Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state (9961 Views)

What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? / Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others / Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by OsunOriginal: 10:04pm On Jan 08, 2013
ROSSIKE:

You can't argue against the facts. Power supply has literally DOUBLED since Jonathan came to power, from 2,200 mw in 2010 to the current 4,500 mw. It has translated to better supply over the last YEAR - not over the last week or months.

That's really good progress for a couple of years if you know anything about power. I think you should offer words of support to ongoing efforts.

So, power generation from AES and other PPP is GEJ's work? What are we getting from Kanji and other government owned power generating plants? How many new power plants did GEJ government birthed even the PPP?

GEJ is not doing anything yet in Nigeria other than corruption.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by OsunOriginal: 10:07pm On Jan 08, 2013
adezzy01: in my area ikate(lag) light stil dey bad, in sepeteri (oyo)wer i dey serve same no ni so pdp neva do anytin. Sory Egbere Jonathan badluk no do shishi

@Rossike, see the above. Is this OsunOriginal? I can begin to show you many like this on this thread if you are too lazy to read other peoples' posts.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by erayo2GCA(m): 10:10pm On Jan 08, 2013
vizboy: Auchi edo state at least 20hrs stead light each day for the past 1 month

Sh(u)p up there..20 hrs my foot..was there last week to secure an accommodation..the light is not even up to 7 hrs daily..moreover student never resume oh..when student fully resume u knw how d lite go be..
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by niyimat(m): 10:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
INNO18: Sokoto, we experience like 20 hrs of electricity daily. Sometimes it can last for 3days concurently(no blink)

Which part in Sokoto are you referring? here in Mabera,we enjoy 18hr-20hrs of light during the weekend, and occasionally during the weekdays. Its really below par
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by dober(m): 10:17pm On Jan 08, 2013
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by erayo2GCA(m): 10:18pm On Jan 08, 2013
all of una na mu.mu..how many mega watts was added to the national grid? PDP republic of Nigeria is presently roaming around 4k mega watts of electricity. when SA is over 40k..4k mega watts go even reach lagos self..
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by donwilz(m): 10:20pm On Jan 08, 2013
try69: ur granpa mumu..did I insult anybody? Until the whole of lagos, portharcourt, onitsha and other industrial cities claim to have power constantly, I would not succumb to this half-completed projects that have gulped too much. B/w, how do you know it is not the water level that is influencing this? If I am not mistaken,this upsurge started recently and if we watch it for a while, it could return to it's sorry state..Typical Nigerians, keep shouting "up nepa!".
I can clearly see that you neither read nor think before typing. It's alright, i can attribute it to your basic cognitive ability or lack of common sense tongue. What is the topic of discussion? Did anyone ask if there was 24hrs electricity supply in Nigeria? There you go. Don't feel ashamed that you are daft, just see it's a trait that runs in your bloodline. ODE!!!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Truckpusher(m): 10:45pm On Jan 08, 2013
I get 23hrs+ I'm in PHC grin grin cheesy...GEJ is working haters can take a dive from mount Everest for all I care.....
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 08, 2013
erayo2GCA: all of una na mu.mu..how many mega watts was added to the national grid? PDP republic of Nigeria is presently roaming around 4k mega watts of electricity. when SA is over 40k..4k mega watts go even reach lagos self..

Was your grandfather BORN when South Africa began generating electricity?

South Africa has been developing steadily since the 1880s courtesy of a colonial govt that reinvested export proceeds in the country. Nigeria began developing in 1960. The colonial govt simply looted for 80 years and left us with 270 mw. There was no national grid at all until the 1970s courtesy of Nigerian rule. So please stop comparing us to South Africa.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 08, 2013
OsunOriginal:

Go through the thread again - as I am typing I have been on gen and it has been like that since morning likewise many other people.

