Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,675 members, 7,816,773 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) (13231 Views)

25 Born-Again Christians Return WAEC Certificates / The Wrath Of God: Discussion About Hell - Strictly Christians Only / Divorce Rates Amongst Born-again Christians Compared To Other Groups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 08, 2013
obadiah777: REYGIE WAS THE USHER IN THE DEEPER LIFE CHURCH. grin grin grin
Huh? What's up with your signature.:-O
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 08, 2013
Beretta92: please quote am make i see.
OK LETS SEE IF THE LORD IS WORKING WITH YOU. IF THE LORD IS WORKING WITH YOU, YOU WILL RECIEVE THESE VERSES. IF THE LORD IS NOT WORKING WITH YOU, YOU WILL REJECT THESE VERSES. IT MEANS YOU HAVE BEEN BLINDED ( ISAIAH 6 VS 9-10 ). LETS SEE IF YOU WILL HEAR OR FORBEAR. LETS SEE HOW RECEPTIVE YOU ARE TO SOUND DOCTRINE

SONG OF SOLOMON 1 VS 5 I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem <<< KING SOLOMON A RELATIVE OF JESUS

JOB 30 VS 30 My skin is black upon me <<<< JOB

LAMENTATIONS 4 VS 8 Their visage is blacker than a coal; they are not known in the streets: their skin cleaveth to their bones; it is withered, it is become like a stick. << DURING THE FAMINE OF THE BABYLONIAN CAPTIVITY. THE JEWS GOT SKINNY AND VERY BLACK. THIS IS THE TRIBE OF JUDAH OF WHICH CHRIST IS A MEMBER

JEREMIAH 14 VS 2 Judah mourneth, and the gates thereof languish; they are black unto the ground <<< TRIBE OF JUDAH, CHRISTS TRIBE, ARE BLACK UNTO THE GROUND

LAMENTATIONS 5 VS 10 Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine <<< JEWS DURING BABYLONIAN CAPTIVITY

REVELATION 1 VS 15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace <<< COLOR OF JESUS FEET. WHEN YOU BURN BRASS IN A FURNACE YOU GET DARK LIKE WESLEY SNIPES DARK. AND THERE YOU HAVE IT. SEE IF YOU CAN RECIEVE IT. LET ME NOT DERAIL THIS GOOD THREAD WITH MORE STUFF. BUT PONDER ON THOSE VERSES BRAH;
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 08, 2013
Reyginus: Huh? What's up with your signature.:-O
SCRIPTURE DO SAY 'RENDER UNTO CAESAR WHAT IS CAESARS'. I AM GIVING YOU YOUR JUST DUE >>>> THE KING OF THE PHARISEES. grin grin

1 Like

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 08, 2013
Bélla3: HEY, THANKS. Happy new year too hope you'll stop drinking too much wine this yeargrin
grin grin grin HEHE BELLA I THINK I MAY HAVE CURED THAT ADDICTION. I AM 4 DAYS CLEAN undecided
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 08, 2013
obadiah777: SCRIPTURE DO SAY 'RENDER UNTO CAESAR WHAT IS CAESARS'. I AM GIVING YOU YOUR JUST DUE >>>> THE KING OF THE PHARISEES. grin grin
SMH. These psychiatrists are not doing their job.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 08, 2013
Reyginus: SMH. These psychiatrists are not doing their job.
grin grin grin THERE IS DIGNITY IN MADNESS. I WEAR MY MADNESS WITH PRIDE HONOR AND DIGNITY tongue

1 Like

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Bella3(f): 11:49am On Jan 08, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin grin HEHE BELLA I THINK I MAY HAVE CURED THAT ADDICTION. I AM 4 DAYS CLEAN undecided
ahh. Thank God! Hope you maintain it.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 08, 2013
Bélla3: ahh. Thank God! Hope you maintain it.
YOU TALKING LIKE I HAVE A COCCAINE ADDICTION grin grin grin SCRIPTURE DO SAY WINE GLADDENS THE HEART. IN FACT LET ME MAKE A CASE FOR WINE

ECCLESIASTES 1 VS 18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. <<< SORROW IN KNOWLEDGE

PROVERBS 31 VS 6 Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts <<< WINE TO HEAVY HEART

