Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,515 members, 7,954,955 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:09 PM

Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... (66857 Views)

Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? / Red Alert: This Is Another Type Of Scam Email Beware!!! / Effect Of Scam On Nigerian Living Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by talk2reo: 3:21pm On Apr 05, 2016
I just got a call from the scammer Engineer Emmanuel. I wonder how he got my details and my brothers name. He called with 08189273609. I smelt a rat when he mentioned where I used to work.

We need to get him. Informing the Police detectives (080570000002)

npfcomplaint@gmail.com
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by echofamozo(m): 1:46pm On Apr 06, 2016
This same thing just happened to my wife. Thank God she called me and I decided to checkout the product on-line though I told her to ask the guy to send the money to her account so she can buy the products on his behalf. It was the exact phrase bellow the man used. Ladies especially should be careful.

He wants me to help supply power indicator ring model S.P.N 1.8. That a supplier called Pastor David with phone number 08189525335 with Bentex Eng. Services, Ipaja has the material in store. The Client interested in buying the material is an honourable Joy Oghene with 08083588936. She is suppose to fly to china this evening to get it but Engr Mike has told her, i can supply them in nigeria.[/font]
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by babadyg: 10:37am On Apr 14, 2016
Hello guys...great job you're doing here. I was nearly a victim of scammers. I will try and give a detailed narrative of how it all happened. One Mr Charles - 07032034966; claiming to be an old acquaintance, called me up on my mobile phone, and said he had a deal which would be most beneficial to both of us. That he was on site at Omoku in Rivers State, and that they were servicing pipes and needed Power bolt - Model XPN; Type 1.8. He asserted that this material was finished and that they were in desperate need of it. He asked where I was, and I was in Bayelsa at the time which I told him. He went on to say that, the said material Power Bolt, was supposed to be purchased from China by one Hon Dr. James Banigo - 08033969071 and his team, whom he would set up to meet me as the major distributer of the said material. He then said that the material was N250000 and that we could get 70 pieces of it from one Engr Solomon Amadi - 09083735712, who was the store manager at Daewoo; at that price and then sell it at N350000 naira and share the profits. In all honesty, I was already falling for the scam because I thought he was someone else who I knew. I called the the Engr Solomon Amadi who of course, confirmed that the materials were in stock. I then called him, Mr. Charles back and he expressed happiness and said I should call Hon Dr. James Banigo to set up a meet. However, I suddenly began to have doubts, and after I discussed it with my wife some serious warning bells began to ring. I decided to google the material - Power bolt - Model XPN; Type 1.8, the names- Hon Dr. James Banigo & Engr Solomon Amadi and all the phone numbers and the search machine brought me here. If you are reading and have had any similar experiences of the same kind or even different ones; I would counsel you to do a write up and post it...even if you got scammed...just do it...you may be saving a life or even a family. God bless you.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by OMOBABAYEMI: 11:04pm On Apr 18, 2016
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by lljimae(f): 5:23pm On Apr 20, 2016
Please beware of these scammers. I received a call from one Engr Okoye who said he knew me from EEDC Enugu (meanwhile I dont even work there) but has been transferred to another state. He told me about INDICATOR RINGS 10A and that I should call Elder Francis, storekeeper at ANAMCO Emene Enugu for the price and he needs 70cartoons. I quickly checked online and saw it was a scam. I called the said Elder who said the price is 310k. As a sharp Igbo lady, I got back to the Engr Okoye and told him that it is 320k, that he should tell the contractors to contact me. I guess he needed nobody to tell Him that his sins have found him out,he became aggressive and ended the call and has refused to take my call...hahaha
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by molaross: 6:11pm On May 05, 2016
i got the same call now from one Engr. Emmanuel olayemi claiming to
know me, he even mention my street and that he is an usher in my church, he called me by my first name confirming with my surname and telling me about a material name .. standard chrome S.P.N MODEL 1.8.. That the company is
COMPANY TRANSMISSION OF NIGERIA at IPAJA AYOBO.
and directed me to one Pastor Joel Olaniyi
07067675173. He went on to say
that, the said material Power Bolt, was supposed to be
purchased from China by one Hon Dr. Mr's. Ebele Banigo -
08033969071 and his team, whom he would set up to
meet me as the major distributer of the said material. B4 falling into their trap further, I make enquiry from my church if there is anybody by that name in the usher b4. because he claimed to be in Niger state on transfer, but to my surprise from the church no record was found about him, then I google the address and I found myself here. and am fully convinced that they are bastardized idiots. cos have spent N200.oo calling d idiots.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by michylabo(m): 12:36pm On May 11, 2016
08092326642. Engr Emmanuel
08039702611. Honourable Grace
08091672052. Sales manager - Mr Adeoye David

