Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,371 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain (16264 Views)

McCain Fires Back At Putin With America's Own Letter To Russians / Ariel Castro Commits Suicide In Prison / US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by almondjoy(f): 4:54am On Feb 28, 2008
Thank you and good night! kiss

Thinking to maself. . . . . . .Run, Fowwest Run!  Run for your dear life!!!!

Islander:

Almond honey, u dey bout joh grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy,

Can't stay up to "play" tonight, have big presentation tomorrow, I am here working on my articulators, making sure my Bilabials, Lingua-alvelors, Labia dentals et al don't get mixed up cheesy grin, [size=6 pt] and the rugrats aren't helping my dear, the el nino finally opened his legs today, so we can see his ding a ling ling grin[/size],
Take it easy on the boys tonight o, abeg,

Well, well, well,!!! Ring' a ling!!!!! cheesy  Welcome to pissy bathrooms around the house with those tiny retractors!  Rest well darling. kiss  No boys tonight abeg---a no fit for stress.  So I will just move my spirit to another corner of Nairaland to keep awake while I am working soooooooooooooooooooo hard! wink That way I see no evil or read no evil. cheesy  See you around and keep of with the prenatals in the bottle--not the live form of it! cheesy. . . . . . . . .  kiss
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by 4Play(m): 1:22pm On Feb 28, 2008
Tornadoz:

I see I-man/4play still don't get it.

What is obvious to most adults and even the less discerning people in the world, is Cuba withstood everything the mighty US threw at it. Be it the disastrous attempt at invassion or the economic strangulation, Castro emerged stronger.
Therein lies the nub of the pro-Castro twaddle.Castro is feted by the anti-US mob not because of how he has treated the Cuban people but on one sophomoric ground-he defied the US.But is "defying" the US an end in itself? To what purpose was this defiance conducted?

Tornadoz notes that Castro "emerged stronger" Unless Tornadoz is a member of the Castro family accruing personal benefits from Castro's dictatorship,how does Castro emerging stronger justify his failure to improve the pitiable lot of the Cuban people as was vividly noted in this article?

Yet,these Castro apologists miss a very important point-very little of the US's policy excuses Cuba's current situation.Is it because of the US trade embargo that Castro locks up journalists,critics and human rights activists?Does US policy excuse Castro's embezzlement of Cuban money,his sit-tight dictatorship,Cuba's abject lack of respect for the human rights of its own citizens?For all the thousands of Cubans who have been executed or jailed on flimsy grounds,is Tornadoz telling their relatives that they deserve their lot because Castro "defied the US"?

Castro runs a communist central-planned economy,anybody with an iota of knowledge of history knows that such an economic philosophy has,without exception,proven a failure in every single nation on the planet throughout history.For 4 decades,Cuba was a vassal state of the Soviet Union,no one needs a reminder of what happened to that country.Perhaps,these economic illiterates believe that Cuba would have proved an exception in what has been a litany of failures for communist central planning.

It is not the US's trade embargo that is responsible for Cuba's dire economic situation,it is Castro's belief in a communist economic model that has never worked anywhere on the planet.

You wonder why the people of Mexico,India or Nigeria don't wax lyrical about their leaders, it may shock you but they do. Next time you meet an Indian ask him about a man named Mahatma Gandhi and whilst you are at it ask any Nigerian about Murtala.

Its obvious Tornadoz's ignorance is encyclopedic.Ghandi was never a leader of what we today know as India.It will be the height of folly to waste time arguing whether Nigerians,Indians and Mexicans have held their various leaders in high regard.If Tornadoz thinks Nigerians love our leaders,he needs to stay off that Benin liquor.

America may attract lots of immigrants by virture of its wealth but there are other reasons why people emigrate. For example there are between 600000 and 700000 Americans living in Canada and about 150 to 200000 living in Britain (to name just 2 countries).

What does the above drivel address? Isn't one of the fundamental responsibilities of a nations leaders,nay the one template by which they can be objectively assessed,the wealth and living standards of its citizenry?What good is a nation's leadership if its citizens feel the best way they can fulfill their God-given potentials is to risk life and limb by fleeing on boat to other countries? All the Castro apologists have succeeded in showing is that the Castro regime is only better than the motley collection of looters that have ruled Nigeria.However,praising any Western country's leaders by favorably comparing it with an African country is quite telling.

I remember advising you to stop gorging yourself in rascist pamphlets but you won't. Seems you still dash to known rascist archives to lift ideas and regurgitate their hate-filled fiction here. Shame on you.

