Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state (9960 Views)

What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? / Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others / Things That GEJ Has Done In Your City/state In 2 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 08, 2013
As I am typing this, we don't have power at Iyana Oworo... like 12 hours of power daily dem dey give and some times wey dem smoke forget flip switch, dem go leave am full day, which is like once a month cos na den dem go smoke cos dem wan go paste bill... so its like 50/50
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by tpapi: 8:11pm On Jan 08, 2013
I sleep wit light,wake up wit light,go to work wit light,com back from work n stil meet light at home
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by kelvincoll(m): 8:18pm On Jan 08, 2013
tpapi: I sleep wit light,wake up wit light,go to work wit light,com back from work n stil meet light at home
shocked sunlignt and moonlight or the same PHCN light which is never 24hrs? cheesy
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by ElCaballa(m): 8:21pm On Jan 08, 2013
Where i live here in Owerri,i pass my neighbour reigns so every generator owner here is a king.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by ajufinz(m): 8:23pm On Jan 08, 2013
Currently! There's no light.
However, when it comes it really stays. Averagely 20hrs of 24...
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Metallurgist: 8:25pm On Jan 08, 2013
Nigerians ar funny sentimental ppl, imagine how ppl ar saying they 20-24 hrs light in 9ja for political sake, the truth is u cant give wat u dont hav. I wonder, with our poor generating capacity and old transmission and distribution equipment, how on earth can electricity be stable, ever
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by ib0221: 8:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
I marvel when people ask whether the power supply has improved or not. What I want is stable power supply not improved or what have you. As a matter of fact, I can authoritatively say that it has be come worse in my area. I leave around Ajah and to be precise around Abraham Adesanya Estate and when I moved here in 2005, we used to have power for over 48 hrs at a time but now we can hadly boast of 12hrs even sometimes we have as low as 1hr in a day.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by OsunOriginal: 8:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
dabrake: The day we go get light reach 3 hours, I go drink 2 litres of concentrated H2SO4

na Uyo I dey

You go die by that oooo.

As I am typing, I am on gen in Lagos. It has been epileptic - it has been on/off/on/off.

Full privatisation is the solution - the clueless thiefing politicians should not have anything to do with power supply.

Not commensurate with the increase in power bill - 3 times what we used to pay. I will say, no improvement that I can write home about and can't justify the increase in tarrif for now. Generator is still the only reliable source of power in my house.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by davades(m): 8:28pm On Jan 08, 2013
One day off, 2days on
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Jeetkool(m): 8:38pm On Jan 08, 2013
ther is no chang 4 kwara
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by agabaI23(m): 8:39pm On Jan 08, 2013
Metallurgist: Nigerians ar funny sentimental ppl, imagine how ppl ar saying they 20-24 hrs light in 9ja for political sake, the truth is u cant give wat u dont hav. I wonder, with our poor generating capacity and old transmission and distribution equipment, how on earth can electricity be stable, ever
You should tell us the length of time you have electricity in your area if you are in Nigeria. People living in Sokoto, Kano, Nasarawa have commented and because you think their positive testimony do not favour your political leaning, you described their testimonies as sentimental and funny. It is rather funny that you find it difficult to accept the obvious because it will deprive you of the opportunity to say, 'I told you'.
I don't know if you know that our power problem is more of distribution than generation.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 08, 2013
agabaI23: Hey, the heavy rains is the reason for the overall positive testimony. Lets wait for the rainy season to stop then we can assess accurately.

You people have been singing this same song for months now. This must be a really LONG ''rainy season''. Mshewwwwwwww...
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 08, 2013
Bob_E: I live in Benin City just like the first poster, the situation is exactly as he said, there is always light. Any power failure usually don’t last for long as power is restored before you know it. Sometimes when I am working on my computer and power fails, I don’t bother to shut down my system which has a UPS, since I know they will soon be back and I am seldom disappointed. Kudos to GEJ.

Kai... this almost makes me wanna cry. Is this the same Nigeria that these military boys ran into the ground for all these decades, only for this small boy to arrive on the scene and within two years, the whole country is back up and running. Light everywhere. Even railways up and running. Incredible. Thank you Mr President. MY PRESIDENT. May your days be long!!!!
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by agabaI23(m): 8:54pm On Jan 08, 2013
ROSSIKE:

You people have been singing this same song for months now. This must be a really LONG ''rainy season''. Mshewwwwwwww
Bro if you read the second part of my post you wouldn't have made this post.

I was actually teasing the 'it is the rainy season' singers. grin
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by stylesco: 8:55pm On Jan 08, 2013
In my area, the light has been steady for about 6months now. We can boast of 22hrs power supply...but it didn't come free sha, but its worth it. cool
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 08, 2013
I didn't view this topic.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Shegz4040(m): 9:06pm On Jan 08, 2013
Owena in ondo state...not a blink today. Its bin like dat...can c improvement oooo.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 08, 2013
agabaI23: Bro if you read the second part of my post you wouldn't have made this post.

I was actually teasing the 'it is the rainy season' singers. grin
Ahhh.. my bad. Kpele...
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:10pm On Jan 08, 2013
franky044: in my area in Port Harcourt, it is almost 24/7

In my area at Rumukwuta in Port-Harcourt, it has gone from Ohrs to 10hrs some days and some days blackout. As I am typing, No light but I expect to sleep with light. PHCN, more grease to your elbows.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
okpurukata: In my area Rumuagholu PH, there is still practically no light. I don't know whether the community has been forgotten by PHCN. Meanwhile it was 80% in my village in IMO state during the Xmas.

