Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,250 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state (9963 Views)

What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? / Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others / Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Kalamaya: 5:32pm On Jan 08, 2013
It's better in Yaba area. For like three most now, almost 24hrs.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by efetobore1: 5:33pm On Jan 08, 2013
I THink the govt of deserve a pat on te back, electricity ve greatly improved in recent times @least in my area(Benin city)

THUMBS UP PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONAHTAN
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by anelka101(m): 5:35pm On Jan 08, 2013
why our own area now? sagamu in ogun state, 3hrs per day, at times we will be off for 2days, and fuel is 110 in most of our filling stations here.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Rassco(m): 5:36pm On Jan 08, 2013
AGABALA FAGBAMILA around old ife road Ibadan have not had light for months now...........total darkness save for maybe when they bring it for few seconds!!!!!!!!!!! please to whom it may concern please help us talk to the PHCN people in-charge of this area.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by donwilz(m): 5:39pm On Jan 08, 2013
try69: Make una dey lie here say una dey get light 24/7 oh...gEJ pple welldone..smh
what right have you to call them liars? The only thing you want to hear people say online are bad things about Naija nad Gej. In as much as we are not impressed generally, acknowledgement is due to the power sector. And by the way, u be mumu. shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by afeda: 5:41pm On Jan 08, 2013
very bad and disgrasing here in Ibadan.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Rassco(m): 5:45pm On Jan 08, 2013
afeda: very bad and disgrasing here in Ibadan.
actually some parts in ibadan are enjoying power....areas like agodi gate and iwo road....... fagbamila barely see power in months.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by pedestal82(m): 5:46pm On Jan 08, 2013
megawealth: In my area in kaduna we expierence like 23hrs light....
Agree with u, Barnawa area, dem wan use light kill me, am begining to think, I will hv to explain to my my children what/how a generator is/use. In the last three mths hv not put on my Generator.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Keemhostquarter: 5:48pm On Jan 08, 2013
i live in Ago palace,okota.The power supply in my area is worse............
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by ngooka: 5:52pm On Jan 08, 2013
Good in ugbuezeji abakpa enugu state
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Ikoniko(f): 5:54pm On Jan 08, 2013
megawealth: In my area in kaduna we expierence like 23hrs light....
which area in particular?
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by buchito1(m): 5:59pm On Jan 08, 2013
I stay in lagos ishaga... we ave lite 4 only 30 mins to 1hr in a day!!!! Dis new yr phcn rili improved... We had lite 4 like 2hrs!!! We were rili thankin God!!!
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by BrutusOj(m): 6:11pm On Jan 08, 2013
I can say it's OK..blinks for like 5minutes n comes back...I tink GEJ is tryin on d isue of power.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 08, 2013
Light steady lafia nasarawa state
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by dazzy4real(m): 6:11pm On Jan 08, 2013
In calabar south cross river we only see flash frm phcn after d flash no more light.. I pray it get bera dis year cos d tin tire me embarassed
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 08, 2013
Constant power supply is our right here in WUSE II..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by thelastPope(m): 6:15pm On Jan 08, 2013
You will notice that most of those experiencing bad power supply

1. Have had no power for weeks or months. That shows it isnt the regular Nepa of and on thing but a failure of either their transformer, transmission lines or stations or something similar.

2. Some indicated they have low voltage which means their local infrastructure cannot carry the load of that area.

3. The amount of voltage allocated to Lagos is definitely not adequate yet so Lagos will have a mixed experience. some good and some bad. hopefully, as new megawatts are added, Lagos will continue to improve

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by austinsmat(m): 6:16pm On Jan 08, 2013
In sabon gari kano we have only 4hrs light in midnight 2am to 6am that U can not use it to do anything, but we kwn the reason Hausa are U it to cheat strangers that live in sabon garicry
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by agabaI23(m): 6:19pm On Jan 08, 2013
austinsmat: In sabon gari kano we have only 4hrs light in midnight 2am to 6am that U can not use it to do anything, but we kwn the reason Hausa are U it to cheat strangers that live in sabon garicry
Boko haram
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by ANYPEN(m): 6:20pm On Jan 08, 2013
from most of the replies on this trend, one will be right to say Ibadan must be under a curse especially airport area. nothing has changed and electricity is at it's worst here. less than 5hrs/day
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by BrutusOj(m): 6:22pm On Jan 08, 2013
OkwaIfugo: in awka we have been having steady power for a year now.
but in Oct last year we had light for 4 days without it blinking. at a time we and other street people were worried thinking may be PHCN forgot out side. it was my first best power experience in Nigeria. after that till now it has been 21 to 23hrs a day.
I like dis..some ppl wu neva testify to any tin gud abt d govt..yes dere are lapses,bt where dere is need for commendations we need to do so..well done GEJ on d present state of power in Naija,more grease to ur elbow..try to make it 24hrs at least 5 times in a week n we hear litu complain abt unemployment
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by 5much(m): 6:25pm On Jan 08, 2013
Kudos 2 GEJ,he is working well in d power sector.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by jmaine: 6:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
[size=14pt]Reason No 1 :- The dams are still full from last year rainfall . . .That is why there is a fair improvement tongue

Reason No 2 :- People have travelled to their villages . . .A reason why power supply is fairly constant cheesy

Culled from Nairaland dolts wink[/size]
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by BigBizzy(m): 7:11pm On Jan 08, 2013
this ma area sha....i just dey envy ppl wey say them dey get 20hrs like....i no dey even see 1hr sef:::rivers state...rumuagholu
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
I live in Benin City just like the first poster, the situation is exactly as he said, there is always light. Any power failure usually don’t last for long as power is restored before you know it. Sometimes when I am working on my computer and power fails, I don’t bother to shut down my system which has a UPS, since I know they will soon be back and I am seldom disappointed. Kudos to GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by nairaarea: 7:15pm On Jan 08, 2013
ANAMBRA ATANI (23HOURS)

Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by OmichaelO: 7:17pm On Jan 08, 2013
23 hours 55minutes
UNILAG!
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Nonybb: 7:19pm On Jan 08, 2013
Keemhostquarter: i live in Ago palace,okota.The power supply in my area is worse............
i live in onitsha but left to say at Ago palace. Gosh!! That place is worst place to stay in the whole of the sub-continent of Africa! No clean water! The road are death-trap. Rather i later start realising wat i was missing at Onitsha and had to leave immediately!
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by jmaine: 7:21pm On Jan 08, 2013
O.michael.O:
23 hours 55minutes
UNILAG!

That is Constant K . . .No dey call Unilag for steez like this . . . .Na special case Unilag be smiley
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by gare(f): 7:44pm On Jan 08, 2013
I do live IN PH and the present state of Electricity in my area is one (1) week or more and they take it for 10mins, it is a wonderful thing out here
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by mikewoques: 7:44pm On Jan 08, 2013
Here in Sokoto, in my area precisely its 24hrs 7days constant power supply. (Not joking). Those currently in sokoto on this forum can testify to that. The area is KANO ROAD or rather GUSAU ROAD

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Engine That Drives Nairaland / Breaking News: "After The Election Wey Dem Dey" Crooner Arrested (photos) / Osun Denies Receiving N82b From FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.