This is coming from a recidivist nitwit who regularly cites White supremacists like Frank Weltner to buttress his point about Israel.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by RichyBlacK(m): 9:16pm On Feb 28, 2008
[size=14pt]Israel's awful wall oppresses Palestinians and creates suffering[/size]

By Jeffrey C. Harrington
02/08/08 22:02:13

It is time for American evangelicals to realize we are giving an oppressive government a pass in its policies that also violate international law and even murder people of our own faith. After spending time in Egypt and Jordan, where Christians are continually persecuted, I entered into Israel. I very quickly learned that the same persecution is taking place in Israel.

I began to see how American taxpayers have helped our nuclear-armed ally push 2.3 million Palestinian refugees into Jordan. This represents over half of all Palestinians forced to leave Israel and the West Bank since Israel was established military occupation of the West Bank in 1967.

It may surprise many American Christians that hundreds of thousands of these refugees are Christian. Their families were murdered and their centuries-old villages and towns were destroyed to make way for the apartheid practices of Israel's government.

There is no better place to observe these practices than in Bethlehem, the birthplace of our savior. As we passed through the checkpoint, giant towers on both sides connected to an enormous concrete wall, we made the mistake of taking pictures of our allies at work.

The delay, the cursory look at our passports and the sharp admonishing, "You can't take pictures!" helped us realize we had entered a virtual prison.

Bethlehem is a Palestinian town in the occupied area called the West Bank. It has about 70,000 residents, of which 40% are Christian (down from 80% in 1967).

The "Wall" is designed to keep the population of Bethlehem from leaving the area. More than 80% of the people cannot leave the city without going through the tedious process of obtaining a travel permit. Something as simple as Bluetooth technology, a convenience we take for granted, isn't allowed into Bethlehem.

International law forbids an occupying force from taxing the citizens of the occupied land, moving its citizens into the occupied territory or administering collective punishment. It forbids the acquisition of territory through war. Not only have these laws been violated, Israel has built the "Wall."

This same type of wall bankrupted an ancient Chinese government. This same type of wall symbolized the protracted Cold War. It is the kind of wall designed to keep subjects in place and keep outside communities (governments) from knowing the truth. In 2004, the International Court of Justice ruled the Wall to be in violation of international law.

Recently, in Boston, Desmond Tutu, international hero for peace and the victim of the past apartheid policies of South Africa, declared Israel's practices in the West Bank are nothing less than apartheid. The strategic placement of Israeli settlements, cutting off Palestinian towns from each other, the education denied to Palestinians (including Christians) and the cutting off of water during the summer are not only illegal, but at the core, evil. It is a strategic, deliberate process to ethnically cleanse a people who have lived in the land since the days of Christ.

There are many Christians who believe the Bible gives Israel the right to land. Without arguing that point (though I disagree with it), the Bible also has some strong admonishments on how to use the land. Oppression, apartheid practices, racism, murder and the violation of the law are severely condemned in the Bible. Any government that does this, or supports another in doing it, is judged accordingly.

Unfortunately, our government is a willing accomplice to these injustices against the Palestinian people. I do not recall our government ever threatening to withhold our $7 billion in aid to force Israel to stop these practices.

The American evangelical community is a much worse culprit than our government. We are a people called to stand for righteousness, justice, mercy and compassion. Yet, we do virtually nothing as Israel perpetuates the same atrocities against Christians that take place in Islamic countries and China.

I developed a friendship with a Palestinian evangelical Christian. He wants to live where his Christian heritage is centuries old. He moved back to Bethlehem after living in the United States for 17 years. After what I had observed (much more than can fit in this commentary), he asked me this question, "Will you tell people what you have seen?"

I know I can't be silent. Silence is killing and oppressing Palestinians, Christian and Muslim alike.
Jeffrey C. Harrington is senior pastor of Central Community Church in Fresno.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by RichyBlacK(m): 9:28pm On Feb 28, 2008
4Him:

When i read posts from people like Tornadoz i wonder why common sense is now so scare.

Arabs are part of the coalition government of Ehud Barak, Arabs have a minister in Isreal, Arabs have EQUAL RIGHTS as all jews in Isreal . . . Arabs have MORE RIGHTS in Isreal than in Gaza, Arabs citizens in the westbank prefer to remain in Isreal rather than join the PLA in a peace deal . . .