Almost fell for there trickery. This kind time wey economy hard. They called me by by names... But became scared when i said i was coming to Abule Egba for business, but can afford to stop at Ipaja. they wanted to know who i was coming with e.t.c. That verified that they were tricksters.
Thank God i no fall o...

Poverty and hardship they blind guys o... I for waste my time and fuel wey no dey for this scarcity period.

They for chop my 50k wey i even borrow.... Baba God thank u.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by straynt(m): 8:49am On May 18, 2016
scammers team. 07037584741 PST Patrick Ofili. 07063158351 Barr Rosemary Baniko.
Address given: news engineering kubwa expressway by gwarimpa junction. (ofcoz it doesn't exist)
I was told to be a distributor for network indicator bulb model spn1.8. I knew it was scam from the onset. I wonder how these guys got most of my details.
Guys pls beware! I got him when I asked him to recall where we met the last time.
its quite unfortunate that people have decided to pursue this kind of life. Thank God I am not greedy enough to fall for this kind of scam.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by akurban: 5:29am On May 19, 2016
Those people squeezed out #150,000 from me on May 18, 2016, unknowing to me that I was dealing with 419s. The so called person that called me claimed to knew me. He described how we got to meet which sounded as if it was true. So, I went ahead thinking I was helping someone I know to secure his job.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by akurban: 2:31pm On May 19, 2016
DO SCAMMERS STILL EXIST
(I have been scammed for...150k)

I happened to meet this guy through a phone call, who claimed we met through a career program (career impact @christ church, redeem) that was held @charly boy (2nd pedro) sometime in March

He claimed we met and xchanged numbers at that program which I cld'nt remember but was jst having a flash of such time in my head because I met some guys but cld'nt keep their names in my head. He said his name is Mike which didn't ring any bell at all.
He told me he has secured a job in mtn
That anytime I am done with service that I shld give him a call and that was few months into my service year, we've been chating through phone calls ever since, which I did immediately after my NYSC but he made me realize I was pestering on him so much on just two calls, so I calmed.
To my gr8est surprise he called me yesterday on 18th of May 2016. so I picked, I had hoped the call was for a job. He told me he wanted my help, that he needed me to secure his job for him. I asked him how? He began to narrate for me now.
He said: he has been buying this device for his company
That the price of the device is 150k...but he has always told the company that each of the pack is sold for 185k. And now that the company has decided to send another person, his colleague in the same company. That if the company gets to know or finds out that he's been adding extra 30k on the supposed price, it might cost him his job.
So he brought me into play
He said I will need to stand as the middle person, someone to collect from the supplier @d rate of 150k and sell to that new man @d rate of 185k...which I was scared of doing
He said he wld compensate me for the help. He linked me to his colleague (the claimed buyer) and to the supplier.
Then, he never told me I wld use my own money to collect sample from the supplier to show this claimed buyer
So when I got to that supplier he said his company will nt release any of the goods to me xcept I deposit half of the money
I called the guy who claimed to be my friend to inform him about it. Then he told me to pay that after the whole deal he wld compensate me...I fell maga...I quickly ran to the bank, on my way out of the bank behold see the supplier with one packet already...then I gave him the money for the product.
After I collected the sample, on my way to meet the person who claimed to be the buyer, who jst arrived at the airport, he also claimed. Then I called to knw whr to meet him, the next thing he told me was that he had left the airport for the bank whr he wld have to make the transaction. As if that was not enough for me to soji myself...I decided to look for a place to rest, after which I received a call from the claimed supplier who asked if I wanted 'Xpress delivery=300k, or 24hrs delivery=100k. Then I called this guy who claimed to know me, whom I thought I was helping, to tell him about it and seek for his opinion. The next thing he said was that, we cannot afford to waste time that it shld be xpress delivery. Then I called the supplier to tell him so. I began to fidget, he still calm my nerves with his charming worlds 'don't worry I promise everything will go well by God's grace'. He said I should find way to settle the money, that's the only way the goods can be delivered and the money transferred. He asked me how much I had with me. I told him 100k he said he would complete the money with 200k. He said I shld go ahead and make the transfer immediately which I did. Then I called this guy to knw if he had balanced the money, he told me he was yet to. There I knew I had entered into a wrong hand. By this I have added the number of those who fell for this scam trick...and my advice to you now is 'be careful'. Do not act a desperado looking for job or a means. Be wise...