PSALMS 104 VS 15 wine that gladdens the heart of man <<< YOUR RELIEF FROM SORROW OF TOO MUCH KNOWLEDGE tongue

HOWEVER ALL THAT DONT APPLY TO ME. I AINT IN SORROW. LOL
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Bella3(f): 12:00pm On Jan 08, 2013
obadiah777: YOU TALKING LIKE I HAVE A COCCAINE ADDICTION grin grin grin SCRIPTURE DO SAY WINE GLADDENS THE HEART. IN FACT LET ME MAKE A CASE FOR WINE

ECCLESIASTES 1 VS 18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. <<< SORROW IN KNOWLEDGE

PROVERBS 31 VS 6 Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts <<< WINE TO HEAVY HEART

PSALMS 104 VS 15 wine that gladdens the heart of man <<< YOUR RELIEF FROM SORROW OF TOO MUCH KNOWLEDGE tongue

HOWEVER ALL THAT DONT APPLY TO ME. I AINT IN SORROW. LOL
ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE NT DRUNK, AGAIN?grin You sound......'wasted'?grin

1 Like

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 08, 2013
It was my first year at university, the session was barely two weeks old, when the most Awesome experience that I have had in my life happened.
At this time I wasn’t born again, so I was busy been pretty in sin. Like it was the norm for me those days, on this said night at about 10pm, I just came back from a joint where I go to perpetuate some evil activities, which was addictively domestic to me. Just as I sat down alone outside my house reminiscing how the next day at campus was going to be, I heard audibly the most soul convicting voice. It was the voice of GOD .He said to me and I quote “WHY DO YOU WANT TO DESTROY YOUR LIFE”. There and then I felt dirty and my conscience almost exploded; for my whole life passed before me in a flash and I was judge, guilty as sin. Instantly in a reflex action I was on my knees, begging for mercy and His forgiveness. It looked as though I was speaking to the air, explaining how I was going to change. When I discovered that He wasn’t speaking to me anymore I crawled into my room to sleep. For it was like I have just seen a ghost, yes of course, the Holy Ghost.
I promised my self church that Sunday, but didn’t go. Wittily I concluded in convincing myself that it was just my mind playing tricks on me. Cutting the long story short, I didn’t repent till the end of the next year, after I had come to a crossroad; I was falsely accused and almost shot, only for the intervention of GOD was I rescued. I cried with my whole heart back to God and repented knee bent in my room, accepting Jesus Christ as my Lord and personal savior. God forgave me and accepted me into His beloved.
Friend, many a times we feel the storms of life have driven us to the rocks, but in actual sense they have driven us to the desired Heaven. This is how my life actually started and I became a living soul. Amen

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by alexleo(m): 12:41pm On Jan 08, 2013
ATMC: Bro goshen, i await yours. @Inurmind, i wanna hear yours even logicbobo's grin

Did you read the topic? How i got born-again( for christians only). Pls keep it at that. Or better still, you can create your own thread for whosoever will. Thanks.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by alexleo(m): 12:59pm On Jan 08, 2013
Lets keep the testimonies flowing. We learn from it too. We ve been doing a lot of preaching, teaching and arguments. This is testimony time bros. Give us your own. God bless you. Amen.
Image123: Very Sorry to crash-end this party, we are all enjoying it BTW. But with the way things are going, logicboy would soon share his testimony of how he also saw the light, and whatever nonsense again. My point is are we truly born again, saved by grace. What are we saved from? ARE WE SAVED FROM SIN? Because that is the first promise in the new covenant, that He will save us from sin. Are we still under the claws and jaws of sin and satan? If any man be in Christ, if any man be born again, he is under grace. He is not expected to still be operating under the law of sin and death, but under grace.
Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Sin shall not have dominion BECAUSE you are under grace. This is the purpose of the new testament. In the old testament, they also had forgiveness of sins, so being born again is not just about forgiveness of sins. Its not primarily about healing either.
Psa 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Psa 103:3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

i know we all have our different theologies, and i respect that, especially when we are not forcing it into others on a public forum like here. But theology doesn't save anybody. It doesn't make anyone born again. Being born again is the core of the new covenant. It is the grace and truth that came through Jesus Christ. That we should live a godly life in this present world.
Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Titus 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Sin shall not have dominion over you because you are not under the law but under grace. The question to be asked each person is are you under the law or under grace. If sin still has dominion over you, you are under the law. And vice versa. i don't intend to go on in a sermon, but please. Bother to ask yourself this pertinent question, am i under the law or under grace? Does sin still have dominion over me?
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Ishilove: 1:57pm On Jan 08, 2013
frosbel:

What are you on about !