Mr Tornadoz "i hate Isreal so much i can't reason" . . . show me an apartheid state where arabs and jews have equal rights.

Mr "i don't know what i'm talking about" Tornadoz, 85% of what used to be Palestine in 1885 is now the nation of Jordan carved out in 1922 . . . Jordan has a population of 6 million and is 95% arab.

such a shame.

@4Him,

While you're focused on Israelis living inside Israel (their cultural background is inconsequential because they are all Israelis), we are talking about how non-Israelis living in territories occupied by Israel are treated. Note that the occupying power is the de facto government in any occupied territory. The occupiers exploit them, abuse them and subject them to inhumane practices. Thank God for people like the Most Reverend Desmond Tutu, with all the moral authority in the world as a result of his experience in Apartheid South Africa, who have spoken out and called the state of Israel what it truly is - an Apartheid state!

Or, are you going to question Desmond Tutu's assertion? You may think that those of us who feel this way are a bunch of Nairaland activists, but you just have to stop and wonder when people like Desmond Tutu speak on our side.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by 4Him(m): 10:36pm On Feb 28, 2008
RichyBlacK:

The "Wall" is designed to keep the population of Bethlehem from leaving the area.

that is simply NOT TRUE. The wall was designed to keep out terrorists and it has done a great job so far in reducing terror attacks in Isreal by over 97%. You and ur fellow propagandists can continue whining.

RichyBlacK:

While you're focused on Israelis living inside Israel (their cultural background is inconsequential because they are all Israelis), we are talking about how non-Israelis living in territories occupied by Israel are treated.

Isreal currently does not occupy Gaza and the WestBank, i would expect pple living in those territories to be living as kings not so?

RichyBlacK:

Note that the occupying power is the de facto government in any occupied territory.

False! Gaza elected their own government ages ago.

RichyBlacK:

The occupiers exploit them, abuse them and subject them to inhumane practices.

How? when? Give us concrete examples. . . . and while you are at it pls kindly tell us how well Hamas treats its own citizens.

RichyBlacK:

Thank God for people like the Most Reverend Desmond Tutu, with all the moral authority in the world as a result of his experience in Apartheid South Africa, who have spoken out and called the state of Israel what it truly is - an Apartheid state!

Desmond Tutu is a senile old man. Years of discrimination has stripped him of all his thinking faculties.

RichyBlacK:

Or, are you going to question Desmond Tutu's assertion?

So if Desmond Tutu wakes up tomorrow and labels Nigeria a land of rogues you wont question the assertion that HAS NO PROOF?

RichyBlacK:

You may think that those of us who feel this way are a bunch of Nairaland activists, but you just have to stop and wonder when people like Desmond Tutu speak on our side.

Desmond Tutu shld provide us with proof first before saying nonsense.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by almondjoy(f): 12:28am On Feb 29, 2008
@Benjamin Netanyahu^^^^^^^^^Please where is your own evidence? tongue  Some people just close their eyes and nose to what is real and stick to fantasies. embarassed Why in the world did I ever bring up Israel on this thread? cry

Good job RichyBlack!  I say good job! cheesy

Observing remotely. . . . . . .
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by 4Him(m): 12:40am On Feb 29, 2008
almondjoy:

@Benjamin Netanyahu^^^^^^^^^Please where is your own evidence? tongue Some people just close their eyes and nose to what is real and stick to fantasies. embarassed Why in the world did I ever bring up Israel on this thread? cry

u're fond of blabbing even when u dont know what u are saying. I dont need to give u any evidence, i didnt accuse Isreal of apartheid . . . you and ur equally clueless followers did and it behoves you to produce evidence that such truly exists.
People like you have no idea what Isreali laws are, you dont know the demographics of the population, u dont know why the wall was built and yet you come here making noise.

almondjoy:

Good job RichyBlack! I say good job! cheesy

yeah good job making noise. Continue piggy backing.
Perhaps if u read a bit of the news instead of just crying everytime u'd come out better informed.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by 4Play(m): 12:41am On Feb 29, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Or, are you going to question Desmond Tutu's assertion? You may think that those of us who feel this way are a bunch of Nairaland activists, but you just have to stop and wonder when people like Desmond Tutu speak on our side.

This is the hallmark of the booboisie. They think a point is valid because its ipso facto supported by folks like Tutu.That would,for instance,entail that those who support ordaining openly homosexual Christians as clergy are right because,mirabile dictu,Tutu supports it!!

