Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

When Love Dies, What Next? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Love Dies, What Next? (12388 Views)

10 Depressing Reasons Love Dies In A Relationship / 10 Depressing Reasons Love Dies In A Relationship / When 'love' Makes You Cry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by LaBonito(f): 6:30pm On Jan 12, 2013
Lets face fact.It's just in men's nature 2 cheat. Most of dem don't hav conscience,nd dey don't put you gals in dia shoes first b4 dey act. Dey create problems nd blame dem on dia woman. Let him go nd marry his BB or nairaland,who cares. donno y som gals r still pleasing guys 2 dat extend, babes liv ur lives cos if you run mad or somtin, dey no send una. As for me, am the BOSS.

3 Likes

Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by pak: 6:33pm On Jan 12, 2013
~vicky~:
once the love is dead in a marriage, there is “no-way” or there is nothing that can be done to rekindle that special love once existing between a husband and wife. when love is gone, it’s gone, and nothing, not nothing, will bring it back to life in the core of a heart and soul. Once it’s dead, it’s over and done with, and there’s not a thing the couple can do to keep the union alive.

You need help and fast (most importantly before you get married)
Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 12, 2013
try to spend more time with her and cut off or limit those things that normally steal your time...but if u think u guys are not compartible then i'd suggest that u quit the relationship in order to avoid future marriage breakup.....
Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by LaBonito(f): 6:37pm On Jan 12, 2013
iamtheprincipal: Hey, you do need to be very honest with yourself by asking yourself some essential questions like; what went wrong between this woman & I, If I was in this woman shoes, how would I feel among others.
Let's learn to treat women with some measures of dignity and respect. Assuming She is your daughter, would you be happy if a man throws her out of his house the way you are planning to annul your union with your woman?
I can feel that you are already seeing another woman behind the scene but I'd advice that you let go of that jezebel and get back to your wife.
Get back to those things that bonded you two together, avoiding things that separates you and if there's anything She is done/doing wrong (or unpleasant to you), correct her in a loving way.
We can begin to make our marriages to work by showing sincere love and affection to our partners.

MoreGrace!
@ dis, let go of that jezebel and get back to your wife". She ain't no jezebel Jor.dats men for you, one woman is nt enof for dem, Weda married or single. The guy knows wat he's doing,abi is he a learner?
Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 12, 2013
pak:

You need help and fast (most importantly before you get married)
How does fasting related to the issue? Na wa 4 some people..LWKMD
Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 12, 2013
La Bonito: @ dis, let go of that jezebel and get back to your wife". She ain't no jezebel Jor.dats men for you, one woman is nt enof for dem, Weda married or single. The guy knows wat he's doing,abi is he a learner?

i quite agree with u...some men are not contented with only one women...i suppose its theit nature.
Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by safeLove(f): 6:40pm On Jan 12, 2013
OP,open your eyes and read what am about to write.

Never,I repeat,never ignore your intuition. If your mind tells you something is wrong,it probably is.

I believe you did just the registry thingy,well,you are married. I'll advice you to annul,and start your relationship all over again.

Marriage is more serious than those stuff you outlined. If you are having those feelings now,after the pomp and pagentry of the wedding ceremony,they will still be there.

You have time now to think about the step you are about to take to save yourself and the lady a lifetime of unhappy marriage.

A word is enough...
Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by anitank(f): 6:41pm On Jan 12, 2013
Gentle Naaz: nne, a na agwa gi na oku gbara father gi na aju ma ogbara afonu ya
lol! nna m, kedu ihe ichoro kam mee? okwa o choro ndumodu?
Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by claremont(m): 6:42pm On Jan 12, 2013
Go back to the registry and divorce her.
Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by vanstanzy(m): 6:43pm On Jan 12, 2013
~vicky~:
once the love is dead in a marriage, there is “no-way” or there is nothing that can be done to rekindle that special love once existing between a husband and wife. when love is gone, it’s gone, and nothing, not nothing, will bring it back to life in the core of a heart and soul. Once it’s dead, it’s over and done with, and there’s not a thing the couple can do to keep the union alive.

