Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,258 members, 7,829,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state (9962 Views)

What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? / Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others / Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by dolpaz: 9:57am On Jan 09, 2013
Nobody even talked about sango ota, Ogun state
That place is HELL...you enjoy 10hrs of light every 5days..
I think Nepa official in sango area should be sacked because they expect bribe from company before giving out Power.
Thank God am in Ojodu berger and they give steady power from 9pm till 12pm the next day or even more than that, and its so constant.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Tchyfingy: 10:01am On Jan 09, 2013
i live in Federal housing estate woji, PH to be precise. Since the installation of the new prepaid meters in November 2012, The 18 hrs of light has dropped to about 4-6 hrs a day. it's crazy.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Isikaraka: 10:07am On Jan 09, 2013
Though this may just be a coincidence, but since Prof. Barth Nnaji left, our Power supply in Rumuokoro Port Harcourt has nose-dived. We now have less than 3 hours of light every day. Some days we don't even get to see light at all
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by muktarmtt(m): 10:24am On Jan 09, 2013
azpeculiar: From Anthony, Lagos, power supply has been at it's best over the last 3 months. Haters can take a hike, GEJ is certainly working!
Shut d Bleep na only lag dey 4 dis 9ja mtsw
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by favour101(m): 10:58am On Jan 09, 2013
I leave in Rumuokoro axis of Port Harcourt PHCN has improved since xmas at least Im sure of 30mins power everyday shame on PHCN and NIPP project you are all bunch of failures
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by ocelot2006(m): 11:27am On Jan 09, 2013
agabaI23: Hey, the heavy rains is the reason for the overall positive testimony. Lets wait for the rainy season to stop then we can assess accurately.

If you are having power issues, it might be your tranformer is overloaded, your transmission cable are below the capacity required for your present.area consumption or your tformer is dead.

Is that a joke or what? Heavy rains? We are MONTHS into the dry season, water levels have dropped, and you still mention heavy rains? By the way, you do know that most of the power generated come from thermal/gas power plants, right?

@ topic, it's close to 24hrs here in Jalingo, Taraba state. GEJ has truly delivered on his promise.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by ocelot2006(m): 11:35am On Jan 09, 2013
agabaI23: Bro if you read the second part of my post you wouldn't have made this post.

I was actually teasing the 'it is the rainy season' singers. grin

Oh...my bad. 'sorry bros.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by agabaI23(m): 11:37am On Jan 09, 2013
ocelot2006:

Oh...my bad. 'sorry bros.
cool
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by vicholas(m): 11:43am On Jan 09, 2013
At my area ketu Agboyi ketu LGA lagos we hardly get light
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Olaolufred(m): 11:55am On Jan 09, 2013
It is better than it was.
But seems to be retrogressing in my area (Orile Agege).
Between April and July 2012, I did not use my Gen.Set for 1 hour.
However, Since the departure of Nnaji, It seems PHCN are removing power supply by 1hour every 2 weeks.
By calculations, I am left now with 10 hours(Night only).
LET JONATHAN RETURN MY 8 HOURS.
AND TAKE HIS 4 HOURS UNTIL HE IS READY TO GIVE IT OUT FINALLY.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by RickyRossFans: 12:14pm On Jan 09, 2013
jonathan administration is trying
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by vizboy(m): 2:24pm On Jan 09, 2013
Ricky Ross Fans: In Owerri Imo State, we always have uninterrupted 24hrs Power Supply Since last year till now. Every day Full 24hrs High Voltage power..

We always Enjoy Steady Power Supply Every day Both Morning, Afternoon and Night in Owerri Imo State...

IMO STATE PHCN IS DOING THEY JOB WELL..................
i second you jare cause i just came from there last week
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by nairaarea: 7:41pm On Jan 09, 2013
vizboy: i second you jare cause i just came from there last week

YES OH ! O TOWN OWERRI POWER SUPPLY IS ALMOST 24HOURS ESPECIALLY TETLOW

Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Biafrarep(m): 8:19am On Jan 10, 2013
In my hood, Ogbor hill area of Aba, it is one day on, two days off. I cant even charge my laptop unless i use generator or go to a nearby hotel. Mean its soo frustrating and nobody should mention transformer because we contributed money to buy one last year!
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Rassco(m): 11:46am On Jan 11, 2013
bump
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Livinusc(m): 1:23pm On Jan 11, 2013
In our Area here @Sabon-Gari Kano we only xperience 20 minuites light.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by daroz(m): 5:22pm On Jan 13, 2013
Its like NEPA has gone back to their former status quo, Electricity supply has gone epileptic again in my area,what is wrong this time?
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by DisGuy: 2:27am On Apr 10, 2013
update

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obiano Rewards Victorious Anambra Debate Team, Top Scorers In FG Common Entrance / Insecurity: Wike Asks CP To Establish Additional Police Divisions In Gwagwalada / Nigeria Will Soon Take Its Place In Comity Of Nations — First Lady, Remi Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.