Tutu equated Israel with apartheid South Africa,so? Tutu seems to have a knack for such asinine equations.He equated prohibiting gay clergy men to racism.

Always argue your own points and don't hide behind fallible men.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by Tornadoz(m): 1:04am On Feb 29, 2008
Therein lies the nub of the pro-Castro twaddle.Castro is feted by the anti-US mob not because of how he has treated the Cuban people but on one sophomoric ground-he defied the US.But is "defying" the US an end in itself?
Isn't this the very reason you hate Cuba? Just when I thought I-man was mutating into something descent like he-man he come's with the above. Reading your "great" insightful babel one must conclude you're on a devil's mission. Am against injustice anywhere in the world but unlike you, am not ignorant of the 50yrs aggression the US has waged against tiny Cuba for removing the American puppet govt of Baptista. Whilst you're rebuking Castro for his human rights record, care to say a few words about other friendly American dictators like those in Pakistan, Egypt and Saudi Arabia? Visit the residents of New Orleans and preach this utopia called America.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by Tornadoz(m): 1:10am On Feb 29, 2008
Perhaps if u read a bit of the news instead of just crying everytime u'd come out better informed.
I thought this was your forte? You sometimes quote Bill O'Reily word for word.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by Tornadoz(m): 1:23am On Feb 29, 2008
Tutu equated Israel with apartheid South Africa,so? Tutu seems to have a knack for such asinine equations.He equated prohibiting gay clergy men to racism.

Always argue your own points and don't hide behind fallible men.

Why is gay bashing right in your book and not nigger bashing, (Your fellow right wing elements would rather continue with nigger bashing.) When the likes of Desmond Tutu speaks tthe world listens. Am amazed at some of the statement you spew. You would make a great Nazi.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by 4Play(m): 1:26am On Feb 29, 2008
Tornadoz:

Isn't this the very reason you hate Cuba?

I hate Castro because he is a thieving,murderous,sit-tight dictator who is responsible for jailing and killing thousands of Cubans merely for the sin of exercising their freedom of conscience.

Am against injustice anywhere in the world but unlike you, am not ignorant of the 50yrs aggression the US has waged against tiny Cuba for removing the American puppet govt of Baptista

Where is the logical correlation between the latter part of your statement and the former?Once again,do you tell relatives of jailed or murdered Cubans that they have to endure such outrages simply because "Castro defied the US"?Its as if your dislike of injustice is merely an aside to the more blinding prejudice of the US which you bring to your analysis.

Put simply,you can dislike the US's misguided foreign policies while also disliking the Castro regime.The two are not, by the slightest bit of the imagination,logically incompatible.

Whilst you're rebuking Castro for his human rights record, care to say a few words about other friendly American dictators like those in Pakistan, Egypt and Saudi Arabia? Visit the residents of New Orleans and preach this utopia called America.

Isn't the hallmark of the clueless to refer to irrelevant matters?The day you will see me putting in a good word for the Egyptian,Pakistani and Saudi regimes,please get back to me.

That Castro's regime has been one of the most repressive regimes in the Western hemisphere is irrefragable.What that has to do with the M'uslim world including countries such as Egypt and Pakistan beggars belief.

Nobody has said that the US is utopia but referring to the downtrodden in the US simply doesn't explain why this supposedly "brilliant" Castro regime has prompted its citizens to risk life and limb fleeing to their less than utopian Northern neighbor.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by Ibime(m): 2:22am On Feb 29, 2008
If Capitalism comes to Cuba now, they will do very well because they are all educated thanks to Castro. In terms of human resources, even the lowest class Cuban is better educated that 30% of Americans. Even the poor black boys who would have otherwise been marginalised under Batista are now highly educated.

I believe democracy comes in different forms. Sometimes you have to get the whole country educated and organised before you bring Capitalism to them because as we all know Capitalism tends to leave people behind, mostly the poor and uneducated.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by Islander(f): 2:44am On Feb 29, 2008
Ibime:

If Capitalism comes to Cuba now, they will do very well because they are all educated thanks to Castro. In terms of human resources, even the lowest class Cuban is better educated that 30% of Americans. Even the poor black boys who would have otherwise been marginalised under Batista are now highly educated.

I believe democracy comes in different forms. Sometimes you have to get the whole country educated and organised before you bring Capitalism to them because as we all know Capitalism tends to leave people behind, mostly the poor and uneducated.

[size=20pt]word[/size]
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by doyin13(m): 4:40am On Feb 29, 2008
4 Play:

Put simply,you can dislike the US's misguided foreign policies while also disliking the Castro regime.The two are not, by the slightest bit of the imagination,logically incompatible.

