Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) (13216 Views)

25 Born-Again Christians Return WAEC Certificates / The Wrath Of God: Discussion About Hell - Strictly Christians Only / Divorce Rates Amongst Born-again Christians Compared To Other Groups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by cyrexx: 7:08pm On Jan 07, 2013
@Ishilove

You have not finished your testimony, Princess of the Lord, we are all ears

cool
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by MrAnony1(m): 7:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
Ishilove:
I'm actually more beautiful than Fiona. grin. The beauty of the Lord grin
When? at sunrise or at sunset?

1 Like

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by esere826: 7:27pm On Jan 07, 2013
@ishilove

which kaine thing be this....

Your mama hear voice for am to enter eastern religion path
you kukuma hear voice to enter christianity
I wonder wetin u daugther go hear

umhhhhh.....
just musing
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Ishilove: 7:56pm On Jan 07, 2013
obadiah777: MAKE I DROP STORY TOO O JARE grin . WELL ME MYSELF I HAVE DRIFTED IN AND OUT OF CHRISTIANITY THE RELIGION SINCE I WAS BROUGHT FROM ENGLAND TO A BOARDING SCHOOL IN NAIJA. IN THE BOARDING SCHOOL I GOT INTRODUCED TO DEEPER LIFE. HOWEVER IT DID NOT STICK. I JUST DID IT CUZ OF FEAR OF HELL FIRE. DRIFTED OUT OF IT. WENT TO CHURCH A FEW TIMES WITH THE FAMILY. THEN LEFT NAIJA AND THAT WAS THE END OF RELIGION FOR A LONG TIME. SO FOR ME I KNEW THERE WAS A REASON WHY THE WORLD WWAS TILTED TOWARDS THE CAUCASIANS AND AWAY FROM BLACK FOLK. THERE HAS TO BE SOME SPIRITUAL REASON BEHIND IT. WAS THE BLACK MAN CREATED INFERIOR AND THE WHITE MAN SUPERIOR ? WHY DO THEY HAVE ALL THE WEALTH AND WE ARE SUFFERING ? WHY IS IT THAT WHEN I GO TO FOREIGN COUNTRIES ALL THE WHITE PEOPLE GET PAST IMMIGRATION WITHOUT ANY FUSS BUT AS SOON AS THE BLACK MAN SHOWS UP, NA WAHALA. QUESTION UPON QUESTION. SEARCH UPON SEARCH. SO I DABBLED IN THE BLACK POWER MOVEMENT AND THEN FROM BEING IN THE CONSCIOUS COMMUNITY I RAN INTO REAL PROPHETS OF THE LORD WHO ACTUALLY SPOKE HEBREW AND GREEK. AND THEN UNDER THEIR TUTELAGE I LEARNT WHAT THE BIBLE IS REALLY ABOUT. HOW TO STUDY IT. I LEARNT THE DEUTERONOMY CURSES. AND THATS WHEN I KNEW THE LORD HAD PUT ME IN THE TRUTH. WITH CHRISTIANITY ITS LIKE READING A STORY BOOK WHEN YOU READ THE BIBLE. IT DOES NOT JUXTAPOSE AND ALIGN WITH THE REAL WORLD. HOWEVER IN THE TRUTH, YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO SEE THE WORLD IN THE BIBLE BECAUSE THE BIBLE IS WRITTEN ABOUT THE WORLD. IF YOU CANT SEE THE WORLD YOU LIVE IN IN THE BIBLE, THEN YOU ARE NOT READING IT CORRECTLY. YOU HAVE TO SEE THE WORLD HISTORY IN IT. AND WHY THE WORLD IS THE WAY IT IS. AND THE BIBLICAL NAMES OF THE PEOPLE YOU SEE IN THE WORLD TODAY. ONCE I GOT ALL THAT KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING, I BECAME HOOKED. AND NOW I AM INSEPARABLE FROM THAT KJV. AND THATS HOW I GOT IN THE TRUTH. wink
Must you write in all caps?? It hurts the eyes!!! angry

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Ishilove: 8:00pm On Jan 07, 2013
esere826: @ishilove

which kaine thing be this....

Your mama hear voice for am to enter eastern religion path
you kukuma hear voice to enter christianity
I wonder wetin u daugther go hear

umhhhhh.....
just musing
My daughter go hear voice enter Islam. Lol. grin

Jokes aside. Mum is now a Christian warrior so its all ancient history now. smiley
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 07, 2013
Ishilove:
Let shouting dogs CAP...