There is nothing special going on - even before gej I have seen light more steady for some period especially during election period only for the situation to nose dive later. So, you can only fool yourself not us - we know what steady power is - I can define it if you dont.
We know that if power supply continues to improve at this pace, you'll lose your relevance on this forum and PAY. Whether you've been in darkness for 1,000yrs or you use generator for 48hrs a day, that's your business. It cannot change the FACT that i'm ENJOYING steady public power supply.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by try69: 11:06pm On Jan 08, 2013
donwilz: I can clearly see that you neither read nor think before typing. It's alright, i can attribute it to your basic cognitive ability or lack of common sense tongue. What is the topic of discussion? Did anyone ask if there was 24hrs electricity supply in Nigeria? There you go. Don't feel ashamed that you are daft, just see it as a trait that runs in your bloodline. ODE!!!
how much dem pay u? A goat will always remain a goat..good9te goat!
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Truckpusher(m): 11:19pm On Jan 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
We know that if power supply continues to improve at this pace, you'll lose your relevance on this forum and PAY. Whether you've been in darkness for 1,000yrs or you use generator for 48hrs a day, that's your business. It cannot change the FACT that i'm ENJOYING steady public power supply.
After 2015 election he's a potential High blood pressure patient in waiting grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by donwilz(m): 11:35pm On Jan 08, 2013
try69: how much dem pay u? A goat will always remain a goat..good9te goat!
yeah yeah, definitely expected such an answer from you... I postulated that you were daft, you just confirmed that you got a minute brain.. Anencephaly is really a terrible curse... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by ImminentLexy(m): 11:43pm On Jan 08, 2013
[color=#000000][/color]
partially ok, cos we do enjoy it in d 9t, but in d day time, taking nd bringing it back@Ubiaja Edo State.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by romanlaw(m): 11:53pm On Jan 08, 2013
Keneking: Had no light throughout yesterday and there was no apology from the maribound power sector called PHCN
. Pls tell your street association to check their transformer
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by romanlaw(m): 12:00am On Jan 09, 2013
Now that we all have agreed that light has improved , pls let us Hail GEJ. Atleast light situation now is better than during OBJ's regime. If its Fashola now we no go hear word for those ofe-mmanu with tribal marks on their face. "Runing to go hide under table b4 the insult starts"
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by OsunOriginal: 12:06am On Jan 09, 2013
romanlaw: Now that we all have agreed that light has improved , pls let us Hail GEJ. Atleast light situation now is better than during OBJ's regime. If its Fashola now we no go hear word for those ofe-mmanu with tribal marks on their face. "Runing to go hide under table b4 the insult starts"

You and who agreed? Even on this page 4, count the number of people that responded in the negative and you see, you are only agreeing with yourself - and that is self-deceipt
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by whiteeyes: 1:09am On Jan 09, 2013
Seriously, last year towards end Iput fuel for generator and e neva finish. Staying @ outskirts of Abuja. Haba! Sortey I dey off freezer because of overblock.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by daroz(m): 4:10am On Jan 09, 2013
wonda26: In my hometown at Anambra during †ђe yuletide, SUPERB!! Used †ђe generator just once for using sake. Now, back to benin, aint impressed, †ђe light be like manage.. On/Off/On/Off.. And voltage aint full sad

Which area in benin?
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by ibrobell(m): 4:25am On Jan 09, 2013
its not the same in mushin oo
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by daroz(m): 4:48am On Jan 09, 2013
OsunOriginal: With the responses so far, we can all see there is no improvement yet. There is nothing happening anywhere now that we have not seen before. What we want is steady power suppy across the country, not sporadic power supply.
ROSSIKE:

You must be reading the wrong thread.
OsunOriginal: .

