Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,582 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... (65159 Views)

Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? / Red Alert: This Is Another Type Of Scam Email Beware!!! / Effect Of Scam On Nigerian Living Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Michelle55: 7:23pm On Aug 02, 2019
cry same format was used on Me this morning.. Said his name is daddy favour( don't even know anyone by that name) 08128954701 and the number I'm supposed to call(sales manager) pastor amadi John 09068156316
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Maybs(f): 2:05pm On Oct 10, 2019
So someone just called me now... claimed to be my friend
Told me about the deals and send a text message.
Then i decided to check the product online and saw it was a trick from 2013!!!! Thanks to nairaland users

JESU shocked
Here is the text:
STANDARD CHROME MODEL 1.8 (100PACKETS) TRANSMISSION COMPANY OF NIGERIA AT IPAJA AYOBO LAGOS SALES MANAGER
ELDER SOLOMON OGAH - 09012767153
Let us be careful oh, Google is our friend!!!
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Yavala(m): 12:11pm On Oct 25, 2019
So yesterday was my turn for Engineer Tunde to call and ask that I call him back for a deal and then I did. These guys are crazy smart and could easily convince you because he almost did by pointing out how we have met before in a place I was frequent at, so I don't really fault people that lost their money to them. Here is the product name and address he said I should write down and then proceed with the transactions
STANDARD CHROME MODEL 1.8 (50 PACKETS) TRANSMISSION COMPANY OF NIGERIA AT IPAJA AYOBO LAGOS SALES MANAGER
Eng. Tunde: 07033226922
ELDER and Hon. Mrs. Phone numbers: 09064716137, 08152583453.
He didn't get me because he wasn't ready to commit part of his finance to the deal because he was away at Portharcourt and that I shoulder everything then deduct from the first payment when I meet the Hon. Mrs at Sheraton, so I told him I didn't have any money and then googled the company. Thanks to Nairaland and you guys here for sharing these experience

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by joshbill: 3:50pm On Dec 09, 2019
Someone just called a friend of mine now as well
Power indicator booster blah blah
I just googled the product and I saw a link about it here on nairaland

These guys are relentless ,ease guys beware
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Yomipeter: 1:12pm On Dec 26, 2019
Maybs:
So someone just called me now... claimed to be my friend
Told me about the deals and send a text message.
Then i decided to check the product online and saw it was a trick from 2013!!!! Thanks to nairaland users

JESU shocked
Here is the text:
STANDARD CHROME MODEL 1.8 (100PACKETS) TRANSMISSION COMPANY OF NIGERIA AT IPAJA AYOBO LAGOS SALES MANAGER
ELDER SOLOMON OGAH - 09012767153
Let us be careful oh, Google is our friend!!!

I really appreciate you guys , i fall into the victim of this guys on 23/12/2019, the guy call me by my full name, he mention my company name , and claim to be former friend , same tric , to supply power indicator of 100 quantity of the product , one Honorable call me , that he needed the product and his willing to pay 25m , versus cost price of 16m , i failed to checked the details , and i fall , because am too busy to check all this info online ,

guys we need to be care full with this guys , i have there details , and am trying to tracked them
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Yomipeter: 1:19pm On Dec 26, 2019
Yavala:
So yesterday was my turn for Engineer Tunde to call and ask that I call him back for a deal and then I did. These guys are crazy smart and could easily convince you because he almost did by pointing out how we have met before in a place I was frequent at, so I don't really fault people that lost their money to them. Here is the product name and address he said I should write down and then proceed with the transactions
STANDARD CHROME MODEL 1.8 (50 PACKETS) TRANSMISSION COMPANY OF NIGERIA AT IPAJA AYOBO LAGOS SALES MANAGER
Eng. Tunde: 07033226922
ELDER and Hon. Mrs. Phone numbers: 09064716137, 08152583453.
He didn't get me because he wasn't ready to commit part of his finance to the deal because he was away at Portharcourt and that I shoulder everything then deduct from the first payment when I meet the Hon. Mrs at Sheraton, so I told him I didn't have any money and then googled the company. Thanks to Nairaland and you guys here for sharing these experience

I fall into above victim , by a name of a guy call engineer Mike onja , i lost total amount of 685,000.
I fail to check this info before entering there trap .

Name of the account that collect the money is Grace Udor , 0496336543.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Amethyst19: 1:23pm On Jan 14, 2020
This scam is still on. What surprises me is their laziness in still using the same names for their scam in 2020. They obviously lack imagination. The man who contacted me was

Emmanuel (moblie no used was 09030821989) claimed he used to work at PHCN now with 9 mobile. Coincidentally I met with an Emmanuel from PHCN in the past and thought it was him.