1 Like

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Ishilove: 8:17pm On Jan 07, 2013
Mr_Anony:
When? at sunrise or at sunset?
24hrs a day grin
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Ishilove: 8:27pm On Jan 07, 2013
cyrexx: @Ishilove

You have not finished your testimony, Princess of the Lord, we are all ears

cool
Actually I have... undecided
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by benjini(m): 9:46pm On Jan 07, 2013
it's all been wonderful y'all
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by alexleo(m): 10:45pm On Jan 07, 2013
JimloveTM: God bless you all. Am really inspired.
@Rhowly, @Davidylan, and @Alexleo, i have uploaded your testimonies to Salvation section in http://testifyaloud.com to help Christians across the world grow.

No problem dear.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 07, 2013
LWKMD,buzugee has been to deeper life...na wa oh...but come o,obadiah/buzugee,all these strange things u say about black jews,kjv bible n blah,are u really serious about them?

1 Like

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 07, 2013
Beretta92: LWKMD,buzugee has been to deeper life...na wa oh...but come o,obadiah/buzugee,all these strange things u say about black jews,kjv bible n blah,are u really serious about them?
Lololol. Me too.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by alexleo(m): 11:48pm On Jan 07, 2013
@frosbel,
Your testimony is good but let me mention that presently in Apostolic Faith church, seeking for medical attention is no more viewed in bad light as it was in those days. Yet divine healing teachings are still being preached but this time around not using medical attention as benchmark to measure who has faith and who has not. Wherever you are worshiping, just keep close to Jesus all the way till you reach heaven. Amen. Thanks dear.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 07, 2013
alexleo: @frosbel,
Your testimony is good but let me mention that presently in Apostolic Faith church, seeking for medical is no more viewed in bad light as it was in those days. Yet divine healing teachings are still being preached but this time around not using medical attention as benchmark to measure who has faith and who has not. Wherever you are worshiping, just keep close to Jesus all the way till you reach heaven. Amen. Thanks dear.

Thanks.

I still hold apostolic faith very dear to my heart as I got born again there, in fact I read the light of hope when possible and visit their web site for devotions. I have no problems attending their special services etc.

No matter what views I hold , the most important thing is that no man will see God without holiness , we are all striving unto perfection and to avoid sin by the grace of God , while teaching others the same.

Ah , lest I forget, they never harassed us for money, no screaming for money, just pay your tithes and offerings at the back , but no one watched or kept track of who or who did not pay.

Thanks,

1 Like

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Goshen360(m): 12:01am On Jan 08, 2013
Mine is a crazy story but I will share when I have enough time (can't type long epistle for now). Una go laugh tire and then thank God for me.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 12:36am On Jan 08, 2013
All true Christian ministries should always point to Christ , not back to them , their church or their leaders special anointing.

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Image123(m): 8:40am On Jan 08, 2013
Very Sorry to crash-end this party, we are all enjoying it BTW. But with the way things are going, logicboy would soon share his testimony of how he also saw the light, and whatever nonsense again. My point is are we truly born again, saved by grace. What are we saved from? ARE WE SAVED FROM SIN? Because that is the first promise in the new covenant, that He will save us from sin. Are we still under the claws and jaws of sin and satan? If any man be in Christ, if any man be born again, he is under grace. He is not expected to still be operating under the law of sin and death, but under grace.
Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Sin shall not have dominion BECAUSE you are under grace. This is the purpose of the new testament. In the old testament, they also had forgiveness of sins, so being born again is not just about forgiveness of sins. Its not primarily about healing either.
Psa 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Psa 103:3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

