Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,195 members, 7,864,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:57 AM

Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award (48399 Views)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / PICTURES: PROUD WINNER ... Lionel Messi Shows Off The Ballon D'or Award / Messi Wins Ballon D'or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dopeJemi: 11:58pm On Jan 07, 2013
Alaba_Slim:
so Y don't u want xavi or iniesta 2 leave also? ehn
ok because me$$i has not won the WORLD CUP & wen he does win the WORLD CUP, wat will be ur XCUSE?
'm a utd fan BUT believe mi wen i say this dat i always respected messi WHILE ronaldo was wit us then

Xavi and iniesta av aLways been dominant 4 club and country, dey r d ones creating passes 4 Messi, beLieve Me when I say dey'lL shine anywhere dey go in d worLd cuz dey create buh wen Messi goes 2 a cLub where der z no xavi or iniesta, wat wilL he do, run Like a Leopard 4 d balL, truth be toLd, xavi iniesta r his back bone even in PS2
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 11:59pm On Jan 07, 2013
dopeJemi: Even if man city or PSG gives Messi a cheque of 300milLion dolLars, He won't Go cuz He knows where He wilL shine(La Liga)

AlL dose mumu La Liga defenders wen dey do ajebutter 4 fieLd

Make Messi Meet peopLe Like Barton,Richards,Parker,shawcross,coLoccini etc

He go know say epL no be bread n butter
grin

He scored 14 goals in the champions league without playing any Spanish team how about that

Colocini the same one that was a disgrace in Deportivo before seeing mumu in EPL?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by davida222(m): 12:01am On Jan 08, 2013
dayokanu:

Any football fan knows that Madrid is a much bigger club than Man Utd
In what way??
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by AlabaSlim: 12:01am On Jan 08, 2013
dopeJemi: Even if man city or PSG gives Messi a cheque of 300milLion dolLars, He won't Go cuz He knows where He wilL shine(La Liga)

grin
& dat is Y those playas u mentioned are NEVER DO WELL(@ most less than average)
if shawcross had gone (4rm utd) 2 a beta club 2 improve, he will nut be @ stoke 2day & mayb be in the 3 lizard team
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 12:01am On Jan 08, 2013
deeplow:

When u watch La liga matches(as someone with a lil football talent),u tend to think football is easy and you can do what these players are doing.if u'd be honest,u'd agree with me that la liga can't compare with the Epl in terms of defending.As someone had earler written,it is quite true that most Epl teams don't put too much energy into the europa league.the other "big" la liga teams know the europa league is the only available silverware for them,dats why they tend to perform better.
Did you see how that foolish theory was refuted? It's not true English clubs don't put much energy when they play in the Europa league. Just read the refutations yourself. I don't need to list them here.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by coogar: 12:02am On Jan 08, 2013
Krayola:
Mourinho is currently failing woefully in La Liga despite having the most expensive squad in the country. To conquer spain, you need to do a lot more than win a liga title.... Mourinho ain't done shit yet.

sour grapes -
he murdered the best barca team in the history of football last season and won the league at a canter. his heart is no longer in it. he cannot wait for summer to come to the premier league and take over chelsea or man city. he had one mission in la liga - win the spanish league and that mission has been accomplished. mourinho has lost interest since his rival guardiola left barcelona.

Ramos coached Tottenham hotspur. They will never ever win the league. What were they supposed to win the league with? Benitez is Liverpool's most successful manager in recent times. They wish they still had him.

recent times? when did he leave that you are using recent times? you don't know what you are talking about? benitez ruined liverpool. the debt he left buying substandard players removed liverpool in the top 4 and stuck them in the top 12.

Mourinho is about to be unemployed. Every Tom, dick and Fatai in La Liga is whoopin his team. Olodo coach no know say na soccer we dey tap for here.

this same mourinho undressed barcelona as inter manager. he came back to the league and won copa del rey and la liga at the expense of barcelona. you are chatting rubbish as usual. mourinho has conquered spain!

logica: Did you see how that foolish theory was refuted? It's not true English clubs don't put much energy when they play in the Europa league. Just read the refutations yourself. I don't need to list them here.

it's true....they don't take it serious
no top english side would play europa league with all their energy at the expense of their league position. it's a mickey mouse cup.....if you win it, the pundits would mock it, if you crash out, the pundits would mock as well so what's the point?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Oahray: 12:02am On Jan 08, 2013

grin
Go to bed Jemi. The football experts have decided. If EPL is the best for you keep watch EPL and let the Laliga fans watch Laliga.

Arguing on nairaland wouldnt change any name on that list.
Two EPL teams are out of the UCL again after group stage. If the other two gets knocked out in this next round, next year FIFpro list would have no EPL player either and would upset you again.

But then what do we do when the truth becomes a bitter pill?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 12:02am On Jan 08, 2013
davida222: In what way??