How is this related to the thread.

How did you become born again , let us hear !
Maybe he is high on garri... undecided

grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jan 08, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin grin THERE IS DIGNITY IN MADNESS. I WEAR MY MADNESS WITH PRIDE HONOR AND DIGNITY tongue
lol. Oh! I'm aware.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 08, 2013
alexleo:

He will last and make heaven at last by God's grace. Amen. He has tasted atheism and satanism and seen that God is the best. So what again.
This is what i keep saying that when you have a real personal encounter with God you ll never doubt his existence. This is quite different from answering a christian just because you were born into a family of christians and taken to church right from childhood. That one does not give you enough conviction about God.
trust moi, its more complicated than that, frm wat can b deduced frm ur story uv gt a searchn mind,a wanderer type of inquisition,u'll probably gt gt bored easily. Ur going through a phase jst lik u'v always done,n u soon move to the next,then come back to ur center,which probably atheism,cos it suits u. Bonus men spiritual,uv tasted satanism.ur nothing lyk achrist,der sum spiritual gifts n attachment tat comes wit bin a satanist,branded in ur soul,tat for example wen u try to meditate if nt careful u'll shift into a trance,dialog internall wit ur subconceious mind,thinking it the holy spirit,etc, ur vision u'll probable nt b able to tell if its frm God or ur own spirit mind or as a result of ur spiritual advancement.etc,in any case .ul come to ur center sooner or later. Usually derz sumtin ur lookn for.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
@ obadiah,pass me some of dat thing u're smoking...i wanna get high n see what u're seeing.that's some real weed utopia u're living in.i wanna catch a glimpse...yawashawashama!
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by alexleo(m): 6:39pm On Jan 08, 2013
goshap: trust moi, its more complicated than that, frm wat can b deduced frm ur story uv gt a searchn mind,a wanderer type of inquisition,u'll probably gt gt bored easily. Ur going through a phase jst lik u'v always done,n u soon move to the next,then come back to ur center,which probably atheism,cos it suits u. Bonus men spiritual,uv tasted satanism.ur nothing lyk achrist,der sum spiritual gifts n attachment tat comes wit bin a satanist,branded in ur soul,tat for example wen u try to meditate if nt careful u'll shift into a trance,dialog internall wit ur subconceious mind,thinking it the holy spirit,etc, ur vision u'll probable nt b able to tell if its frm God or ur own spirit mind or as a result of ur spiritual advancement.etc,in any case .ul come to ur center sooner or later. Usually derz sumtin ur lookn for.

Pls write in good and complete words for me to understand what you are saying. I couldnt make out anything from what you wrote. Am not cut out for all these cut and join form of writing that you people are using these days.

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Ishilove: 6:58pm On Jan 08, 2013
Beretta92: @ obadiah,pass me some of dat thing u're smoking...i wanna get high n see what u're seeing.that's some real weed utopia u're living in.i wanna catch a glimpse...yawashawashama!
I can't be sure what he's smoking, but I sure can tell you what he's drinking...

Look down.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 08, 2013
Ishilove:
I can't be sure what he's smoking, but I sure can tell you what he's drinking...

Look down.
Lolz. I think he combines the ijebu garri with marijuana.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Ishilove: 7:33pm On Jan 08, 2013
Reyginus: Lolz. I think he combines the ijebu garri with marijuana.
grin
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Goshen360(m): 8:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
Okay lemme spill my story today. Here is how it goes:

I was born in Aj City, popularly known as Ajegunle when my parents were still a tenant at the traditional ruler (Baale) of olodi Apapa. Before age 7 (not too sure now), I was taken to my uncle that was living at Amuwo Odofin Area in order to put me through in education because my parent weren't that too educated - They thought my uncle will look after my education properly. So I started living with my uncle even before I started kindergarten (popularly known as "j'ile o simi" in Yoruba language).