My cousins leave at that region. They is never light at Rumuagholu. Very sad. I complain of Rumukwuta but we see light sometimes. I hope PHCN remembers your region.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 08, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

My cousins leave at that region. They is never light at Rumuagholu. Very sad. I complain of Rumukwuta but we see light sometimes. I hope PHCN remembers your region.

Light will definitely come to that area full-time this year. It's not even the generation that's the problem, but the distribution, but the federal govt has been quietly building a $4 billion power distribution system that will eventually take care of places like this. Power generation is predicted to hit 7,000 mw this year. The aim is to hit 40,000 by 2020, enough to power a major industrial revolution in this country.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by OsunOriginal: 9:20pm On Jan 08, 2013
With the responses so far, we can all see there is no improvement yet. There is nothing happening anywhere now that we have not seen before. What we want is steady power suppy across the country, not sporadic power supply.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 08, 2013
OsunOriginal: With the responses so far, we can all see there is no improvement yet.

You must be reading the wrong thread.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by OsunOriginal: 9:26pm On Jan 08, 2013
ROSSIKE:

You must be reading the wrong thread.

Go through the thread again - as I am typing I have been on gen and it has been like that since morning likewise many other people.

There is nothing special going on - even before gej I have seen light more steady for some period especially during election period only for the situation to nose dive later. So, you can only fool yourself not us - we know what steady power is - I can define it if you dont.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by try69: 9:28pm On Jan 08, 2013
donwilz: what right have you to call the liars? The only thing you want to hear people say online are bad things about Naija nad Gej. In as much as we are not impressed generally, acknowledgement is due to the power sector. And by the way, u be mumu. shocked shocked shocked
ur granpa mumu..did I insult anybody? Until the whole of lagos, portharcourt, onitsha and other industrial cities claim to have power constantly, I would not succumb to this half-completed projects that have gulped too much. B/w, how do you know it is not the water level that is influencing this? If I am not mistaken,this upsurge started recently and if we watch it for a while, it could return to it's sorry state..Typical Nigerians, keep shouting "up nepa!".
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 08, 2013
OsunOriginal:

Go through the thread again - as I am typing I have been on gen and it has been like that since morning likewise many other people.

There is nothing special going on - even before gej I have seen light more steady for some period especially during election period only for the situation to nose dive later. So, you can only fool yourself not us - we know what steady power is - I can define it if you dont.

I'm sorry but the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF CONTRIBUTORS have stated they are experiencing IMPROVED POWER SUPPLY.

That is something you cannot WISH AWAY.

You cannot subsume the majority view in your political bias.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by asudan: 9:36pm On Jan 08, 2013
sagytarius™:
No light at Abraka
Besides, bush-fire caught my electric pole! Haven't seen light since I came back from the yuletide.
na true talk.for abraka the light is terrible.please who know PHCN for abk abeg beg them for we dey suffer.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Zico0(m): 9:44pm On Jan 08, 2013
Light dey flow like water my area for lagos. At worst, we lose power for just 4hrs in a day. Gej is working,if light no dey yur area its yur community.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by OsunOriginal: 9:45pm On Jan 08, 2013
ROSSIKE:

I'm sorry but the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF CONTRIBUTORS have stated they are experiencing IMPROVED POWER SUPPLY.

That is something you cannot WISH AWAY.

You cannot subsume the majority view in your political bias.

Where is your village? You dont seem to know what they call power improvement. We have see all these sporadic power supply many times in the past.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Krucifax(m): 9:49pm On Jan 08, 2013
It really gives me hope reading most of the replies on here. It would appear that the light situation has improved in most parts of Naija. I personally predict that the economy will follow in that improvement. This is as business minded people will start to thrive where they have previously not done in the past due cost of petrol or diesel for their generators. Even multinationals will start to employ more people as more of the revenue is freed up from supporting power supply.

A friend of mine who manages a dept in one of the telecoms giants,once told me they need a generator(plant) to support machinery and then they need a second plant to back up the first one!! All leading to millions of naira in extra costs each month for matters not even directly related to the business. Millions they could have reinvested in expansion,marketing and recruitment of Nigerian workers!

All in all it's good news,if i see it's for the long term my relocation plans back to Naija will be sped up wink
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 08, 2013
OsunOriginal:

Where is your village? You dont seem to know what they call power improvement. We have see all these sporadic power supply many times in the past.

You can't argue against the facts. Power supply has literally DOUBLED since Jonathan came to power, from 2,200 mw in 2010 to the current 4,500 mw. It has translated to better supply over the last YEAR - not over the last week or months.

That's really good progress for a couple of years if you know anything about power. I think you should offer words of support to ongoing efforts.
Re: What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state by adezzy01(m): 9:52pm On Jan 08, 2013
in my area ikate(lag) light stil dey bad, in sepeteri (oyo)wer i dey serve same no ni so pdp neva do anytin. Sory Egbere Jonathan badluk no do shishi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Apologise To Beaf, Sincerenigerian, Tomakint, Pointb And Co / The Engine That Drives Nairaland / See Photos Of Corpses Army Recovered During Search Of Dead Body Of Major Alkali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.