Below is the so called Vibration Power Booster 1.8 they said I would have to deposit 50,000 for to show my interest and before I can be allowed to go show the scam buyer.

Claimed name of the so called Friend that works for MTN as he claimed too and his Phone No.: Mike (08181196593)

Claimed name of the so called Colleague and Buyer and Phone No.: Dr. Godwin Onoja (08028132406)

Claimed name of the Supplier and his phone number: Elder David Omah (08156106488)

The claimed Accountant in the MTN office to transfer the money for the product: Comrade Martin Lume (08135872537)

My friends, beware of these people, beware of 419s.

1 Share

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by horla86: 8:13am On Jun 22, 2016
Just yesterday one m Williams say he knows me from ipaja,where I sell cars,and used the same scam,that I shoul call one Mr Felix n Dr jasper,Dr jasper n I spoke this morning felt it was real until they said I need to buy a carton as sample for them,that I can deposit 50k,that was when I got a red alert that they r scammers....
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by chyegems(f): 9:05pm On Jun 26, 2016
I got a call around 9 am on Friday and one male voice, called me by both my first and middle name( probably to drive home d point he knows me too well) but that was d red alert I needed. Because I never make use of that middle name except on my CV..I don't even introduce myself by it. It has always bn my first name. So he continued,speaking igbo but I will write the conversation in English.

Voice: hello chi*** Oge*****( called with 08185260816)

Me: hello..good morning

Voice: how are u? Are u still on bed,nawa ooo,long time. I mazikwara mma?( hope u are still beautiful) U no dey call me or even flash. Na so u dey forget person? (Very jovial)

Me: *stutters* thinking it was someone I really knew. I had to lie at this point..I am sorry ooo,I lost my fon and I was hoping u would call me one day so that I save it again ( still trying to know if I will detect caller with voice cos because of the lie,i could even ask what his name is again)

Voice: i for say! unlike u..it's okay...when did u lose ur phone?

Me: last month

Voice: I hope u ve gotten work now? The last time we saw u told me u were looking for a job

Me: no official job yet but I am managing a small side hustle.

Voice: okay...well,I was transferred frm nnpc depot ejigbo to pH and there is this small contract that my company is giving out but as d head of my unit,i want to give it to my own person.The issue is, I don't know if u can do contract work seeing that u behave like ogbolo atimes.

Me: who says I can't I can ooo...what is it all abt?

Voice: okay,bring pen and paper and take down this details. The thing is,my company always buy this product called standard chrome. Have u brought d pen and paper? Oya write it down.. I will give u d name of the sales man in the company that the former contractor buys frm. The name of the company is bentex engineering company( he went ahead to spell it) they are at Sango and iyana ipaja. The sales managers name is Pastor David Oma. Product is standard chrome. Ask him if he has model FNP 1.8amhs. Call him on 09096691164. Ask him if they ve up to 70 packs. If u are lucky and they ve,then,chi just know that God has buttered our bread. We share the proceeds on 40-60%. They used to sell 150k...and u can do the supply at 190k and make profit. Let's just hope the price has not gone overboard so we gain more.

Me: making a mental calculation of how much I will make even though one tiny voice is still warning me.

Man: oya call d sales man now now now...hope u still remember my name.

Me: at this point,I thanked God he brought it up and i said No.

Voice: nawa ooo...it's Engr Mike naa. Women and forgetfulness..okay ooo. Just call him now.

