Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! (144684 Views)

The "Love Letter" I Found Inside My Student's Note / Hand Written Love Letter My Ex Wrote Me 6 Years Ago / Best Love Letter I Have Ever Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by ghettodreamz(m): 5:19pm On Jan 09, 2013
Adùfẹ…… owunmi lobìrin, oréké lé wà ọmọgé…mo nífé rè tori torùn, tèsè táyá, tojú, tẹ́nu
Odùn lobìrin lá tokè dé ìsàlè. Tim bá tin ri ẹ áyá mi á ma ṣẹ gbìgbìgbì
Ọlọmọgé Ẹlẹjè tutu
Larìn awọ̀n ọmọ obìrin tí o wa layẹ yìí, iwo ni ọkàn mi yàn
To bá kọ̀ látì fẹ́ mi, mo má pá rá mi si ẹ lórùn
Wá ṣe temi..emi náà fẹ́ ṣe tí ẹ
Awọ̀n sisi pọ ni gbóró tí mo fí yan ẹ
odùn jú gbógbó cranberry juice layẹ yìí ati ọrún….

Adùfẹ baby mi… jọ́wọ̀ dákun ṣe temi…..babi yii jóò
mo fí ásíkọ yìí ṣélérí fún ẹ wípé nígbò jò, nígborùn, bí ìlẹ́ bán jó, bólẹ̀ bán já, tí ẹ ní mó má ṣé lojokojo

Ti ẹ ni tóòtọ
Ọkọ Adùfẹ

English Version
Adufe…a woman of my choice, beautiful young damsel. I love you from head to toe
Sweet lady from top to bottom. Whenever I set my eyes on you….my heart beats fast
Cool calm and collected beautiful damsel
Of all the women in the world, you are my hearts choice
If you fail to be with me, I can kill myself
Be mine, I want to be yours
There are many women in the world but i picked you
You are the sweetest juice ever
Baby please, be mine, please now,
I want to use this time to let you know that in all weather conditions and disasters, I’ll be yours at all time

Truly Yours
Adufe’s Boo

http://www.mediafritiq.com/2012/02/14/west-african-love-poems-and-letters/

I stumbled on this a while ago and found it interesting. The question is, have you ever written a love letter in your dialect before? And how good/suck were you in passing the message across?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by mideeniafe(f): 6:19pm On Jan 09, 2013
Nice! I prefer the yoruba version though.
Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by ghettodreamz(m): 6:50pm On Jan 09, 2013
'mide eniafe:
Nice! I prefer the yoruba version though.
Same Here
Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by Sijo01(f): 6:55pm On Jan 09, 2013
Hmmmmmmm.
Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by ghettodreamz(m): 7:02pm On Jan 09, 2013
Sijo01: Hmmmmmmm.

It's been a while, hope U're good. Hapi new yr!
Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 09, 2013
Nice one!

Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by Sijo01(f): 7:54pm On Jan 09, 2013
ghettodreamz:

It's been a while, hope U're good. Hapi new yr!

happy new year to you too.
am good. hope you'r doing same?
Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 09, 2013
pardon the english with igbo grin

Hello pretty damusel,
I just wanted to let u know dat I hav joined the muvin people. Ndi na aga aga, (the happuning guys). I am Aguiyi international! Importa & Exporta. I ownu plenty of shop in Onitsha main market. As u are luking at me, nne a dim very solid.
My containers come in 20s and 40s every weekly. I hav over 40 boys in my training.
Aguiyi is a bigi boy, I am a muver, I am a shaker. I yamu a man of timber & plywood. I yamu rich and by d special grace of God, I am the owner of di biggest & powerfulu boutique u can think of. I employ one lady to managin it. I can call her wit my etisalat phone; give her query with my mtn; fire her with my glo; and hire another manger with my airtel. I wulu make you di CEO, president, and first lady of di conglomerate.
All di streets in china are right here in my head and all di Nigerian boys dat load market in there are under me. As I yamu speaking to u now, they are making plan to crown me eze ndi igbo nile of china and by the special grace of God, you will be lolo ndi igbo nile of china.
Nne you look like egg yolk and for dat, I will kill any ochicha for u.
Nne, ego na esi isi na arum. I send money on errands.
A dim ok! Is it my fault dat I yamu a bigi boy? Is it my fault dat at my age, I have many boys under me? Is it my fault dat I have plans of making u d president of d biggest boutique in Onitsha.
I wulu repackage u nne m and present u to d world, pretty damusel. Nne m o! Oyoyo m, Egovin nwa! My yori yori! My african Queen, ashanti m! Nwa akworo aka muo! Igbu go m. Infact baby, take me.
Your loving faithfully,
Aguyi

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 09, 2013
..... grin grin grin Thanks for posting the letter I sent to you smiley smiley

Yours Benjamin smiley
Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
~vicky~:

Hello pretty damusel,
I just wanted to let u know dat I hav joined the muvin people. Ndi na aga aga, (the happuning guys). I am Aguiyi international! Importa & Exporta. I ownu plenty of shop in Onitsha main market. As u are luking at me, nne a dim very solid.
My containers come in 20s and 40s every weekly. I hav over 40 boys in my training.
Aguiyi is a bigi boy, I am a muver, I am a shaker. I yamu a man of timber & plywood. I yamu rich and by d special grace of God, I am the owner of di biggest & powerfulu boutique u can think of. I employ one lady to managin it. I can call her wit my etisalat phone; give her query with my mtn; fire her with my glo; and hire another manger with my airtel. I wulu make you di CEO, president, and first lady of di conglomerate.
All di streets in china are right here in my head and all di Nigerian boys dat load market in there are under me. As I yamu speaking to u now, they are making plan to crown me eze ndi igbo nile of china and by the special grace of God, you will be lolo ndi igbo nile of china.
A dim ok! Is it my fault dat I yamu a bigi boy? Is it my fault dat at my age, I have many boys under me? Is it my fault dat I have plans of making u d president of d biggest boutique in Onitsha.
I wulu repackage u nne m and present u to d world, pretty damusel. Nne m o! Oyoyo m, Egovin nwa! My yori yori! My african Queen, ashanti m! Nwa akworo aka muo! Igbu go m. Infact baby, take me.
Your loving faithfully,
Aguyi
I yamu Indoorsing. . . grin

3 Likes

Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by xynerise: 8:43pm On Jan 09, 2013
Pls can anybody write a love letter in Efik? grin
Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by ghettodreamz(m): 9:30pm On Jan 09, 2013
~vicky~:

Hmmmmmm

Na wa ooooo. Dis one na thick Igbo man thing ooooo.

Btw, how long have you been watching those Nollywood movies? cheesygringringringrin
Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by ghettodreamz(m): 9:32pm On Jan 09, 2013
Sijo01:

happy new year to you too.
am good. hope you'r doing same?
Gud 2 hear. I'm gud too.
Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 09, 2013
Hahahaha Lol... @Vicky I’m cracking up with serious laughter. Oh dear; this write-up is cute
~vicky~:

1 Like

Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 09, 2013
Nice write-up...
ghettodreamz:
Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by MAYOWAAK: 10:02pm On Jan 09, 2013
y dearest, sweetest, fondest, fantastic, extra-ordinary, paragon of beauty,

I hope this letter meets you in a fabulos state of metabolism, if so dixology

Time and ability plus double capacity has forced my pen to dance automatically on this benedicted sheet of paper.

My principal aim of writing this letter to you is to gravitate your mind towards a matter of global and universal importance, which has been troubling my soul. The matter is so important. Even as i am writing, my adrenaline is100 percent on the Richer scale, my temperature is rising; the wind vane of my mind is pointing North, South and East at the same time, the mirrior in my eyes has only your divine image. Indeed when i sleep, you are the one in my medulla oblangata, and i dream about you. I went out to sea in my dream, and i saw you, surrounded by H20 and in your majesty rose from the abdomen of the sea

Why! this miraculous thing happened is because I love you spontaneously and as I stand horizontal to the wall and perpendicular to the ground I only think of you, since you are a fantastic and fabulous damsel.

Please Stop haranguing with the feelings in my heart because I love you more than a snake loves rat. To me each day starts by thinking of you and ends by dreaming of you. Each time I see you my metabolism suddenly stops and my peristalysis goes in reverse gear.

Crazy crazy crazy you may say but this is true. If only you knew what is going on in my encephalon you would understand. That's why I need to see face to face with you, soon.

I think I have to pen-off here. Catch you later.

Sleep tight and don't let those bed bugs ever bite you coz you are too sweet a thing for them.

19 Likes

Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 09, 2013
xynerise: Pls can anybody write a love letter in Efik? grin

So mama skydeep is Efik-Ibibio ? smiley wow!
Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by presegsADESIDA(m): 10:06pm On Jan 09, 2013
kare oooooooooooooooooo
Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by Peteridiata: 10:11pm On Jan 09, 2013
U need this site
Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 09, 2013
~vicky~:

Hello pretty damusel,
Your loving faithfully,
Aguyi
LMAO!! how can I forget Aguiyi International, onye na ga aga? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by xynerise: 10:18pm On Jan 09, 2013
acidosis™:

So mama skydeep is Efik-Ibibio ? smiley wow!
Nope undecided. She is Igbo-Austrian.
Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by Lakayana: 10:27pm On Jan 09, 2013
MAYOWAAK: y dearest, sweetest, fondest, fantastic, extra-ordinary, paragon of beauty,

I hope this letter meets you in a fabulos state of metabolism, if so dixology

Time and ability plus double capacity has forced my pen to dance automatically on this benedicted sheet of paper.

