Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,889 members, 7,838,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Do Children Strengthen Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Children Strengthen Relationships (870 Views)

Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Distant Relationships And Phone Calls / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Children Strengthen Relationships by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 27, 2008
Was discussing with a couple of guys the other day, and the arguement was all about the role children play in bonding a couple together in a marriage, while some guys are of the opinion that a man will develop more intense feelings to a wife that gave him good children, others feel it does not neccessarily have to be so.

I feels that the love in a marriage without children cannot develop more that the initial one at the beginning of the marriage (the best scenario), on the other hand lack of kids in a marriage can set in motion a series of events that can ultimately bring to demise such a marriage.
Re: Do Children Strengthen Relationships by hollandis(f): 1:39pm On Feb 27, 2008
ilugun boy.are u basing ur judgements on experience abi na wetin?
Re: Do Children Strengthen Relationships by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 27, 2008
hollandis:

ilugun boy.are u basing your judgements on experience abi na wetin?

Nope!, any contribution from you please?
Re: Do Children Strengthen Relationships by hollandis(f): 1:50pm On Feb 27, 2008
though i aint married,but based on what i see around me.Girls/ladies/women. once they get pregnant /married.They tend to be less sensitive to the feelings of the man.Their attention turns to the new born.

Am i making sense undecided
Re: Do Children Strengthen Relationships by amsky(m): 2:16pm On Feb 27, 2008
Hollandis
you may be right when you say women divert attention to their babies once they are born.
Yeah,that's true. On the other hand,some women are able to strike a balance b/w the two ''tasks'' of mothering and being a wife. It takes an amazon to do that.

Most men are accommodating enough to be patient knowing that it's just a matter of time before their wives face them, others make it a duty to sulk on that account.

@ post
Yes, in my opinion,children bring a couple closer. It's the case for me anyway. The husband may be close to his wife,but the thought of ''this child is ours to cherish'' is a whole new world for the couple. My husband tells me that seeing the children makes him love me the more. One may misunderstand this thinking he did not love me before the babies came along,but i know what he's saying. I feel that way sometimes too. So kids in a marriage are to a great extent a binding factor. in my opinion
Re: Do Children Strengthen Relationships by talk2sulta: 2:25pm On Feb 27, 2008
A child is the product of their folly.it really unites and strenghtens anyway.it seriously does.
Re: Do Children Strengthen Relationships by almondjoy(f): 3:19pm On Feb 27, 2008
Sometimes yes and sometimes no. A man can dislike a woman and love the child. Also a woman can dislike a man and love the child.

The bond that exists between a man and a woman is usually independent of the children. When children serve to strengthen existing relationships, it only means the man and the woman have a solid foundation going in the first place. Children are just the icing on the cake. kiss
Re: Do Children Strengthen Relationships by opokonwa(m): 4:16pm On Feb 27, 2008
I have not had kids so wouldn't know undecided
Re: Do Children Strengthen Relationships by hollandis(f): 4:21pm On Feb 27, 2008
if i marry sha,i go first enjoy my wife for like 5 years b4 she begin to dey born pickin cool

(1) (Reply)

Does He Like Me Or What? / Loo Culture! / Distant Relationships: Does It Work Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.