But you are also guilty of glossing over or ignoring America's culpability in the whole saga as well as other international dramas involving the US.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by almondjoy(f): 8:30am On Feb 29, 2008
4Him:

u're fond of blabbing even when u don't know what u are saying. I don't need to give u any evidence, i didnt accuse Isreal of apartheid . . . you and your equally clueless followers did and it behoves you to produce evidence that such truly exists.

People like you have no idea what Isreali laws are, you don't know the demographics of the population, u don't know why the wall was built and yet you come here making noise.

I am only a cheerleader darling.  Just what you want women to be on Nairaland.  What we do best is climb the backs of our favorite "sportsmen"! kiss I don't need to quote naffffin'.  The world shampions of this thread have written it all.  I just want to see your own "evidence and quotations" as usual. I just love watchin' you get thrashed around. cheesy

Na ma bodi you dey get power--all that love I can't resist.  I love you too, davidylan! kiss Tooooooooooo much! grin

Tornadoz:

I thought this was your forte? You sometimes quote Bill O'Reily word for word.

han han han han han han han han! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy The gospel according to CNN Abeokuta!!!!! cheesy

doyin13:

But you are also guilty of glossing over or ignoring America's culpability in the whole saga as well as other international dramas involving the US.

Tell him!

This is one I really want to piggyback on! This doyin13 is really causing me some sleepless nights I swear! cheesy

Look here Doyin13, I think Seun should ban for good! For very obvious reasons---------------------you are just too fine. I will keep harassing the living daylight out of you till you disappear from Nairaland! grin But I will give you a break for now.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by Kobojunkie: 4:14pm On Feb 29, 2008
Ibime:

Are you even serious With this post alone you come off as a seriously uneducated person cause you seem not to know what the heck you are talking of. What has education to do with capitalism?? How do you relate education to capitalism??
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by bawomolo(m): 5:01pm On Feb 29, 2008
even the lowest class Cuban is better educated that 30% of Americans. Even the poor black boys who would have otherwise been marginalised under Batista are now highly educated.

there are 300million Americans and much lesser amount of Cubans, of course it would be easier to educate cubans. why don't we compare the elite with the elite?? what makes u think cubans have achieved racial equality. are u this blinded by rhetoric??

as if communism hasn't left some people behind in places like cuba or vietnam. i think u need the research the former soviet republics of eastern europe. they are worse off than the capitalist nations of western Europe. communism is backwards in practice.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by bawomolo(m): 5:03pm On Feb 29, 2008
if israel is an apartheid state why are there djibouti, somalian and ethiopian jews living in israel, not to forget sudanese refugees. u'd think an evil state such as Israel would be closed to outsiders.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by Ibime(m): 6:02pm On Feb 29, 2008
bawomolo:

there are 300million Americans and much lesser amount of Cubans, of course it would be easier to educate cubans. why don't we compare the elite with the elite?? what makes u think cubans have achieved racial equality. are u this blinded by rhetoric??

Why are you always concerned with elite? You are elitist - this is the problem with NeoCons. You want to forget about the poor, creating an imbalanced society, then you wonder why there is so much crime. The word "SOCIETY" is exactly that - society - not us and them! Louis IV got his head chopped off for shit like that.   

BTW, Your own argument defeats itself because you said America have a much larger population - so based on simple probability, the American elite should be much smarter than the Cuban elite. Not to mention the World Class research facilities and military facilities they have.

You must obviously think you are elite - you forget the basic principles that Jesus taught - hehe, the funny thing is that i bet you are a Christian too - an African, right wing, redneck, Christian fundamentalist. Talk of identity crisis!

BTW, I went to Yankee and people were asking me if we had cars in Africa and if i saw lions everyday. Ask the stupidest Cuban about Africa and he would be more respectful. I know which I prefer.

bawomolo:

as if communism hasn't left some people behind in places like cuba or vietnam. i think u need the research the former soviet republics of eastern europe. they are worse off than the capitalist nations of western Europe. communism is backwards in practice.

Left who behind? Every Cuban boy is educated and his healthcare is free. Under Batista, they died like flies. - As for Vietnam, did you hear me say anything about them? Did I tell you I'm a communist? If you start a thread about the drawbacks of Communism, then you will see my views on the subject. Life is not Black and White - there is room for Capitalists to have social values, unlike some of these morons coming here saying they are happy with Yankee's health system - when Yankee is the only developed country in the world that doesn't have social healthcare.