S,p,n Model 1,8, Miccom Cable Engr, Amadiyya, Store Mg, Elder Festus,09094105711,

Hon, James Banigo, Phone, 08179466035

Same story, same names as they used in 2013. Very unimaginative set of people.

The reason I got suspicious was the sharing formula of 60% to him and 40% to me. I felt 40% was too high for me doing virtually nothing.

It's our greed that scams us first before the scammer.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by JerryJude(m): 1:25pm On Jun 19, 2020
This Scam continue oo.. i just got a call from a man, who claimed to be a pastor i k now from RCCG. one pst Iyke 09090437167 [/b]He said i have fogotten him since my wedding bla bla. that he's going to give me contract to supply certain product since he is a pastor he cant do such business gave a number of[b] Engr Emmanuel 07011617351. who claimed he work with NIPP NATIONAL INTEGRATED POWER PROJEC the man he siad blabla supply of on STANDARD CHROME MODEL 1.8 100 cartons from a company at IYANA IPAJA he gave me one number to call mr FRANK Osagie the STORE MANAGER TRANSMISSION COMPANY OF NIG., That one said one cartoon is nw #220,000 instead usual #200,000. the socalled Engr Emmanuel gave one woman number that she will buy the said product one Hon. Mrs Celestina Kuku 08102993489..the woman requested for sample and that their company will buy it at the rate of #300,000 per cartoon and contacted Mr Frank the store manager whose said #120k before relesaing any sample... after this time is stopped calling them.i pretended my airtime is finished. so they started calling and i make sure they wasted their airtime. i was playing along.
This is where money is involved.. i told them i have 20k.. engr Emma agreed to pay 100k so that they can release the sample that i will be taking to meet Hon. Mrs Celestina at EKO Hotel...i want to scam them now here.. engr Emmanuel claimed he has sent the 100k to them through his younger sister(mary) which Mr Frank confirmed. he sent their me their Accountant Account No, one Mrs DOROTY OCHEREOME 3049723991 POLARIS BANK
i told them i have sent the money through POS that their was a decline while i was debited.. i told engr Emmanuel to send me 20k so that i can complete the transaction, he quickly hang the call and said im not serious for the business, i ensure i wasted their time and airtime, sometime i will pretend the network is bad to make sure i waste their airtime at different occassion any of them called .. pls people should be aware of them..i knw one day they will all be apprended..

I wish i work with DSS OR EFCC I would gone out my way to make sure i track them with the above bank details and phone numbers
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Ezypretty: 1:46pm On Jul 15, 2020
I have the same experience now.someone called and asked me to supply a product worth 75,000 each for 100 pieces that the profit sharing will be 50/50. I warned him never to call my line that he is a scammer. He even addressed himself as honourable but he didn't have credit to make call.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Ezekiah1977(m): 9:16pm On Aug 18, 2020
I have the same experience this morning. A man called me this morning and he call himself Oladapo Bankole, he mention my name, he said he worked as a NEPA branch manager in my town sometimes ago, that we have met on several occasion and he claimed he know very well. Then I concur and listen to him. He said is now working at Kanji Dam.

He asked me to be a supplier to one Alhaji Ibrahim Abubakar, that I should supply 200 packets of POWER PRESSURE REGULATOR RINGS 1.8 SPN model, Standard Crome, made in France of which N150,000 per 1 packet and we will make N30,000 from each packet. He said we will be sharing the profit 50/50. He even asked me to call Pastor Olalekan Olatunji of NEW WORLD INCORPORATION WEST AFRICA LTD that will supply the products to me.

To cut the story short, the Buyer (Alhaji Abubakar) said he will come to my place to pay for the product on one condition that I have to show him a packet of that product.

The NEPA man said I should call Pastor to help me send a packet of the product. Then I called Pastor back, after several plead, the man asked my to pay a sum of N10,000 as a token to show that I will still come to them to buy the product and for the transport fare to my place before he can send it.

Before I proceed, I just googled the product to know the kind of business I'm dealing with. see that it was a scam. Thank God for Nairaland. Many must have been falling victim.