In every way

1. Madrid has 9 Champions league Man Utd has 3

2. Madrid has 32 league titles Man Utd has 19

3. Madrid has produced several Great players and ballon D Or Man utd has produced 1
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Krayola(m): 12:02am On Jan 08, 2013

Sporting Success domestically and Internationally thru entire history of the clubs.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by elampiro(m): 12:03am On Jan 08, 2013
sleep time.

To me Ronaldo should have been given the award. He won the Laliga, he did well and scored in the classico matches, he played in EURO semis. He did a lot single handedly.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 12:04am On Jan 08, 2013
dopeJemi:

, dey r d ones creating passes 4 Messi
Can you tell us how many assists Xavi & Iniesta (or anybody for that matter) created for Messi last year? Just admit you never watch Barca games. They just tell you what happened.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 12:04am On Jan 08, 2013
coogar:

sour grapes -
he murdered the best barca team in the history of football last season and won the league at a canter. his heart is no longer in it. he cannot wait for summer to come to the premier league and take over chelsea or man city. he had one mission in la liga - win the spanish league and that mission has been accomplished. mourinho has lost interest since his rival guardiola left barcelona.

Mourinhos only mission is La Liga that Schuster and Capello won with the same Madrid? Jose currently 16points behind league leaders just halfway in the league
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Krayola(m): 12:05am On Jan 08, 2013
elampiro: sleep time.

To me Ronaldo should have been given the award. He won the Laliga, he did well and scored in the classico matches, he played in EURO semis. He did a lot single handedly.

He didn't score 91 goals. Who gives a damn what his teams did? It's an individual award ffs!!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dopeJemi: 12:06am On Jan 08, 2013
dayokanu:

He scored 14 goals in the champions league without playing any Spanish team how about that

Colocini the same one that was a disgrace in Deportivo before seeing mumu in EPL?

Who was in d group?

Who were d weak defenders

Ask mourinho hau it feLt Like

Imagine barca in a group consisting of stoKe, everton and dortmund, I said imagine oh, I swear, messi won't be fit 2 pLay d second Legs

When u guyz pLayed ceLtic, hau did it go
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Krayola(m): 12:06am On Jan 08, 2013
dayokanu:

Mourinhos only mission is La Liga that Schuster and Capello won with the same Madrid? Jose currently 16points behind league leaders just halfway in the league

Na u get time for this mumu. Person wey mad woman don shepe for since he small

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by chic2pimp(m): 12:06am On Jan 08, 2013
logica: You are the one spewing rubbish here. There's something they call head to head and it's a good way of knowing who's better. When Pirlo went head to head against his rivals he was silent while they performed. This was not about a bad performance in a single game.

What crappy head to head are u on about?
You call 3 vs 1 head to head?
Check out his performances in the opening game vs spain to see that was indeed a bad performance ina single game
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by coogar: 12:07am On Jan 08, 2013
dayokanu:

schuster and capello did not win the leagues of england, italy and portugal - mourinho did and won all the domestic cups in spain to prove he can cut it in any league.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 12:08am On Jan 08, 2013

grin
I remember when Maradona came up against England in 86 WC. Then England had the "best defender in the world"; I forgot his name. He was expected to stop Maradona; only for him to be left for dead TWICE in the slalom leading to the best world cup goal in history. All those you mentioned would just allow Messi to score the best goal in EPL history. Messi has faced harder defenders like Pepe and Sergio Ramos and left them eating grass.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by AlabaSlim: 12:09am On Jan 08, 2013
The CLUB of the CENTURY?
Guy pass mi the weed/kpoli make i craze lyk u.hehehe
i have alwayz HATED these 3 clubs cos of their rivalry wit utd :
1.madrid
2.bayern
3.assnal now replaced by chelsink
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 12:09am On Jan 08, 2013
dopeJemi: Who was in d group?

Who were d weak defenders

Ask mourinho hau it feLt Like

Imagine barca in a group consisting of stoKe, everton and dortmund, I said imagine oh, I swear, messi won't be fit 2 pLay d second Legs

When u guyz pLayed ceLtic, hau did it go

The people in the group were they La Liga defenders? Messi scored against Celtic in case you dont know
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 12:10am On Jan 08, 2013
logica: I remember when Maradona came up against England in 86 WC. Then England had the "best defender in the world"; I forgot his name. He was expected to stop Maradona; only for him to be left for dead TWICE in the slalom leading to the best world cup goal in history. All those you mentioned would just allow Messi to score the best goal in EPL history. Messi has faced harder defenders like Pepe and Sergio Ramos and left them eating grass.

You mean TERRY BUTCHER?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 12:11am On Jan 08, 2013
Alaba_Slim:
The CLUB of the CENTURY?
Guy pass mi the weed/kpoli make i craze lyk u.hehehe
i have alwayz HATED these 3 clubs cos of their rivalry wit utd :
1.madrid
[size=18pt]2.bayern[/size]
3.assnal now replaced by chelsink

You don ready to chop am from Bayern this season again
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dopeJemi: 12:11am On Jan 08, 2013
logica: Can you tell us how many assists Xavi & Iniesta (or anybody for that matter) created for Messi last year? Just admit you never watch Barca games. They just tell you what happened.