i know we all have our different theologies, and i respect that, especially when we are not forcing it into others on a public forum like here. But theology doesn't save anybody. It doesn't make anyone born again. Being born again is the core of the new covenant. It is the grace and truth that came through Jesus Christ. That we should live a godly life in this present world.
Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Titus 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Sin shall not have dominion over you because you are not under the law but under grace. The question to be asked each person is are you under the law or under grace. If sin still has dominion over you, you are under the law. And vice versa. i don't intend to go on in a sermon, but please. Bother to ask yourself this pertinent question, am i under the law or under grace? Does sin still have dominion over me?
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by ATMC(f): 9:24am On Jan 08, 2013
@obadiah i've been waiting for your story! I like this statement of yours...'if you aint seeing d world you live in d bible then you aint reading it correctly'.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by ATMC(f): 9:25am On Jan 08, 2013
Bro goshen, i await yours. @Inurmind, i wanna hear yours even logicbobo's grin
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 08, 2013
Image123: Very Sorry to crash-end this party, we are all enjoying it BTW. But with the way things are going, logicboy would soon share his testimony of how he also saw the light, and whatever nonsense again. My point is are we truly born again, saved by grace. What are we saved from? ARE WE SAVED FROM SIN? Because that is the first promise in the new covenant, that He will save us from sin. Are we still under the claws and jaws of sin and satan? If any man be in Christ, if any man be born again, he is under grace. He is not expected to still be operating under the law of sin and death, but under grace.
Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Sin shall not have dominion BECAUSE you are under grace. This is the purpose of the new testament. In the old testament, they also had forgiveness of sins, so being born again is not just about forgiveness of sins. Its not primarily about healing either.

i know we all have our different theologies, and i respect that, especially when we are not forcing it into others on a public forum like here. But theology doesn't save anybody. It doesn't make anyone born again. Being born again is the core of the new covenant. It is the grace and truth that came through Jesus Christ. That we should live a godly life in this present world.
Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Titus 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Sin shall not have dominion over you because you are not under the law but under grace. The question to be asked each person is are you under the law or under grace. If sin still has dominion over you, you are under the law. And vice versa. i don't intend to go on in a sermon, but please. Bother to ask yourself this pertinent question, am i under the law or under grace? Does sin still have dominion over me?

What are you on about !

How is this related to the thread.

How did you become born again , let us hear !

1 Like

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by rhowly(m): 10:25am On Jan 08, 2013
Ishilove: I continued in the way of the path because I felt there was no other options for me to choose from.

Life, in the meantime was tough. I was buffeted by trials, challenges and temptations. Eventually, I realised that the path wasn't giving me the answers I sought. I just didn't understand it anymore. I was only going through the motions because I was born into it, not because of any great revelation like my mother had had. The last time I was at our centre in 2003, I knelt down before our leader and vowed to him that I would never leave the religion. Our leader had simply looked into my soul, smiled gently and said, "You will".

And leave I did.

I started attending church because I had nowhere to turn to. There is this particular church programme I attended which hosted by a very popular church in Ijesa. I stood for 6hrs straight because there was no place to sit down. When I got home, I wondered where the heck I got the energy from, but I still wasn't satisfied or fulfilled. One night, after a gangster three hour prayer session alone, I sat down on my bed and started weeping. I was so frustrated, tired of the challenges and temptations and was just plain fed up with life. Suddenly, in the midst of my tears, I heard the sweetest,calmest, quiet and the most beautiful voice in the creation. The voice said to me,

"Why are you crying, my child? Fear not, I am with you...".

My tears dried instantly. I looked round the room to ensure I was alone. I was.

"Lord, is that you?", I asked. No answer. However, deep down in my heart I knew that I had heard the voice of God for the first time in my life.

I felt like ice water had been poured on my soul. Days later, I was idly leafing through the bible (I hadn't yet learnt to read the bible) when I stumbled on the words I had heard in my spirit. That strenghtened my conviction and that same week, I answered an altar call in church and gave my life to Christ.

It hasn't been a journey with its challenges, but daily I beg for the grace to keep growing in the Lord in my walk with him.
Beautiful. Unusual but beautiful

1 Like

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 08, 2013
Ishilove:
IT IS MY THING HUN grin I CANT HELP ME. I AM ADDICTED embarassed
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 08, 2013
musKeeto:
Let shouting dogs CAP...
JAJAJAJAJAJA <<<< SPANISH LAUGHTER grin grin grin
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by rhowly(m): 11:00am On Jan 08, 2013
Image123: Very Sorry to crash-end this party, we are all enjoying it BTW. But with the way things are going, logicboy would soon share his testimony of how he also saw the light, and whatever nonsense again. My point is are we truly born again, saved by grace. What are we saved from? ARE WE SAVED FROM SIN? Because that is the first promise in the new covenant, that He will save us from sin. Are we still under the claws and jaws of sin and satan? If any man be in Christ, if any man be born again, he is under grace. He is not expected to still be operating under the law of sin and death, but under grace.