Take note of these numbers.
They use these numbers to scam people.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by CaptainMarvel(m): 6:01am On Oct 25, 2020
They get your details from your cv and resume. Many deliberately advertise fake jobs just to get your full details, address and references
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by diiadem(f): 2:27pm On Feb 25, 2021
Please let's all be careful. These Guys are still at it in 2021. Thank God for the spirit of discernment.
I got a call from one Mr Emmanuel Osagie (09152815893), same format and he gave me the number of one Dr. Mrs. Stella as the contractor (which brought out Hon. Olaitan Coker on Truecaller). She insisted i bring a sample to her at oriental hotel.
The supplier number,Pastor John Ojo (appears as Samuel Adeoye scammer on truecaller). He said the cost of the sample is 210,000 but i can deposit 100,000. I was so close to sending the money, i just checked online and saw this page. Then, checked on Truecaller to discover their real names. The account number is 2288906971 Zenith Bank Babatunde Adeniyi.
I already cursed them via text, i pray they meet their waterloo soon. Please let's not allow greed becloud our reasoning

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Murphy55: 12:43pm On Jun 02, 2021
This is true because I also got a call to from one Mr Ben who claimed I gave him my line and he wants me supply 50 cartons of B connector sensor he also gave the company to call for the item but I should pay for sample
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by eagleonearth(m): 9:49am On Jun 25, 2021
Yomipeter:

I fall into above victim , by a name of a guy call engineer Mike onja , i lost total amount of 685,000.
I fail to check this info before entering there trap .

Name of the account that collect the money is Grace Udor , 0496336543.

how on earth can you part with such amount. They just called me now and I discharged them fast
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by MaSTra: 4:50pm On Feb 15, 2022
These people are really good at convince people..
I fell victim today, 35 thousand naira...all my contributions plus extra .... Please beware
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Topemoney: 3:55pm On Mar 29, 2022
Pls anybody who receives this call again should send me a PM so we can walk together and catch this people.....just play along abeg.....
just received this type of call now how can we catch them
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by bdon123(m): 11:03am On Apr 20, 2022
Today 20th April 2022,this person tried scamming me.He called himself Victor Ama.He claimed we met years ago at Sabon Tasha kaduna.What gave him up was he called my first name.Nobody knows me by first name,as i use and giv people only my surname.I started googlingand found further details of others he has scammed.He tried getting to buy some electrical booster module from suntex engineering company at abuja kad expressway.....
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Oluwanieze: 9:14pm On Dec 08, 2022
On this day DEC 08, 2022.

One Engr Bakare called the Office line, and I was closer to the phone, I answered, he acted like he has worked with the company on several occasions and offered to give me a business proposal. Engr Bakare said he left ministry of works to join a firm in Port Harcourt, that he spent most of his time on site. He said a politician got a contract from their firm to deliver power pressure model number 1.8 spn made in France, but the politician doesn't know how to go about it, that I should assist him in getting it, that he has a dealer in Lagos that we can get it at a cheaper rate, but we will give the politician a higher price. Engr bakare gave me a number to call one pastor Olamilekan olatunji(I wonder why they always use pastors), he said he is the sales manager of one NEW WORLD INC. I called Engr bakare and asked him if the business is legit, Omo! The man swore that it's a legit business, that if I ain't interested I should back off, I told him I'm in. Me that is alway surfing the internet, something within me knew something was fishy but I played along. I googled power pressure model 1.8 spn and new world Inc. Omo! Google brought me to nairaland. Engr bakare is an elderly man from his voice, an elderly man trying to defraud people. May God help us. Greed can get anyone scammed.

Engr bakare phone : 08029209524

The fake pastor olagunju Olamilekan phone : 09042729049

Be careful out there folks...

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Studz411: 1:58pm On Jan 17, 2023
Same format was just used on me, I believe this guy got hold of my cv too. Don't know him from adam, one Mr Benjamin Obiora (09169126616) called saying I gave him my number. I thought about it hard but still could not recall anybody by that name.

He asked me to help him supply 50 cartons of Electrical Power Booster, model number SPN 1.8amps to a contractor Hon Goodluck Ogah (08086346667). Where he got my attention was, he was very quick to say 1 carton goes for #170,000 and I'll be buying from TCN- Transmission Company of Nigeria located at Iyana Ipaja, Megida Bus stop opposite Deeper Life Church.
He gave me the number of one Elder David Momoh (08163415405) as my contact at the TCN to confirm the price which Mr Ben gave as 100k Company price. I called and this elder said the Power booster goes for #110,000 per carton now, and asked if i didn't receive the memo in December (dollar don high). OMO SEE PROFIT!!! shocked
After ending the call I immediately did the maths and found out if this deal goes through a total profit of at least 3 million naira would have been gained.

Then I said to myself, I don't even know what this power booster looks like, let me google and see then walaaaaah, nairaland popped up.

The MR BEN called back to ask if I had called the contractor, then my own interrogation started. Sir, please how did you say you got my number again? The man started stuttering, and then he called both my names that very few people knew, mentioned the name of my street too, i quickly denied that i dont stay on that street. Then he said I should forget about it and ended the call.

I want to thank everybody here, true caller revealed the same name as the suspects with these numbers. I never would have known.