Smh!

Never knew messi was dis good dat he had 2 run 4rm end 2 end 2 win d balL n take it 2 his opponent's goaL post 2 score alL by himseLf wivawt any heLp 4rm his MidfieLders

Wow! Messi is realLy realLy good
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Krayola(m): 12:12am On Jan 08, 2013
coogar:

schuster and capello did not win the leagues of england, italy and portugal - mourinho did and won all the domestic cups in spain to prove he can cut it in any league.

That would be great if he did it with Valencia, or Sevilla or some other team.... Not with Real Madrid. They're as big as teams can get.

The guy is currently a failure. The first time any team he has coached has performed this woefully is in Spain, and it just happens to be one of the strongest squads in the game. The guy no get excuse abeg leave story
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Oahray: 12:13am On Jan 08, 2013
elampiro: sleep time.

To me Ronaldo should have been given the award. He won the Laliga, he did well and scored in the classico matches, he played in EURO semis. He did a lot single handedly .
You spoilt it with your last statement. Ozil had Laliga's highest assist last season, who did he assist the most?
RONALDO!

Check facts before spewing sentiments. Its really an insult to Ozil, Di maria, and the other team mates involved in Ronaldo's goals when you say Ronaldo did it single handedly.

Football is a team game and no player wins trophies or even matches single handedly, not even Messi who was involved directly in 54% (73 goals and 29 assists) of Barca's 190 goals.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 12:13am On Jan 08, 2013
chic2pimp:

What crappy head to head are u on about?
You call 3 vs 1 head to head?
Check out his performances in the opening game vs spain to see that was indeed a bad performance ina single game
Lol. You blame the 3 for being in the same team? That's the whole point. Also mind you, Pirlo is an attacking midfielder; so he could only be contending with Iniesta.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 12:15am On Jan 08, 2013
dayokanu:

You mean TERRY BUTCHER?
Lol. Must be him. See name sef: Butcher. You go fear nah! Still na Maradona butcher am. English players (and the EPL) are overhyped.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by tomakint: 12:17am On Jan 08, 2013
anitank: lionel messi wins

i am no Messi's fan but i think he deserves it.
Ronaldo is a good player no doubt but his reign was overshadowed by Messi's hazardous football skills.
Messi is a fu-ck!ng wizard!!!!
....and this is coming from a lady? Wao! for recognising real talent and declaring it plainly I say 'this is your YEAR OF DIVINE UPLIFTMENT and me too' kiss

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by coogar: 12:17am On Jan 08, 2013
Krayola:
That would be great if he did it with Valencia, or Sevilla or some other team.... Not with Real Madrid. They're as big as teams can get.

you are talking rubbish as usual....it's becoming a habit
before jose went to madrid, what was their performance in the champions league? they normally get dumped out in the quarterfinal or the 2nd round. jose broke that jinx. the copa del rey jinx was also broken by jose after several years of being in the wilderness. he won all these titles at guardiola's expense - and guardiola was forced to sack himself.

The guy is currently a failure. The first time any team he has coached has performed this woefully is in Spain, and it just happens to be one of the strongest squads in the game. The guy no get excuse abeg leave story

there's no motivation again apart from the champions league.
what's the point in winning the league title again n again? his direct rival has left barcelona and the 2 of them are on their way to the premier league next season to resume hostilities. admit it, jose destroyed barcelona with inter, chelsea and now madrid.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dopeJemi: 12:18am On Jan 08, 2013
when it comes 2 sense in scoring, I give it 2 Messi (running like a cheetah is not skilLs) alL Messi does is run, like I said b4, he aLso has d sense of scoring

Buh when it comes 2 skilLs n scoring, dats two, I give it 2 RonaLdo

I stilL stand on wat I said b4, RonaLdo deserves dis award not Messi
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by AlabaSlim: 12:19am On Jan 08, 2013
Mehn make i go slip or go read sum stupid chelsink thread....torress no Bar-man no....torress no Bar-man no....torress no Bar-man no....torress no Bar-man no....torress no Bar-man no....torress no Bar-man no #ARGUEMENTo
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Debroslink: 12:21am On Jan 08, 2013
dopeJemi:

Smh!

Never knew messi was dis good dat he had 2 run 4rm end 2 end 2 win d balL n take it 2 his opponent's goaL post 2 score alL by himseLf wivawt any heLp 4rm his MidfieLders

Wow! Messi is realLy realLy good

just answer the simple question: of the 91 goals scored by Messi, how many did Xavi and Iniesta feed him?

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (33) (Reply)

Chelsea vs Liverpool - ( 0 - 2) On 20th September 2020 / UEFA Champions League 2019/2020 Group Stage Draws / Manchester United VS Derby County: Carabao Cup (7 - 8 On Pens : 25-09-2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.