluxe8000(m): 6:47am On Apr 26, 2018
BIG SCAM!!!
I nearly fell for this just now
the same format, the same location(Ayobo)
Thank God I came here first
please don't fall victim these are their contacts
09058053250 Hon mrs Grace Funmilayo Onoja
07086359033 Engr. Temitope Johnson
08080234866 Engr. Temitope Johnson
08087488630 Elder Adeshina(deeper life)
Power indicator ring 1.8
Booking Number: BN000105/50 Packets
Mode of payment: cash
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Kataw(m): 3:59am On May 11, 2018
I was also called twice this year.
But the second call was on 10/05/2018 from this number 09090352631 (Adekunle) though the name sound familiar, I first thought it's my cleric but the voice (tune) differ.
He told me all sort of stories like those one I read above.
He told me to call Pastor Frank Amadi on 09098644399.

Though he called my full name which make me to play along.

But I started recording our conversation immediately he mention Frank, because that was the guy who called in the year 2015 with something like this.
Another thing was that he told me to call him back, so I was wondering how could someone who claimed to be who he is could not call but telling me to be calling him.................

Please let's just beware of this wolf in human skin.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by biejibbs93(m): 6:09pm On May 22, 2018
Wawu, Can't really believe this! I just want to make enquire on d product STANDARD CHROME MODEL S.P.N 1.8, but fortunately for me, i am here. He called his name Engr. Wale Aloba, called my name, surname and address but i stil dnt kw him.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by biejibbs93(m): 6:47pm On May 22, 2018
I just can't stop laughing. Elder Adeoye said they have more than quantity (70packets) of the product Engineer Wale Aloba needs to supply for the madam in Sheraton Hotel that will soon be traveling to Germany. And per packet is 230k. Engineer Wale with his sweet mouth told me to load my phone with 500naira airtime, when i told him i dnt hv airtime. He said i wil stil nid to cal d madam, that i should load my phone and call him back. That's if am going to call him back.
Bentex Engineering Service.
Product Name: Standard Chrome Model S.P.N 1.8
Store Owner: Elder Adeoye
Business Idea By: Engineer Wale Aloba
Client/Victim To Be Scam: Biola (Bie Jibbs)
Join Me Laugh Out Loud.
God Is Great! I'm Not In A Haste Of Getting Money. God Bless...
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by tosyneee(f): 12:13pm On Jun 14, 2018
REAL SCAMMERS!!!!!!
It just happened to e this morning, one eng steve called me with 09064157444 mentioned my name and where i used to work but i told hm i have left there cos i go better offer. he introduced himself as nepa official that once fixed a box for us then, so he asked if i can help him supply ELECTRICAL POWER BOOSTER MODEL 1.8 SPN (50 packet) to hon Grace Bemibo 08127304273 for 200,000 each which i will get from Elder lawal 08173551639for 150,000 each and we will both share profit 60;40, i was marvelled at the huge amount i will get 1MILLION!!!. I became suspicious when he said dont tell anyone what we are discussing with anyone cos it is strictly business and people must not know that he is selling it to individual as a nepa official. i called my fiance and said THIS IS TOO HUGE TO BE TRUE he asked me to call my brother and he said SINCE YOUR MONEY IS NOT INVOLVED, TRY BUT BE SMART, mY colleague said CANT HE SEND HIS FAMILY MEMBER
At the end of everything i called HON grace and she said she will fly to lagos later in the day and i should bring 1 sample to her and she pay for that one and make payment for the remaining 49, i called eng steve what she said and he asked me to call elder lawal, elder lawal said they dont give samples for free again since someone took it sometime ago and didnt pay nor return it so i will have to deposit half 75k before i get the sample, i called steve and he said where he is, he cant do anything financial but he will get someone to pay 30k to lawal and i should look for 20k to add and he will talk to lawal to collect 50k. i told him i dont have any money cos i just paid for my good yesterday but i will call people to see if i can get AT THIS POINT I KNEW THEY WERE SCAMMERS EVEN BEFORE I CHECKED NAIRALAND, lawal sent account number Babalola bamidele eco bank 4143073524. i called one after the other and insulted them and steve started saying LAWAL YOUR BROTHER GAVE ME YOUR NUMBER BUT HOW I GO MEET YOU I LIKE LIKE YOU WELL.
please lets BEWARE OF THESE PEOPLE
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Desmondcedar(m): 2:22pm On Jun 14, 2018
I'm dealing with one in right now at port Harcourt, he was using my church, and my full data which could be seen on my CV alone, he had given me two different descriptions of himself as a 9mobile staff at first and then a NEPA person simply because he forgot he gave me a different personality the previous day. I'm playing along though, I will update you guys. You guys should install Truecaller apps straight away cos it will give you an idea of scams whenever they call your phone.