You seem to forget that Africans naturally have social and Christian values. We take care of our elderly and sick and our neighbours and distant relatives turn to us in time of need unlike Caucasians. You have obviously lost your identity.

Come to countries like Norway and see how Socio-Capitalism is run in full effect. Thats why their Sovereign funds are propping up all the big investment banks right now.

You disgust me - don't ever put your head where I am talking again with your self loathing and self hating views.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by bawomolo(m): 7:04pm On Feb 29, 2008
Why are you always concerned with elite? You are elitist - this is the problem with NeoCons. You want to forget about the poor, creating an imbalanced society,

am not a neoconservative so stop with the insults. i doubt castro cares about the poor since most of his countrymen wallow in poverty.

he word "SOCIETY" is exactly that - society - not us and them! Louis IV got his head chopped off for shit like that.

send the memo to castro who has created a political and economic elite in his country. shouldn't such a "SOCIETY" have ELECTIONS.

Not to mention the World Class research facilities and military facilities they have.

i think it'd be daft of u if u think education in cuba is better than education in the US

You must obviously think you are elite - you forget the basic principles that Jesus taught - hehe, the funny thing is that i bet you are a Christian too - an African, right wing, redneck, Christian fundamentalist. Talk of identity crisis!

am atheist, am nigerian and not a redneck. try again.

Left who behind? Every Cuban boy is educated

talk about exaggeration, it went from 90%literacy rate to EVERYONE.

and his healthcare is free.

just because it's free, doesn't mean it's free, most Cubans can't afford proper healthcare. if the healthcare and life there was that good, then they won't be hopping on boats to florida.

Life is not Black and White - there is room for Capitalists to have social values, unlike some of these morons coming here saying they are happy with Yankee's health system - when Yankee is the only developed country in the world that doesn't have social healthcare.

this is all lies and propaganda, america is a mixed economy with capitalist and socialist policies. have u heard of government subsidies for healthcare, education and many other economic sectors?? not all european countries have universal healthcare by the way.

You seem to forget that Africans naturally have social and Christian values. We take care of our elderly and sick and our neighbours and distant relatives turn to us in time of need unlike Caucasians. You have obviously lost your identity.

caucasians have old people home and free programs for the elderly. i guess elderly white caucasians must be suffering badly.

Come to countries like Norway and see how Socio-Capitalism is run in full effect. Thats why their Sovereign funds are propping up all the big investment banks right now.

this is stupid, comparing tiny Scandinavian nations to the united states doesn't make sense. countries like Norway and Denmark can afford those social services due to a tiny population and an extremely HIGH tax rate.

You disgust me - don't ever put your head where I am talking again with your self loathing and self hating views.

oh am scared, internet thugging at it's finest
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by Ibime(m): 7:20pm On Feb 29, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Are you even serious With this post alone you come off as a seriously uneducated person cause you seem not to know what the heck you are talking of. What has education to do with capitalism?? How do you relate education to capitalism??

Yeah I'm seriously uneducated - I must have wasted my time doing that Masters degree in Applied Mathematics. Educated people should have more conscience than you show. Thats why you are an educated mumu. As for you, you even defend white South Africans who feed urine to Blacks so your opinion doesn't even count - we all know who you are and what you are about.

As for Bamowolo, I don tire for you. You are an aetheist, right wing, Neo-Con fundamentalist. Hmmm - Identity Crisis don carry new name!

And Yes - Yankee IS THE ONLY DEVELOPED country without social health care. If you can afford to go to war all the time, I am sure you can afford to have social health care. Even the government subsidies for healthcare allow drug companies to charge HUMUNGOUS amounts for drugs which bare no reality to the dynamics of supply and demand. Not to mention that half your senate and even your President get paid millions of dollars to lobby for their causes. Even Hillary Clinton who opposed Private health is now in their pockets. GREED! The Canadians next to you who have social health care, are they stupid?

Also, why not raise taxes? I don't see Scandinavians complaining about their higher taxes. Abi, are they stupid ?You hold on to this idea of low taxes like it is some sort of religious mantra. Are you a Republican? If you don't like it, why not move to Monaco where you pay zero taxes. Abi is it too elitist for you - or maybe you don't have enough money to live there. People like Bill Gates and Sage of Omaha are giving away all their money to charity, yet paupers like you who don't have two pennies to rub together are complaining about taxes. Wealth is supposed to be a vehicle with which to help people - yet greedy elitists like you seem to miss the point.