As undeniably important as the comment you made is,it truly can ruin a beautiful thing. Lets just learn what we may from the testimonies and drop nuggets of wisdom much later or we'd rue our loss at what would have been a beautiful and civilized thread
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 08, 2013
Beretta92: LWKMD,buzugee has been to deeper life...na wa oh...but come o,obadiah/buzugee,all these strange things u say about black jews,kjv bible n blah,are u really serious about them?
YES OOOO. WHEN I WAS A BUDDING TEENAGER THEY SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME WITH SULPHUR AND BRIMSTONE FIRE BURNING FOREVER ETC ETC. I WAS TERRIFIED. I GAVE DEEPER LIFE MY BEST SHOT BUT IT JUST WASNT WORKING. MY MIND WAS MEANDERING AND WANDERING. I NEVER GOT DEDICATED. AM I SERIOUS ABOUT BLACK JEWS AND KJV BIBLE ?? AS A HEART ATTACK BRUV grin grin THE JEWS ARE BLACK. ITS IN THE BIBLE. HAVE YOU NEVER OPENED THAT PART OF THE BIBLE YET ? I CAN QUOTE YOU AT LEAST 10 VERSES TELLING YOU THE JEWS ARE BLACK tongue
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 08, 2013
Reyginus: Lololol. Me too.
REYGIE WAS THE USHER IN THE DEEPER LIFE CHURCH. grin grin grin
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 08, 2013
ATMC: @obadiah i've been waiting for your story! I like this statement of yours...'if you aint seeing d world you live in d bible then you aint reading it correctly'.
HEHE ATMC ITS TRUE NOW. DID YOU GET ALL THOSE YOUTUBE VIDEOS ? ABI YOU GET BANDWITH PROBLEM ?

YEAH WE ALL WANNA HEAR HOW SATAN TOOK LOGICBOYS MIND AFTER 23 YEARS OF PAPAL PIMPING undecided
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 08, 2013
obadiah777: REYGIE WAS THE USHER IN THE DEEPER LIFE CHURCH. grin grin grin

But I doubt you were a deeper life member , otherwise you will hold unto those crazy and totally unbiblical positions of yours , which are more inclined toward the black Hebrew Israelites line of thinking grin grin
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 08, 2013
BĂ©lla3: REALLY GREAT STORIES. VERY INSPIRATIONAL, ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE OF 'US' STILL 'STRUGGLING' TO GET ANSWERS.
HAPPY NEW YEAR BELLA3 wink
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 08, 2013
obadiah777: YES OOOO. WHEN I WAS A BUDDING TEENAGER THEY SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME WITH SULPHUR AND BRIMSTONE FIRE BURNING FOREVER ETC ETC. I WAS TERRIFIED. I GAVE DEEPER LIFE MY BEST SHOT BUT IT JUST WASNT WORKING. MY MIND WAS MEANDERING AND WANDERING. I NEVER GOT DEDICATED. AM I SERIOUS ABOUT BLACK JEWS AND KJV BIBLE ?? AS A HEART ATTACK BRUV grin grin THE JEWS ARE BLACK. ITS IN THE BIBLE. HAVE YOU NEVER OPENED THAT PART OF THE BIBLE YET ? I CAN QUOTE YOU AT LEAST 10 VERSES TELLING YOU THE JEWS ARE BLACK tongue
please quote am make i see.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 08, 2013
frosbel:

But I doubt you were a deeper life member , otherwise you will hold unto those crazy and totally unbiblical positions of yours , which are more inclined toward the black Hebrew Israelites line of thinking grin grin
BUT YOU DO ERR BROTHER FROSBEL. WHATS UNBIBLICAL IS YOU ASCRIBING SOUND DOCTRINE TO DEEPER LIFE. IN FACT THE DEEPER LIFE SECT IS A CULT OF SORTS. YOU DO ERR grin
AND ON A SIDE NOTE THE HEBREW ISRAELITES WERE BLACK. MAY I SUGEST YOU GET THIS BOOK >>>>
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Bella3(f): 11:18am On Jan 08, 2013
obadiah777: HAPPY NEW YEAR BELLA3 wink
HEY, THANKS. Happy new year too hope you'll stop drinking too much wine this yeargrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? / What Are The Words In The Bible That Scare You Most As A Christian? / Traditional Monotheism-The Yoruba example

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.