Went to primary school - Kuje Amuwo Primary school and later to Agboju Secondary School, Agboju Amuwo, Lagos State. In my secondary school day was when I became wild even though brilliant. I was introduced to many gangsters within the system and subsequently mingling with Area boys. Our gang grew so big to the degree that nothing is impossible for us. We had anything at our finger tip and we do whatever we desire at any given time.

At a time, I wanted to date a female teacher and when she refused, I organized my gang and we dealt with her. It was later found out and I was suspended from school and to bring my parent or guardian at resumption. This was at the time I was about to take my WAEC. Knowing that my uncle is a pastor, I can't go to school with my uncle; I had to organize my 'Area father' to come stand in for me and disguise as my guardian. So when he came to the school authorities, they told him everything and he was acting - slapping me for real like a discipline..... grin

I was involved in all kinds of satanic activities - charms, juju, consult herbalist etc and was very aggressive with females. Any girl wey no agree to date me then na bitting be her portion. Me and my gang go beat her reach her mama house.... cheesy. Well, make I no go beyond this point. Anyway, I was a rascal in female affairs - una dey feel me shey? cheesy. My rascal lifestyle grew to the point that I can stand anyone and look them in the face even my uncle and his wife - There was a time my uncle's wife messed with me and I felt she wasn't respectful. I chased her out with CUTLASS. cheesy. Most days of the week when my uncle is asleep, I sneak out with my gang at night to go shopping - you know what I mean right.....I'm talking out night business. If we don't get anything, we end up catch people's fowl, slaughter and make night pepper soul..... cheesy.

Okay! I continued in that lifestyle until somewhere in between the K & S Church we were attending then was converted to a Pentecostal Church along Old Ojo Road, by Moshalashi Bus-stop, Amuwo, Lagos state. We used to have sectional night vigil - women, men, youth, prayer warrior etc. I decided to attend one of the youth night vigil one night when another youth pastor was invited. The ministration was so real and the power of God was present to convict every world of sin. I had never experienced anything as real as that night when a man's heart can melt in the face of world of sin. This is not an alter call issue ladies and gentlemen. Ladies and Gentlemen, permit me to say - being born again don't happen at alter calls, it happens inside of a man with the power of the Holy Spirit convicting the world and passion of sin in men.

That's it! I was born from above and given a new life in Christ Jesus. Everyone around me knew it without being told. Hey, the best form of evangelism is what we do with our new life in Christ. No more living according to the old man. Became so active in ALL church activities, bible study and things of God. Later on, had water baptsim; baptism of the Holy Ghost and prayed in tongues. Shortly after that, was admitted to Federal Polytechnic, Offa and worshiped with the RCCG branch there, My Pastor then was H.C. Monyei and the Zonal Pastor, Oladoye.

Well, the rest is story anyway. I was fed the word of God in all of these faces of Christian life until I began to do more personal study and began to spot error from the truth. It's being glorious moments walking with God and only the Grace can sustain us.

Thank you.

7 Likes

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Enigma(m): 8:29pm On Jan 08, 2013
Goshen360: At a time, I wanted to date a female teacher and when she refused, I organized my gang and we dealt with her. It was later found out and I was suspended from school and to bring my parent or guardian at resumption. This was at the time I was about to take my WAEC. Knowing that my uncle is a pastor, I can't go to school with my uncle; I had to organize my 'Area father' to come stand in for me and disguise as my guardian. So when he came to the school authorities, they told him everything and he was acting - slapping me for real like a discipline..... grin

So then, the 'area father' of the naughty schoolboy said to the principal: "Ọga alaiye, awa gbọ p'ọmọ nla ti ṣẹ awa dẹ ti b'ọmọ nla wi. Em Iwọ ọmọ nla, gba classi ẹ lọ." smiley

Goshen360: . . . Ladies and Gentlemen, permit me to say - conversation don't happen at alter calls, it happens inside of a man with the power of the Holy Spirit convicting the world and passion of sin in men.