God, pls change the heart of this creation of urs, to have a different view of life. U mean u re willing to just pack-up and leave, u re not willing to try reviving it. U surrender very easily and u will make a ready prey for the enemy. U won't posse any difficulty at all. THEY WILL LOVE U! wink wink wink
Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by LadyTC: 6:50pm On Jan 12, 2013
There is always some guy here complaining about dying love. Love is a choice. If your wife is irritating you and you are having doubts about your court marriage there is a big problem here. Truth is you definitely married for the wrong reasons. Why the rush. Why didn't you do the wedding close together(court, trad and church).that being said you either sit down and face your wife and know love is a choice or you let her go now. Why r men like this I tire sef. Then see another one calling somebody jezebel rubbish.did this so called jezebel handcuff the man assuming he is cheating did she imprison him. Men in comitted r/s will chase girls. The girls will be called jezebel. Well I call those men AHAB then...long hisss.

1 Like

Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by Egbagirl(f): 6:51pm On Jan 12, 2013
leocolin:

If only you would read and understand... You need help and fast = You need help quickly. The 'fast' is not a verb.
Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by dabrake(m): 6:51pm On Jan 12, 2013
Start supporting arsenal.
Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by Bunorble: 6:52pm On Jan 12, 2013
Seek counsel from ur pastor and also from successful married pple. What is d meaning of Lmao?
Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by LaBonito(f): 6:56pm On Jan 12, 2013
leocolin:
i quite agree with u...some men are not contented with only one women...i suppose its theit nature.
serosly my dear.
Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by LadyTC: 6:58pm On Jan 12, 2013
vanstanzy:

God, pls change the heart of this creation of urs, to have a different view of life. U mean u re willing to just pack-up and leave, u re not willing to try reviving it. U surrender very easily and u will make a ready prey for the enemy. U won't posse any difficulty at all. THEY WILL LOVE U! wink wink wink

Sometimes you can never revive a relationship that is broken. Whatever you do will never work.it will only lead to hate, resentment and more of those things. Sometimes people act like its do or die no marriage is not. It is good to marry but if at the expense of your happiness and peace of mind move on! This OP married for the wrong reasons. Because the mere fact that she irritates him is a big red flag. If I was his life coach I will say quit while you are ahead for the girls sake and not his own sake.with time she will hate him if she is not spiritually grounded. Some people kill in the name of love. Its possible to fall out of love but still love(choice). When you love the person you are with they can annoy you but irritate?? Think about that, you won't even want to be around that person. U MR are not ready for the full commitment of marriage you need to work on yourself. You are selfish.
Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by mallorca(m): 6:59pm On Jan 12, 2013
The Boss,we don hear you,bla bla bla on Nairaland how i wish say u go enta my hand angry angry
La Bonito: Lets face fact.It's just in men's nature 2 cheat. Most of dem don't hav conscience,nd dey don't put you gals in dia shoes first b4 dey act. Dey create problems nd blame dem on dia woman. Let him go nd marry his BB or nairaland,who cares. donno y som gals r still pleasing guys 2 dat extend, babes liv ur lives cos if you run mad or somtin, dey no send una. As for me, am the BOSS.
Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by Abrantie: 7:00pm On Jan 12, 2013
First of all, what exactly is LOVE?
Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by 2Legit2Qui: 7:00pm On Jan 12, 2013
You bury it, pure and simple.
Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by Adaeze003(f): 7:03pm On Jan 12, 2013
WHEN LOVE DIES,REALITY SETS IN..

Before you think of a divorce, try committing to your marriage. Ask all the people who have been married for more than 20 yrs and they'll tell you that love is not enough in marriage. That's why our parents laugh sometimes when we talk of love.

Think of the reasons you fell in love in the first place and always remind yourself of those things when you look at her, take her out or on a vacation, talk to her and try to stay calm while talking, do fun things together,just try something! Don't just give up so fast.

You talked of church marriage, that means you're a Christian so pray and don't cease!

Life is not a ferry tale! You might divorce and remarry and the same thing will happen...
Make an effort man! Nothing good comes easy!!