My principal aim of writing this letter to you is to gravitate your mind towards a matter of global and universal importance, which has been troubling my soul. The matter is so important. Even as i am writing, my adrenaline is100 percent on the Richer scale, my temperature is rising; the wind vane of my mind is pointing North, South and East at the same time, the mirrior in my eyes has only your divine image. Indeed when i sleep, you are the one in my medulla oblangata, and i dream about you. I went out to sea in my dream, and i saw you, surrounded by H20 and in your majesty rose from the abdomen of the sea

Why! this miraculous thing happened is because I love you spontaneously and as I stand horizontal to the wall and perpendicular to the ground I only think of you, since you are a fantastic and fabulous damsel.

Please Stop haranguing with the feelings in my heart because I love you more than a snake loves rat. To me each day starts by thinking of you and ends by kiss dreaming of you. Each time I see you my metabolism suddenly stops and my peristalysis goes in reverse gear.

Crazy crazy crazy you may say but this is true. If only you knew what is going on in my encephalon you would understand. That's why I need to see face to face with you, soon.

I think I have to pen-off here. Catch you later.

Sleep tight and don't let those bed bugs ever bite you coz you are too sweet a thing for them.
I hope your grammar would not kill her before your love gets anywhere close to her heart.

1 Like

Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:29pm On Jan 09, 2013
If you don't love me, I ll kill myself.
Reply: If you die, you died for nothing. O kan ku danu lasan ni.
OP, if na WAEC, this letter ll be scored G10, the sister of F9.

1 Like

Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by TableLeg(m): 10:31pm On Jan 09, 2013
undecided
Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 09, 2013
~vicky~:

Hello pretty damusel,
Your loving faithfully,
Aguyi

Aguiyi nna m,

Tank yo for ya leta
As I just return from mama Eliza now now to fix my Brazilian weave hunger was wiring me but dis letter enter my eyes,I can't even eat again,all the hunger is disappear fiam,love has filled my stomak.
My darling, since dat time I saw you in Christmas at Ozubulu, my heart has been doing gbim gbim gbim gbim,gbim gbim
My GO at Fire Pentecostal Pastor Chikadibia has already prophesy on my head
He said that the Manu dat will marry me will come from abroad
He will be a bit fair,not so tall with small bow legs.Aguiyi you are dat man
I am already ya lolo by faith

In case you don't know every Ghiel in my family delivers 3 boys first before baby ghiel
I will born boys for you.,I will cook you Ofe nsala and Onugbu.My mother trained me wellu wellu.

Agu m I cover al ya bizness with da blood of Jesus
I say that money will pursue you in dat China
Our containers shall arrive in piece and not in pieces
People will see us and say yes,dis people are bless
Biko call me on my phone
I will flash you now,please call me back so I can hear dat ya voice again

Remain bless and rapturable,

Your future wife to be
Nwanneka

39 Likes

Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 09, 2013
xynerise:
Nope undecided. She is Igbo-Austrian.
cool..... smiley
Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by juman(m): 10:36pm On Jan 09, 2013
acidosis™:
..... grin grin grin Thanks for posting the letter I sent to you smiley smiley

Yours Benjamin smiley

grin grin
Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by Moschino26(m): 10:41pm On Jan 09, 2013
~vicky~:

Hello pretty damusel,
Your loving faithfully,
Aguyi

#Dop.e, Odika veri rich boi.
Re: Love Letter Written In Yoruba Language! by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 09, 2013
babyosisi:

Aguiyi nna m,

Tank yo for ya leta
As I just return from mama Eliza now now to fix my Brazilian weave hunger was wiring me but dis letter enter my eyes,I can't even eat again,all the hunger is disappear fiam,love has filled my stomak.
My darling, since dat time I saw you in Christmas at Ozubulu, my heart has been doing gbim gbim gbim gbim.
My GO at Fire Pentecostal has already prophesy on my head
He said that the Manu dat will marry me will come from abroad
He will be a bit fair,not so tall with small bow legs.Aguiyi you are dat man
I am already ya lolo

In case you don't know every Ghiel in my family delivers 3 boys first before baby ghiel
I will born boys for you.,I will cook you Ofe nsala and Onugbu.My mother trained me wellu wellu.

Agu m I cover al ya bizness with da blood of Jesus
I say that money will pursue you in China
Our containers shall arrive in piece and not in pieces
People will see us and say yes,dis people are bless
Biko call me on my phone
I will flash you now,please call me back so I can hear dat ya voice again

Your future wife to be
Nwanneka

gini? afta dis wondaful leta, Aguiyi ga nu gi o, he mustu!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Strange Observations After Quitting Masturbation / 17 Signs That Shows She's No Longer Interested In You / Man Dies During Sex With Pregnant Married Lover Inside Container In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.