Let's keep this thread going, had my experience today 17-01-2023. Let future victims have a chance too.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Irenosen04(f): 5:41pm On Feb 06, 2023
Studz411:
Same format was just used on me, I believe this guy got hold of my cv too. Don't know him from adam, one Mr Benjamin Obiora (09169126616) called saying I gave him my number. I thought about it hard but still could not recall anybody by that name.

He asked me to help him supply 50 cartons of Electrical Power Booster, model number SPN 1.8amps to a contractor Hon Goodluck Ogah (08086346667). Where he got my attention was, he was very quick to say 1 carton goes for #170,000 and I'll be buying from TCN- Transmission Company of Nigeria located at Iyana Ipaja, Megida Bus stop opposite Deeper Life Church.
He gave me the number of one Elder David Momoh (08163415405) as my contact at the TCN to confirm the price which Mr Ben gave as 100k Company price. I called and this elder said the Power booster goes for #110,000 per carton now, and asked if i didn't receive the memo in December (dollar don high). OMO SEE PROFIT!!! shocked
After ending the call I immediately did the maths and found out if this deal goes through a total profit of at least 3 million naira would have been gained.

Then I said to myself, I don't even know what this power booster looks like, let me google and see then walaaaaah, nairaland popped up.

The MR BEN called back to ask if I had called the contractor, then my own interrogation started. Sir, please how did you say you got my number again? The man started stuttering, and then he called both my names that very few people knew, mentioned the name of my street too, i quickly denied that i dont stay on that street. Then he said I should forget about it and ended the call.

I want to thank everybody here, true caller revealed the same name as the suspects with these numbers. I never would have known.

Let's keep this thread going, had my experience today 17-01-2023. Let future victims have a chance too.

Thanks
Same was used on my dad today. Used my brother's name and said he knew my dad through my brother, and we lived together in Mushin. My dad asked the names of his other children and he couldn't say anything. That's where we caught them.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Studz411: 12:43am On Feb 07, 2023
Irenosen04:
Same was used on my dad today. Used my brother's name and said he knew my dad through my brother, and we lived together in Mushin. My dad asked the names of his other children and he couldn't say anything. That's where we caught them.

Glad they didn't succeed, God help us in this country called Nigeria.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Elobest(m): 1:22pm On May 06, 2023
DE COMPANY IS MICCOM CABLES NIG LTD AHMADIYA IJAYE LAGOS STATE DE PRODUCT IS PIPE INDICATOR RINGS MODEL SPN .1~8 DE SALES MAN IS MR JAMES OGAR 08144080148

Same here, they have started again.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by PrinceGallant: 11:48am On Aug 14, 2023
Many thanks to the Op, I just received mine today. Internet is good, I might have been scammed but God saves me. That this has been used since 2013 is amazing....
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by tiluv1(f): 12:29pm On Dec 08, 2023
Thank God for this thread on Nairaland, I would have been scammed today. He told me his is Engr Taiwo Balogun from airtel, he was in Lagos before, but got transferred to Niger state. He want me to supply Power indicator booster. Sent a number of Elder Collins Agada as the materials sales manager. I just decided to check what Power Indicator booster looks like on google, then I saw this thread. Here is the text from him:
Name of the materia call power indecator booster spn 1.8. comp name CABLE METAL nig ltd. at ericar close oba acra ikeja lagos state. materia sale maneger name and phone no ELDER COLLINS AGADA 08109973892
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by aston406: 3:22pm On Dec 15, 2023
December 2023 here, just got the same call few minutes ago, he said the exact same thing I have read on this thread. Could have been a victim, thank you for this update really.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Jacklamar97: 1:54pm On Jan 20
This is 2024 and someone just called me trying to pull off this scam on me too
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Jacklamar97: 1:58pm On Jan 20
This is 2024 and someone just called me trying to pull off this scam on me too his number is +234 9164522498
He said I gave him my number one time when we met in festac (I stay around festac), that he wants
E to act like a supplier to his oga to supply power indicator model 1.8 that I should call 09076034655 (pastor charles) at sango ota I should go and buy it or have him supply it to me, that I’m buying at 130k and I should tell the oga it’s 180,000 and the profit we would share it, my airtime and transport I should add it that I would deduct it. 50k is a small money for me to go through all this stress I just said I should come and search the power indicator 1.8 online let me see what it is, and I saw nairaland posts about the scam format
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Peteru1st(m): 4:24pm On Apr 22
Thanks for this info guys!! Someone almost used this same format for me too now. I just wasted a whooping sum of #200 airtime speaking to this scammer 😂😂😂

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 / Conductor Jumps In Ikate Roundabout Canal, In Lagos (photos) / DSTV Issues, Problems And How To Fix Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.