As for Cubans wallowing in poverty, since you always bring up this argument, why doesn't your country lift their blockade so Cubans can truly have FREE trade. You blockade their country, then you blame Castro for them living in poverty. Their poverty sef is the same as other Caribbean and Latin American countries - despite the blockade!
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by Kobojunkie: 7:29pm On Feb 29, 2008
Ibime:

Yeah I'm seriously undeucated - I must have wasted my time doing that Masters degree in Applied Mathematics. As for you, you even defend white South Africans who feed urine to Black so your opinion doesn't even count - we all know who you are and what you are about.

As for Bamowolo, I don tire for you. You are an aetheist, right wing, Neo-Con fundamentalist. Hmmm - Identity Crisis don carry new name!

And Yes - Yankee IS THE ONLY DEVELOPED country without social health care. If you can afford to go to war all the time, I am sure you can afford to have social health care. Even the government subsidies for healthcare allow drug companies to charge HUMUNGOUS amounts for drugs which bare no reality to the dynamics of supply and demand. Also, why not raise taxes? I don't see Scandinavians complaining about their higher taxes. You hold on to this idea of low taxes like it is some sort of religious mantra. Are you a Republican? If you don't like it, why not move to Monaco where you pay zero taxes. Abi is it too elitist for you - or maybe you don't have enough money to live there. People like Bill Gates and Sage of Omaha are giving away all their money to charity, yet paupers like you who don't have two pennies to rub together are complaining about taxes. Wealth is supposed to be a vehicle with which to help people - yet greedy elitists like you seem to miss the point.

Now I am defending white south africans who feed uring to blacks on a post about John mccain GREAT!!!

I actually expected Blatant to jump to that conclusion but he did not but you, a so called masters educated human jumping to that conclusion on reading my post?? LMAO!!!
You just showed how seriously flawed your earlier reasoning on education and capitalism is .LMAO!!!! Instead of concentrating on the topic, an "educated mind" ( Now I seriously doubt this) such as you claim to be, focuses on my person and what I did not even post or do?? GREAT!! Now we see how illogical your claim for education meaning success when it comes to capitalism is terribly flawed and you proved it with your own story. LMAO!!
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by Ibime(m): 7:32pm On Feb 29, 2008
^^^^Like I said before, your opinion doesn't even count! - Your flawed logic that the Blacks were somehow culpable for the Whites feeding them urine just showed what an apologist you are - instead of concentrating on the criminals, you rounded on the victims of the crime. Yes, your point was somewhat valid - but compared to the real crux of the issue, it just showed the way you reason - that you are a self loathing gay and a White apologist!
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by Kobojunkie: 7:44pm On Feb 29, 2008
Ibime:

^^^^Like I said before, your opinion doesn't even count! - Your flawed logic that the Blacks were somehow culpable for the Whites feeding them urine just showed what an apologist you are - instead of concentrating on the criminals, you rounded on the victims of the crime. Yes, your point was somewhat valid - but compared to the real crux of the issue, it just showed the way you reason - that you are a self loathing gay and a White apologist!

So this is the way a MASTERS EDUCATED person reasons and approaches discusssions?? by calling those who oppose his views names?? WOW!!! LMAO!!!
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by bawomolo(m): 7:45pm On Feb 29, 2008

i'm a liberal u idiot

And Yes - Yankee IS THE ONLY DEVELOPED country without social health care.

well i ask u to explain the social health care system in turkey, spain and a few other countries. u are obviously biased in your opinion

The Canadians next to you who have social health care, are they stupid?

the universal healthcare system in canada has varying success depending on region. people in poor canadian regions don't benefit much from universal healthcare.

Also, why not raise taxes?

are u willing to pay 50%tax, yes or no??

I don't see Scandinavians complaining about their higher taxes. Abi, are they stupid ?

no they are not stupid, their government is tiny and centralized enough to handle such responsibilities.

. People like Bill Gates and Sage of Omaha are giving away all their money to charity, yet paupers like you who don't have two pennies to rub together are complaining about taxes. Wealth is supposed to be a vehicle with which to help people - yet greedy elitists like you seem to miss the point.