I think you should change the word I bolded to what you really mean for accuracy and further impact, cheers. smiley
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Goshen360(m): 8:34pm On Jan 08, 2013
Enigma:

So then, the 'area father' of the naughty schoolboy said to the principal: "Ọga alaiye, awa gbọ p'ọmọ nla ti ṣẹ awa dẹ ti b'ọmọ nla wi. Em Iwọ ọmọ nla, gba classi ẹ lọ." smiley

Lo ba tan. You know naw, that kind thing. Na so case close.... grin

Enigma:
I think you should change the word I bolded to what you really mean for accuracy and further impact, cheers. smiley

Edited. Thanks bro.
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by cyrexx: 8:48pm On Jan 08, 2013
^^

Can I laugh, pls. grin grin

Cool testimony, Goshen

1 Like

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by cyrexx: 8:52pm On Jan 08, 2013
@Enigma,

lets hear your testimony too,pls.

I'm sure it will be as action-packed as Goshen's

smiley

1 Like

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by JeSoul(f): 8:52pm On Jan 08, 2013
...mehn....the quality of former rascals wey God don convert to saint is pretty high on this thread cheesy cheesy

if Enigma spills his own now this thread will just shut down from overload grin grin

1 Like

Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Enigma(m): 8:54pm On Jan 08, 2013
^^ Wayo sis grin
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Bella3(f): 8:54pm On Jan 08, 2013
JeSoul: ...mehn....the quality of former rascals wey God don convert to saint is pretty high on this thread cheesy cheesy

if Enigma spills his own now this thread will just shut down from overload grin grin
WE WANT HEAR YOURS TOO. You know, in a way, you represent us.cheesy
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 08, 2013
Found Oga Goshen's conversion story boring... tongue

*rushes off to Alaba market for some Nollywood business*
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by JeSoul(f): 8:59pm On Jan 08, 2013
Bélla3: WE WANT HEAR YOURS TOO. You know, in a way, you represent us.cheesy
My own is dry jor...see potential Nollywood blockbusters all over this thread cheesy you sef you never talk your own, abi I miss am?

Enigma: ^^ Wayo sis grin
Just one question, na lie I talk? grin grin
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Bella3(f): 9:00pm On Jan 08, 2013
Goshen360:

At a time, I wanted to date a female teacher and when she refused, I organized my gang and we dealt with her. It was later found out and I was suspended from school and to bring my parent or guardian at resumption. This was at the time I was about to take my WAEC. Knowing that my uncle is a pastor, I can't go to school with my uncle; I had to organize my 'Area father' to come stand in for me and disguise as my guardian. So when he came to the school authorities, they told him everything and he was acting - slapping me for real like a discipline..... grin

I was involved in all kinds of satanic activities - charms, juju, consult herbalist etc and was very aggressive with females. Any girl wey no agree to date me then na bitting be her portion. Me and my gang go beat her reach her mama house.... cheesy. Well, make I no go beyond this point. Anyway, I was a rascal in female affairs - una dey feel me shey? cheesy. My rascal lifestyle grew to the point that I can stand anyone and look them in the face even my uncle and his wife - There was a time my uncle's wife messed with me and I felt she wasn't respectful. I chased her out with CUTLASS. cheesy. Most days of the week when my uncle is asleep, I sneak out with my gang at night to go shopping - you know what I mean right.....I'm talking out night business. If we don't get anything, we end up catch people's fowl, slaughter and make night pepper soul..... cheesy.

Well, the rest is story anyway. I was fed the word of God in all of these faces of Christian life until I began to do more personal study and began to spot error from the truth. It's being glorious moments walking with God and only the Grace can sustain us.

Thank you.
YOU BAD NO BE SMALL Ogrin THANK YOUR STARS I NO BE YOUR AUNTY. I FOR DONE PIOSON YOUgringrin
Re: How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 08, 2013
Bélla3: YOU BAD NO BE SMALL Ogrin THANK YOUR STARS I NO BE YOUR AUNTY. I FOR DONE PIOSON YOUgringrin
Na dat ur election food wey dey sour belle u go give am, abi?

Dat food na real otakpiapia...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / Traditional Monotheism-The Yoruba example / Winners Chapel In Ilorin Burnt Down Over Land Dispute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.