2 Likes

Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by pak: 7:03pm On Jan 12, 2013
leocolin:

What I meant was - she needs help and she needs it fast. Are you from Mountain of fire, wetin carry your mind go fasting ?
Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by LadyTC: 7:09pm On Jan 12, 2013
@OP people say fight for your marriage blah blah the truth is they are not the ones that are going to be in this life long commitment with you. Am not saying you should annul it. But the truth is you know the answer already. You are seeking confirmation. For once in your life do a selfless act for this girl. If you know you will make her miserable and be a thorn in her life let her go but if you know you won't continue to hurt her which am 100percent you are doing then work hard towards your wedding otherwise please let her go, let her hurt and let her move on to who GOD actually has planned for her.
Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by festusf: 7:17pm On Jan 12, 2013
Pray very well and consult real man of God for counselling so dat u will not regret the step u want to take.
salt 1:

Vicky, I do hope you're joking. I've been married for a long time and I know it's absolutely impossible to be in love with your spouse all the time. We fall in and out of love but it's uSually with the same person. Even our kids, whom we love unconditionally, can get us to the point of bitterness but we get over those resentments and love them all over.
@poster, there's another person you're comparing with your legally married wife. 3 isn't company in marriage. Cut Off that other relationship before you do something silly and shameful. You loved this Woman enough to marry her. Stick to her. Remain married as you work on getting your changeful feelings back on course
MARRIAGE TAKES MORE THAN LOVE!
Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by Abrantie: 7:20pm On Jan 12, 2013
Abrantie: First of all, what exactly is LOVE?

There are about 5 different types of love, so may be, there might be other types present in OP's relationship to keep it going.

Type 1: Eros

Passionate love with sensual desire and longing. The Modern Greek word "erotas" means "(romantic) love". However, eros does not have to be sexual in nature. Eros can be interpreted as a love for someone whom you love more than the philia love of friendship. It can also apply to dating relationships as well as marriage.

Although eros is initially felt for a person, it can become an appreciation of the beauty within that person, or of beauty itself. It should be noted Plato does not talk of physical attraction as a necessary part of love, hence the use of the word platonic to mean, "without physical attraction".

Type 2: Philia

This means friendship in modern Greek. It's a virtuous love without passion. It includes loyalty to friends, family, and community, and requires virtue, equality and familiarity.

In ancient texts, philia denoted a general type of love, used for love between family, between friends, a desire or enjoyment of an activity, as well as between lovers. This is the only other word for "love" used in the ancient text of the New Testament besides agape, but even then it is used substantially less frequently.

Type 3: Agapē

Means "love" in modern day Greek, such as in the term s'agapo, which means "I love you". In Ancient Greek it often refers to a general affection rather than the attraction suggested by "eros".

Agape is used in ancient texts to denote feelings for a good meal, one's children, and the feelings for a spouse. It can be described as the feeling of being content or holding one in high regard.

The verb appears in the New Testament describing, amongst other things, the relationship between Jesus and the beloved disciple. In biblical literature, its meaning and usage is illustrated by self-sacrificing, giving love to all -- both friend and enemy. It is used in Matthew 22:39, "Love your neighbour as yourself," and in John 15:12, "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you," and in 1 John 4:8, "God is love."

However, the word "agape" is not always used in the New Testament in a positive sense. II Timothy 4:10 uses the word in a negative sense. The Apostle Paul writes,"For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved (agapo) this present world...."

Thus the word "agape" is not always used of a divine love or the love of God.

Type 4: Storge

Means "affection" in modern Greek; it is natural affection, like that felt by parents for offspring. Rarely used in ancient works, and then almost exclusively as a descriptor of relationships within the family.

Type 5: Thelema

Means "desire" in modern Greek; it is the desire to do something, to be occupied, to be in prominence.
Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by Ovems(f): 7:35pm On Jan 12, 2013
@ Poster, please go and watch Fireproof. You will learn alot from that movie.
Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 12, 2013
I can feel that you are already seeing another woman behind the scene but I'd advice that you let go of that jezebel and get back to your wife.