Me: okay. And typical of me to research any company in this my job search era,I decided to Google this company sef before calling. Lo and behold,d very first input and Almighty Google took me to this page. And I was shouting while reading through people's encounter. I was still reading when 'engr' mike called me again to know whether I ve called the 'sales manager' and I said no. What are u waiting for? Pls call fast let's seal this deal. Now I already know d drill for sure but because I had enough crd frm glo bumpa bonus,I decided to have a good laugh by calling d number.

Me: calls number and here it goes...hello

Pastor Omar: hello.(voice like a dog that has not eaten in 2days)

Me: is that pastor Omar?( trying to stiffle laughter)

P..O: yes,I am d one,how can I help u.

Me: pls I want to make inquiries...do u have bla bla bla (refer above)

P.O. Yes we have it. What model?

Me: model bla bla bla(refer up)?

P.O: yes,we have it..how many do u want and are u coming over today? (Making emphasis on today. They can't wait to lay hands on d money they will ask me to pay for sample..*laughing in chinko*)

Me: how much is it sir and do u have up to 70 packets?

P.O: it used to be 150k but now 165k cos of the change era. We ve up to 70 and even more.Are u coning today? Here is ur booking number in case:BN 1221( or something...I couldn't be bothered )

Me: okay,will get back to u. Then I called d so called engr

E.M..chi,how far? Were u able to talk to him? What did he say

Me: he said bla bla bla (refer above) I was already laughing hysterically now.

E.M: nne,why are u laughing

Me:so u this idiot looked for whom to scam, na me u decide to call up

E.M: sounding jittery at this point..it's not scam my dear.. who told u its scam? Don't u remember me..I was only trying to help.

Me: starts raining curses on him and his generation both in igbo language and English. At this point he reached for the red button and d line goes dead. I called back to continue heaping abuses,he picked and cut off once he heard my curses.

End of encounter.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by labbabe: 3:37pm On Jun 29, 2016
Pls i have just be scammed 100k which i borrowed.. how do we track dem down pls... im really pained
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by walex084(m): 11:45am On Jul 06, 2016
I received a call from this guy on monday morning who goes by the name Engr Adewale Johnson<phone no 08123469580> and he said the last time we met I told him if any opportunuty comes his way that he should get in touch with me. Ok I was trying to recollect when he gained my attention fully. So he said he will sent a text to me and that I should act on it and his given instructions. The sms is below:

Transmision Company of Nigeria No 156 Ipaja Road Ayobo by Nepa Bus Stop. The material name is B. Connector model SP 1.8 .The Store manager name is John Amadi<phone no 08189525335>.

He further told me that one honourable Balla Mohammed <phone no 08127929157> is in Sheraton Hotel that needs the materials.The store manager told me a packet is sold for 155000 and I told him to book me and he gave me a booking no B 0045 for 50 packets. I called the honourable and told him the details and after negotiation on phone with him, he said he will pay 230 that he needed to see a sample so io called engr adewale johnson that john amadi says I have to make full payment before he can give me a sample and he insisted I begged him seriously to give me the sample with whatever money I have in my account. I told him I will look for money and he kept hurrying me up to get the money fast to seal the deal but i told people around me and they said they are 419 and he called back and i told him i was having difficulty trying to get the money and he dropped the call. I came to do background check of those numbers and i got a link directing me to naiarland. I called engr adewale Johnson this morning from another phone he picked it and was silent and i asked if am on with engr adewale johnson and he just said speak on and it told him immediately he should answer yes or no before saying speak on. I thrashed him immediately. After am done with engr adewale johnson i called john amadi the store keeper at TCN and i greeted him well and asked if he knows anybody by the name engr adewale johnson which he replied that he didnt immediately i lambasted him. If anyone tries the line the no of engr adewale johnson is active likewise john amadi except that of the so called Hon bala Mohammed. Pls let us beware of this crooks.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by ayowalerock(m): 8:46am On Jul 07, 2016
They just started with me yesterday. I knew it was all a scam when I saw the sms. I'm thinking of how I can play along and apprehend the idiots.

Who shares a 4.9m profit deal with someone you ain't close to? Don't they have families or close friends that can benefit from such? Who discusses such deal on phone without a meeting? Who recommended me or how did they know if I do supplies or not?