I will update you guys when I call him again tomorrow to see a different lie he will tell.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by tosyneee(f): 4:39pm On Jun 14, 2018
THESE PEOPLE ARE SMART NOW WE JUST HAVE TO BE SMARTER, TRUECALLER BROUGHT THEIR NAME ENGINEER JAMES AND ENGINEER ADEOYE, THE BUYER NAME DID NOT POP UP AT ALL. I HAVE SHA HELP THEM TO ADD IT TO TRUECALLER AS SCAMMER STEVE,LAWAL AND GRACE, YEYE PEOPLE
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Nobody: 7:37am On Jun 15, 2018
The thing is that,you people should stop posting your no on websites like nairaland.tho,some get these No's from WhatsApp groups and other compromised websites selling 5000 Nigerian No's and 10000 corporate emails and all that to all these scammers.

Shyey I was text some times ago to come pick a job I never applied for...I just replied them with 'Bleep you!

Only greedy people will still fall for scam these days...watch out,they have many strategies.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by icefaze(m): 8:01am On Aug 02, 2018
Am presently dealing with one right now who claim to know me at my previous work place. At first he said he now works with mtn in Kano and later Mtn in Katsina. Just playing along for now.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by odyachi1: 10:24am On Aug 16, 2018
Hmm, thank God for Nairaland platform I just got a call this morning from someone calling himself Mr Bright Enahoro claiming to have known me from back where I grew up surulere, talking about supplying an item drill oil pump cork costing 300,000 per cartoñ and needing 30 carton with a profit of at least 120,000 per carton giving me a number to call a sales manager asking for the item if in stock unfortunately for them I called with my other line he didn't pickup so bright called back to say he might not have dat number but should keep calling till he picks,then I decided to even check the item online and behold I found and read this Nairaland piece about the same M.O this guys are bastard's sha. I thank God all the same .I think he even sent me credit to make calls cos a got credit alert to my MTN.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by onochurch(f): 3:13pm On Aug 21, 2018
UK based Nigerian paid £2million to blackmail military, group alleges

A civil society group under the auspices Coalition of Arewa CSO for Progress and Change, has cried out over the activities of one Dr. Idris Ahmed of the Citizens United for Peace and Security (CUPS) organization, based in the United Kingdom has received Two Million Great Britain Pounds to undermine Nigeria’s national security.

The Arewa group said Ahmed has been paid over 1billion naira by enemies of the Nigerian State to blackmail the military.

Jacob Ogwuche, National President of the Coalition made this shocking revelation at a news conference in Abuja.

According to Ogwuche, the coalition is fully aware of the plot to discredit the Nigeria Military by some unscrupulous persons who have seen a willing tool in Ahmed and CUPS for the propagation of the campaign of defamation.

He said, “We are also aware that Dr. Idris Ahmed and his CUPS organization is heavily funded by some categories of people highlighted below: Political Office Holders indicted for acts of corruption, The Islamic Movement of Nigeria, Defectors to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) , and some Disgruntled People in Government.

“While we might not want to join issues with Dr. Idris Ahmed in his ill-conceived agenda, we are constrained to put the issues in proper perspective.

“Dr. Idris Ahmed is heavily funded to sustain the attack on the Nigeria Military through his CUPS organization supposedly based in the United Kingdom.

“In times past, he has boasted to all and sundry that he has overwhelming evidence against the military and corrupt acts being perpetrated by officers, but unfortunately, he has been unable to author a single petition to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

“The curious aspect of his activities is that he is now practicing the whistle blowing policy on Facebook, calling members of the public to furnish him with evidence against any military officers in return for a cash reward.