Why call another woman Jezebel? Show some respect bros.
Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by emmatok(m): 7:50pm On Jan 12, 2013
Case33: When u don't feel like loving ur wife anymore, nothing she does pleases u, u even tell her to her face that she can't arouse u,that u determine when to be aroused,u love chatting on ur bb more than u love talking to her, u prefer reading NL comments n laughing hysterically alone instead of chatting with her, she tries all she can to please u,yet u can't be pleased,her very presence irritates u even when she's done nothing wrong.....what next? Meanwhile u r supposed to be wedding in church in less than 3months,do u call off d wedding or simply go back to d court where u were wedded n annul it? Or just continue to hope dt u will eventually change ur attitude towards her n love her again d way u used to? Sincere advice needed pls!

Guy though I might not believe in relationship love.
I believe in RESPECT and APPRECIATION.
If you cannot respect her and appreciate what she is doing for you, the call off the relationship.
Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by ubong560(m): 7:58pm On Jan 12, 2013
@op/topic, the underlisted are wat next wen love dies.

1) If love dies, den ambulance takes it to d mortuary, frm mortuary to d bury ground (wch d date shld be announced 2 d public e.g. if fried rice will be cooked), den after burial, d love resurrects on the judgment day to face its sinful deeds whilst on earth b4 d Creator. From there, either heaven or hell (na love itself go sabi dat one abeg).

2) If love truly dies e.g. 2day 2day, den Liverpool go yansh Man U 2moro b dat.

Hope i've made sense?
Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by vanstanzy(m): 7:59pm On Jan 12, 2013
LadyTC:

Sometimes you can never revive a relationship that is broken. Whatever you do will never work.it will only lead to hate, resentment and more of those things. Sometimes people act like its do or die no marriage is not. It is good to marry but if at the expense of your happiness and peace of mind move on! This OP married for the wrong reasons. Because the mere fact that she irritates him is a big red flag. If I was his life coach I will say quit while you are ahead for the girls sake and not his own sake.with time she will hate him if she is not spiritually grounded. Some people kill in the name of love. Its possible to fall out of love but still love(choice). When you love the person you are with they can annoy you but irritate?? Think about that, you won't even want to be around that person. U MR are not ready for the full commitment of marriage you need to work on yourself. You are selfish.

At least, one is supposed to try and revive it. If after such tries, things still don't work out, then he can quit peacefully. He was sounding like he wasn't going to try salvaging the marriage@ all. Didn't u read his comment?
Ur comment started well, but calling me selfish. Babes, u don't know the half of me. Sorry to BUST UR BUBBLE though, am HAPPILY MARRIED and am well aware of the commitments, thank you! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by LadyTC: 8:05pm On Jan 12, 2013
vanstanzy:

At least, one is supposed to try and revive it. If after such tries, things still don't work out, then he can quit peacefully. He was sounding like he wasn't going to try salvaging the marriage@ all. Didn't u read his comment?
Ur comment started well, but calling me selfish. Babes, u don't know the half of me. Sorry to BUST UR BUBBLE though, am HAPPILY MARRIED and am well aware of the commitments, thank you! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I wasn't talkn to u abt being selfis I mean OP s selfish. I just responded to ur revival comment
Re: When Love Dies, What Next? by playahP(m): 8:20pm On Jan 12, 2013
My brother, I have been in this your shoes before. First of all, you need a break from your current relationship. I know there is a woman or something that seems to be making you happier than your wife does;

- cut the third party off (be it a woman or a bb, or nairaland).
- please stay away from your bb and all social network...
- and while you're having this quiet bachelor, think about the reason you loved her initially....

- it seems you have a good woman that is willing to please you; if you throw her away, hahahahaahahahah.... You will most likely regret it I swear!!

After the love fizzles out in a relationship, the only thing that'd keep it is the character of both parties... Their attitude....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When the roles are reversed / Is There Anything Wrong Marrying An Mbaise Girl / Attending Your Ex-girlfriend Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.