I can go on and on to ask questions but here's my candid opinion :

Whoever falls for such is stupid!!!
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by ayowalerock(m): 8:52am On Jul 07, 2016
They just started with me yesterday. I knew it was all a scam when I saw the sms. I'm thinking of how I can play along and apprehend the idiots.

Who shares a 4.9m profit deal with someone you ain't close to? Don't they have families or close friends that can benefit from such? Who discusses such deal on phone without a meeting? Who recommended me or how did they know if I do supplies or not?

I can go on and on to ask questions but here's my candid opinion :

Whoever falls for such is stupid!!!
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Luke99ng: 12:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
I was called too some minutes ago. He called me made mention of my name, address and all my infos. said we meet at a Lekki. He later introduce himself as Emmanuel(09082111260), also said he relocated from Lagos to Niger state, from one power company called transmission network of Nigeria. He said he wanted me to assist him in a supply of a machine called power indicator model s.p.n 1.8 at a price of 220k but he told the company d machine cost 300. He then gave me another man contact named Elder Gabriel(0809652
6972) whom am to supply the goods to at ipaja ayobo. first I Google the machine to know how it looks like for it to cost such amount. then I found this page. thank u oooh.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Luke99ng: 12:13pm On Jul 08, 2016
I was called too. He called me made mention of my name, address and all my infos. said we meet at a Lekki. He later introduce himself as Emmanuel(09082111260), also said he relocated from Lagos to Niger state, from one power company called transmission network of Nigeria. He said he wanted me to assist him in a supply of a machine called power indicator model s.p.n 1.8 at a price of 220k but he told the company d machine cost 300. He then gave me another man contact named Elder Gabriel(0809652
6972) whom am to supply the goods to at ipaja ayobo. first I Google the machine to know how it looks like for it to cost such amount. then I found this page. thank u oooh.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by mizzvee(f): 2:08pm On Jul 14, 2016
They are at it again. They will meet their water loo.
Too bad my friend already sent 50k. It's sad but wat can he do? Why haven't this culprits be found? Same Mike and elder David.

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by cheeeechii: 11:45am On Aug 15, 2016
This morning, Monday, August 15, 2016, I got a call from An Engr. Patrick Nwachukwu. He aid he knew me from when I applied for an NNPC Job in Abuja (I never went to Abuja for that application because I discovered on Nairaland that it was a scam too. I also don't remember ever meeting him).

I knew something was off but I decided to play along. He asked me if I was in Lagos and that here was a supply and purchase consultancy job he wanted me to carry out in Lagos. He said he didn't trust any one but me. He told me that I should call him back in three minutes and he will tell me everything I should know about it.

When i called him back, he told me that he works for the Energy Commission in Yenegoa Bayelsa state. He said I will be the middle man for the purchase of Solar Energy Lights, (which he later referred to as Solar Energy Rings). He said the actual price is N250,000 for one pack but that N350,000 for a pack has been released so we stand to gain 100,000 on each pack. He said that I will Purchase 75 packs on his behalf. That I should call a Pastor David Amadi on 08156146488, who is the first manager of TRANSMISSION COMPANY OF NIGEIA, IPAJA, befor Deeper Life Church. and that I should say that i'm an independent contractor who wants to buy 75 packs of Solar Panel Rings, Model SPN 1.8.

He said that I should tell him that I want to find out how much if the Solar Rings cost N250,000, also that I should tell them to secure he packs as I will come at anytime to pay and collected them. He told me to call him back once I have spoken to him so that he will wire the money to my account, after which I will pay for the packs then wire fifty percent of the profit back to him.

He said he is doing this for me because I am his sister since we are from the same place (I dunno how he Knew where I am from. These scammers sha!) He then went ahead to say that he loves me. That's when I really got tired of the conversation and ended it. He has been trying to reach me since then but i've blocked his number. Not befor sending him a stinker message though. Its a pity this is what we are coming to in Nigeria. So sad.