“In one of such posts on Facebook, he stated thus “We at CUPS are patriotic Nigerians. We are determined to save Nigeria and Nigerians from peril, by whatever lawful means. We have no fear of anyone who is corrupt, no matter what their position is in human society. To this end, we are at this moment offering an immediate cash reward of N10, 000 to anyone who furnishes us with authentic information that could be used to prosecute any corrupt military officer. We have put aside the sum of N1, 000, 0000 (1 million Naira) for this project.”

“While we find this curious, to say the least, we are appalled by the sudden turnaround by the so-called agent of anti-corruption who once boasted that he has overwhelming evidence of acts of corruption against military officers.

“We find such doublespeak signs of a man that is eager to misinform the general public in return for financial rewards; we also frown at the fact that most social media platforms such as Facebook had become mediums with which acts of terrorism are carried out due to the convenience, affordability, and its broad reach.

“It is also instructive to state Dr. Idris Ahmed recently took another wife from funds he received from his paymasters to destabilize the government by deliberately spreading falsehood.

“We are constrained to state that if measures are not put in place by Facebook to block the account of Dr. Idris Ahmed from spreading falsehood and encouraging acts of terrorism in Nigeria, we might muster concerned Nigerians to sue Facebook in a court of competent Jurisdiction.

How Ahmed Idris is being funded to tarnish the image of the Nigerian Military is attachee below:

1. Political officers that were compulsorily retired = N50million.
2. IMN = N250million.
3. Defectors to PDP = N500million.
4. Disgruntled elements in government = N25million.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Nnanna79: 1:16pm On Dec 06, 2018
Same format was used on me this morning(6/12/2018). He said his name is Emma,asking me if I don't know him again. I told him may be I lost his contact when my former phone got lost. He said:there is a material he want me to supply to their company called POWER CORK. He now gave me a number to call: 09031961656, that the persons name is Paul Amadi.That he is the store manager of one ZEROCK COMPANY where they sale the POWER CORK. That I should asked him the price which he said suppose to be #150k each and that I will sell it for #200k to his company. That his company need about 70 packet. I asked him what they used it for he told me,that its a gum they use for pipleline. All along I suspect fraud/ scam but I pretended to play along. His own number Emma is :08133387312. He now said I should called one Honourable James Jaja whom he said that he is a big man who is a contractor that has been given the contract to supply such POWER CORK to their company .His number is 07068466961. That's I should called him that I have the product to sell to him and that he,Emma gave me his number. To cut the whole story short. I said let me quickly search this power cork in google and came across this NAIRALAND page and saw similar stories of scam here too. Let's be careful Naija guys are too desperate to make money. Its either its scam or yahoo plus and their ritual killings. Note: having confirm he is a scammer,I had to called him and said to him in my IBO dialect bcus he is an IBO " Nwanne Ikuko aka na tipa bu aja. Meaning guy you don't knack your hand for tipper wey carry sand. " You still de learn work guy" And he quickly off the phone. And I used another line to call him which he didn't know...and I was laughing and telling him "my friend go look for work and do. You suppose don pass this level guy"And he started abusing me,calling me names like idiot,baggar,having known that I have discovered the truth.
Note: I forgot to add that the he told me that we will share the profit 60/40% ratio
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by xploiter(m): 11:22am On Dec 18, 2018
A friend of mine was also contacted by a so called Engr Charles Jumbo 07083644312
And Emmanuel 08168602337
Telling her of a job at AGIP. Yeye people
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by SAHACO(m): 2:21am On Jan 25, 2019
It's 2019 they are back again just got a call yesterday, same pattern (INDICATOR PANEL CORK... MODEL-WHW10.A) Contact Emma 08127402367, Mr Felix Ogah sales rep 0816306688, Dr Williams Jumbo buyer 09032872102. Company account number or accountant personal account what ever AKOMA CHIBUIKE JOHN account no 2115793073. For your information they knew my name, that is what internet can do to us.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by aftatechbiz(m): 7:59pm On Feb 01, 2019
They are still using this scam o!
Just this afternoon i received a call from someone who called himself Engineer Bayo, he mentioned my company name and my office and he reminded me of what we discussed last about a business when he was going to port harcourt to resume a job he got there. i couldnt remember any of such but i said yes just to let the conversation continue. He said he like to introduce me to a business, that a supplier of his company is looking for a product and he knows the importer of that product but he doesnt want to lead him there because he can make some money from the product and we can share the profits. He said he has given my name to the supplier as the importer and he will be coming to meet me tomorow and that i should first call the importer at Lagos just to confirm whether the product is available. He said he will send the details about the product to me, i asked about the phone number of the original importer, he said he will send everything to me, then i said no problem its ok. Within a minute, he sent the following message:

D PRODUCT NAME.POWER PRESSURE REGULATOR RING STARNDAR CHROME.MODEL 1.8 SPN QUANTITY 200 PARKETS IMPORTER PRICE PAR PARK 150.000 SUPLY 170.000 IMPORTER CONTACT NEW WORLD NIG LTD TEL 07011081148 SALES MANAGER PASTOR OLALEKAN ADETUNJI OFFICE ADRES ELECTRICAL SECTION ALABA INT MARKET LAGOS HEAD OFFICE 31 RAYMOND INJOKU CRESENT AGBARA IND ESTATE.

Having received the message something just told me this could be a scam as i could not just remember i have had any dealings with anybody like that man before and i just remembered when a business sounds too good there is 'something' behind it. After his message i sent a message back to him to let us continue chatting on whatsapp and he said his number is not on whatsapp, and he called back that i should call the sales man number now, at that time i was 75% sure the whole thing is a scam so i lost interest. But when i got home later i decided to do a search about that product by googling it and google just led me to this page. Thanks technology, thanks google, thanks nairaland/nairalander and thank God.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by surckerg(m): 11:54am On Apr 25, 2019
Got a call this morning from an engineer(cant remember the name) he called me by my middle name, and said he works with 9mobile, asked if I am at work or home and he later asked me if I can supply a product for them, then he told me he will call me back that he want to get a file, after 10 min he called back, and told me he was sorry for keeping me waiting that he was actually talking to the MD of the company, after the call he sent me this message( Purkem eng sarvices sango ota product standred chrome model s p n 1.8 elder adeoye 08066066986) . then I had to check for the product on naira land, that was when I discovered they were fake. he called back to confirm if I have seen the message and I replied him with "ori yin ope sir" which he also replied " ori e ti gbale". thank God for Naira land.. SCAM IS REAL
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by 143697vc: 6:46am On Jul 11, 2019
I fell for this scam just yesterday, 10/7/2019 i lost 210k. The call was from someone who posed as a family friend, i had an occasion at home where i met a lot of people/ relatives this guy knew my name, my address and my father’s name and sounded like someone i knew which made me believe this person.

Its a long story but to cut it short; after getting the product sample to present to the fictitious buyer on my way i then cared to look it up on google and the first thing on the search result was from nairaland and how the spn 1.8 product has been used to finesse people.

We live and learn guys, don’t be on the receiving end like me. Yes we all must have heard somewhat similar stories that have changed people’s lives for real; endeavour to check, check and double check and if possible bring in someone to weigh in on anything out of the blue or too good to be true.

#staywoke
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Exoticmm(f): 2:54pm On Jul 24, 2019
143697vc:
I fell for this scam just yesterday, 10/7/2019 i lost 210k. The call was from someone who posed as a family friend, i had an occasion at home where i met a lot of people/ relatives this guy knew my name, my address and my father’s name and sounded like someone i knew which made me believe this person.

Its a long story but to cut it short; after getting the product sample to present to the fictitious buyer on my way i then cared to look it up on google and the first thing on the search result was from nairaland and how the spn 1.8 product has been used to finesse people.

We live and learn guys, don’t be on the receiving end like me. Yes we all must have heard somewhat similar stories that have changed people’s lives for real; endeavour to check, check and double check and if possible bring in someone to weigh in on anything out of the blue or too good to be true.

#staywoke

Sorry jare. It's so sad, they'll meet their end one day.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Conductor Jumps In Ikate Roundabout Canal, In Lagos (photos) / African Man Spotted With A Sponge And Soap, Getting Ready To Bath At The Beach. / Snake, Grass Cutter And Antelope Killed By A Small Boy & His Brother (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.