hahahahahahahahahahaha, una no go use laugh kill person. ROSSIKE, no be lie u dey lie jor. The guy`s understanding is anti clockwise
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by try69: 5:24am On Jan 09, 2013
donwilz: yeah yeah, definitely expected such an answer from you... I postulated that you were daft, you just confirmed that you got a minute brain.. Anencephaly is really a terrible curse... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
keep ranting GOAT!
Plus goodmorning.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Tintinix: 5:36am On Jan 09, 2013
Power has truly improved in my area so much so that we were encouraged and it made more sense in installing an inverter, Imagine it had become so frustrating to put on the gen after power is taken, only for it to be restored within the range of 10-45 mins max, so while we would just be settling in to use the gen, power is back!
I have packed my generator, it has not been used to power the house for the last 3 months, truthfully! (just to run it not loaded so it does not caput completely)

However i have been trending the serious power outage in my area and i noticed that at the very end of the month to the early days of the next month we experience sever power outage,I choose to call them the monthly maintenace window, the down time has increasingly been reducing though, initially it was between 4-5 days now it lasts for at most 2 days with intermittent restoration of power, which i choose to call the testing phases of the maintence windows, so when we hit those days i am so glad for the inverter!!!!
So for me now i have 24 hours 7 days a week power, Sweet!!!
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Greatken007(m): 5:51am On Jan 09, 2013
Haters of GEJ will stil VOTE for him com 2015,check petroleum sector,Aviation,power,Railway,Security(more wiser than ever b4),Education(atleast strike don slip),Pension etc

1 Like

Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Greatken007(m): 5:52am On Jan 09, 2013
Haters of GEJ must VOTE for him com 2015,check petroleum sector,Aviation,power,Railway,Security(more wiser than ever b4),Education(atleast strike don slip),Pension etc
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by everyevery: 7:00am On Jan 09, 2013
Since d yeye nlc n dia tout burnt d power statn in Jan 2012 oil subsidy protest my area olunloyo in Ibadan has been in total darkness anywayz my i-beta pass my neighbor dey serve me well
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by redsquare(m): 7:09am On Jan 09, 2013
In my area in Onitsha Anambra State, the light has not gone off even for 1sec for the past 2 days. It makes me keep wondering whether i'm still in Naija. GEJ all the way till 2019. Haters can go screw themselves. If say na like this other past presidents do, by now our power generation capacity for don reach 100,000MW. Jona, carry go.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by smsgold: 7:14am On Jan 09, 2013
Elueme: I don't expect this thread to attract much comments because it will promote rather than CRITICISE government. I remain indifferent as I earnestly wait for the full privatization of this all important sector. My three point agenda for this govt are power, sanitisation of the petroleum sector and good electoral system. So far progress is gradually being made, though to earlier to sing. God bless Nigeria
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by login123: 8:21am On Jan 09, 2013
No light in my area warri delta state. We do have light less than 2hrs a day.PHCN said they got problem with their circult breaker in pti road. Also I travelled to ugbor_ Benin, my friend area power supply is less than 110v. Inshort these people has been suffering since ages. Let stop deceiving ourselves.Another area they ration their light 2Days on and 1 day off but all the days is as good as no light at all. Even with all these failures PHCN still bring their outrageous bills.so guys saying light has improved are just benefiting from others people light outage.So, when there is no load in one area,another area benefit.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by vizboy(m): 8:50am On Jan 09, 2013
erayo2GCA:

Sh(u)p up there..20 hrs my foot..was there last week to secure an accommodation..the light is not even up to 7 hrs daily..moreover student never resume oh..when student fully resume u knw how d lite go be..
which part of auchi were you living. And why must you be so negative just to show yourself. I live in auchi and only stating a fact. You dont like it that your headache
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Betgal(f): 9:15am On Jan 09, 2013
ANY-PEN :
from most of the replies on this trend, one will be right to say Ibadan must be under a curse especially airport area. nothing has changed and electricity is at it's worst here. less than 5hrs/day

On the contrary, some areas in Ibadan have been enjoying a very stable power supply.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by moopeodu: 9:45am On Jan 09, 2013
its worst in ogun state most expecialy sagamu , iperu ijebuode and environs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others / Nigerians, Before It Is Too Late!!! / Refugee Woman Gives Birth To Twins During Senate's Visit To Yobe IDP Camp. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.