I just though to add my story to the many i have seen here today and a big thanks to Nairaland for helping to give Nigerians a a voice.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Gabrielo07: 10:04am On Aug 23, 2016
I never Knew this has been happening for years, mine just happened last thursday 18/08/2016 this day i received a call from a guy named TEMITOPE JOHNSON works at NEPA he mentioned my name and my surname he even mentioned my former place of work saying that was where we met that i told him i am searching for job, truly i used to tell people that i need a job not necessary the job should be my field so far is not stealing and it will brings money that i will do. so when this guy called me i said i cant remember him because am not using my phone he said i have once told him that if there is any job he should call me, he said he has been transfered to niger state working on a project for NIPP they needed some materials that will i be able to supply it?that am not going to use my money for it. the man that won the contract has been looking for the materials he didnt see but he(johnson)knows a place in iyana ipaja where they sell it that i should help him that we will share the profit 40 for me 60 for him that was how the whole thing started. he sent a message which reads exactly how he sent it: CONFARM THE AVALABILITY OF POWER INDICATOR RING MODEL NO SPN 1.8 AND THERE CURRENT PRICE FROM BENTEX NIGERIA PLC STORE MANAGER PASTOR DAVID AMADI 07082895139. he said i should act like the distributor the man buying it is ALHAJI MUSTAPHA BELLO 08127929157 now in Lagos sheraton hotel when i called the pastor to confirm he said the amount is 220k per pckt and we need 100pckt then i called the buyer the alhaji we concluded to 330 according to the man(johnson)that called me the additional 100k on each will be ours. the buyer ask me to come to sheraton hotel with a sample of the product, the pastor said i will need to pay for it i told johnson he said where he was he cannot go out that i should raise some money to get the product and show to alhaji and we will go to the bank and transfer the money into my account, this is where my curiosity to get job and start making money has led me i was able to raise 40k not on my own but through someone i went to ayobo ipaja there were delays on the road even before i could get the money before i get there the man said he has closed that i should come to command last bus stop ishould walk down that he will meet me i saw him he didnt know i was the one i didnt know him too eventually we met i gave him the money and he gave me the product it was getting dark this time alhaji called me again that he is waiting for me i told him i was on my way then shortly he sent a text that reads COMRADE ADAMS 09093604771 alhaji called me back saying the name and number he sent was for his account officer that he is on his way to banana island to book his arrival ticket that i should call comrade adams and arrange with him he is the one that will pay all the money i called him he said he has closed i should call him the 2nd day which is on friday. Friday morning mr johnson called me asking me how far? then on my way out alhaji too called me i said i will get back to him i called commrade adams he asked me some questions which i answered then later ask me to send my importation code i had to the pastor he said the code will come from abuja that i want it immediately i will have to pay 155k and 85k for one month till this time am sending this text we are still on it and the material is still with me please advice me on what to do. BEWARE OF HOW AND WHERE WE SEND OUR CVs AND DO NOT BE TOO CURIOS TO GET A JOB
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Jimbaz7(m): 12:35pm On Sep 01, 2016
comradejonesy:
Dear All,
One called me this morning with this mobile no 08032753728 and told me he's offshore now, that he would want me to do a supply of what he called "POWER CORK " with model no: WHW10A, 70 packets needed @ Bayelsa for REHABILITATION BY NDDC. He also said a pkt is been sold for
N210,000 we'll sell it @ N280,000. He gave me this no 07068680728 to call Evangelist Francis Ihuoma, who he says is the sales engineer at BENTEX ENGINEERIG, IYANA IPAJA. He also said one Madam was coming to Lagos in a flight to meet me & she will pay the money into my account after which we'll share the profit 40:60.