85% of taxes is paid by the top 25% of the country. the so-called greedy people are the one paying for the social programs

http://www.ntu.org/main/page.php?PageID=6
your masters degree is a waste

As for Cubans wallowing in poverty, since you always bring up this argument, why doesn't your country lift their blockade so Cubans can truly have FREE trade

can u please read a book and shut the Bleep up. have u heard of the subsidies cuba got from the soviet union and venezuela. cuba still get's money by selling vaccines to other countries. the problem of cuba is domestic and not the embargo.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by Ibime(m): 8:03pm On Feb 29, 2008
bawomolo:

i'm a liberal u idiot

Sorry? Please repeat that again. LMAO!

bawomolo:

well i ask u to explain the social health care system in turkey, spain and a few other countries. u are obviously biased in your opinion

Yes Turkey is really DEVELOPED. Even Spain sef doesn't count - as a Country that was still under dictatorship barely 30+ years ago. I have not researched it, but sure enough, they will coming into line with EU standards soon enough. Why didn't you mention countries like Britain, France, Japan, Germany, Scandinavia etc?

bawomolo:

the universal healthcare system in canada has varying success depending on region. people in poor canadian regions don't benefit much from universal healthcare.

Who fed you this lie?

bawomolo:

are u willing to pay 50%tax, yes or no??

No I am not. Please show me the financial model that says Americans need to pay 50% tax to get social healthcare.

bawomolo:

no they are not stupid, their government is tiny and centralized enough to handle such responsibilities.

Yes - just like Yankee is tiny and Centralised enough to have social education (well at least up to High School level) - And just like China was tiny enough to have social healthcare. What is your blooming point? - And please don't retort with something slick about China. I am no fan of Chairman Mao.

bawomolo:

85% of taxes is paid by the top 25% of the country. the so-called greedy people are the one paying for the social programs

Just goes to show the gap between rich and poor in Yankee.

bawomolo:

http://www.ntu.org/main/page.php?PageID=6
your masters degree is a waste

No it wasn't - I'm an Algorithm Engineer.

bawomolo:

can u please read a book and shut the mess up. have u heard of the subsidies cuba got from the soviet union and venezuela. cuba still get's money by selling vaccines to other countries. the problem of cuba is domestic and not the embargo.

Man must whack! If you stop my food over here, I will go somewhere else to eat. Now you go and read about the United Fruit Company and the real reason Castro overthrew Batista. Then later, you tell me which Latin American country is doing well under Yankee's guidance. You act like there is an example there for Cuba to follow. And please don't mention Bermuda and Bahamas with all their tax exiles.

Please don't bother replying. I have things to do.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by RichyBlacK(m): 8:27pm On Feb 29, 2008
If on the Judgment Day, God appeared and said in a thunderous voice:

"The Israeli government was a very wicked government to the Palestinians. Hitler committed horrible crimes against the Jews but when a faction of the Jews started the Zionist Movement and created Israel, neither compassion nor respect was shown to the inhabitants of Palestine."

4Him: This God has not been paying attention to what's been happening in the world. How can He say that? I don't think He has fully recovered from the way His Son was crucified about 2 thousand years days ago. I take it that He is still in grief.

4 Play: What absolute Ggodly drivel! Israel has a right to exist. God, I have question! Excuse me. Excuse me.

RichyBlack: Baba God don talk am finish! Make una dey there dey yarn rubbish!

Not even God can convince these two "Israel is always right and never wrong" duo about the evils of the state of Israel. See how they talked about the Most Reverend Desmond Tutu. What a shame!
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by 4Him(m): 9:11pm On Feb 29, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Not even God can convince these two "Israel is always right and never wrong" duo about the evils of the state of Israel. See how they talked about the Most Reverend Desmond Tutu. What a shame!

show us this "evil" you so glibly lie about and it sufficeth us.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by Mariory(m): 10:08pm On Feb 29, 2008
Wow, it's 2008 and the usual suspects are still hopelessly ploughing backwards with their anti-Isreali propaganda. 1900s here they come!
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by RichyBlacK(m): 12:53am On Mar 01, 2008
Mariory:

Wow, it's 2008 and the usual suspects are still hopelessly ploughing backwards with their anti-Isreali propaganda. 1900s here they come!

Serious minded adults are discussing politics and one toddler just appears from nowhere crying for "tom-tom". Abeg go sleep if you no get wetin you wan talk.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by RichyBlacK(m): 1:01am On Mar 01, 2008
4Him:

show us this "evil" you so glibly lie about and it sufficeth us.

Quiz for you:
1. Name one atrocity that the state of Israel has ever committed? Just one o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! / Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." / Israel Bombs Sudanese Rockets Factory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.