PLEASE BEWARE OF THESE SCAMMERS.
grin grin grin grin
Someone just called, mentioned my name, street, etc telling me that he has a contract he'll like me to handle.
He said his name is Emmanuel with this number 09086245188 but with my CallApp, the number showed Hon Lume. He said he works for Etisalat and they have need for Drilling Oil Rings Model S. P. N. 1.8 which they use for work at their Base Stations. He has one Dr Bello who is to supply 50 cartons at the rate of #370000 each but the actual price is #310000. So he wants to give Dr Bello my contact that I should poss as the importer. When Dr Bello pays for the 50 cartons, I'll then buy from Bentex Engineering Company at Ipaja. He gave the name of the manager at Bentex Engineering Company as Mr John with phone number 09096857389.
He promised that when we're done with the business we'll split the profit 40% for me and 60%for him. He also said he's linking me up to the business because he has known me as a sincere person when he was staying at the same area with me. I'm still playing along with them to run their call credit but it seems they've sensed what I'm doing already as the calls has reduced
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by MaxelSilva(m): 1:51pm On Sep 02, 2016
Chai..Dis people nearly nack me of 150k
today...thankGod i googled d Power Indicator rings!
Ndi Ara..Awon werey..GOD bless nairaland oo..
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by lagabriella: 12:49pm On Nov 04, 2016
Thanks for the thread, i just the same call.....the rest is history
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by miksonics(m): 12:49pm On Nov 20, 2016
Same happened to my friend today
Sales manager pastor basset 08126936693
50packets at transmission company of Nigeria ipaja lagos
Account name Ajani Olalekan Paul GTBank bank no 0228995404

Thank God he asked what it is I check google and this page came up.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Iphie71(f): 11:43am On Dec 21, 2016
ok can somebody tell me how to go abt it cos its happenig to me right now...the person is even still calling me....
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by donfidel(m): 2:05pm On Jan 09, 2017
I'm actually going through this right now. I received a call from one engr Tony (09058164540) who claims to know me from my former area when he was a PHCN staff and he really sounded convincing.
Anyway, it was the same scope, that he was in a village somewhere close to Abuja working on an NIPP project and he needs me to act as a middleman in the procurement of one material standard model no. 1.8 from Suntex Engineering Company through their sales manager by the name of elder Osegie on 09058296620.
That the profit to be made was =N=5m to be shared 30/70. I already knew it was a scam so I quickly searched Suntex on Google and came up with this thread.

Boys are seriously vexing.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Beelad(f): 11:44am On Jan 16, 2017
I got called this morning by one Engr. Samuel (07031198570) that i told him i needed a job and he should inform me if something comes up. So he got this contract and since he doesn't work in lagos again ( he said he's now in Niger), he wants to give me the job and we'll share the profit (50-50). He said I'm to supply Powercock SN 1.8 at 300k per box tho the actual price is 200k per box. I should call Elder David Osili at Ipaja Ayobo to ask for the price and if he has up to 100cartons. I had to ask where he said i know him from cause I could smell scam. Then he said "nawa o! So out of sight is really out of mind and you dint even save my number ". This nigga gave me a bit of my life history (he could have only gotten that on my CV) He even said he already used his airtime to speak with the contractors that I should call him back. I even thought he would beg for airtime at this point.
I called him back and he said i should call the Elder David then call him back and he hopes i get lucky.
I just dropped the call and later thought to even browse what power cork is then this page came up so i thought to drop my story too so Others can learn.
If only these scammers could get apprehended.
People should always research well and be careful in whatever they are venturing in to avoid being scammed. Nothing good comes that easy, why will someone you don't know offer you a huge profit based on trust. I doubt if miracles happen this way.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Henryxm: 11:20am On Jan 17, 2017
Same Mike duru called me and he claimed he went the same Aviation school I went, it was so real,. What I wasted was my credit tho for calling his scam members.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by Rightthumb: 9:19am On Mar 30, 2017
They Still exist. Just got their call this morning on this number 09098567001.

They might be using other numbers as well though.

I hope they're reading this undecided undecided
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by vivavee: 6:59pm On May 04, 2017
I got a call today from these same crew, same address and same names
Stella, Charles, Ayobo office location.
Re: Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... by timtess2003: 2:21pm On May 11, 2017
this people are still on and very active, i almost got into them today talking about tractor indicator ring spl 1.8. claimed caller who has got my profile is David Olaniyan 08176216724, the claimed Elder Adekunle who is incharge of the ware house in lagos 09086298751 [this man claimed to have got 250 packs of it], the claimed Buyer is Chief Dr Obanigo 09098364514 [buyer of the product] expected me to pay into 3113976543 Effion Elizabeth Ekaete (First Bank). God will punish you people.THIEFFFF OLE cool cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man In G-Wagon Gives Money To Boys Selling Firewood Ahead Of Christmas / Nigerian Women Vs Ethiopian Women / Donors To Victims Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire Receive Death Threats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.